This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Summer of 1977 while being subjected to two weeks in a mobile home there, I trolled the absolute crap out of everyone else in that arcade.
    I used all the money at my disposal (mostly from pwning the pool table and the proceeds from a 2 year old my Uncle was racing that won a couple of times) to take full control of the juke box for more or less every hour the place was open to play on loop the only two tracks on it that weren't utter shite.

DISCLAIMER: The music belongs to its respective owners and is not owned by me in any way.Edit: Over 7,000 views?! How the hell did it jump that high?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z2M_hpoPwk
    Sounds like a productive summer

Comment

FU Aer Lingus and your delayed flight yet again. 11.30 departure my hole.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          The economic recovery has fcked us over. When Raoul was a housewife he was good for 20 posts a day. Similarly when ghostface's closest connection to town planning was an afternoon spent watching A Place in the Sun, he was good for another 10-15 posts a day.
          ehem
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
            now things to do for kids around wexford?
            No sea swimming!

A “swimming ban” has been temporarily applied to four beaches in County Wexford after recent water samples showed high levels of E. coli. Prohibitive warning...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              What omg noooooooo!!! thats the whole point of going like

Culletons gap in Curracloe, is that just a certain part? could one swim elsewhere on the beach
              Last edited by SatNav; 09-07-14, 11:53.
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by shortstack View Post
                Slummed it in the main camping area with MrPillowTalk, Gholimoli and some non poker playing friends. Was my second time there and camping facilities definitely better than most places. Might consider the VIP hotel next time - how long was the coach trip? Any craic to be had back at the hotel?

Pearl Jam and Robert Plant were my two favourite sets also. Was my first time seeing Metallica even though been a fan from the beginning, this might of made it seem better to me for nostalgia reasons. They only matched Pearl Jam on their big tracks whereas Pearl Jam were consistently amazing throughout. Royal Blood were my top "new act". Artic Monkeys phoned it in and Black Keys were a little disappointing but it was hammering it down during their set. Kings Of Leon also put in a good show, better than the last time I saw them there.

The clash with Pixies was annoying. As was the fact you could only get one type of beer, coke and water at most of the regular bars. We found a wine bar & jack daniels/mojito bar but too far from stages to use while watching acts.

Still a great festival - probably only going to bettered by the one we are running in a few weeks
                About 30-45 mins to and from the hotel each day, which was fine. Left the hotel at 12 noon each day and the coaches were due to leave the festival each night about 15 mins after the last act on the main stage finished. Not much craic back in the hotel, due to to everyone being shattered at the end of the night, was very nice to pull the blackout blinds, hit a comfortable bed and get up to a big breakfast each morning though!

In retrospect the hotel part of the package is only equal to VIP terrace access in terms of the value I'd place on them, I can't overstate how much that was worth to us in terms of comfort and enjoyment. It was just to the left of the main stage, immediately behind the big red radio station building, so from sitting in a deckchair with a cocktail in your hands you could be in the pit within a few minutes, no messing

Yeah, was a bit disappointed with the Black Keys, as I'm a fan. Some of the earlier acts were great, had never heard of Reignwolf or The Temperance Movement before but really enjoyed both.

To help me remember who I saw in years to come, I might as well get a list together - saw full sets for the following:

Dropkick Murphys, Bombay Bicycle Club, Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters, Metallica, The Strypes, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Eels, The Temperance Movement, Kodaline, Haim, Biffy Clyro, The Black Keys, Pearl Jam, Angus and Julia Stone, Foals and Kings of Leon.

Caught some of the set for:

Placebo, London Grammer, The 1975, George Ezra, Jack Johnson, Paolo Nutini, Arctic Monkeys, Reignwolf, Babyshambles, Birdy and Lykke Li.

Missed a good few I would have liked to have seen, but was too tired/inconvenienced for a few - that's my age showing obviously! Had definitely planned to see Interpol on the last night but was a bit muddy after the rainfall so we took the lazy option of staying in the terrace.

Thought I saw MrPillowTalk in the airport on the way home, but didn't see yourself or Gholi at all. Where are ye going next?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                  Slow site response = new thread
                  Thought we were leaving it until after the World Cup, you made me look like a fool.

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                  I think we should make fancy trousers either change his username to something less misleading or change his real name to something more exotic.
                  May go for a Duckula name change when I meander my way to 10K posts.

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                  Go forth and conquer lads. Front page glory!!!
                  Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                  While the lurk element stays consistent the posts per day is in a serious decline

The economic recovery has fcked us over. When Raoul was a housewife he was good for 20 posts a day. Similarly when ghostface's closest connection to town planning was an afternoon spent watching A Place in the Sun, he was good for another 10-15 posts a day.
                  The silly craze of multiquoting is keeping the post count down also.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberpoker View Post
                    You can get 25m coil of 1/2 inch copper in heatmerchants for about E80
                    Cheers, yeah I was on to them already. They quoted €12.50 for 5m of 8mm so guessed it was straight.

Could I force one end up without a bender?
                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Some dynamite pre game analysis here

Comment

What omg noooooooo!!! thats the whole point of going like

Culletons gap in Curracloe, is that just a certain part? could one swim elsewhere on the beach
                        Yes you'll be grand on the main beach

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                          Metallica... did this 'vote by text on our final song' thing which was a bit lame and seemed like a bit of a money grab.
                          !
                          A bit
                          What a shower of chancers.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

soccer as viewed by americans

Comment

NEW BBV help!

I am going away with my friend and her kid and Mia from this Sunday till Wed. Would anyone know of anywhere nice near a beach pref wexford/Waterford. home or mobile. Budget of 200 or less if possible?? I wouldnt know where to start looking
                              Find Holiday Homes for Rent in Waterford (County). Search 0 Ardmore for rent on Daft.ie now.

I personally have always had a soft spot for Ardmore.

- You have so many beaches in the area to explore.

- Youghal is under 10 minutes away and Dungarvan 20 minutes. The two towns have fantastic restaurants that suit all budgets.

- You could easily take a trip to Fota Island (35 mins) or Cobh

- Youghal has a pretty decent Swimming pool that suits kids if the weather is shit

I know the area pretty well and if it is of any interest to you I can probably give you a guide on how good/bad a location is if you see a house that is of interest. It would be about 1h 30/45 from Portlaoise. You would exit the M8 at Cahir and take a scenic drive over the Vee and Lismore if you wanted.
                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                http://www.daft.ie/holiday-homes/waterford/ardmore/

I personally have always had a soft spot for Ardmore.

- You have so many beaches in the area to explore.

- Youghal is under 10 minutes away and Dungarvan 20 minutes. The two towns have fantastic restaurants that suit all budgets.

- You could easily take a trip to Fota Island (35 mins) or Cobh

- Youghal has a pretty decent Swimming pool that suits kids if the weather is shit

I know the area pretty well and if it is of any interest to you I can probably give you a guide on how good/bad a location is if you see a house that is of interest. It would be about 1h 30/45 from Portlaoise. You would exit the M8 at Cahir and take a scenic drive over the Vee and Lismore if you wanted.
                                Have Curracloe booked now but thanks a mil anyway. Might try that another time
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                  Cheers, yeah I was on to them already. They quoted €12.50 for 5m of 8mm so guessed it was straight.

I've only ever used 8mm in flexi copper which is easily bent by hand.
                                  8mm is very light your link showed 3/8 which would be closer to 1/2 inch which is a good bit heavier.

Comment

Poor Dunnes Stores.

I see The Roisin Dubh were doing a Semi-Final promo last night similar to Hatedajacks one. Every German goal scored & Erdinger dropped by 50c a Pint (Started at €4). Wonder what would have happened if Germany scored an eight? Nine and they might have paid you to drink
                                    Last edited by Dice75; 09-07-14, 12:57.

Comment

http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/...na-635819.html

Pretty ironic, but it looks like he will actually "survive" so I guess that's ok.

Comment

Wasn't particularly impressed with Metallica, had been pretty excited but the crowd wasn't up for it at all, plus they did this 'vote by text on our final song' thing which was a bit lame and seemed like a bit of a money grab.

Already half thinking about going again in 2015 Will defo do a hotel package again if so, too old to go without some comforts for a full weekend!
                                        I suspect that seeing them at a festival doesn't do them justice...plus you need to be right up the front and feel the pyrotechnics for proper experience!

Was it a premium number? Their current tour is by request, the ticket holders vote online free for what songs they want; surprising to see them try and milk it like that.

Comment

Wtf are you up to? Can I be involved?

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                            Wtf are you up to? Can I be involved?
                                            If you want yeah, why buy beer when you can make it yourself? Feckers charging roughly €5 a pint from the off license these days(US beer).

Anyway it's just one of these, €60 to buy in the shops

One of the best ways to improve the quality of your homebrewed beer is to rapid chill the wort to yeast-pitching temperatures. In this video, Northern Brewer...

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                              not sure who highlighted it but I had brekkie in Bother Hubbards this morning. Exceedingly hipsterish and I felt a little out of place without a beard but little doubt it has a good thing going on.
                                              Had a very similar experience. Fantastic food, repressively judgemental atmosphere.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hardy men on bikes coming up on Eurosport. 7 sections of cobbles in pissing rain. Crashes, punctures and a few broken bones ahoy

Plenty of this....

Last edited by Dice75; 09-07-14, 13:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                  not sure who highlighted it but I had brekkie in Bother Hubbards this morning. Exceedingly hipsterish and I felt a little out of place without a beard but little doubt it has a good thing going on.
                                                  Can't think of what devilishly handsome hipster with a beard would recommend such a place.

Comment

They haven't even hit the cobbles yet and are falling all over the place

Comment

They haven't even hit the cobbles yet and are falling all over the place
                                                      Yeah, Froome off yesterday & today already. Another bad one on the cobbles and he could retire

Edit - down again!

edit 2 - gonzo b4 the cobbles
                                                      Last edited by Dice75; 09-07-14, 13:43.

Comment

Just had a chugger at the door, felt sorry for that guy, it must be the nut worst job.

Comment

If you want yeah, why buy beer when you can make it yourself? Feckers charging roughly €5 a pint from the off license these days(US beer).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW0MbZPfmiQ
                                                          Make it Poitin and Im in

Comment

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

About 30-45 mins to and from the hotel each day, which was fine. Left the hotel at 12 noon each day and the coaches were due to leave the festival each night about 15 mins after the last act on the main stage finished. Not much craic back in the hotel, due to to everyone being shattered at the end of the night, was very nice to pull the blackout blinds, hit a comfortable bed and get up to a big breakfast each morning though!

In retrospect the hotel part of the package is only equal to VIP terrace access in terms of the value I'd place on them, I can't overstate how much that was worth to us in terms of comfort and enjoyment. It was just to the left of the main stage, immediately behind the big red radio station building, so from sitting in a deckchair with a cocktail in your hands you could be in the pit within a few minutes, no messing

Yeah, was a bit disappointed with the Black Keys, as I'm a fan. Some of the earlier acts were great, had never heard of Reignwolf or The Temperance Movement before but really enjoyed both.

To help me remember who I saw in years to come, I might as well get a list together - saw full sets for the following:

Dropkick Murphys, Bombay Bicycle Club, Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters, Metallica, The Strypes, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Eels, The Temperance Movement, Kodaline, Haim, Biffy Clyro, The Black Keys, Pearl Jam, Angus and Julia Stone, Foals and Kings of Leon.

Caught some of the set for:

Placebo, London Grammer, The 1975, George Ezra, Jack Johnson, Paolo Nutini, Arctic Monkeys, Reignwolf, Babyshambles, Birdy and Lykke Li.

Missed a good few I would have liked to have seen, but was too tired/inconvenienced for a few - that's my age showing obviously! Had definitely planned to see Interpol on the last night but was a bit muddy after the rainfall so we took the lazy option of staying in the terrace.

Thought I saw MrPillowTalk in the airport on the way home, but didn't see yourself or Gholi at all. Where are ye going next?
                                                              Mmm maybe if you could just by the VIP terrace separately would be better. Most nights we spent a good few hours in the after party area where they served food & drink until 4am.

We were queuing for wristbands when Dropkick Murphy's started but could hear it ok and saw the second half of their set. One of my favourite bands and going to see them tonight in Bristol. I live in UK now which is why I wasn't in airport - I drove over. Gholi flew in from Iran and went to Malta straight from gig

Temperance Movement are good but we didn't get there early enough the day they were playing, same for Reignwolf.

The 1975, White Lies, Kodaline and Biffy Clyro I wouldn't have much time for when they come on the radio but enjoyed them all live. Wasn't impress by Rodrigo y Gabriela on the Glastonbury coverage but they were great in the flesh. Damon Albarn was good to chill out to, we just sat outside the tent for that one.

Festivals I tend to find the best experience is away from the front as the show is set up to be taken in as a whole and the atmosphere is still great - plus the bar is in easy reach I thought Metallica's stage show was the best by a mile. At an indoor gig I would usually be somewhere near the front.

Next festival will be the one I am organising in August. Completely different vibe and just slightly smaller at an official 500 capacity but got 35 great acts playing a variety of genres - Ska, Celtic Punk, Folk, Comedy, Scrumpy & Western and Reggae. www.outciderfestival.co.uk If any IPB'ers want to come over then I'll stick you on the guest list.
                                                              sigpic
                                                              www.d4events.com

Comment

How I imagine the eclectic mix at rock werchter

I do not own the video or audio rights used in this.Vanessa Carlton is the girl in the video.Whomever she is signed with owns the rights.And Never See Tomorr...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                  How I imagine the eclectic mix at rock werchter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBcjV9StLHM
                                                                  The last time I was there Iron Maiden played the official headline Sunday set and then were followed on stage by The Black Eyed Peas for a "Closing the festival" set

Mad Belgians
                                                                  sigpic
                                                                  www.d4events.com

Comment

Haha, pity it wasn't followed by our man Garth.

Have a game on me

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      Hardy men on bikes coming up on Eurosport. 7 sections of cobbles in pissing rain. Crashes, punctures and a few broken bones ahoy
                                                                      makes for good viewing

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        Was it a premium number? Their current tour is by request, the ticket holders vote online free for what songs they want; surprising to see them try and milk it like that.
                                                                        Hmm, not sure if it was a premium number, but you definitely had to pay, saw the small print on the bottom of the screen whenever they pushed it (a few times before/during their set). Yep, I knew that all the rest of their set had been chosen in advance by fans, which is cool - it's just that one 'text your choice!' bit that felt somewhat off.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

"We're not meant to meet outside the lodge"

Comment

#98
                                                                              IPB night in Mcgowans later? Free drink for every Dutch goal
                                                                              Last edited by Hatedajacks; 09-07-14, 14:58.

Comment

#99
                                                                                .
                                                                                Last edited by tipp86; 09-07-14, 15:08.
                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                  I am going out playing golf with 2 individuals who have never played before. They have played P&P and have experienced the driving range. One of them is naturally talented at all sports and I know he will perform to a half decent level. My own skill level is about +2 on average per hole as I play 3 to 4 times a year.

I know one of them will want to bet so would the following be fair

Give them 30 shots over 12 holes and they cant go any more than +3 on any hole? The money will be very small but it is more so to keep the thing some bit competitive throughout.
                                                                                  What you mean they can't go over + 3 on any hole?

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                                                    IPB night in Mcgowans later? Free drink for every Dutch goal
                                                                                    I live 30 seconds away, oh yesss, enough time to run in for a pint at appropriate times

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                      I live 30 seconds away, oh yesss, enough time to run in for a pint at appropriate times
                                                                                      U have to be stamped in pre 850 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                                                                        You mean it's kinda like kissing your sister, it seems the same but you just know it's not right
                                                                                        This is not Wexford, Walter, there are rules.
                                                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                                                          What you mean they can't go over + 3 on any hole?
                                                                                          Give them a handicap of 36 and play stableford and you play off 18. So 1 shot for you and 2 for them per hole
                                                                                          Last edited by elbows; 09-07-14, 15:22.
                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

If you were Scolari, would you rather have been eliminated in the group stage or the semi-final in the manner which they were? If the latter, what about being eliminated on penalties vs Chile? Or would you always just rather go as far as you can regardless of how you're eliminated.
                                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                              If you were Scolari, would you rather have been eliminated in the group stage or the semi-final in the manner which they were? If the latter, what about being eliminated on penalties vs Chile? Or would you always just rather go as far as you can regardless of how you're eliminated.
                                                                                              Semi obviously, still got the 3rd-4th playoff to get some redemption

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW0MbZPfmiQ
                                                                                                Just watched the video go to your local plumbing store and get 10mm oil line.
                                                                                                A lot of places will cut it to the length you need without having to buy a whole roll.
                                                                                                1/2 pipe probably a little heavy for what you want and 10mm will give you a larger surface area and quicker cooling than 8mm.
                                                                                                You can then get a couple of 10mm to 1/2 inch fittings to suit your hose.
                                                                                                Some shops have only coated flexible copper but that can be easily stripped.

(You should try growing your own copper)

Comment

Semi obviously, still got the 3rd-4th playoff to get some redemption
                                                                                                  Am I right in assuming that the consensus is that for all to be right and proper with the world Argies need to win tonight.
                                                                                                  And that a Netherlands v Germany final would only be a marginally less awful prospect than a Brazil Argentina playoff
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Am I right in assuming that the consensus is that for all to be right and proper with the world Argies need to win tonight.
                                                                                                    And that a Netherlands v Germany final would only be a marginally less awful prospect than a Brazil Argentina playoff
                                                                                                    Brazilians hate the Argentinians so I would prefer them to be in the playoff.

Comment

Just watched the video go to your local plumbing store and get 10mm oil line.
                                                                                                      A lot of places will cut it to the length you need without having to buy a whole roll.
                                                                                                      1/2 pipe probably a little heavy for what you want and 10mm will give you a larger surface area and quicker cooling than 8mm.
                                                                                                      You can then get a couple of 10mm to 1/2 inch fittings to suit your hose.
                                                                                                      Some shops have only coated flexible copper but that can be easily stripped.

Oil line, is that the same as saying flexible copper? I'll be copying this cowboy as it doesn't need to look pretty, just effective.

Create a custom wort chiller AND save money with a few items from a hardware store and 15 minutes.**UPDATE VIDEO HERE: https://youtu.be/qnY1uz77Mww***I have ...

Comment

I really want a Netherlands v Germany final and a Brazil v Argentina play off.

Comment

Oil line, is that the same as saying flexible copper? I'll be copying this cowboy as it doesn't need to look pretty, just effective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8xRGYnwEt8
                                                                                                          Yeah same thing only with a plastic coating which you would have to strip.
                                                                                                          A lot of hardwares will only stock this not the bare copper again it just depends on the hardware

Comment

Any of you interested in eSports, there's a newbie stream for the Dota2 International here:

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Where the guys are explaining what's going on in an accessible manner.
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Oh shit! Tell lazare to go fuck himself you'll love it.
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

<<<<<

'twas good craic but the Secret Service aren't big on jokes. Back at base now.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                  .

The silly craze of multiquoting is keeping the post count down also.
                                                                                                                  I will fight the good fight aj.
                                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

http://www.rte.ie/ten RTÉ TEN's Alan Corr talks to people in Dublin to find out their views on the cancellation of Garth Brooks' Croke Park concerts.

Let's buy the Bord Gais Energy Theater.

Seems a snip at 20 million: http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2014...-gais-theatre/

Edit: I see the price guide is 'over 20m', have to imagine it will go for more...

Comment

No way...

Comment

Yea, I can't believe he signs off 'g' either.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                          Yea, I can't believe he signs off 'g' either.
                                                                                                                          Might take that up, C.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X