Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough(?) spot in sunday warm up sat

Hi folks,
    Newbie here and curious to hear opinions on this call in sunday warm-up satty.
    I'm in bb, 5th in chips. 24 players left and 16 places up for grabs. Player in co (7 handed) shoves 7bb, half my stack. I've AKo...Call? or easy fold?? Any thoughts welcome. Thanks.

(P.S. Trying to acquaint myself with proper handshare software...What's the accepted/regular format round these here parts??)

For Stars I just use their Boomplayer.

Without all the info (i.e stacksizes elsewhere), the fact you are 5th in chips with 14bbs and the blinds almost through you, I fold. There must be 6-8 sub 5bbs stacks out there?

I'm sure HJ or someone can do the maths

Comment

Thanks for heads-up dice. There was defo that amount of small stacks..In hindsight I think it was a bad call. A fold (and plenty more of em) almost guarantees me a place... I think the maths are pretty self evident. You live and you learn I guess...(His Q9o held up by the way).

Comment

Yeah this is a fold for me too, looks like you should be able to fold and qualify with ur stack. Calling and losing puts you a dangerous position. A lot of his shoving hands have decent equity here v AK. QQ+ to call for me.

You can copy ur hand history from pokerstars or holdem manager and convert it here then paste it back in ipb will make it a lot easier and you can edit to only show up to a certain point in a hand, which can be better for getting opinions on how a hand should be played
        The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
        MTT Calender 2015

Comment

not enough stack sizes etc, but given you said above that there are some 5bb stacks and more, i dont think I am even calling with QQ or KK so AA and only that. Given circumstances on stacks I may even fold the AA if were comfortable enough stackwise to more less guarantee a seat.
          take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

Comment

Thanks for advice folks. I put it down solely to lack of experience. This shoving/calling dynamic in a satty obv requires a bit more thought on my part...

Comment

always good to post anything your unsure of, as If you don't make the mistake and get advice we wont learn glgl
              take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

Comment

There's very little info but 5 of 24 with 16 tickets it's highly likely that you should fold and time down every hand (including AA). You're not playing for 1st place, you're playing for a share of it.

If you become short you can target shoving on stacks who are in the same position as you now, i.e stacks who are timing down and folding (generally big stacks but also bad players with below average / short stacks).

It's important to keep an eye on all stacks at this stage of a sat and work out who has a ticket locked up and who doesn't. Know your M, how quick the blinds levels rise and where the blinds are coming in relation to the small stacks at all tables.

Comment

Working...
                X