Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf Betting Thread 2016 Season

2016-2022
    Last edited by rounders123; 11-06-20, 14:27.

Snedeker, Lowry and Hahn for me this week.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Comment

Lowry, loupe and O'hair for me
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

On Philo pretourney

Comment

Reed, Lowry, O Hair, Na and Harrington
          airport, lol

Comment

Might as well join the fun, luke donald and paul dunne e/w
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I forgot this was on this weekend. I'm going on Snedeker and Dusty, both two time winners. Dusty is just about to hit form and Brandt is on a hot streak at the moment.
              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Going with. Moulder mcgirt and Hadley this week in the US

Comment

O'Hair off to a good one. His military father was hard on him ala Earl. You cant be bringing them up like that nowadays of course. You cant even yell encouragement from the sidelines at a juniors football match. No such thing as penos either for fear of crushing the soul of the lad who gave the peno away. O'Hair is the last of the old school

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                    O'Hair off to a good one. His military father was hard on him ala Earl. You cant be bringing them up like that nowadays of course. You cant even yell encouragement from the sidelines at a juniors football match. No such thing as penos either for fear of crushing the soul of the lad who gave the peno away. O'Hair is the last of the old school
                    I think that father/son relationship was a slightly different deal to Earl and Tiger Woods.
                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Nice to see this thread getting kick started again!! For anyone who likes their golf stats smartgolfingbets.com have stats for both tours back up( they'd sold the pga stats to some pay site last year but back this year!)
                      I'm a mug bettor wit the golf, going for the e/w hail Mary double most weeks!!
                      Had a couple of crossbars already when having Snedeker doubled with Cabrera bello the other week n Sullivan doubled with Na last week :-(
                      On sneads again this week doubled with coetzee, Holmes with burmester n Lowry with blaaue!
                      Outta interest what are people's thoughts on paddypower going xtra place's but 1/5 of the odds?? Yay / nay

Comment

Added Dunne at 200/1. Only 4 back and think he is getting better each week he is out there. Has been in the mix a couple of times and fell away but shown enough to think he could win early and only 4 back.
                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                          Nice to see this thread getting kick started again!! For anyone who likes their golf stats smartgolfingbets.com have stats for both tours back up( they'd sold the pga stats to some pay site last year but back this year!)
                          I'm a mug bettor wit the golf, going for the e/w hail Mary double most weeks!!
                          Had a couple of crossbars already when having Snedeker doubled with Cabrera bello the other week n Sullivan doubled with Na last week :-(
                          On sneads again this week doubled with coetzee, Holmes with burmester n Lowry with blaaue!
                          Outta interest what are people's thoughts on paddypower going xtra place's but 1/5 of the odds?? Yay / nay
                          If they have the top odds then definitely e/w on pp is value, but like for dunne for example - 80/1 on pp(I got 125/1 yesterday though) and 200/1 on betfred so that's obviously a disgrace.

This will help, any player that's close to their max odds is a definite value e/w bet on pp imo
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                            On Philo pretourney
                            Ok, who would cash out on Philo here

Comment

Ok, who would cash out on Philo here
                              What have you on him and what price? Ive 15 ew on Jonas Blixt at 200/1 and my cashout option is 247.07 which seems quite poor.

There never seems to be value on the cashout so I reckon you might be better laying him for part of your stake on Betfair at 1.72.

Comment

I thought the accepted line was never use the cashout option!?

Comment

Originally posted by angle_grinder View Post
                                  What have you on him and what price? Ive 15 ew on Jonas Blixt at 200/1 and my cashout option is 247.07 which seems quite poor.

There never seems to be value on the cashout so I reckon you might be better laying him for part of your stake on Betfair at 1.72.
                                  The cash out on Phil was 45% of the total winnings . Oddly enough I have a fiver on Jonas Blixt the cash out option is a Redic 36 euro lol
                                  the Phil one though is not the worst value. I decided to let it ride . Only a couple of ton in it.

Comment

The cash out on Phil was 45% of the total winnings . Oddly enough I have a fiver on Jonas Blixt the cash out option is a Redic 36 euro lol
                                    the Phil one though is not the worst value. I decided to let it ride . Only a couple of ton in it.
                                    cash out on blix now is 350 (for a fiver bet?) I'd say yours is huge now mrangle grinder

at least 1k for your bet. laylaylay.

Comment

Was offered 1450. Decided to let it run as I felt I was virtually guaranteed 615 so didn't seem like good value. No real opportunity to cash out after that. Did you cash out on Blixt or Phil??

Comment

only a fiver on blix so took the cash out, next hole he birdied then i went fml, glad now. sweating phil still. up n down for a play off.

ah boo lipped out
                                        Last edited by Solskjaer; 14-02-16, 23:24.

Comment

Hard luck. Would have been nice to get the cash out on blixt and Phil to win.

I didn't see any of it so that limited my cashout options. Think Il have a few quid on Matsuyama for the Masters and Dubbisson for the Race to Dubai and that be my golf bets for the year.

Comment

Would also recommend following Timothy Frank on Twitter. He writes for fantasy insiders and is very good for key stats along with smart golf bets that was already mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                              Would also recommend following Timothy Frank on Twitter. He writes for fantasy insiders and is very good for key stats along with smart golf bets that was already mentioned.
                                              Yep this guy is good he had some excellent stat based write ups last year for the majors.

Comment

Every journey man player on the tour will feel he has a chance this week after Vaughn Taylors win last week. Freddie Jacobson finding a bitta form so he'll do for me @ 60-1 pp paying 7 places.
                                                The mandatory mug doubles go on Garcia/Luiten & Schwartzel/pieters.

Comment

Every journey man player on the tour will feel he has a chance this week after Vaughn Taylors win last week. Freddie Jacobson finding a bitta form so he'll do for me @ 60-1 pp paying 7 places.
                                                  Waiting on Freddie Jac for Honda But has a good record here. Lucas Glover finding some form and both Hahn and DJ both had -SGP last year so clearly a ball strikers course. If he could cut out the 4 putts he might have a chance. Think Sullivan is overpriced at 80/1 (70 with PP). Michael Kim at a big price. Went to Berkeley and played well in Torrey pines for 3 rounds.

Comment

Speith will win this i think. Swartzchel is in good form and 30 to 1 is not a bad bet.

People I'd ignore include Freddie, Scott and Bubba . Freddie had a great chance last week but bottled it, the field is stronger this week. Scared of Justin Rose, he handled himself very well for his 1st crack at pebble beach. Indicates he is on great from . hmm feck it, I'm doing Swartzl, Rose and Speith.

Love how many people are playing well at the moment. Golden era of golf. Walker, Matsuymama, also in the mix. Can't see the winner coming from anywhere else. Rory needs to play more to recapture his sharpness.

Comment

Speith will win this i think. Swartzchel is in good form and 30 to 1 is not a bad bet.

People I'd ignore include Freddie, Scott and Bubba . Freddie had a great chance last week but bottled it, the field is stronger this week. Scared of Justin Rose, he handled himself very well for his 1st crack at pebble beach. Indicates he is on great from . hmm feck it, I'm doing Swartzl, Rose and Speith.

Love how many people are playing well at the moment. Golden era of golf. Walker, Matsuymama, also in the mix. Can't see the winner coming from anywhere else. Rory needs to play more to recapture his sharpness.
                                                      Savage field in fairness. Throws up some funky winners though.

Comment

throwing in A couple of FRL darts playing in the morning. Raining there now but due to dry out tomorrow afternoon. Ricky Barnes has had a few fast starts this year and Michael Kim who I backed outright too. Both 200/1 with Boyles

Comment

having great fun with Schwartzel

starts with a double bogey, then 3 birdies on his front 9.
                                                          10 th hole EAGLE, 11 hole TRIPLE BOGEY, birdie 12th 13th, 15th 16th. 2 holes left. What a crazy round

Comment

having great fun with Schwartzel

starts with a double bogey, then 3 birdies on his front 9.
                                                            10 th hole EAGLE, 11 hole TRIPLE BOGEY, birdie 12th 13th, 15th 16th. 2 holes left. What a crazy round
                                                            I followed you in at 33/1. Also enjoying it. Hopefully he keeps it going.It's a great golf course as anything can happen. Got a lovely touch on Kokrak leader after round 2 when he had a kick in birdie on 15 to go -9 and was 7/1. Someone was asleep at the wheel in PP.

Comment

Small e/w outrights.
                                                              Harrington
                                                              Matsuyama
                                                              O Hair
                                                              Blair
                                                              Lowry
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

rarely bet on golf but put small e/w bets on Casey and Palmer

Comment

Matsuyama 33/1 and Scott 25/1 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                    bad start for both +2 after 8

Comment

On Ricky Barnes 1st round leader again.

Outright
                                                                      Kisner
                                                                      Martin
                                                                      Blair
                                                                      Cejka

On Uhlein in Australia.

Comment

Going with Fowler pre. . Probably bet on final round also , always value then

Comment

Big bet on Rory, e/w cover bets on Palmer, Knox and Harmen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                            Ship

Comment

#39
                                                                              Nice! Post earlier though so I can bandwagon pls
                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Golf podcast on sporting life sounds dull but has been pretty good lately, lads who tip for sporting life site and odds compiler from skybet

few massive winners in asia/mid-east recently (didnt back) and had Jason Schrevier(spelling) ew @ 50/1 this week (did )

Worth a listen, on soundcloud so probably itunes as well

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                  Golf podcast on sporting life sounds dull but has been pretty good lately, lads who tip for sporting life site and odds compiler from skybet

few massive winners in asia/mid-east recently (didnt back) and had Jason Schrevier(spelling) ew @ 50/1 this week (did )

Yeah they gave Fraser a couple of weeks ago and John Rhodes put up So Min Loo or li. Follow Ben Coley and John Rhodes on Twitter.

Comment

#42

how about you take one for the team, listen to the podcast so we don't have to and post the selections here

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                      how about you take one for the team, listen to the podcast so we don't have to and post the selections here
                                                                                      er, em........no!

No pain, no gain Shrap, no pain, no gain

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Doral Looks like a course for bombers but they have tightened up the driving areas around 300 yards by moving bunkers. There is little or no rain due so should be firm and fast. Think good long iron players will do well this week and one of the best of them is Matt Fitzpatrick. Not in amazing form but only missed cuts recently by 1 shot and at 150/1 looks like a decent price for someone on the up and up. Few small bets on Lowry and Bowditch also.

Ben Coley who hosts the podcast put up DJ and Keopka.

Podcast generally out on Tuesday's

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Fell asleep twice trying to listen to it, day off has just disappeared in front of me

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Couple of F.R.L bets for me... Hoping lightening can strike twice in the shape of J.B. Holmes(33s) n at the other end of the market sticking with the big hitters Scott Hend(150s).
                                                                                            Gonna hold off on outright winner market until it gets going...

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Added Daniel Berger FRL and Outright

Comment

#48
                                                                                                I was considering An at 66s and Aphibarnrat at 200s. Both fall into the big hitters category and their driving distance stats suggest that they should have criteria to contend. I read somewhere that basically unless you're a big hitter you simply cannot contend at Doral. Aphibarnrat had an appalling tournament here a couple of years ago which is a worry but he's worth a nibble. An's form is there for all to see and seems value to me at 66/1. It'll be interesting to see how he does in an event such as this. I'd have zero interest in Rory, Spieth or Dj atm. Of the shorter priced guys I'd have to side with Bubba.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Agree re Rory and logic but I absolutely guarantee one of the next few weeks he is going to come out and absolutely destroy a field, could very well be this week if the putter behaves at all.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Fell asleep twice trying to listen to it, day off has just disappeared in front of me
                                                                                                    3rd attempt

£10 on bello first round leader @125/1 just because

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      3rd attempt

I think I will join you.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Schwartzel for me.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          3rd attempt

I think I will join you.
                                                                                                          inski. need the cash for cheltenham

Also went for An ftw.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            3rd attempt

I think I will join you.
                                                                                                            inski. need the cash for cheltenham

Also went for An ftw.
                                                                                                            Sure why not.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Bets for this:

First round leader: (All small punts)

See above.
                                                                                                              Speith @16/1
                                                                                                              Kuchar @45/1
                                                                                                              Willet @60/1
                                                                                                              Kevin Na @66/1

Outright:

Branden Grace @45/1
                                                                                                              (1 or 2 more to be added)

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Choo Choo

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Going with DJ and Schwartzel.

looking forward to this

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Course getting very firm and fast. Should be fun to watch.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Course getting very firm and fast. Should be fun to watch.
                                                                                                                      A golden era of the golf for sure. As much as I like Tiger he had no peers when he dominated, but he had the likes of Chris Di marco pushing him in the masters . I think at his best he'd still be up there but no way near as dominant

last week was my 1st bad week in a while for the golf punting and only becuase I didn't take Fowler profits before his weekend collapse. Finger was wrapped around a few pints in biffoland.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        I had pretty much decided what to do but now I can't get away from JB. He has been widely tipped and fits the profile of a doral winner. He has been in good form so far this year too. Of real interest though is the fact that he shot a 62 here last year to take the FRL and ended up finishing 2nd by a shot to DJ. He took the week off last week and I'd say he has serious unfinished business after last year. 28/1 is probably great value but what interests me even more is 28/1 FRL ( Boyles) as he'll probably come out all guns blazing tomorrow. I'd be very dissapointed if he wasn't in the top 5 come tomorrow night.

An ew outright and FRL
                                                                                                                        Aphibarnrat ew outright and FRL
                                                                                                                        JB FRL
                                                                                                                        Last edited by TonyCascarino; 02-03-16, 20:31.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X