Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mocata View Post
    There are some other things you should do as well Lazare.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mic...-email-account
    Thanks for that. I've changed my password and will run a few of those checks too. Sick I got caught. Wouldn't mind but I did think the landing page looked a little off before entering my details. Kinda like a bad photocopy if you get what I mean.

Have also changed passwords on a bunch of sites linked to my email.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Interesting meeting with a certain controversial Chinese technology company today. Appears they want to throw obscene money at everything from basic materials chemistry research up to AI.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            Noticed he starting selling vegan white pudding in supervalu, it's class.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              D. Col or B. Coul? They're decent. That crowd are fundamentally a research centre that just happens to make a fcktonne of money.
              The first guy. Small world!

Comment

Masterchef returns on Monday at 9pm on BBC.

Looks to be on Mon/Wed/Fri each week.

Comment

Comment

Masterchef Australia has always been my favourite, about 60/70 episodes a season with some episodes being two hours long and the quality of cooks is miles ahead of the other versions. The US version being the worst I've seen, some of the cooks clearly grabbed off the street for Ramsey to scream at.

Comment

Mary's Lous speech in the Dail was a wonderful example of rousing the base while alienating the very people you are meant to form government with.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        Mary's Lous speech in the Dail was a wonderful example of rousing the base while alienating the very people you are meant to form government with.
                        Seems to me as though she may have achieved her objective then.

2nd election down to 5/4 now.

Comment

The first sentence here is pretty special. I mean, I know Sinn Fein are ropey on their history but this is just basic fact checking.
                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                            The first sentence here is pretty special. I mean, I know Sinn Fein are ropey on their history but this is just basic fact checking.
                            Would you not explain for the more dim witted among us (like me), how it's not technically correct?
                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                              Would you not explain for the more dim witted among us (like me), how it's not technically correct?
                              I might be slightly pedantic here... but WT Cosgrove (as predecessor to the office of Taoiseach) wasn't in either Fianna Fail or Fine Gael.

John A. Costello, also was voted Taoiseach and wasn't the leader of either Fine Gael or Fianna Fail.

I am just being picky for the craic...

Comment

John A. Costello, also was voted Taoiseach and wasn't the leader of either Fine Gael or Fianna Fail.

I am just being picky for the craic...
                                I just assumed John A was the leader of FG.

Comment

Comment

Sure he was always racist, but I don't listen to anything about him anymore and hadn't realised just how bad he was now.

Comment

I just assumed John A was the leader of FG.
                                      Nope.

Comment

Nope.
                                        Ah I know that now! Don't worry I have nothing to do with Sinn Feins Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                          Masterchef Australia has always been my favourite, about 60/70 episodes a season with some episodes being two hours long and the quality of cooks is miles ahead of the other versions. The US version being the worst I've seen, some of the cooks clearly grabbed off the street for Ramsey to scream at.
                                          The quality of cooking on the Australian one is leagues ahead. Pretty much any of the finalists could open a successful restaurant and many of them do tbf.
                                          But that’s all in the past now. The 3 judges left at the end of the last season, can’t see it being the same without them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                            The quality of cooking on the Australian one is leagues ahead. Pretty much any of the finalists could open a successful restaurant and many of them do tbf.
                                            But that’s all in the past now. The 3 judges left at the end of the last season, can’t see it being the same without them.
                                            Once I started watching the Australian version i couldn't watch the UK one, not in the same league. Didn't realise the three judges had left, im a few seasons behind,thats a pity.

Comment

When the following programmes are on our tellybox I usually disappear from the main cave area to a different part of the cave and draw pictures on the wall for future generations to muse over.

1. Masterchef and any other cooking programmes

2. Say Yes to the dress - I usually utter the words , mudderofgawd, not this shit agian

3. Cake Boss - A sigh does me here as I back away from the room rapidly

I’m not a big googlebox man but I can’t be in a room when those 3 programmes are on. It’s probably a condition I have similar to people who freak out when they hear food being chewed overzealously .

Oh yeah , MUSIC KING. Why not have a VIDEO version of it. I’d quite to like to see some amazing music Video I might have missed out on due to my bias against any particular music genre.

Comment

Come on Kayroo, you're slipping in your old age. The exact number of votes for Taoiseach that were cast in that election is zero...
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Comment

Might have said this before, but Locke and Key on Netflix is quite enjoyable in a nonsensical way.
                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Its no Zumbo's Just Desserts.
                                                        That one is dire. He makes good cakes though. If they were going nuts in Dublin for something as big standard as Krispy Kremes, there’d be murder over cronuts and the like

Comment

I quite like the US masterchef.
                                                          Sure it's formulaic but the cooking demos and challenges make it a more entertaining than the UK version.
                                                          Also it will always live in my heart having birthed this masterpiece
                                                          editing doesn't get tougher than thisGet in the back of the Patreon van - https://www.patreon.com/swedemason
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

^ was his whole role just to repeat a dumbed-down version of what the chefs said? No really got what he added.

Comment

Never gets old!

Comment

"try it some time"

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                  ^ was his whole role just to repeat a dumbed-down version of what the chefs said? No really got what he added.
                                                                  And innuendos. Is it his show or something or how did he end up there?

US version is a reality TV show more than a cookery show. Not really comparable. The professionals is where its at anyway
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    Just finished Bombshell, reasonable enough watch without ever really hitting top gear. The guy who plays Ailes is wonderfully creepy.
                                                                    Did you watch The Loudest Voice?

Ah, Presidents Day.

Nominate your favourite President. I vote Truman, with LBJ on a close second.
                                                                    I've not been on the site much lately but how are you finding the US presidential race?
                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

A monkey in the pot already, in the competition where two ponies gets you the chance to win big on horses. Which may or may not be donkeys.

Confused? Your sexuality is your own business.

Sign up for the Cheltenham Tipping Comp and let's show rounders what's what. Because frankly a year of him feeling like this is way too long.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I took a road trip out to El Paso the other day. The middle part of the drive through the permian basin( friday night lights area) is awful, oil wells are all that's there. Cannot drink the water and it smells foul at times. Go a little past that, and then you start getting into the desert area. The views of mountains, rock formations and cacti as the road sweeps along the wall and mexican border is something I didnt expect.

El Paso has a raised highway that twists and winds through the city, simialr to Genoa if anyone has been there, the rio grande river & valley ( neither are very big) off to the side, the shacks of juarez spill down the hill side towards the wall. I didnt see a single trump or confederate flag where as I came back through Austin and southwest of there the flags were everywhere.

I took some pics on my phone but not sure how to get them here, I assume it has to be thorugh imageshack or something

Comment

Was it Denny that went to Africa last year and saw the gorillas in uganda? Group i travel with looking at doing a 3-4 week trip next year. For those in the know the idea was either a namibia, botswana, South Africa jaunt or Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Mozambique itinerary.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                            Did you watch The Loudest Voice?
                                                                            no. Should I?

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                            I've not been on the site much lately but how are you finding the US presidential race?
                                                                            well, we're still a long way off the main event. I'm still convinced picking Sanders would be a mistake of historic proportion (up there with Hilary last time) - things will get very interesting on the Dem side in the next few weeks.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                I took a road trip out to El Paso the other day. The middle part of the drive through the permian basin( friday night lights area) is awful, oil wells are all that's there. Cannot drink the water and it smells foul at times. Go a little past that, and then you start getting into the desert area. The views of mountains, rock formations and cacti as the road sweeps along the wall and mexican border is something I didnt expect.

El Paso has a raised highway that twists and winds through the city, simialr to Genoa if anyone has been there, the rio grande river & valley ( neither are very big) off to the side, the shacks of juarez spill down the hill side towards the wall. I didnt see a single trump or confederate flag where as I came back through Austin and southwest of there the flags were everywhere.

I took some pics on my phone but not sure how to get them here, I assume it has to be thorugh imageshack or something
                                                                                imgur.com
                                                                                or https://imgbb.com/ is even easier

Comment

Really it's going to be awfully difficult to beat Trump. I think he's fucked up the economy something awful. Borrowing a trillion a year in a boom period, but all people seem to care about is the stock market. And that's doing phenomenal. So it probably needs to be Bloomberg. He has brilliant business credentials that put Trump to shame and he's moderate enough that he will win the middle ground, maybe. Saunders would be an epic fuck up as they will not just lose the presidency but also the two houses. As people will vote in Republican congressional candidates as insurance just in case Saunders gets the presidency.

All very odd, as Saunders is about as left as Leo is, yet he's counted as their extremist.
                                                                                  Warren should be the candidate, Bloomberg would set an absolutely devastating new normal in US politics, they need an Anti-Trump not a lightly more palatable one.

Comment

Warren should be the candidate, Bloomberg would set an absolutely devastating new normal in US politics, they need an Anti-Trump not a lightly more palatable one.
                                                                                    I think Warren gets trounced too.

East Coast liberal professor? That won't play in the mid-west.

Comment

Unfortunately none of the Democrats can beat Trump.

Bernie - the Democrats will do everything they can to stop him.
                                                                                      Bloomberg - was a punching bag the other day and will continue to be one. Does he have any redeeming features? Trump at least has jokes. He'll fall away.
                                                                                      Biden - he's not the oldest candidate but fuck me does he seem out of it most of the time.
                                                                                      Warren - performed the best in the last debate kicking Bloomberg, she's swinging back more centre and attacking Bernie now so just needs to tick along and get ahead of Biden/Bloomberg/Buttigieg and she'll get the nomination.
                                                                                      Buttigieg - as bland as bland can be but could get the nomination because of that.

From that group the nomination will come from Warren or Buttigieg. Going to punt Warren to be the Democratic candidate @ 22/1
                                                                                      Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 21-02-20, 17:24.

Comment

If Bloomberg gets it, the Democrats are basically the Republicans pre Trump

Comment

I think Warren gets trounced too.

East Coast liberal professor? That won't play in the mid-west.
                                                                                          Trump will absolutely trounce Warren. She is utterly triggered by him and will appear ridiculous to everyone but her base.
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Warren: The whole lying about her native background is a stink that will keep following her. Her persona won't play well in the midwest. Nothing genuine about her.

Biden: I think this would be a massive mistake. The dems can't play the corruption card and nominate this guy given the whole Hunter thing, while perhaps clean, look awful and hasn't really been answered. It will be open season for this issue in a presidential race.

Sanders: The frontrunner of the 'we need a change' theme. Has integrity. Will beat Trump on substance of argument alone in debates. I can't see past him (Im obv biased).

Buttgieg: Dark horse, none of the baggage of the other candidates. His sexuality, and age still align with the 'we need a change' theme that seems to be swelling in progressive dem circles.

Bloomberg: Don't know why we are taking this guy seriously. Awful performer. Awful background. Completely runs against the change mentality

What it will come down to is how the dems feel about whether the groundswell for change is real, and tangible, or not. If it is, I think Sanders wins. If its not, I fear we get Bloomberg or Biden.
                                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

All very odd, as Saunders is about as left as Leo is, yet he's counted as their extremist.
                                                                                              And you're going to keep on deliberately misspelling his name? My imaginary money is on Bloomberg to win bigly.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                What it will come down to is how the dems feel about whether the groundswell for change is real, and tangible, or not.
                                                                                                Where or how do you get the idea that there is a 'groundswell for change'?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                    Was it Denny that went to Africa last year and saw the gorillas in uganda? Group i travel with looking at doing a 3-4 week trip next year. For those in the know the idea was either a namibia, botswana, South Africa jaunt or Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Mozambique itinerary.
                                                                                                    Yeah. It's much cheaper than doing it in Rwanda. You can go on tours that are a couple of grand+. But I just got my own pass for $500 or so, and booked a place near it. I think just the permit is $1500 in Rwanda, and a big tour operator controls most of them.

Must get around to finishing that trip report.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 21-02-20, 18:31.

Comment

The issue is thinking this is all about change. Decent analysis otherwise. Why would Americans want change when their wages are rising at 3% a year and their 401ks are swelling. They want someone dependable and not likely to fck things up, not a revolution.

I think they need a revolution, but I don't think that's what they think. Hence Bloomberg making the most sense as a choice. He is the essence of 'don't fck this up, just make it less nazi-ish'.

Warren would drown an absolute death, maybe one of the biggest losses on record. Saunders probably the same. Biden would lose, but not by much. Buttigieg has the advantage of newness, but maybe that's too risky if the population don't want to change much. But Bloomberg has the wealth to actually get the message across.
                                                                                                      Agree, which is what I was trying to get across in the final piece. If the dems think it is about change, itll be Sanders. If it isn't it'll be billionaire or Biden as usual.

Sanders personifies the anti trump. In both political ideology, but also in terms of coherence, articulation of argument and well... just being a good human. Thats also 'change'.

There does seem to be, both proven (the blue wave) and in pop culture a movement towards a decent human, someone with integrity. Now, I am aware that my echo chamber of media, articles and sources prob contribute to me feeling this, and there is also proven (brexit, uk election, trump v1, impeachment) that the other side of this is obstinate, and unwilling to lose so... shrug.

But I really do think that anyone but Sanders will demoralize the democrat Sanders base into not voting, and letting Trump walk it.
                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Now, I am aware that my echo chamber of media, articles and sources prob contribute to me feeling this,
                                                                                                        It's nice that you say that. For the last while I've mostly been rereading Marx, And for the first time have come to see Lenin as a populist interpretation of what he was about. Had also forgotten how damn funny Marx was. Would like to read the pre Engels censored versions

Comment

Where or how do you get the idea that there is a 'groundswell for change'?
                                                                                                          Good question, uh... its a feeling?

Being in America's hat, in the same time zone, watching mostly American sports TV, reading mostly American media in terms of websites, social media, reddit, dealing with Americans daily from various parts of the country and hearing their thoughts.

Again I am fully aware that media in general in most left leaning, and that my media is particularly left leaning but the house going blue is somewhat corroborating.

It's purely anecdotal. It just feels like the Trump personality is grating on more and more Americans, those who would previously not comment, or get involved, seem to be now.

Comment

Sanders seems great. But is there an appetite for his views in America? Could only see Trump destroying him.
                                                                                                            In my limited knowledge I'd think he's the Republicans/Trump ideal opponent
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Think it's worth 10 mins from anyone to watch Balds last vid. What took Fidel 50 years could be achieved here in 3

🇨🇺 Most of us have access to the basic essentials in life. We take being able to use an ATM for granted, that the trains won't run out of petrol and be can...

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                Sanders seems great. But is there an appetite for his views in America?
                                                                                                                This is the crux. I think increasingly, some think not at all.

Could only see Trump destroying him.
                                                                                                                In my limited knowledge I'd think he's the Republicans/Trump ideal opponent
                                                                                                                I think Trump thinks this too. He's pushing for Bernie. Almost goading the dems into nominating Bernie. Recent tweets show this.

That said...

On the big stage, when the nation is listening for substance, and not sound bites and not derogatory jokes, Bernie will hammer Trump. I believe that.

Bernie is the only candidate that can show trump up for the fraud he is to the 20-30% swing voters that matter, and he will do it in with substantive arguments and integrity.

Comment

First film recommendation from Mia and have to say a brilliant watch. She read the book last year.

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Bernie is the only candidate that can show trump up for the fraud he is to the 20-30% swing voters that matter, and he will do it in with substantive arguments and integrity.
                                                                                                                    Should be the only aim for Dems really? With the system the way it feels like the Dems will do half of Trump's work for him.

Would really love to see someone like Sanders who so seems so much more good than bad succeed. The world would benefit
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Should be the only aim for Dems really? With the system the way it feels like the Dems will do half of Trump's work for him.

Would really love to see someone like Sanders who so seems so much more good than bad succeed. The world would benefit
                                                                                                                      For someone who claims to not have much knowledge...this is so spot on

Anyone but Sanders will get humiliated by Trump.

The difference between Bernie and Hillary is, Bernie has integrity, demonstrative integrity. Trump hammered Hillary on this alone, 'more of the same, drain the swamp'

The difference between Bernie and Warren is, Bernie is genuine, and has always been. Trump will hammer home the fake pocahontas stuff. Dead.

The difference between Bernie and Bloomberg is, Bernie is and always has been a platform for the 'working class'. Bloomberg will beat himself I think, so many skeletons, and we already know that one side cares more about this than the other. Open season.

The difference between Bernie and Buttgieg is, year and years of political nous and ability. I think this is interesting because I think Trump will be almost unable to abuse Buttgieg over his sexuality... and that might turn things. I think theres a couple grenades here but ultimately Trump will hammer on his inexperience and the risk of an inexperienced hand at the helm and win.

The difference between Bernie and Biden is conviction in his views, and open mindedness to change them. Biden has't got the wit, or ability to deal with trumps soundbites. That alone says enough. Sleepy Joe is already a lame duck.

Comment

I wonder if much of anything will come of Drew Harris's comments today.

In a 2015 report commissioned by the British government on the status of Irish terrorist groups, and which was written by the PSNI and MI5, it was stated the Provisional Army Council still existed, as did the Provisional IRA (PIRA), though in a smaller form and committed to the peace process.

The report further stated that the Provisional Army Council still strategically oversaw both the IRA and Sinn Féin.

Committed to the peace process but still pulling the strings.

Comment

Had also forgotten how damn funny Marx was

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X