Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Big Fish to Killer Whale

Hey Guys,

This is my new blog where I will be updating how I am getting with the coaching for profits on BPC. Also I have set up a youtube page where you can see my videos and I will post how I am doing etc. I will be playing nl50 heads up cash and hopefully moving up the ranks as fast as I can!!!

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world
    Last edited by fordey; 18-01-15, 18:21.

Originally posted by fordey View Post
    Hey Guys,

This is my new blog where I will be updating how I am getting with the coaching for profits on BPC. Also I have set up a youtube page where you can see my videos and I will post how I am doing etc. I will be playing nl50 heads up cash and hopefully moving up the ranks as fast as I can!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDm...2ukZpupGp-fALQ
    its blank nothing there cant get anything to work

Comment

Originally posted by corkie123 View Post
      its blank nothing there cant get anything to work
      Confirmed busto!

Comment

you mean the link, I havent put up anything yet in youtube channell will have an update this week

Comment

Hey whats up guys, so I am now on the road to heads up killer!! Had an intro meeting with my coach and then got to playing some games. At the moment I am playing to fast and not thinking enough about what I’m doing, its like I’m go into auto pilot. I need to take even more time post flop before I make a play, this is a bad habit that I need to fix.

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

Comment

Why did you put up another link to your empty channel?

Comment

Prety shit day yesterday hit my stop loss for the day so had to stop. Lost big pot with 10 high flush against A high flush which having to spoke to coach shouldnt have called. Least the stop loss will prevent me from tilting as I have been prone to really bad tilting. Played ok this morning but then afternoon went pear shaped. Anyway onwards and upwards.

Check out my youtube page https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDm...upGp-fALQ/feed

Comment

Prety shit day yesterday hit my stop loss for the day so had to stop. Lost big pot with 10 high flush against A high flush which having to spoke to coach shouldnt have called. Least the stop loss will prevent me from tilting as I have been prone to really bad tilting. Played ok this morning but then afternoon went pear shaped. Anyway onwards and upwards.

Check out my youtube page https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDm...upGp-fALQ/feed
                What was the hand?

Why move up to 50nl after only 1000 hands at 20nl? After ~800 hands, you were in the red so not sure why. I know you said you were starting at 50nl, but there's quite a difference in standard of play between these 2 levels so many stick with 20nl until you're beating it over a bigger sample first imo

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                  Why move up to 50nl after only 1000 hands at 20nl? After ~800 hands, you were in the red so not sure why. I know you said you were starting at 50nl, but there's quite a difference in standard of play between these 2 levels so many stick with 20nl until you're beating it over a bigger sample first imo
                  For the thrill of it?

Comment

Staying on nl 4 for time been until I get used to standard lines etc, bit different than husng hypers.

Comment

Staying on nl 4 for time been until I get used to standard lines etc, bit different than husng hypers.
                      You've gone from 50nl to 4nl? Ah JaySus man just give up the ghost.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
                          You've gone from 50nl to 4nl? Ah JaySus man just give up the ghost.
                          as part of the program i am on had to move down for now til learnt standard lines, sorry not on here alot

Comment

doing equity analysis as part of my daily session, this is something I never really do so if anyone has any tips on best way to train using it please let me know.

Comment

Since last post I have got some mental game coaching from Elliot Roe and my tilt issue has improved so much over last 3 weeks, I usually dont go more than few days without tilting but havent tilted in over two weeks now which is incredible for me. Still doing alot of hand reviews to help my thought process which is getting better each day.

Comment

Seems like a lot of effort is going in on your part anyway.
                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Made some mistakes this week by not game selecting wisely, ended up playing some regs which wasnt a good idea lol!!

Comment

didnt run to well today was well below EV but thats ok prefer to play well nad lose than play **** and gt lucky!!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

How would play this hand?

€0.50 NL (2 max) – Holdem – 2 players[/b]
                                        Hand converted by PokerTracker 4
                                        Hero (SB): 116.34 BB
                                        BB: 70.44 BB (VPIP: 62.50, PFR: 35.00, 3Bet Preflop: 25.00, Hands: 26)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 2 J

Hero raises to 2 BB, BB calls 1 BB

Flop: (4 BB, 2 players) 3 9 J
                                        BB checks, Hero bets 3 BB, BB calls 3 BB

Turn: (10 BB, 2 players) 2
                                        BB checks, Hero bets 8.5 BB, BB calls 8.5 BB

River: (27 BB, 2 players) Q
                                        BB bets 22 BB, Hero calls 22 BB

Notes:
                                        Donk 2.5 pot with TP
                                        called 2 streets and donks river big with KK

River play?
                                        I think its ok because of the notes I have, but flush and str8 get there and he could also have better 2P

Comment

Bet sizing flop, turn, river?

Hero (SB): 104.2 BB
                                          BB: 99.98 BB (VPIP: 41.67, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 66.67, Hands: 16)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A A

Hero raises to 3 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) K K 3
                                          BB bets 1 BB, Hero calls 1 BB

Turn: (8 BB, 2 players) K
                                          BB bets 6 BB, Hero raises to 14 BB, BB calls 8 BB

River: (36 BB, 2 players) J
                                          BB checks, Hero bets 24 BB, BB calls 24 BB

Villain folded when I 3x his donk once before.
                                          Bet sizing F,T,R?

Flop – I only called his donk as we have a great hand and he folded when I 3x’d him before so dont want him to fold
                                          Turn – I think if we raise small he will still call with some PP he might have maybe 3x,Ax (slim chance of Ax as we have 2), but now i think I should have raised more, if he has PP he will call anyway.
                                          River – Should have bet pot, villain will still call if he has PP

Comment

Turn play???

BB: 38.46 BB (VPIP: 97.92, PFR: 43.75, 3Bet Preflop: 14.29, Hands: 57)
                                            Hero (SB): 123.56 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K A

Hero raises to 4 BB, BB calls 3 BB

Flop: (8 BB, 2 players) 2 Q K
                                            BB checks, Hero bets 7 BB, BB calls 7 BB

Turn: (22 BB, 2 players) T
                                            BB checks, Hero bets 28 BB, fold

Did I overbet on turn?
                                            Villain has just little over pot size left, board is wet so I bet big, think he would have called with str8 draw, maybe FD,Qx worse K, If I bet smaller he might fold to blank on river,

Comment

overplayed hand?

Seat 1: Hero (€50 in chips)
                                              Seat 2: Villain (€51 in chips)
                                              villain: posts small blind €0.25
                                              hero: posts big blind €0.50
                                              *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                              Dealt to hero [2h Kh]
                                              villain: raises €1 to €1.50
                                              hero: calls €1
                                              *** FLOP *** [4d 6h 4h]
                                              hero: checks
                                              villain: bets €2.80
                                              hero: raises €3.70 to €6.50
                                              villain: raises €43 to €49.50 and is all-in
                                              hero: calls €42 and is all-in
                                              Uncalled bet (€1) returned to lapieuvre943
                                              *** TURN *** [4d 6h 4h] [Ks]
                                              *** RIVER *** [4d 6h 4h Ks] [5c]
                                              *** SHOW DOWN ***
                                              hero: shows [2h Kh] (two pair, Kings and Fours)
                                              villain: shows [Kd Kc] (a full house, Kings full of Fours)
                                              villain collected €98.50 from pot
                                              *** SUMMARY ***
                                              Total pot €100 | Rake €1.50
                                              Board [4d 6h 4h Ks 5c]
                                              Seat 1: hero (big blind) showed [2h Kh] and lost with two pair, Kings and Fours
                                              Seat 2: villain (button) (small blind) showed [Kd Kc] and won (€98.50) with a full house, Kings full of Fours

Comment

Seat 1: Hero (€50 in chips)
                                                Seat 2: Villain (€51 in chips)
                                                villain: posts small blind €0.25
                                                hero: posts big blind €0.50
                                                *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                Dealt to hero [2h Kh]
                                                villain: raises €1 to €1.50
                                                hero: calls €1
                                                *** FLOP *** [4d 6h 4h]
                                                hero: checks
                                                villain: bets €2.80
                                                hero: raises €3.70 to €6.50
                                                villain: raises €43 to €49.50 and is all-in
                                                hero: calls €42 and is all-in
                                                Uncalled bet (€1) returned to lapieuvre943
                                                *** TURN *** [4d 6h 4h] [Ks]
                                                *** RIVER *** [4d 6h 4h Ks] [5c]
                                                *** SHOW DOWN ***
                                                hero: shows [2h Kh] (two pair, Kings and Fours)
                                                villain: shows [Kd Kc] (a full house, Kings full of Fours)
                                                villain collected €98.50 from pot
                                                *** SUMMARY ***
                                                Total pot €100 | Rake €1.50
                                                Board [4d 6h 4h Ks 5c]
                                                Seat 1: hero (big blind) showed [2h Kh] and lost with two pair, Kings and Fours
                                                Seat 2: villain (button) (small blind) showed [Kd Kc] and won (€98.50) with a full house, Kings full of Fours

Just a tad.

Comment

€0.50 NL (2 max) - Holdem - 2 players[/b]

Hero (BB): 116.84 BB
                                                  SB: 169.92 BB (VPIP: 84.00, PFR: 44.00, 3Bet Preflop: 31.25, Hands: 52)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T 9

SB raises to 2 BB, Hero calls 1 BB

Flop: (4 BB, 2 players) 4:: 8:: J:
                                                  Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: (4 BB, 2 players) Q::
                                                  Hero bets 4 BB, SB raises to 8 BB, Hero raises to 21 BB, SB calls 13 BB

River: (46 BB, 2 players) 6::
                                                  Hero bets 41 BB, SB calls 41 BB

River bet sizing?
                                                  not sure if i should just shove, worse straight will call and maybe 2P
                                                  Last edited by fordey; 05-05-15, 10:20.

Comment

weekly graph

Think I should start doing weekly graphs, missed monday or volume would be higher.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Crushing ! Keep chasing that dream.

Comment

cheers, starting two tabling on thursday so should help with the volume but hope the results dont suffer!!! LAst time i tried two tabling i fucked it up but that was in hypers so more time in cash

Comment

Another week over, got more hands in this week with some good results except where I played bad on a Thursday evening which I lost a couple of buy ins, overall getting better though.

Comment

Been following this thread for a while now, you seem to be improving all the time! Keep up the good work.....!!

Comment

thanks gonna be honest it hasnt been easy, I had alot of bad habits and used to play hypers so was a while getting my head around cash games

Comment

last week graph

Graph for last week later than usual, nothing much to look at anyway, didnt play great. Should have more volume by end of this week and hopefully better results

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Hey guys another break even week, not happy with my play, I find that if I play all day then at night I start to loose concentration (especially when I play at 3.00 in the morning after grinding most of the day so need to get more organised again with my routine

Comment

my fuck up hand of the day!

Comment

Working...
                                                                    X