No announcement yet.

Golf Betting Thread 2014 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers its a indo bookie but I think they same rules done g maybin at 50s for small sweat.

Comment

This will be the 2nd year in a row this is finished after 2rds. The caveat is after 36 holes that all players must finish.

Comment

Anyone know of any sites that are good for reading stats/tips/insights into betting for the Masters?

Already giddy as a schoolgirl looking forward to it.

Comment

We gonna do the players sweep again this year? w/out McIlroy etc. . .

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
            We gonna do the players sweep again this year? w/out McIlroy etc. . .
            I am hoping Dice will do this again yeah.

Comment

Referenced this on the BBV the other day and here previously. A pal of mine Alan Crookes runs a competition for each of the majors, pick a team of 3 golfers with combined odds no greater than 200-1. Team with the lowest total wins. Its 10quid a team and gets lots of entries. Last years masters had a prizepool of over 3k with 1.7k up top. He also has a live leaderboard of teams throughout the tournament. To get on the mailing list fill out the form below...

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                Referenced this on the BBV the other day and here previously. A pal of mine Alan Crookes runs a competition for each of the majors, pick a team of 3 golfers with combined odds no greater than 200-1. Team with the lowest total wins. Its 10quid a team and gets lots of entries. Last years masters had a prizepool of over 3k with 1.7k up top. He also has a live leaderboard of teams throughout the tournament. To get on the mailing list fill out the form below...

http://alancrookes.us8.list-manage1....&id=49f0c03847
                I think you mean odds greater than 200/1 yeah. Will probably enter this only a tenner but do you know what bank he uses to lodge it to or are there other options. If late for a Bank2Bank.

Also is anyone ( DICE ) running one here?

Probably going with Stenson as a pre off bet this year. Will dabble in running. Maybe 6/1 about rory will look big come Sunday but im not overly tempted at these odds. PP doing a w/o mcilroy market too. Only ones doing this according to oddschecker

Comment

Mcilroy not showing the form to merit the 6/1, be mad to back that imo.

I'm on Dustin Johnson, Louis Oouesthusin, Kevin Na, Ian Poulter and you'd have to have a small one on Harrington
                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                    I think you mean odds greater than 200/1 yeah. Will probably enter this only a tenner but do you know what bank he uses to lodge it to or are there other options. If late for a Bank2Bank.

Also is anyone ( DICE ) running one here?

Probably going with Stenson as a pre off bet this year. Will dabble in running. Maybe 6/1 about rory will look big come Sunday but im not overly tempted at these odds. PP doing a w/o mcilroy market too. Only ones doing this according to oddschecker
                    Sorry, yep greater than 200/1. He uses AIB

Comment

Do the odds have to be greater than 200/1 or no greater than 200/1

Comment

Adam Scott (5 units)
                        Henrik Stenson (3 units)
                        Zach Johnson (1.5 units)
                        Geoff Ogilvy (1 unit)

Comment

I have Day (in my 4 major ew accum)
                          Walker, Holmes and Reed

Olazabal and Moore First round leader
                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                            Anyone know of any sites that are good for reading stats/tips/insights into betting for the Masters?

Already giddy as a schoolgirl looking forward to it.
                            If you're still looking Eoghan, this is a great resource, subscribe and you get an email every Tue for every event.

Stenson my main bet, also on Jimmy Walker and Ryan Palmer.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

My team for my fav tournament:

Snedeker
                              Walker
                              Na
                              Dubuisson

Comment

Reed @ 35/1 and Wiesberger @ 250/1

Comment

Reid, Holmes and Scott.

Hopefully I get a sweat out of them and dont have to top up again on Saturday!

Comment

Woods, Oosthuizen, Leishman and Weisberger

50s, 60s, 230s and 430s

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                      Woods, Oosthuizen, Leishman and Weisberger

50s, 60s, 230s and 430s
                                      Leishman withdrew

Comment

ALL IN on SPEITH to win by a few.

1st round leader, Stenson looks good value

Comment

Leishman withdrew
                                          Hmmm didn't see that cheers

Comment

Mcilroy 6-1
                                            Dustin Johnson ew 16-1
                                            Fowler ew 33-1
                                            Horschel ew 80-1

First Round leader, Kuchar 40-1

Comment

Casey at 66/1
                                              Woodland at 100/1
                                              Kuchar at 33/1

All ew

C Triangale 1st round leader 250/1 ew

good luck all.

Comment

just branden grace 150/1 ew

Comment

Speith 10/1
                                                  Walker 22/1
                                                  Blixt 150/1

Matias Dominguez top new comer 150/1 and top Amateur 7/1
                                                  Brandan Grace top SA 4/1

Round 1 leader
                                                  Stradler 150/1
                                                  Ryan Moore 66/1
                                                  B Watson 14/1

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    Wanna get this posted so I'm not accused of aftertiming on Sun.

Have Charley Hoffman e/w @ 250/1.

Hope he can keep this up.
                                                    too late he's 10 under you aftertiming guitar wanker.

Comment

After timing gituar wanker. Gfyl

Comment

Lol at aftertiming, he's a 10/1 shot now.

Comment

Lol, GFyizzerselfs

Comment

Just want to get this out there before Sunday and I'm accused of aftertiming I backed Speith at 1000/1 when he was 7 years old to win a masters.

Comment

Apologies lads, honestly didn't think I was AT, given it's a bricks and mortar bet that I can't lay.

AT never really bothered me, but I know to some of you it's akin to slaughtering penguins. So, sorry bout that.
                                                              Last edited by Lazare; 10-04-15, 20:17.

Comment

Just wanted to be able to sweat him in here on Sunday.

Comment

...I'm not sure how happy I am with my bets... Casey and Na are going well... Backed Schedeker instead of Schwartzel. Harrington win and each way which is gone, and I somehow did Woods to win outright instead of eachway...
                                                                  ...Although if Speith keeps this up then I'm playing for each way...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                    Just wanted to be able to sweat him in here on Sunday.
                                                                    Well I moved yer post to the BBV so should see a Hoffman implosion tomorrow
                                                                    Last edited by KevIRL; 10-04-15, 20:29.

Comment

Can anyone explain why the top debutant market on BF is so weirdly priced?

Guys on +6 @ 2.6 etc

Comment

Well I moved yer post to the BBV so should see a Hoffman implosion tomorrow
                                                                        Pwick.

Comment

Only slagging Conor. Aftertiming, slowrolling , neither bother me . I hate the cents who always have it .

Comment

Any of ye golf wizards picked out some value in China this week with Bubba skewing the market a bit?

Comment

Looking forward to bubba interview on China & it's people / culture, see can he outdo the time he came to France &"saw all the pictures in the pointy building n found the people very rude"
                                                                              Like a couple of the frenchys, Bourdy n wattel, & the young irish kid,phelan is hitting it well if he takes to the course.
                                                                              (i am running pretty shite with the old golf punting tho!!)

Comment

Dicey
                                                                                Pre turny I'd go for a couple of outsiders and then cash out when in profit. A couple of likely 1st round hgh fliers. Edouardo Molinari 66s on PP, probably more on betfair and Chris Wood . I'm doing the same with Matt Every in the RBC, not expecting either to win but I expect them to get me a few bobs. Bo Ning is 1000 to 1. Just like the name

Speith is 6s in the RBC, If it were Tiger in his heyday he would be 2s. I have to back the fecker now though as he is an ATM for me this year. Probably still drunk on miller light though (him not me)

Comment

Russell Knox my big fancy for the heritage, been in very good form and was in the Top 10 ten his only start on this course.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                    Any of ye golf wizards picked out some value in China this week with Bubba skewing the market a bit?
                                                                                    China Open

E Grillo for the win 33/1

Heritage golf

C Howell 111 ew 66/1
                                                                                    C Tringale ew 80/1

Comment

Little birdy told me Scott Hend at 100/1 is worth an EW punt for the Shenzhen International

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                        Dicey
                                                                                        Pre turny I'd go for a couple of outsiders and then cash out when in profit. A couple of likely 1st round hgh fliers. Edouardo Molinari 66s on PP meh, probably more on betfair and Chris Wood meh . I'm doing the same with Matt Every YEY in the j lead in the RBC, not expecting either to win but I expect them to get me a few bobs. Bo Ning is 1000 to 1. Just like the name

Speith is 6s in the RBC, If it were Tiger in his heyday he would be 2s. I have to back the fecker now though as he is an ATM for me this year. Probably still drunk on miller light though Confirmed drunk (him not me)
                                                                                        see bold for 1st round updates

Comment

matt kuchar is still good odds to take this. was 20/1 pre. not much of a closer but won this last year seems suit him. probably lose in play off or last few holes come sunday but can get out by then.

nice see speith didnt put a round together he is human and enjoyed himself after an epic win.

if your looking for a lad to come from deep lucas glover can nail this course too. but he is a liability on the greens.
                                                                                          Last edited by mugsy; 17-04-15, 00:43. Reason: ping ping

Comment

Speith confirmed Sober , NINE UNDER today Rory who ? Tigeresque these days (or Hoganesque as the experts say)

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                              Little birdy told me Scott Hend at 100/1 is worth an EW punt for the Shenzhen International
                                                                                              Sweat!

Edit - T2 with 3 to go and finished T15 ffs
                                                                                              Last edited by Flushdraw; 19-04-15, 09:13.

Comment

The guy leading the heritage is 4.1 going into today with a 3 stroke lead. Surely some juice in that

Comment

Good ol Miguel, building up for the fight later
                                                                                                  Bradleys caddie a cnut at the end
                                                                                                  A heated argument over a ruling between Keegan Bradley and Miguel Angel Jimenez marred the end of their match Friday afternoon at Harding Park, an almost unheard of occurrence in golf.

Comment

Anyone got working link to pga live@ wanna watch Rory cheers keith
                                                                                                    Last edited by tallamuner; 07-05-15, 13:06.

Comment

Going with zach johnson 50/1 ew

Comment

Mickelson, Holmes & furyk main bets

small speclutive e/w's on crane & van pelt also
                                                                                                        Last edited by underachievement; 07-05-15, 15:24.

Comment

backed Harrington and "cough" Westwood.

Also Jimmy Walker FRL
                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

they talk about the irish open having a super field but its a bit mah outside of a few big names. that said looking forward to it and a few bets down on some unsung lads.

stephen gallacher
                                                                                                            marcel seim
                                                                                                            alexander noren

will be my pre tee off selections.

Taking a pop at first round leader with mannasero too seen him shoot out a low score on day 1 often only to fade. Throw in ernie els for first round leader too might be in the mood at big odds.

Comment

they talk about the irish open having a super field but its a bit mah outside of a few big names. that said looking forward to it and a few bets down on some unsung lads.
                                                                                                              In terms of the Irish Open over the past 15 years, this is a very very good field.

Comment

kjeldsen for the bail out. not even seen him swing pure stats/odds based. id like podge win.

not seen fuck all of this wouldnt kill rte to do a highlights hour show in the evening. sky do but like after 12. rte sport just do everything wrong yes they have a shitty budget but dont use it. some dope from the den sports is now head of sports what a sad little organisation of back scratchers they are. probably ahead of tv3 which isnt saying much. jokebox

i can do this job on there budget and have a great spread of sport over the course of the year. you can ring fence the important shit on the eu list and fact is they waste some of that on sports nobody would be arsed out bidding on them. sky wont even bother renewing there gaa contract it hasnt worked.
                                                                                                                Last edited by mugsy; 30-05-15, 00:37.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                                  In terms of the Irish Open over the past 15 years, this is a very very good field.
                                                                                                                  throw away comment. name them? over this 15 year period u speak of.

Comment

Harrington all the way, hopefully, doubled him with Spieth

Comment

throw away comment. name them? over this 15 year period u speak of.
                                                                                                                      McIlroy, Fowler, Els, Garcia, Kaymer, Westwood, Donald, Dubuisson, Molinari.

That's as high-profile as it has been in years. I don't understand how you could question it.

Comment

Is it too early to have a punt on the US open? I don't see any bookies offering an incentives yet, or paying better than 1/4 odds top 5. Are we holding off for a week or so?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          Is it too early to have a punt on the US open? I don't see any bookies offering an incentives yet, or paying better than 1/4 odds top 5. Are we holding off for a week or so?
                                                                                                                          You'll get more places if you wait.
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X