Cheltenham Festival 2013

On Ruby's mount in this one, can't remember the name, in the smoking area, left the docket inside

pints'll be flowing tonight I imagine

History is made as Irish beat the british 14-13 in Cheltenham...*

Take a bow lads

Well, any craic?
          No pretty quiet round here

Edit: well there is a lot of this going round

Last edited by poprock; 15-03-13, 21:24.

Fantastic result, I cannot being to imagine your elation.

yikes
              Paddy Power
              One very lucky Irish punter had a Cheltenham ACCA on Salsify, Alderwood, Bobs Worth, Ted Veale & Our Conor.

€154 on............ €330,812.42 back.

Anybody looking for some fun on Sunday should get to Banagher. Sister/Bro In Law own a pub called The Corner House which will henceforth be known as The Conor House. Said it was scenes of mayhem there today - local bookie across the road ran out of money. Place in bedlam down there.

Bank wire > Cash > Titties
                Hero.

Looking out for scenes of unmitigated triumph on the six-one news atm. Simultaneously attempting to deceive wife as to scale of winnings. Tricky.

Noel's dad hogging the limelight.

Looking out for scenes of unmitigated triumph on the six-one news atm. Simultaneously attempting to deceive wife as to scale of winnings. Tricky.

Having seen the head on Hayes Snr., its fair to say the apple didn't fall too far from the tree!

Conor saved the week, fishers, Bob, and salsify made it a very nice week all in all. Excellent Friday.

Shame the boss is an absolute cunt who still managed to wreck my head on such a good day, may he be run over by a JCB on the weekend.

Anybody looking for some fun on Sunday should get to Banagher. Sister/Bro In Law own a pub called The Corner House which will henceforth be known as The Conor House. Said it was scenes of mayhem there today - local bookie across the road ran out of money. Place in bedlam down there.

ON A SERIOUS NOTE.............
                          when all the celebrations have died down prepare to be fired down THE WELL.
                          wp sir.

Conor saved the week, fishers, Bob, and salsify made it a very nice week all in all. Excellent Friday.

Shame the boss is an absolute cunt who still managed to wreck my head on such a good day, may he be run over by a JCBon the weekend.
                            Good to see the advertising works

I used to be a caterpillar man, but not anymore!!!!

Tbh, if he was run over by a Dublin bus, I d be just as happy!

Mate works in Banagher up for the night said the place was manic.
                                Fair play to all involved.

Wrong - nothing beats titties

Well done Noel enjoy it all

Wrong - nothing beats titties

Well done Noel enjoy it all
                                    He means, go to the bank, withdraw cash, and rub on titties.

yikes
                                      Paddy Power
                                      One very lucky Irish punter had a Cheltenham ACCA on Salsify, Alderwood, Bobs Worth, Ted Veale & Our Conor.

€154 on............ €330,812.42 back.
                                      A friends young lad our Conor as we call hime these days went through the card but ended up with Tennis Cap in instead of Ted Veale - picked up about 7K but hit the post for c.100K

Tom Jenkins from The Guardian has a fantastic selection of pics of the Gold Cup and day three at Cheltenham.

Also the Irish Times gallery has some good ones too.

I have to work all weekend but Sunday night is going to be pretty mental.

Congrats Noel, I can't imagine what its like to be there watching your own horse absolutely obliterate the field. Hopefully you will get many more exciting days in Cheltenham and other venues out of Our Conor. That is one special horse.

6/1 second favourite for next year's Champion Hurdle.

Wonder what rating he'll be given now, has to be as high as any juvenile in recent years.

GAB said in one of the podcasts that he'd sell him for the right price, I'm sure there'll be a few prospective buyers knocking on his door now.

Anyone in town celebrating?

Wonder what rating he'll be given now, has to be as high as any juvenile in recent years.

GAB said in one of the podcasts that he'd sell him for the right price, I'm sure there'll be a few prospective buyers knocking on his door now.
                                                  BHA Press Office ‏@BHAPressOffice
                                                  Our Conor highest rated Triumph Hurdle winner since Anglo-Irish Classifications began:

great day - congrats to Bcb

lovely touch, but sick crossbar at the same time

I'm just in from the pub, thanks just thanks, best days gambling ever, love you all,,, GET IN YA FUCKIN GOOD THING

Would love a TR GAB if you're up to it, must've been a magical experience.

I watched it in The Two Sisters near the KCR, I had given the tip to anyone that would listen, the roar in the place when he jumped the last it seemed the whole pub was on it, what a buzz, it gives me goosebumps watching it again.

What a day. Everything about it was perfect.

Did you do that yourself opr? Very nice.

Well GAB, should we book the bus for Punchestown?

Dessie on ATR at 11.15.

Will be back online properly thus evening rather than just phone so will respond yo ppl then.
                                                                Hows the head?

Well GAB, should we book the bus for Punchestown?
                                                                  This.

It's just incredible watching him open his stride coming down the hill to the 3rd last last, then open it again coming around the home turn - and to top it off, he took an extra 5 lengths out of the field (on times) after he jumped the last.

This is the new Istabraq.

The only thing now is to mind him - but how do you mind him?
                                                                    To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Racing Post reporting Noel and the boys have sold Our Conor to Barry Connell for a milly. Nice bitta business for a €4,500 investment!

Wow, v nice congrats to all involved

Did you do that yourself opr? Very nice.
                                                                          Cheers. Yeah, surprisingly easy to put together with the kind of video editing tools available these days.