Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When They See Us on Netflix is brilliantly done. I didnt know anything about the story before watching but it's really well done by them and worth the watch. Think its only 4 episodes too

Comment

Be careful out there.....

What Really Happened to Malaysia’s Missing Airplane

The Atlantic Dusts Off Discredited Conspiracy Theory to Accuse MH370 Pilot of Hijacking
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Speaking of leafy, I walked around St Annes park earlier and literally could not identify one tree species.

Seems like a notable gap in my personal wikipedia.
        I read a 400 page book on trees about 2 years ago and I cannot identify a single species either. Fell out of my head right as I was reading it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          [alt gr + 4] not work for you?
          Doesn't work for me, [alt 0128] works for me

Hitch it's the alt or the alt gr button and the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Murder Mystery movie on Netflix is wonderfully old-school
            Adam Sandler though?

Haven't watched it- for that reason alone

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
              When They See Us on Netflix is brilliantly done. I didnt know anything about the story before watching but it's really well done by them and worth the watch. Think its only 4 episodes too
              Binge watched it last night. The last episode is amazingly done. There was an Oprah extra that came on Netflix after it that I didn't watch yet. Also, I saw TylerDurden and some others recommend the documentary that came out way before the TV series.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                I read a 400 page book on trees about 2 years ago and I cannot identify a single species either. Fell out of my head right as I was reading it.
                Was it that Thomas Pakenham one?

Nature in general just seems to be something that my brain goes 'ah yeah that's nice but I'm fucked if I'm freeing up any valuable space for this'.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Nature in general just seems to be something that my brain goes 'ah yeah that's nice but I'm fucked if I'm freeing up any valuable space for this'.
                  Ran by a load of wild flowers on the side of the road this morning, with a sign saying 'pollination project' and it gave me the good feels.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Standard.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    Ran by a load of wild flowers on the side of the road this morning, with a sign saying 'pollination project' and it gave me the good feels.
                    https://pollinators.ie/

Comment

The Secret Life of Trees by Colin Tudge.

I was having this conversation on Friday with someone on the drive down to a retreat in Clare about the difference between someone who spent a good bit of time in the nature of the countryside when young and someone who didn't.

It takes days for my brain to adjust to just being in nature and really taking it in.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by brianmc View Post
                            Lots of bees around Newcastle this morning . It was like the 70s again. Sting me again though and I finish you all this time. For good

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                              Lots of bees around Newcastle this morning . It was like the 70s again. Sting me again though and I finish you all this time. For good
                              I'd like to say they weren't mine but actually... Newcastle... they could be.

Comment

In a "know your audience to engage them" move...

Here's the Michelin guide tweeting a picture of some of my honey.

...err... the golden flakes on the bottom right.

Comment

2016:

Outrage as ‘Britain caves in and ALLOWS Turkey to join the European Union’
                                  BRITONS risk being trapped inside a Turkish-dominated EU unless the country votes to cut ties with Brussels in the forthcoming referendum, Nigel Farage warned today.

Cut ties with Brussels or risk being trapped in a Turkish-dominated EU, warns Farage

"We saw the mass, open, sexual molestation of hundreds of women in public. If Germany and Sweden are prepared to accept unlimited numbers of young men from countries and cultures where women are at best second class citizens then, frankly, what to they expect?
                                  2017:

TURKEY wants a free trade deal with the United Kingdom in exchange for free movement of people…. Speaking alongside Theresa May in Ankara last month Mr Yildirim said talks would be initiated with the UK about a free trade deal simultaneously with the talks Turkey has begun about modernising the Customs Union.
                                  2019:

I know I bang on about Brexit a lot (my job is tied pretty closely to the UK market) but it's just getting beyond a parody
                                  The UK are leaving the EU because they didn’t like the thought of being in a union with Turkey ( ), then are ending up in a union with Turkey because they left the EU.

How they all aren't being hung by their toes, I'll never know
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    Might have to get a new phone. What's the go to suggestion for mid-priced phones these days?
                                    Went for the Pixel 3a over the g7 plus and g7 power.

Comment

Went for the Pixel 3a over the g7 plus and g7 power.
                                      first impressions?
                                      I need to move one from my OnePlus 3T (though it's noticeably improved post PIE upgrade) and debating whether to go with 6T, Pixel or P30
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I went OnePlus 3T to 6T recently... meh, not a big enough difference I think to bother. I would have went Pixel 3A XL except a co-worker offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. Still regret it slightly now! 6T camera not up to much.

Comment

I Have the P30 pro.

Moved from OnePlus for the first time in four years. Had the x and 5. Couldn't wait for the 7 so went p30.

I missed Oxygen OS at the start bad. But have forgotten about it. Not one for taking pictures but the camera on this thing makes you. It's fucking incredible.

The on screen fingerprint sensor is my main gripe. Even at that it's only a small one. Some Apps(mostly gambling) have a hard time adapting to that.

Comment

It's still on the way. I've usually just gone with budget androids, but it is noticeable how much the camera suffers for the price point, so that was the main motivation for going for the Pixel. Most specs don't really mean much to me, don't play games or anything, usually just care about a decent screen and battery.

Comment

I got the OP7 pro for €580 by extending my contract. took the camera for a spin on some cool coloured pools this morning. Edit: picture looks much better on the phone for some reason.

Comment

For anyone who enjoys it when people lose their shit, check out the Climate Action Plan thread over in the other place: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2057989394

Some people really freaking out...

Comment

Comment

Eoin Morgan is good at getting sixes today.
                                                    11 in his century off 57 balls.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                      Eoin Morgan is good at getting sixes today.
                                                      11 in his century off 57 balls.
                                                      Gone insane.

Poor afghanis.

Comment

BBV'd him! Just the 148 with 17 sixes.

Bonkers really. A full century in sixes.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                          I Have the P30 pro.

Moved from OnePlus for the first time in four years. Had the x and 5. Couldn't wait for the 7 so went p30.

I missed Oxygen OS at the start bad. But have forgotten about it. Not one for taking pictures but the camera on this thing makes you. It's fucking incredible.

The on screen fingerprint sensor is my main gripe. Even at that it's only a small one. Some Apps(mostly gambling) have a hard time adapting to that.
                                                          Facial recognition is unbelievable on it. Press nothing just glance at phone
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Meditate on this one for a few decades lads. Frankel magic number 14. Trumper magic number 8 (5 is a piece of piss for five monkeys) only Denny fell for it and is on 6/5 t&cs posted on snooker thread in an elevated state. The Dalai Lama or the boss man as I call him began the peace process to end a war that has gone on for more than a millennium and coincidentally he's HH14 and his magic number is 108 😂 It was broadcast live on FB. I'm sure it's on you tube by now so if some of you geniuses can stick up a link someone will definitely find it useful.

Comment

Morgans fairly lucky most cricket fans are of sane mind. If he were captaining the English soccer team heartily blasting out God Save the Queen I'd say he wouldn't be able to leave his house for all the death threats.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Platini arrested I see.
                                                                Hope this isn’t going to affect what is an absolute lock to be the best World Cup ever.(some idiots calling for them to be stripped as if there was never corruption in a WC decision before)
                                                                Coming home after a hard days graft in miserable December to watch WC football in sunny climes, players not wrecked after a long hard season, cool stadiums, great for fans to get around etc
                                                                Well worth losing out on Xmas prem matches
                                                                Media will fall in line once it starts just like did last summer

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                  Morgans fairly lucky most cricket fans are of sane mind. If he were captaining the English soccer team heartily blasting out God Save the Queen I'd say he wouldn't be able to leave his house for all the death threats.
                                                                  Does he sing the English anthem? I thought he had previously refused to.
                                                                  Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                                                    Meditate on this one for a few decades lads. Frankel magic number 14. Trumper magic number 8 (5 is a piece of piss for five monkeys) only Denny fell for it and is on 6/5 t&cs posted on snooker thread in an elevated state. The Dalai Lama or the boss man as I call him began the peace process to end a war that has gone on for more than a millennium and coincidentally he's HH14 and his magic number is 108 😂 It was broadcast live on FB. I'm sure it's on you tube by now so if some of you geniuses can stick up a link someone will definitely find it useful.
                                                                    I'm confused?

Comment

Both Boy A and Boy B found guilty. Thought Boy B might have got away with a manslaughter plea after it seemed like he was led down a bad path by Boy A. An absolutely tragic case. RIP Anna.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                        Does he sing the English anthem? I thought he had previously refused to.
                                                                        Didnt see today's game but he did for an earlier world cup game so assume he is for all of them.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker
                                                                          Can I please please please have some of the recreational narcotics you're obviously using .... The Wizard v Frankel .... Career World Championships....I'm fairly sure the Wizard has 4 Frankel has none that I know about(AJ FD or Dobby ) will jump all over it if I'm wrong . Dice runs his first to 15 on an honour basis... ie when you lose you ship the dough.... I'm saying that in 15 years time when Frankel passes the wizard most of us know it won't take that long but when he does the first 5 to thank the post ship me a monkey was gonna suggest a deuce but in 10 years time a monkey will feel like a deuce does today.... if on 7th may 2034 Frankel trails the wizard the first 5 to thank the post will receive a monkey...... He dismantled Ronnie 10:4 (AJ ?) Next generation you're watching the future of Snooker .... Am I the only 1 that can see this ??? Surely not . I've been a voyeur on IPB for years and started contributing a year or so ago.... References available from old old IPB ers who know me and current contributors if required... I've never welched on a bet or shafted anyone in my life apart from 1 man Thomas McCaul who I knocked for a onner in Cavan .... I feel absolutely no shame for not giving him the 100e and if I'm totally honest deep down I'm actually quite pleased I never gave it to him...Love playing at the same table as him in mtts cos I know it tilts the life out of him and there's always chips in the pot when he's at the table.... I'm 52 now if I die before I'm 67 Colm is my middle son and he'll ship the readies in the unlikely event that Frankel doesn't fulfill his promise.
                                                                          I'm confused?
                                                                          There ya go. Happy betting.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                            Platini arrested I see.
                                                                            Hope this isn’t going to affect what is an absolute lock to be the best World Cup ever.(some idiots calling for them to be stripped as if there was never corruption in a WC decision before)
                                                                            Coming home after a hard days graft in miserable December to watch WC football in sunny climes, players not wrecked after a long hard season, cool stadiums, great for fans to get around etc
                                                                            Poor effort

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                              Didn't mean to get involved in that. What's the bet? Who's Frankel in snooker?

Comment

...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                    Both Boy A and Boy B found guilty. Thought Boy B might have got away with a manslaughter plea after it seemed like he was led down a bad path by Boy A. An absolutely tragic case. RIP Anna.
                                                                                    Boy B’s final interview pretty much admitted how involved he’d been and he didn’t take the stand or try to lay out a different narrative so I don’t think he gave anyone much option. Personally I think the lead down the garden path line is based on the earlier interviews in which he lied profusely.

Horrific case and I really feel for the family but the really scary thing is the likelihood that Boy A will be roaming the streets and fields of Lucan at age 24 or 25 with anonymity intact.
                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker
                                                                                      Yep hard to argue with that observation .... Seems to have come on a couple of stone since last year and as AJM would say listen lads we're very happy to win first time out he looks as a half decent prospect but let's not get carried away here he might never to 14 like Frankel we've had a bit of a lean spell over the last 10 years but sure we still get out bed in the morning band have a go ...we have a silver and a bronze from the last two Gold cups with Anibale Fly and ew punters got paid in the last two grand nationals at decent enough prices to keep punters happy. But let's call a fucking spade a spade hear the lads in the yard call me Harvey I've no fucking idea idea why something to do with a cunt called smith I think , I'm not sure to be honest but because my right hand wouldn't tell my left hand what it was doing and the fitzweazel reckons I'm as fkn bent as an S Hook just because I was riding a horse giving him a bit of a breather and when we came back into view from the stands I dunno maybe he got a 2nd wind something but we were 6 or 7 lengths clear and won handy Enuff in the end according to the fitzweazel anyway who told limpwhacker Clare who is Niamh's mum who coincidentally has just joined IPB today on Frankles Debut win .... 8 is the magic number for now we've just won our first one tonight and if I'm asked what I put this down to I can sum it up In two words FAMILY VALUES.... I can't remember what the rest of ye call my bro who picks my balls out but listen we've a long way to go " do I fancy myself to be the first 50 year old to win the world title well obviously because in all fairness if the GOAT can't do it who else will 8 will be handy Enuff I'm fairly sure I'll get to 10 but 14 like Frankel,,,, might just be a bridge too far ..... Thanks Judd and it's wonderful to see the targets you n the bro are going for records are there to be broken and you're just the man to do it. Anyway Enuff of that shite. I finished up where jbravado is heading DZB because on Shane's doorstep on Christmas night Claire Mac gave me the kick in the hole I needed to get down there.... I turned up a day late cos I won a bag and it took a while to give it back. I came up last Friday week to see if Mac was still alive hadn't seen him since he pointed the jeep north in Killarney and struck North for Greencastle .... Which reminds me of the first time I drove Mac to a hospital in Galway.... Now there one thing about Mac and Limpwhacker they always always pick up hitch hikers anyway the young French Lad who saw the car stopping and thought yes fckn result get in there I have a fkn lift had really no idea what he was letting himself in for .... Anyway ya can picture the story and draw your own assumptions I just have to tell it like it was Mac is too full prior to boarding and the ky Passat is our vehicle of choice for this trip we have a nice Bulletproof Merc that Mac bought off s judge in Eddies 250 acre estate in Redhills where The legends were reared 5 lads 1 in Canada 2 in Greencastle and Eddie 50/60 mil balls Mc Ilhinney My mate macs paperwork can be found in The Hague or online European court of Human Rights .... It's a great read I pissed myself laughing when I read it cos he'd told me the story... He wasnt long home from west wales .... He told a story today about the night he went to snooker hall in Newport.... He was on a building site earning 4e a week and walked out with 160 quid or 40 weeks wages
                                                                                      that is a whirlwind of a post!
                                                                                      He does tend to let it all out in one go. No harm.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                        Boy B’s final interview pretty much admitted how involved he’d been and he didn’t take the stand or try to lay out a different narrative so I don’t think he gave anyone much option. Personally I think the lead down the garden path line is based on the earlier interviews in which he lied profusely.

Horrific case and I really feel for the family but the really scary thing is the likelihood that Boy A will be roaming the streets and fields of Lucan at age 24 or 25 with anonymity intact.
                                                                                        Avoided it as much as possible to the extent that I don't get the nuance about boy B's final interview but it does seem there is something off about both of them being the same kind of guilty. I'd speculate that while B is guilty of something terrible but probably less than murder and deserves some sort of sentence A probably didn't ever belong in a court or anywhere else than behind the walls of Dundrum.
                                                                                        Will be assiduously avoiding social media and MSM for the rest of the week.
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Same as Strewel, I stopped looking at details pretty early on so my opinion is pretty skewed. Horrific case is right and equally horrific to think he will be out at 25 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                            Platini arrested I see.
                                                                                            SPOILER

Rest of your wind up spoilered

...
                                                                                            “Once, there was a French president whom we shall call Nicolas. He didn’t have much money. In fact, he was desperate for some but, thankfully, his good friend the emir had plenty of it. The emir told him that he’d buy all sorts of things from France, expensive things like planes and nuclear power stations and Nicolas was very happy. But then the emir said, ‘There’s one condition, though, just a little thing.’

“‘What could it be?’ Nicolas asked.

“‘Just tell Michel to give us the World Cup,’ the emir replied.

“Nicolas didn’t have much of a choice. He needed the money. So he asked Michel to do what he was told, and Michel said he’d do it.”
                                                                                            ...

Comment

Hard to believe two boys the same age so fucked up. Be as precious as you like about what you read and don't read but I'd like to know HOW these 2 boys could do such a thing ? What flags were there ?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                2016:

BRITONS risk being trapped inside a Turkish-dominated EU unless the country votes to cut ties with Brussels in the forthcoming referendum, Nigel Farage warned today.

2017:

2019:

I know I bang on about Brexit a lot (my job is tied pretty closely to the UK market) but it's just getting beyond a parody
                                                                                                The UK are leaving the EU because they didn’t like the thought of being in a union with Turkey ( ), then are ending up in a union with Turkey because they left the EU.

How they all aren't being hung by their toes, I'll never know
                                                                                                To pay devils advocate, a trade deal is what most brexiters want, not a free movement of people deal. Everyone happy to trade with turkey so long a none of them come to England, despite the hypocrisy of holidaying there.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                Avoided it as much as possible to the extent that I don't get the nuance about boy B's final interview but it does seem there is something off about both of them being the same kind of guilty. I'd speculate that while B is guilty of something terrible but probably less than murder and deserves some sort of sentence A probably didn't ever belong in a court or anywhere else than behind the walls of Dundrum.
                                                                                                Will be assiduously avoiding social media and MSM for the rest of the week.
                                                                                                Murder in Ireland is quite open, you don’t have to be the trigger guy, if you store a gun for a day for a shooter, for example, you’re a murdered likewise if you “just” drive the getaway car.

Comment

I'm confused?
                                                                                                  On the snooker thread during the world championships you thanked a post. Inadvertently by the sounds of it. Relax you have 15 years to wriggle out of it ������

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                    Cheers dice without you and my vast team of psychiatrists I'd be lost ��

Comment

It was Trump = Frankel world titles v Higgins . Current score Frankel 1 Higgins 4 ... The bet was struck at 0:4 coulda been 5 nil down then Frankel needed 6 he only needs 5 now. Bet is void if you want to void it no probs. Health warning be careful what you thank roflmao.

Comment

It was Trump = Frankel world titles v Higgins . Current score Frankel 1 Higgins 4 ... The bet was struck at 0:4 coulda been 5 nil down then Frankel needed 6 he only needs 5 now. Bet is void if you want to void it no probs. Health warning be careful what you thank roflmao.
                                                                                                        Tell us more things.

About stuff.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

For all the Boris being a gobshite, he seems to be handling this campaign like an absolute boss.
                                                                                                              Don't know what he did today but his handlers have been telling him to "keep his fucking mouth shut" for the last few weeks

Which seems to be working

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                Don't know what he did today but his handlers have been telling him to "keep his fucking mouth shut" for the last few weeks

Which seems to be working
                                                                                                                pretty good life advice in general you would have to say

Comment

Ha thanks yeah, wasn't intentional.

Comment

...

Comment

Meh he was elected London Mayor twice against strong opposition and with London being a Labour heartland, so Id say he's okay when he opens his mouth too. Really dislike him by the way, but he's a consummate politician.
                                                                                                                      London is labour because of first past the post, not sure if you actually had one vote across the whole place it would be so clear

Comment

Some lovely studs up nastiness and leaving the leg in that fraction extra from the Italian women v Brazil here. Chiellini would approve. Would love to see them go at the US later in the tourney

Comment

The day has come, I can eat at Teddy's once more. (Just did my nails cheers)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X