2019 Multi Sport Competition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Multi Sport Competition.

Edit 20/01/19. Everyones initial selection as received on 10/01/19.

Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 20-01-19, 17:31. Reason: Initial selections

Rules and stuff.
    All initial selection to be made by 6pm on Thursday 10th January. (Handball starts that evening).
    PM your selections to me
    1. PSG
    2. Burnley
    3 Ghana etc
    Please be clear on names and if possible give first name & surname to avoid confusion.

Changes throughout year.
    3 changes can be made to events, up to 5 days before the start date of that event.
    Changes must be made by 21:59 5 days beforehand, I'll update exact deadlines for changes as we go along.
    Changes must be made on this thread, no editing or deleting changes once posted.
    Post something like 'Change Hurling from Galway to Clare' to do a change.
    Obviously events which are marked STARTED no changes will be allowed.

Official results on the End Date of each event will count, subsequent disqualifications don't count.
    Where an event has playoffs or a final following a league phase (e.g. Munster Hurling, Aussie Rules) then the results of the final are what matters.
    (Darts event is the exception to this rule as League Phase Only is specified).

If any events end in a tie for first or for places then relevant points will be split.

Any disagreements on events winners or points I'll ask 3 non-involved members of IPB to decide.

Entry Fee & Prize money.
    Entry €40. I'll come back with payment details in next few days.

If 7 or less entries, winner takes all.
    8+ entries then 80% for 1st and 20% for second.
    An unlikely 14+ entries then I'll make it 3 places.

Comment

Note Darts Premier League.
      Please look at scoring system for this event, the idea here is to get second, not first.
      List of players should be released on Tuesday after the Worlds final.

Some wiki links to help with research.
      A mix of links to the actual event, or previous renewals if maybe more relevant.

Soccer. 2019 Africa Cup of Nations. Qualification still ongoing.
      Soccer. 2019 Womens World Cup.
      Golf. 2017 Presidents Cup ROW team.
      Rugby. 2019 World Cup.
      Cricket. 2019 World Cup.
      Cricket. Last Years T20 Blast.
      Athletics. 4x100M Mens in London 2017 and Rio 2016.
      Tennis. Davis Cup 2019 new format.
      Cycling. 2018 TDF.
      Field Hockey. 2019 Mens Euros.
      Rugby League. 2018 edition.
      Aussie Rules. 2018 edition.
      Handball. 2019 World Cup.
      Volleyball. 2017 edition.
      Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 31-12-18, 00:09.

Comment

Inski, just shipped €40 to the same bank A/c as last year. Thanks again for doing this.

Comment

In.

Thanks AJ!

Comment

In

Comment

Inski. Will sort entries and payment over the next few days.
              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

...Looks class, definitely inski...

Comment

In too

Comment

AJ, for darts World championships, which one are you referring to, the BDO or PDC? Apparently there are two world championships
                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                      AJ, for darts World championships, which one are you referring to, the BDO or PDC? Apparently there are two world championships
                      The PDC one - Cross, Anderson, Wade etc.

Comment

Sent on there. Looking forward to another season of being totally wrong about the sports I watch and lucky in the ones I don’t.

Comment

decided to give this a try and hand over some free money

PM sent

Comment

Selections received from

limpwhacker.
                            pokerhand.
                            richieM.
                            shrapnel.

Comment

In please AJ - Picks sent and details requested

Comment

Heh, royal rumble got in again .

Inski, going to send the money now so I don't forget and answer them speedily so will send them soon enough.
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

In then. Will do payment and selections over next couple of days. Most likely Monday evening.

Comment

This looks great AJ. WP and count me in. I'll send in picks Tues or Weds.

Connie147
                                    https://twitter.com/MacauSporting
                                    https://www.facebook.com/Macau-Sport...F6ntdyItUsAp7E
                                    https://www.macausportingclub.com/

Comment

Answers sent. Suggestion for next time. Can you include the event number in the list as I got lost a few times.

Ta.

Comment

Selections received from

limpwhacker.
                                        pokerhand.
                                        richieM.
                                        shrapnel.
                                        bluezar.
                                        mdoug.
                                        5starpool.

Numbers looking good with 7 so far - I've about 3 selections left to do myself so that'll make 8 with four days left to get more in so we should easily get double figures.

Just to clarify that if anything happens to your selections in the next few days or you were taken by how good the Indy Colts looked last night you can pm me any changes you want to make until Thursday evening. So there's no penalty for being in early.

Comment

Count me in too. Have this half done, so will get it finished tonight/tomorrow.

Comment

Selections received from

limpwhacker.
                                            pokerhand.
                                            richieM.
                                            shrapnel.
                                            bluezar.
                                            mdoug.
                                            5starpool.
                                            luckforsome.
                                            KevIRL.
                                            ArmaniJeans.

Already beaten last years nine entries with 3 days to go.

Comment

You can count me in as well, two thirds of the way through and will forward final selections tomorrow night.

Comment

In!

Comment

Selections received from

limpwhacker.
                                                  pokerhand.
                                                  richieM.
                                                  shrapnel.
                                                  bluezar.
                                                  mdoug.
                                                  5starpool.
                                                  luckforsome.
                                                  KevIRL.
                                                  ArmaniJeans.
                                                  Flushdraw.
                                                  Bohsman.

12 in, still 32 hours for stragglers.

Will pm payment details over the next few days.

Comment

All sent, thats the most studying I did since my leaving cert, actually on second thoughts its far more that I did for my leaving!

Definitely spotted a couple of value bets that I will invest on outsde of this so definitely worthwhile.

Many thanks for running, orgainising etc.

Comment

Entry just PM'd there now. I don't remember spending that much time last year compiling the answers!

Comment

Selections received from

limpwhacker.
                                                        pokerhand.
                                                        richieM.
                                                        shrapnel.
                                                        bluezar.
                                                        mdoug.
                                                        5starpool.
                                                        luckforsome.
                                                        KevIRL.
                                                        ArmaniJeans.
                                                        Flushdraw.
                                                        Bohsman.
                                                        premierstone.
                                                        Strewelpeter.
                                                        Lao Lao.

15 entries. New entries (or changes to existing ones) accepted up to 5.30 pm Thursday.

Looks like we're going to need a bigger spreadsheet.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                          Rules and stuff.
                                                          If 7 or less entries, winner takes all.
                                                          8+ entries then 80% for 1st and 20% for second.
                                                          An unlikely 14+ entries then I'll make it 3 places.
                                                          ...Yeee of little faith with the unlikely part...

Comment

65/25/10 split?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                              65/25/10 split?
                                                              That seems good, would be €380, €160, €60 at the current 15 entries.
                                                              Will stick with that ratio (rounded) if we get any more entries.
                                                              (FD likes to rail against terrible payout structures so I'm sure he'll let us know if its flawed).

Comment

Top 2 Shirley if less than 20 entrants?

Comment

Thank KevIRLs post if you want Top 2 paid.
                                                                  Thank 5starpools post if you want Top 3 paid.

Comment

Thank KevIRLs post if you want Top 2 paid.
                                                                    Thank 5starpools post if you want Top 3 paid.
                                                                    Thought it was posted earlier 3 paid is more than 14. Never mind him stick with the plan !! That 60 quid has my name on it lol
                                                                    Last edited by limpwhacker; 10-01-19, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                      Top 2 Shirley if less than 20 entrants?
                                                                      Personally think to keep as many interested for the duration that 3 is better, also I have thanked this post in error on my phone and it won't let me undo it lol

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                        Personally think to keep as many interested for the duration that 3 is better, also I have thanked this post in error on my phone and it won't let me undo it lol
                                                                        Ive removed it there for you.

Comment

Cheers!

Comment

16 in with an entry from brady23 received.
                                                                            Think that might be it, connie a possibility.

Comment

#39
                                                                              That seems good, would be €380, €160, €60 at the current 15 entries.
                                                                              Will stick with that ratio (rounded) if we get any more entries.
                                                                              (FD likes to rail against terrible payout structures so I'm sure he'll let us know if its flawed).

Comment

#40
                                                                                Everyones initial selection.
                                                                                Please take five minutes to double check I have your list of selections correct from what you sent me. Obviously there was a huge lot of Ctrl C Ctrl V in operation, I double checked every entry but a mistake or three may well have sneaked through. Far easier/fairer to fix it now than in December.

@brady23. Give me an entry for Ashes Cricketeer Top Runs in the next 48 hours and I'll accept it without you having to use a change. Someone who plays for England or Australia, not India

I'll place these tables in the OP in a week times for easy reference.
                                                                                Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 11-01-19, 13:33. Reason: Brady23 selected Joe Root

Comment

#41
                                                                                  16 x €40 = €640 in pot.

1st. €400.
                                                                                  2nd. €170.
                                                                                  3rd €70.

Will PM bank details over the weekend.

*******

Every event looks 'live' in that there is more than one selection, though it took RichieM doing a solo-run on a few occasions.

*******

Handball will be the first event to finish, 27th of Jan. I thought Eurosport might pick it up but it doesn't seem to be on tv here at all.
                                                                                  wiki link to follow results. Edit : Just seen some matches are on Freesports with the Eir package.
                                                                                  Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 11-01-19, 14:32.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Not sure how I managed to but I reversed the Masters and US Open selections, should be Spieth for the Masters and Rory for the US open, no worries if its too late to change, was my mistake.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                      Not sure how I managed to but I reversed the Masters and US Open selections, should be Spieth for the Masters and Rory for the US open, no worries if its too late to change, was my mistake.
                                                                                      After some thought I'm gonna say No, and leave it as you entered it. It's a core part of the game to get your selections correct by the cut-off date and give yourself a runner in each event. And in this case you have.
                                                                                      Now I did point out to a few people that the Pittsburg Steelers were already out of the NFL, that Brazil weren't going to win the Euro volleyball, that Kohli wasn't going to do much in the Ashes. Someone else gave me 41 selections and was offset by 1 on nearly every answer and I corrected it. They were palps though.

Any disagreements on events winners or points I'll ask 3 non-involved members of IPB to decide.
                                                                                      Happy to swing it by my impartial judges, the esteemed trio of Mellor, DeadParrot and The Situation if you want and let them decide.
                                                                                      Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 12-01-19, 01:03.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Not at all mate, no worries as you rightly point out it was user error!!

Maybe it's the kind of dumb luck that might work in my favour!

Comment

#45
                                                                                          3 changes can be made to events, up to 5 days before the start date of that event.
                                                                                          Changes must be made by 21:59 5 days beforehand.
                                                                                          Changes must be made on this thread, no editing or deleting changes once posted.
                                                                                          Post something like 'Change Hurling from Galway to Clare' to do a change.

*********
                                                                                          Late January change deadlines.

Wrestling - Royal Rumble. Starts 27/01. Deadline for changes 22/01 21:59.
                                                                                          Rugby League - Superleague. Starts 31/01. Deadline for changes 26/01 21:59.
                                                                                          Rugby - 6 Nations Top Tryscorer. Starts 01/02. Deadline for changes 27/01 21:59.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            For the handball, everyone is on France, Germany, Denmark or Spain.

Played 7, won 7 for the collective so far.

Edit - Played 12, won 11

Germany dropped the ball, and only got a draw.
                                                                                            Last edited by Flushdraw; 15-01-19, 18:17.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                              For the handball, everyone is on France, Germany, Denmark or Spain.

Played 7, won 7 for the collective so far.

Edit - Played 12, won 11

Germany dropped the ball, and only got a draw.
                                                                                              another draw yesterday for France and Germany btw

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Seems to be a lot of poor teams in the first phase so it's a bit of doddle to qualify. But points do carry into second phase which is tougher with only top 2 (of 6) in each group qualifying for the semi-finals.

France, Germany and Spain are all going to be in the same group in the second phase so at lease one of them will definitely be eliminated early.
                                                                                                Denmark look to have the better of the draw in the next phase.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Seems to be a lot of poor teams in the first phase so it's a bit of doddle to qualify. But points do carry into second phase which is tougher with only top 2 (of 6) in each group qualifying for the semi-finals.

France, Germany and Spain are all going to be in the same group in the second phase so at lease one of them will definitely be eliminated early.
                                                                                                  Denmark look to have the better of the draw in the next phase.
                                                                                                  Tried to figure out the draw the other day, and i got completely lost!

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    16 x €40 = €640 in pot.

1st. €400.
                                                                                                    2nd. €170.
                                                                                                    3rd €70.

Will PM bank details over the weekend.

*******

Every event looks 'live' in that there is more than one selection, though it took RichieM doing a solo-run on a few occasions.

*******

Handball will be the first event to finish, 27th of Jan. I thought Eurosport might pick it up but it doesn't seem to be on tv here at all.
                                                                                                    wiki link to follow results. Edit : Just seen some matches are on Freesports with the Eir package.
                                                                                                    Handball matches are live on freesports channel looks like Denmark France and Germany in the semis
                                                                                                    Last edited by limpwhacker; 20-01-19, 21:30.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                                                                                      Handball matches are live on freesports channel looks like Denmark France and Germany in the semis
                                                                                                      France and Germany haven't played Croatia yet. so everything to play for still in that group. i know they lost to Brazil, but they're still a very good side

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Wow, a lot were on the wrong side of the Superbowl semis results last night.
                                                                                                        Last edited by pokerhand; 21-01-19, 10:43.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                          Wow, a lot were on the wrong side of the Superbowl semis results last night.
                                                                                                          yup, only 4 players left getting points

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                            yup, only 4 players left getting points
                                                                                                            Actually 5.

It's AJ, Lao Lao and PH v 5star and mdoug.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              22-21 win for Germany over Croatia puts Germany and France into Fridays handball semi-finals with a game to spare. Spain eliminated.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Second handball SF to be decided tonight.

Denmark are 4/4 with one game to, and could still go home!

From my calculations, Sweden need to beat Denmark by 4 points to send them home. (providing Norway also win)

Classification

1) A Sweden/Norway win puts all teams on 8 points
                                                                                                                2) The mini group of 3 teams will all have 1 win, 1 defeat
                                                                                                                3) At the moment it's Denmark +4, Sweden -3, Norway -1

So a 4 goal win for Sweden is the order of the day....i think!

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  Second handball SF to be decided tonight.

Denmark are 4/4 with one game to, and could still go home!

From my calculations, Sweden need to beat Denmark by 4 points to send them home. (providing Norway also win)

Classification

1) A Sweden/Norway win puts all teams on 8 points
                                                                                                                  2) The mini group of 3 teams will all have 1 win, 1 defeat
                                                                                                                  3) At the moment it's Denmark +4, Sweden -3, Norway -1

So a 4 goal win for Sweden is the order of the day....i think!
                                                                                                                  Not gonna happen... Danes were brutal against Egypt last match but will get it done when it matters ... Swedes need to win by 5 not 4 otherwise a goal difference of zero puts them through as norways goal difference is minus 1 lose by 5 and they both have minus 1 dunno what happens then

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Half time Denmark 13 Sweden 13 swedes led by 3 at one stage but level at the break
                                                                                                                    Last edited by limpwhacker; 23-01-19, 20:14.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Job done Denmark 30 Sweden 26

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Semi finals Denmark v France and Germany v Norway

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X