No announcement yet.

WSOP 2015 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to al from IRAN still left in ...

Comment

Comment

Shane Warne through with 247k, make some headlines if he shipped it.

Comment

Have we any players still left in the main?

Comment

Originally posted by colm_leche View Post
            Have we any players still left in the main?
            Jude still there with 184k bb2k

Comment

Andrew Sweeney on 135k.

Comment

Originally posted by carlinrose View Post
                Andrew Sweeney on 135k.
                If Jude busts Sweeney is on his todd.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                  If Jude busts Sweeney is on his todd.
                  What about Connolly & Clarke. They bust already?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    Can't imagine Declan is bust. Are we claiming Nick Abou Rick too (was up to 215k an hour ago)

We can't forget NoelHayes either, flying with 500k

Comment

Not very subtle by the dealer. WTF??

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Looks accidental to me to be fair. He looks bored and must have presumed the card protector was the last one and not realised he exposed a card.
                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Yeah, could be accidental, however eyes need to be on this fella just in case.

Comment

Ah, i'm not buying the accidental thing at all lads. Will the real Slim Shady please stand up!

Comment

according to facebook there playing today

Comment

Originally posted by OasisKid View Post
                                according to facebook there playing today
                                Patrick posted this 20 mins ago,

dream over for another year frown emoticon.... set v set done most the damage in a 3way 3bet pot, flop had flush draw and straight draw on board.. then got my last 40k in with AK v JJ, we bink flop but get turned frown emoticon sick feeling to get close to the money and bust...

Comment

Ah, i'm not buying the accidental thing at all lads. Will the real Slim Shady please stand up!
                                  I'm in the camp of 'give them the benefit of the doubt'. until evidence suggests otherwise.

Comment

care to outline for the slow amongst us exactly what happened in the video? Was the dealer exposing a dead card or am I missing something?
                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                      care to outline for the slow amongst us exactly what happened in the video? Was the dealer exposing a dead card or am I missing something?
                                      He picks the deck up and flips it over showing the ace of diamonds at the bottom

Comment

I was just trying to get Sweeney Todd in first

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                          I was just trying to get Sweeney Todd in first
                                          You are operating on a level some of us can only dream about.

Comment

What the hell! The guy right in front of the camera is so engrossed in proceedings that he doesn't even realise he is being pick pocketed! Madness, absolute madness.

Comment

Declan Connolly 130,000 - Scott Margereson 101,500 (anybody know who he is? Down as Irish but there is an English pro by that name) & Nick Abou Risk on 495,000 they're the only ones that I can see still left in.
                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                Declan Connolly 130,000 - Scott Margereson 101,500 (anybody know who he is? Down as Irish but there is an English pro by that name) & Nick Abou Risk on 495,000 they're the only ones that I can see still left in.
                                                Yeah they were the only once I saw too. Declan is such an mtt beast!

Comment

Yeah they were the only once I saw too. Declan is such an mtt beast!
                                                  Kinda quiet & unassuming and probably doesn't get the recognition he deserves, maybe he just likes it that way. Hastings 3rd in chips as for the guy in 4th Fedor Holz that kid is seriously good, wizard!

Comment

Kinda quiet & unassuming and probably doesn't get the recognition he deserves, maybe he just likes it that way.
                                                    I think if you speak to any regular players or anyone in The Fitz he is very highly regarded. Not one to go the high profile route.

Would be cool if the current Domestic Live Irish No 1 shipped it

Comment

Declan finished up 150 of 237 at the end of the day. $35k locked up. Still plenty of big names left in the field too

Comment

Play with deco in the fitz top bloke and supper player would love to see him make nov nine and has the game just needs the luck that goes with running so deep in wsop.and Danny is right he's a quite lad but that's the way he likes it

Comment

Declan finished up 150 of 237 at the end of the day. $35k locked up. Still plenty of big names left in the field too
                                                          Nick Abou Risk still in with a shot heading into Day 5 with 500,000.

Comment

That's all the Irish out of the running with Declan Connolly finishing 103rd for $46,890 while Nick Abou Risk finished in 72nd spot for $96,445. Big congrats to all the Irish who put in a tremendous showing this year.

In related WSOP questions got 2% piece of an American in the ME who cashed for $34k my take was that me (Irish) don't have to pay taxes on winnings he got word from his accountant that he has to pay taxes on my piece, spoke with Doke and he said that you don't, I don't have a ton of experience when it comes to stuff like this & I'm sure the same is for him and is looking to cover his side so he doesn't have the IRS on at him.

Seen this from David Peters when selling for the 500k at Aria -

For any cashes I'll need your Tax number and address to send you a 1099. If you are not from the US I will still need your tax info but you only have to pay taxes on it if your country requires you to do so. I will not take anything out from your payout.
                                                            That's what my take was on it.

Comment

Dunno how it world, but from their perspective I could see it being his income which he then dishes out however he wants, so would get taxed. Unless there is some special rule around this.

Comment

That's all the Irish out of the running with Declan Connolly finishing 103rd for $46,890 while Nick Abou Risk finished in 72nd spot for $96,445. Big congrats to all the Irish who put in a tremendous showing this year.

In related WSOP questions got 2% piece of an American in the ME who cashed for $34k my take was that me (Irish) don't have to pay taxes on winnings he got word from his accountant that he has to pay taxes on my piece, spoke with Doke and he said that you don't, I don't have a ton of experience when it comes to stuff like this & I'm sure the same is for him and is looking to cover his side so he doesn't have the IRS on at him.

Seen this from David Peters when selling for the 500k at Aria -

That's what my take was on it.
                                                                Sounds like he (or his accountant) is being over-cautious. I think you can sort this out with a W-8BEN Form Danny.

"You must give Form W-8BEN to the withholding agent or payer if you are a nonresident alien who is the beneficial owner of an amount subject to withholding, or if you are an account holder of an FFI documenting yourself as a nonresident alien. If you are the single owner of a disregarded entity, you are considered the beneficial owner of income received by the disregarded entity. Submit Form W-8BEN when requested by the withholding agent, payer, or FFI whether or not you are claiming a reduced rate of, or exemption from, withholding...."

http://www.irs.gov/instructions/iw8ben/ch01.html#d0e79

Comment

down to 11 in the Main Event with Negreanu and the 72 year old Pierre Neuville still alive.

Kind of an interesting spot, 11 left with 2nd-7th place chip stacks on one table, and then 8th-11th along with the chip leader on the other table.

Main Stage
                                                                  Seat 1: Joshua Beckley - 5,675,000 (14 bb)
                                                                  Seat 2: --empty--
                                                                  Seat 3: --empty--
                                                                  Seat 4: --empty--
                                                                  Seat 5: Alexander Turyansky - 4,550,000 (11 bb)
                                                                  Seat 6: Joe McKeehen - 54,950,000 (137 bb)
                                                                  Seat 7: --empty--
                                                                  Seat 8: Federico Butteroni - 9,300,000 (23 bb)
                                                                  Seat 9: Daniel Negreanu - 6,825,000 (17 bb)

Outer Table
                                                                  Seat 1: --empty--
                                                                  Seat 2: Neil Blumenfield - 23,000,000 (56 bb)
                                                                  Seat 3: Pierre Neuville - 15,725,000 (39 bb)
                                                                  Seat 4: Zvi Stern - 28,500,000 (71 bb)
                                                                  Seat 5: --empty--
                                                                  Seat 6: --empty--
                                                                  Seat 7: Thomas Cannuli - 15,000,000 (37 bb)
                                                                  Seat 8: Patrick Chan - 9,325,000 (23 bb)
                                                                  Seat 9: Max Steinberg - 19,850,000 (50 bb)
                                                                  Last edited by Jam-Fly; 15-07-15, 07:08.
                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

down to 10, Negreanu just bust. A4 < J3dd on AKTdd flop
                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

"the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Thank fuck, imagine him winning.
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                          in fairness he would not be one of the worse players to be on the final table

Comment

no but he'd certainly be the most annoying, from now to November would be unbearable

Comment

Originally posted by corkie123 View Post
                                                                              in fairness he would not be one of the worse players to be on the final table
                                                                              I dont think he was judging the ability of Negreanu. I think he meant it being the equivalent of Montgomerie winning a major.

Comment

Would have made it a bit interesting.

I couldn't give less of a fuck now.
                                                                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
                                                                                  no but he'd certainly be the most annoying, from now to November would be unbearable
                                                                                  unbearable too who and why that ?

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
                                                                                    I think 'love-em/hate-em' type characters are good for generating publicity which in turn is good for encouraging new people in, which in turn is good for the overall economy of the game.

You might have had to ignore him between now and November but I suspect he would have generated a lot more air-time in non-poker media than the rest of the actual Nov Nine together.

Comment

Can think of a dozen worse who love the smell of their own s*#%

Helmuths recent one about how he inspires hundreds of millions of people around the World took the biscuit altogether.

Was surpised at how well DN handled it post bustout. Got straight on the rail. Blogged about mistakes he made e.t.c. Handles himself well imo. Good for the game. Would rather DN than a table full of entitled whingers.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PokerPiper View Post
                                                                                          Can think of a dozen worse who love the smell of their own s*#%

Helmuths recent one about how he inspires hundreds of millions of people around the World took the biscuit altogether.

Was surpised at how well DN handled it post bustout. Got straight on the rail. Blogged about mistakes he made e.t.c. Handles himself well imo. Good for the game. Would rather DN than a table full of entitled whingers.
                                                                                          Not only that he started streaming himself playing in the last few months, explains his spots and so on, has been a great laugh, lovely guy.

Comment

I stand by what I said, nut cunt.
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

I stand by what I said, nut cunt.
                                                                                              do you know him so well that you can say that can you .

it is so irish too be so jealous you know

Comment

Originally posted by corkie123 View Post
                                                                                                do you know him so well that you can say that can you .

it is so irish too be so jealous you know
                                                                                                Of course I'm jealous. But I'm jealous of most cunts with that sort of money. Its irrelevant ,he's annoying as fuck
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Was keeping an eye on it and of the names i knew that went deep, hastings/bonamo/negreanu i was hoping negreanu made it more than the other two tbh. He is annoying though

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                  X