Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IO SAT Line-check

100 Euro Online Sat.

I am approx. 17/60 with approx. 12 2K packages to be awarded.

I 2x 99 on the button, playing approx. 34K, and the SB, playing 28K, makes it 5.6K. New to
    table so no reads/dynamic. Blinds 500/1000.

There are a lot of 10-12 BB stack in play at this stage, and field does not seem too tough.

I presume this is a fold?
    Last edited by colm_leche; 14-03-16, 10:01.

Originally posted by colm_leche View Post
    100 Euro Online Sat.

I am approx. 17/60 with approx. 12 2K packages to be awarded.

I 2x 99 on the button, playing approx. 34K, and the SB, playing 28K, make it 5.6K. New to
    table so no reads/dynamic.

There are a lot of 10-12 BB stack in play at this stage, and field does not seem too tough.

I presume this is a fold?
    Blind Level ?

Comment

Blinds 500/1,000.

Comment

Looks like a jam to me. R/F 99 there seems weak to me. 28bbs eff, 99 seems too strong

Comment

Originally posted by colm_leche View Post
          Blinds 500/1,000.
          With no info on villain I don't mind folding here. We still have 32bb. Anyone peeling here ?

Comment

The fact that you're button and he's SB adds to the dynamic where many button raises are 'disrespected' increasing chances of SB being light. In this spot I think I jam-99 too strong to fold. You always have 8bb's left to mount a comeback when you lose

Comment

Any poker tracker history on the guy or anything to help us with his 3b % from this spot? In absence of information I'm 4b jamming based on info you've provided

Comment

Doke?

Comment

Originally posted by Irisheman View Post
                  Any poker tracker history on the guy or anything to help us with his 3b % from this spot? In absence of information I'm 4b jamming based on info you've provided
                  I play HUD-less, so no 3b %.

Comment

I'd find it very hard not to rip here. It seems so weak to just R/F 99 here with almost 40 players left to a package.

Comment

with zero info or stats im ripping it in his eye, this spot is super simple if you have a hud tbh. ripping>>>flatting>>>>>>>>>>>folding

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                        with zero info or stats im ripping it in his eye, this spot is super simple if you have a hud tbh. ripping>>>flatting>>>>>>>>>>>folding
                        What chips said, also with so many people left your no way near gtd a package and you'll have to find spots to increase your stack, and this is one of these. This would be way different if you were 10/20 with 12 packages.
                        ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                        I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

I'm happy to peel here. In position. Dunno about jamming 28 BB with no info against someone who has just lashed nearly 20% of their stack into the middle.

Still got 30 BB and am happy to to re-evaluate after flop.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                            I'm happy to peel here. In position. Dunno about jamming 28 BB with no info against someone who has just lashed nearly 20% of their stack into the middle.

Still got 30 BB and am happy to to re-evaluate after flop.
                            Yea I rather this,although I easily jam 1010,

Comment

Jamming 99 does not feel good here. It's like 4.6k into an 8.6k pot atm. I much rather a stop and go on the flop.
                              Even if we have to let it go some of the time, we still have 30BBs are are in maybe 20-25th position

Comment

Default play is to shove, so unless guy is super tight, I'd go with that. It's a big pickup if he folds and you have good equity against his calling range (usually flipping so very slightly ahead). Your position is the key here: it's a raise fold if you're utg.

One way to look at it is you are raising (I presume) a lot more hands than 99. On button you should be raising at least 30-35% of hands. For example, if you open 35% and fold 99, then you fold 6 out of every 7 hands when you get 3 bet. His 3 bet is risking 5.1k to win 8.6k so if it works 60% of the time as a pure bluff, he can 3 bet any two cards profitably (even if you never flat and he never wins post flop). And in this example, you're actually folding 85% of the time.

This would change near the bubble but it's too far off for ICM to be a significant consideration.
                                My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Don't listen to Doke, he knows nothing about sats.

Comment

Working...
                                  X