Boxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing

Although I'm not a big fan of betting against Irish lads I'm being told Willie Casey has no chance in tomorrow night's fight and will be knocked out well inside the distance.

twitter
    moneybookers

Casey definitley should not have a chance in this one on paper if he can get close early and lay a hand on him you never know cordoba had him down in his last fight and nearly sneaked it at the end mainly due to Rigondeaux taking his eye of the ball. First 2-3 rounds crucial. Casey's style suits the pro game and rigondeaux is only in his 8th fight as a pro.
    I would not fancy Casey like yourself dont like backing against the Irish Lads either!

Comment

if casey can overwhelm him early and upset him he might have a chance, if he could chin him an early round and with the home crowd behind him its all to play for.

i cant see this going the distance and if it does casey will not win. this is not a paul hyland type lad he is boxing, this guy is a propper boxer with a world title.

although both only have about 20 pro fights between them, Rig is a hundred miles ahead of casey in experience.

as for a betting opportunity, I would stay well clear.

as irish boxing goes this is our best chance of a world title in the near future, andy lee was lucky last week with a late knock out as he was behind, paul mccloskey has no chance in his title fight vs Khan(bar a catching him cold slap).

Comment

Rigondeaux is patient and althogh hits hard with his counter punch his punch volume isnt high. I can see Rigondeaux on his bike in the early rounds especially if Casey comes at him like he did against Hyland.

Casey is honest to a fault and will be prepared to die trying and if doesnt expend to much energy and punch himself out i can see him getting to the end of 12rds for a brave points loss. Addy standing in against Rig at short notice and getting tothe end beaten on pts(8rd's) stands to this. Worse case scenario other thank getting KO'd or cut is if Casey starts spluttering, runs out of petrol and keeps to the same game plan Rigondeaux should take him out but if self preservation kicks in and he backs off and covers up to make it to the bell he should do it with a partisan crowd on his side.

I dont think we will see the best of Rigondeaux until hes out of Cork based manager Gary Hydes contract and under Freddie Roach.

Rigondeaux by pts/decision

Comment

Just pulled the trigger there.

Comment

wish all my tips would be like this
            twitter
            moneybookers

Comment

Most 5 to 1 on shots are precisely like this.

Comment

So much for a pts win. Bit of a Dunne/Kiko style anti climax.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

10/11
                  twitter
                  moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                    10/11
                    What was 10/11, Casey to get ko'ed? Groan if it was. Bet the straight win like a sucker

Comment

Yeah it was 10/11 to finish inside the distance and 1/3 for Rig to win.
                      These prices were available on Boyle last night however there were much better prices available weeks ago.
                      twitter
                      moneybookers

Comment

didnt know much about either boxer before the fight but when i saw casey step in to the ring and then the cuban i was struck by the sheer superiority of physique and strut between the two. i immediately feared the worst for casey and in fact i felt really sorry for him from start to finish. outrageous mismatch on every level.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                          in fairness 1/5 was huge value. if they were to box again 2moro i wouldnt back casey at 25/1

Comment

Some of my mate got on at 6/5....
                            twitter
                            moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                              Some of my mate got on at 6/5....
                              they're unlikely to have such a sweat free 6/5 bet again for a while. nice touch

Comment

Cleverly Fight

...Was Looking through the betting in this and a little confused...
                                Nathan Cleverly to win is 1/25
                                Nathan Cleverly to win round one is 5/6
                                Nathan Cleverly to win round 1-3 is 5/1

How do they work out that its odds on to win in 1st round, but 5/1to win in first 3 rounds...
                                I think its incredible value, cannot see it lasting long at all...
                                any opinions?

Comment

I'm not sure about this but just by glancing I think your picking them up wrong,

I'd be nearly certain its 5/1 for him to win rounds 1,2 & 3 not just one of those rounds

buth then again if you were back him @ 5/6 (1.83) each round for 3 rounds that adds to 6.12 rather than the 5/1 (6.0) their offering

Comment

..Don't think I am, but would like to be sure before betting on it...its on Paddy Power,
                                    Round Betting

Nathan Cleverly To Win in Round 1 5/6
                                    Nathan Cleverly To Win in Round 2 13/1
                                    Nathan Cleverly To Win in Round 3 12/1
                                    Nathan Cleverly To Win in Round 4 12/1
                                    Nathan Cleverly To Win in Round 5 9/1
                                    Nathan Cleverly To Win in Round 6 9/1 \\

Group Round Betting
                                    Nathan Cleverly Round 1-3 5/1
                                    Nathan Cleverly Round 4-6 3/1
                                    Nathan Cleverly Round 7-9 3/1
                                    Nathan Cleverly Round 10-12 5/1

even the under 9.5 rounds is 1/2
                                    im thinking maybe a mistype on the round 1 knockout, as everything else is sooo different...?
                                    cheers for reply, (hope im not spamming with this shite)

Comment

my bad you are correct just checked with live support, he need the KO in 1-3 so if it goes to the 4th its a losing bet

But definitly does look like great value!

Comment

I think Rd1 is so low as lots of people are punting on a Rd1 KO
                                        1-3 is prob about the right price, I think the fact that Rd 1 ia so low makes it look like better value

9 rounds or less is the value for me at 1/2

Comment

Cleverly is 15.0 to win rd 1 on betfair

I still think 1/3 inside 9 rounds is value, but I took him on BF at 1.4 (2/5) to win inside 12 rounds
                                          In a fit spontanuity, i put far too much of my roll on him

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                            Cleverly is 15.0 to win rd 1 on betfair

I still think 1/3 inside 9 rounds is value, but I took him on BF at 1.4 (2/5) to win inside 12 rounds
                                            In a fit spontanuity, i put far too much of my roll on him
                                            If you've too much on him, ill take whatever action you dont want. Quote before the off if you want, and pm the amount

Otherwise no bother and GL with it
                                            GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                              If you've too much on him, ill take whatever action you dont want. Quote before the off if you want, and pm the amount

Otherwise no bother and GL with it
                                              Sorry SB didn't see that post, I prob would of just taken the sweat tbh.
                                              Felt prett confident that he'd finish it and put my biggest betfair bet to date on him, then as soon as I did the sensible bankroll management side of me kicked it.

KO'd in the fourth. So happy today.

Comment

Anyone doing any bets on the weekend fights?
                                                What do people think of murrays chances against rees ?
                                                I see he's available at 9/4 for the win, also is froch on points against
                                                Johnson at4/5 an absolute banke?

Comment

Originally posted by briii1 View Post
                                                  Anyone doing any bets on the weekend fights?
                                                  What do people think of murrays chances against rees ?
                                                  I see he's available at 9/4 for the win, also is froch on points against
                                                  Johnson at4/5 an absolute banke?
                                                  I think Murray has his hands full tommorow night this is huge jump up in class, although with neither being a massive puncher it could well go the distance. Murray has a couple of inches in both reach and height so its a matter of him trying to keep rees on the outside and boxing the shorter man which most have found difficult with the little welshman.

The question being is Murray as good a boxer as his management think he is, he hasnt been troubled very much in his career to date and can he handle the jump up in class?

Im thinking Rees on points all day unfortunately with a brave Murray hearing the final bell..

Comment

Il probably just go for the Murray fight to go the distance, I was just looking at the prices as i remember when McCloskey beat Lines over in England he was a similar price, Think Rees being back down at lightweight suits him much better have not seen his last few fights and missed prizefighter.

Comment

Klitschko v Haye. Where do ye see the value?

Wladimir Klitschko by Decision or Technical Decision @ 4/1?

Both have high KO%s and suspect chins but I think their contrasting styles could prolong the fight at an easy pace and it will come down to the 12th to see if one can finish the other off. Klitschko should take the early rounds.

Tale of the Tape:

Wladimir Klitschko
                                                      Height: 6 feet 6
                                                      Reach: 81′
                                                      Stance: Orthodox
                                                      KO %: 84.48%

David Haye
                                                      Height: 6 feet 3
                                                      Reach: 78”
                                                      Stance: Orthodox
                                                      KO%: 88.46%

Other bets:

Over 7.5 Rounds @ 1.85

Wladimir Klitschko Round 12 @ 34

Wladimir Klitschko to be knocked down and win @ 8

Wladimir Klitschko by Decision or Technical Decision
                                                      Stake: 22% Returns: 110%

Over 7.5 Rounds
                                                      Stake: 55% Returns 101%

Wladimir Klitschko Round 12
                                                      Stake: 10% Returns 340%

Wladimir Klitschko to be knocked down and win
                                                      Stake: 13% Returns: 104%
                                                      Last edited by CheckRaise; 19-06-11, 14:28.

Comment

I think Haye has a real chace in this one, I think everyone is expecting Haye to come out and try and blow Klitck away early. I would not be surprised to see Haye try and stick and move and use his speed advantage and beat Klitscko on the run.
                                                        Haye's a great talker and has the skill to back it up, Booth is no fool either and i think they know there not going to bum rush him early. like everyone thinks is his only chance.
                                                        i hope its a good fight i'll look at the prices close to see whats available.
                                                        Il be leaning twoards a Haye win at 7/5

Comment

i can see him getting to the end of 12rds for a brave points loss. Addy standing in against Rig at short notice and getting tothe end beaten on pts(8rd's) stands to this.
                                                          watch movies online free

Comment

Casey is an honest mistake, and is prepared to die trying, if doesn't spend energy and intensity to show myself, I can see that he got the courage to point 12rds end losses. Adi stand against drilling in a short time and get tothe end point (8rd of) beating stands to reason that....
                                                            Buy RS Gold,Tera Money

Comment

Originally posted by briii1 View Post
                                                              I think Haye has a real chace in this one, I think everyone is expecting Haye to come out and try and blow Klitck away early. I would not be surprised to see Haye try and stick and move and use his speed advantage and beat Klitscko on the run.
                                                              Haye's a great talker and has the skill to back it up, Booth is no fool either and i think they know there not going to bum rush him early. like everyone thinks is his only chance.
                                                              i hope its a good fight i'll look at the prices close to see whats available.
                                                              Il be leaning twoards a Haye win at 7/5
                                                              i think ur right haye prob will stick and move as i dont think he will want to be close to a guy who has as high ko % and tbh im not sure if he has the chin to get stuck in . should be a great fight to watch but imo prob best stay away from the bookies and just spectate .

Comment

I keep looking at this match trying to price it up and the only thing that is a certainty from each of their records including winning distances against certain types of opponents is that this fight is unpredictable. It should be a great fight and I'm looking too hard for a bet.

Have given up trying to figure it out and will just enjoy it with one bet:

Wladimir Klitschko to be knocked down @ 2.62 (Paddy Power)
                                                                Last edited by CheckRaise; 30-06-11, 19:43.

Comment

I'm thinking haye has a massive chance here as wLad has been feeding on the likes of Samuel Peter and at best b level fighters which in my opinion has flattered him, haye will connect at some stage and I'm thinking booth will have a perfect gameplan as always, the 7/5 about haye has to be taken imo.

Have gone for the 7/5 haye to win as my main bet and like smaller bets on the group betting Haye 5-8 and 9-12.

I just feel that wlad won't have the luxury of standing behind his jab like he has against the usual plodding heavyweights. A lot of ifs and buts i know but the last time wlad went in against a fast handed heavy in sanders we all know what happened.

Comment

Haye's only chance of winning this fight is by KO so if you are having a bet on it you should back him for a stoppage win.

Personally I'm not betting on it because I can't see Wlad losing if he wants to win. If Haye won this though he is in line for a box office fight that would be bigger than anything seen since the Golden Boy fought Mayweather and against another Klitscho. A loss for Wlad would mean bigger earnings in one fight than the Klitscho brothers would make between them for the rest of their careers if Wlad wins.

Haye has fought nobody of worth. Valuev has ducked the Klitschos his whole career. They have fought better fighters but they want to make money now and the Peters fight was a bigger earner than fighting a good fighter like Chagaev. And Wlad has fought and beat Chagaev which was his only defeat to date.
                                                                    Last edited by eagle eye; 30-06-11, 19:50.
                                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                      Haye's only chance of winning this fight is by KO so if you are having a bet on it you should back him for a stoppage win.

Personally I'm not betting on it because I can't see Wlad losing if he wants to win. If Haye won this though he is in line for a box office fight that would be bigger than anything seen since the Golden Boy fought Mayweather and against another Klitscho. A loss for Wlad would mean bigger earnings in one fight than the Klitscho brothers would make between them for the rest of their careers if Wlad wins.
                                                                      How do you figure his only chance is a ko? He took vlauev on points and could realistically outbox wlad and wlad won't be able to jab and grab as much against Hayes movement.

Comment

^^ Cuz its in germany lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                                                          How do you figure his only chance is a ko? He took vlauev on points and could realistically outbox wlad and wlad won't be able to jab and grab as much against Hayes movement.
                                                                          There is no chance he could outbox Wlad. Wlad is the best boxing heavyweight in the world and by a mile. Wlad has been stopped three times in his career. Nobody has ever gotten close to beating him on points. He has stopped nearly all of his opponents and he has great power too but he wins most rounds that he fights. The reason for such a high knockout ratio is that his opponents go for it or tire because they are being owned round after round and he gets opportunities to finish fights.

He is the best boxing heavyweight since Lewis and one of the best boxing heavys of all time. He isn't a good scrapper but he doesn't need to do that, he has the jaw weakness too but he will never lose a fight over the distance.

Personally I think as an all round Vitaly is the best of the two of them but for pure boxing technique Wlad is miles ahead of anybody.

And actually lol, there is the Germany factor anyways if it went the distance as Insanodude mentions.

Edit: And Valuev is just a big oaf. He is clueless and has lived off handy fights for years. He wouldn't fight the Klitschkos and he wouldn't fight his compatriot Chagaev either. There is a huge lack of decent fighters in the division and he has never fought any of them. And Luiz has been a bum in fighting terms for years now, long, long before he fought Haye.
                                                                          Last edited by eagle eye; 30-06-11, 21:37.
                                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                            There is no chance he could outbox Wlad. Wlad is the best boxing heavyweight in the world and by a mile. Wlad has been stopped three times in his career. Nobody has ever gotten close to beating him on points. He has stopped nearly all of his opponents and he has great power too but he wins most rounds that he fights. The reason for such a high knockout ratio is that his opponents go for it or tire because they are being owned round after round and he gets opportunities to finish fights.

He is the best boxing heavyweight since Lewis and one of the best boxing heavys of all time. He isn't a good scrapper but he doesn't need to do that, he has the jaw weakness too but he will never lose a fight over the distance.

Personally I think as an all round Vitaly is the best of the two of them but for pure boxing technique Wlad is miles ahead of anybody.

And actually lol, there is the Germany factor anyways if it went the distance as Insanodude mentions.

Edit: And Valuev is just a big oaf. He is clueless and has lived off handy fights for years. He wouldn't fight the Klitschkos and he wouldn't fight his compatriot Chagaev either. There is a huge lack of decent fighters in the division and he has never fought any of them. And Luiz has been a bum in fighting terms for years now, long, long before he fought Haye.
                                                                            Some fair points but I think haye is head and shoulders technically than most of the heavies wlad has been smashing for the last while, and definitely the fastest wlad will have faced for quite sme time. No doubt wlad is the best boxing heavy for the last 5 years or more and it's a big ask for haye but it not madness to see haye box the big ukranian. Granted the Germany factor will play a big part in the judging also there are a lot of factors to consider but I don't think it's as clear cut as people seem to think and I have my money down on haye fwiw.

Can't argue with the valuev critique he is a freakshow.

Comment

#39
                                                                              What do you make of the 2 stone weight difference between the two, Is this going to be a big factor?
                                                                              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Vlad on points for me.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                  What do you make of the 2 stone weight difference between the two, Is this going to be a big factor?
                                                                                  I was about to answer Jaysoose using that as part of the reason. The weight in itself doesn't make that much of a difference tbh at heavy. Haye has ko power as he showed at cruiserweight, whether he has enough to put down Wlad is anybody's guess. The size difference though is a huge factor.

A 3 inch height advantage is big and when you have a guy as skillful as Wlad then that 3 inch reach advantage is huge.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                    I was initially all over haye to pull of the upset but the more I think about it I just cannot see him winning this.
                                                                                    Worse boxer
                                                                                    shorter
                                                                                    lighter
                                                                                    weaker

He's got speed, that's it.
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

#43
                                                                                      i want ge tget on the draw fro the laugh at 50to1 . Cant make bookies though

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                                                                        i want ge tget on the draw fro the laugh at 50to1 . Cant make bookies though
                                                                                        ill give u 40/1

Comment

#45
                                                                                          was only going to do 4euro to make 204 for the price of a pint haha
                                                                                          doubt ud take a 2euro bet? at40/1 lol i have nowt in poker, 1.90 on stars only if i can spin to 2 euro lol FML
                                                                                          Last edited by badugi; 02-07-11, 18:42.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                                                                            was only going to do 4euro to make 204 for the price of a pint haha
                                                                                            doubt ud take a 2euro bet? at40/1 lol i have nowt in poker, 1.90 on stars only if i can spin to 2 euro lol FML
                                                                                            u can have a tenner min if u want and ship when u have it if u lose . just a fun bet

Comment

#47
                                                                                              What time is this expected to be on?

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                                                                                What time is this expected to be on?
                                                                                                i think abt 10

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  http://www.magictv.co/ ,http://premier--streams.yolasite.com/
                                                                                                  good links for the fight
                                                                                                  Last edited by Donk Magnet; 02-07-11, 19:31.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Haye was a disgrace tonight he took us all for eejits and collected his payday, well done wlad a different class.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                                                                                      Haye was a disgrace tonight he took us all for eejits and collected his payday, well done wlad a different class.
                                                                                                      Not us all

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        ..prob too late to be getting answers...would anyone know what time mayweather fight is on Irish time, and any decent links for it...any help appreciated...wouldnt want to miss the black Messi in Action...

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                          ..prob too late to be getting answers...would anyone know what time mayweather fight is on Irish time, and any decent links for it...any help appreciated...wouldnt want to miss the black Messi in Action...
                                                                                                          Bout 40 mins time. Link below

Magic TV turns feature films, short films, web series, and standalone music videos into visuals that mesmerize, convince & touch your soul.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Ortiz a stone heavier tonight than mayw.

Also morales gave that kid a right bruising.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Originally posted by burkeyoa View Post
                                                                                                              Bout 40 mins time. Link below

http://www.magictv.co/
                                                                                                              ...Time to cook some ribs and enjoy them while watching Floyd...

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                ...kahn fight...

...Anyone staying up to watch the Kahn fight...hate him as a person, but cant help but be impressed with him...
                                                                                                                Think 4/6 with ladbrokes for the K/O is fantasitc value....definitly dont see it going long at alll....
                                                                                                                ...and 9/2 rounds 4-6 is pretty good value...

also...not much knowledge of MMA, but from what ive seen and read, jones to win by knockout looks a good price at evens...especially thrown in with the kahn bet....although as mentioned, limited knowledge in this....Think Mellor is the expert from what ive read...

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                  ...Anyone staying up to watch the Kahn fight...hate him as a person, but cant help but be impressed with him...
                                                                                                                  Think 4/6 with ladbrokes for the K/O is fantasitc value....definitly dont see it going long at alll....
                                                                                                                  ...and 9/2 rounds 4-6 is pretty good value...

also...not much knowledge of MMA, but from what ive seen and read, jones to win by knockout looks a good price at evens...especially thrown in with the kahn bet....although as mentioned, limited knowledge in this....Think Mellor is the expert from what ive read...

Wouldn't have a view on mma as i just don't know know enough about it, only watch it an odd time.

As for Amir Khan by KO TKO or Disqualification 4/6 should really be free money. Now that iv'e said that Khan will prob be ko'd in the first

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    I backed Peterson in about the 8th round at 3.65 when it looked like he was going to stop Khan. He was still almost this price when they were going to tje scorecards, unbelievable as he was clearly going to win IMO.
                                                                                                                    The most ungracious loser I've ever seen, dirty little sasnaigh!

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                                                      I backed Peterson in about the 8th round at 3.65 when it looked like he was going to stop Khan. He was still almost this price when they were going to tje scorecards, unbelievable as he was clearly going to win IMO.
                                                                                                                      The most ungracious loser I've ever seen, dirty little sasnaigh!
                                                                                                                      ...Nice bet...Ye he was an ungratful prat...He derserved to be beaten...Freddie Roach was the same, immediately critical of ref...
                                                                                                                      ...At least now there is no chance of him fighting Mayweather...Nowhere near his class, and hasnt earned the oppurtunity...

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        True. Isn't it dreadful thou to see how much Roche has deteriorated with the Parkinsons (I think that's what it is, isn't it?).

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X