Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few tips for today there lads please

Comment

The mare ran another cracker, two hesitant jumps probably cost her second. A great servant.

Comment

Don't think I have ever backed the winner of the Irish GN.

She's Got Grit @25s would break that sequence nicely.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Really scary moment when she collapsed out on the track as Ian was pulling her up. Overheated badly but she seems ok now after loads of water and minding by the vets.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Given The job is right another whirl here at 16's

Comment

I backed Cantlow, feel a bit dirty
              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Don't think I have ever backed the winner of the Irish GN.

She's Got Grit @25s would break that sequence nicely.
                Consistency in a world gone mad

Comment

Gigginstown benefit there. Nice for Ms. Walsh.

Comment

Possibly a stupid question, but I don't really back horses so not sure.

Backed a horse at 9/4 last night on Bet365. I have the choice of 9/4 or SP, but selected 9/4. He went off at 3/1 and i got paid 3/1.

Will you always get the better price on Bet365?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      Possibly a stupid question, but I don't really back horses so not sure.

Backed a horse at 9/4 last night on Bet365. I have the choice of 9/4 or SP, but selected 9/4. He went off at 3/1 and i got paid 3/1.

Will you always get the better price on Bet365?
                      Yes
                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

What am I missing here, Holywell 11/8, Silviniaco Conti 11/4 in the Aintree Bowl.

Confirmed flat track machine and King george winner who started 11/4 for the cheltenham gold cup on a flat track against a horse that won once all year in an egg and spoon race.

Comment

Give Tanawar a decent ew Squeak in the 1620 Catt.

Comment

Can some kind soul explain this payout to me please? The SP was 5/2 if that makes any difference. ty

Comment

Can some kind soul explain this payout to me please? The SP was 5/2 if that makes any difference. ty

rule 4 20p in da pound

Comment

Rule 4 was 20p. So they deducted 20percent off your winnings.

(80(winnings)*.8)+stake=74

There was a non runner before the off and after you placed your bet so bookies adjusted for the new market.
                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                  Rule 4 was 20p. So they deducted 20percent off your winnings.

(80(winnings)*.8)+stake=74

There was a non runner before the off and after you placed your bet so bookies adjusted for the new market.
                                  Perfect, ty.

I also have this horse in a €15 double with another running later so does this mean that i will have (15 x 8) *.8 + stake, so €111 going on the next one?

Comment

Perfect, ty.

I also have this horse in a €15 double with another running later so does this mean that i will have (15 x 8) *.8 + stake, so €111 going on the next one?
                                    Yup.

Rule 4's are a bItch. I'd a wedge on Cheers Buddy last week in DD and got 30p.
                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

If Coolmore are trying to seduce Moore they are failing so far!

Comment

The $$$ was all it took to seduce him

Comment

True, the union isnt pure though. You need to be living in the country and have a day by day relationship. Rather than this ''Moore will ride the main horses'' type deal.

Comment

Posting this in the Our Conor thread as i feel there is an opportunity to build a market on how good or otherwise this will be...

WillFredd Theatre presents the world premiere of
                                            JOCKEY

Exploring the physical relationship between the dancer, the jockey and the Irish thoroughbred horse.

Directed by Sophie Motley. Co-created with Emma O’Kane
                                            15 & 16 May - VISUAL, Carlow
                                            20, 21 & 22 May – Samuel Beckett Theatre as part of Dublin Dance Festival
                                            28 May - Mermaid Arts Centre, Bray as part of Dublin Dance Festival
                                            6 June - Riverbank Arts Centre, Newbridge, Kildare

Although she didn’t know it, renowned dancer Emma O’Kane has been preparing for this show most of her life. Emma had never ridden a horse before but the first time she did she realized that all her years of dance training had prepared her well. She became fascinated by the similarities between jockeys and dancers, both honing the same muscles, both so physical, needing the same stamina, the intensity of training, striving to be the best and that same rush adrenaline of performing or riding in a race.

Not only that but the first time she went near a horse the trainer told her she was a natural, that horse racing was in her blood. Although Emma discounted the idea some research unearthed the fact that her grandfather Phillip de Burgh O' Brien who died before she was born, had been a bloodstock agent and racing journalist. From Phillip’s writings to Emma’s own experience of recently learning to ride a racehorse, Jockey explores the physical relationship between the dancer, the jockey and the Irish thoroughbred horse.

This extraordinary piece is the culmination of a year-long collaboration between WillFredd Theatre, Emma O’Kane and the Irish Racing Community.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                              Posting this in the Our Conor thread as i feel there is an opportunity to build a market on how good or otherwise this will be...

WillFredd Theatre presents the world premiere of
                                              JOCKEY

Exploring the physical relationship between the dancer, the jockey and the Irish thoroughbred horse.

Directed by Sophie Motley. Co-created with Emma O’Kane
                                              15 & 16 May - VISUAL, Carlow
                                              20, 21 & 22 May – Samuel Beckett Theatre as part of Dublin Dance Festival
                                              28 May - Mermaid Arts Centre, Bray as part of Dublin Dance Festival
                                              6 June - Riverbank Arts Centre, Newbridge, Kildare

Although she didn’t know it, renowned dancer Emma O’Kane has been preparing for this show most of her life. Emma had never ridden a horse before but the first time she did she realized that all her years of dance training had prepared her well. She became fascinated by the similarities between jockeys and dancers, both honing the same muscles, both so physical, needing the same stamina, the intensity of training, striving to be the best and that same rush adrenaline of performing or riding in a race.

Not only that but the first time she went near a horse the trainer told her she was a natural, that horse racing was in her blood. Although Emma discounted the idea some research unearthed the fact that her grandfather Phillip de Burgh O' Brien who died before she was born, had been a bloodstock agent and racing journalist. From Phillip’s writings to Emma’s own experience of recently learning to ride a racehorse, Jockey explores the physical relationship between the dancer, the jockey and the Irish thoroughbred horse.

This extraordinary piece is the culmination of a year-long collaboration between WillFredd Theatre, Emma O’Kane and the Irish Racing Community.
                                              This is too long. Can you give me the horses name and where it is running , I've got Jordan Spieth money buring a hole in my vrtual pocket.

Comment

One from the tracker - Awesome Star 505 Limerick. My notes at the time say the race LTO was very strong and to back it next time out. Don't usually like backing them without a run but will take the chance today. Good luck me

Comment

I think the 11/4 about lucky beggar in the 1555 Newbury tomorrow is a bit generous. He ran well on seasonal debut in a listed race at Doncaster , pulled hard as the pace was too slow over 6f and got badly bumped as he tried to switch wide . His main market rival robot boy ran well in a group race at the curragh last year but has always struggled off this high a mark in hcaps.

Comment

Lad that gave me a winner on Sunday has texted me Realdealholyfield in the 6.55 Fairyhouse 2mrw in the 6.55. Seems to be a good ew price. 12s on PP only 15/2 on 365.
                                                    Last edited by Dice75; 21-04-15, 20:47.

Comment

Jesus how inspirational is Robbie Mc's attitude on the latest FF podcast... Think I'd be hating the world for a solid few months in his position.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Sad to hear Davy Condon has had to retire. Seriously under rated jockey. One ride that stands out for me would have to be the ride to win the Ladbroke in Ascot. There are plenty more examples. Sure he'll be a success in whatever career path he takes up ...

Comment

One bet this eve, going heavy on Mystic Princess in Kilbegan @2/1

Comment

AP McCoy feted appropriately. To think back where i first seen this man in operation. GAB says it best in the podcast. You always know when GAB is emotional a mile out!, its in the delay!.

Comment

Whats the fancies for punchestown fellas?

Comment

Kylestyle meant to have a good e.w chance in the 1st in Punchestown

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                  Kylestyle meant to have a good e.w chance in the 1st in Punchestown
                                                                  Word from the yard is that today has been the plan for a while, god be with the days when info like this coming from Flood's was always spot on.
                                                                  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post
                                                                    Word from the yard is that today has been the plan for a while, god be with the days when info like this coming from Flood's was always spot on.
                                                                    well hears hoping.
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                      well hears hoping.
                                                                      +1

Comment

Hmmm, 50/1 shot romps home. Think I'll leave Punchestown alone for the rest of the week

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                          Hmmm, 50/1 shot romps home. Think I'll leave Punchestown alone for the rest of the week
                                                                          Ah it'll be grand, shur were ya not on the 33-1 winner in the 1st

Comment

Interview with Harold Kirk on RTE was very interesting, that is a man who really knows his job.

Comment

On a Jolly in Punchestown tomorrow. Out of touch these days. Anything stand out for a nibble folks ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                I've backed Subtle Ben @ 33/1 EW in the 6.05 Handicap Hurdle, I think he will give you a good spin for your money.
                                                                                No interest in no 4?
                                                                                48

Comment

Originally posted by PokerPiper View Post
                                                                                  On a Jolly in Punchestown tomorrow. Out of touch these days. Anything stand out for a nibble folks ?
                                                                                  I've backed Pepparpot in the first.

Comment

Lt Colonel to make it a proper test please.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                      I've backed Subtle Ben @ 33/1 EW in the 6.05 Handicap Hurdle, I think he will give you a good spin for your money.
                                                                                      Give me a break running in the same race

Comment

Comment

I'm usually one for laying these ultra short favs but Faugheen at 1.2 for this is probably the best value price its ever been.

Comment

Big day tomorrow for Jennies Jewel as she turns out to have another go at turning over Annie Power.
                                                                                            the raw numbers would say she has a bit too find over Katie t, rock on the moor and analieft But there plenty of reasons for optimism. She is in great form, has worked very well, the scare after the fairyhouse race didn't appear to affect her at all and the forecast is showing an amount of rain that will do no harm at all.

One time.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Big day tomorrow for Jennies Jewel as she turns out to have another go at turning over Annie Power.
                                                                                              the raw numbers would say she has a bit too find over Katie t, rock on the moor and analieft But there plenty of reasons for optimism. She is in great form, has worked very well, the scare after the fairyhouse race didn't appear to affect her at all and the forecast is showing an amount of rain that will do no harm at all.

One time.
                                                                                              Annie Power is a monster, she's been campaigned atrociously. She's be the stable star at any other stable. But I can't see why she couldn't run second, doesn't really know how to run a bad race.

Comment

80/1 about Cappello Sansevero looks hard to turn down in the 2000. Never an easy race to access but trail form from this year look underwhelming, perhaps Territories win aside. Gleneagles not attracting the support past few days of one whos been working the house down. Good race to have a ew fancy at a big price imo.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                  80/1 about Cappello Sansevero looks hard to turn down in the 2000. Never an easy race to access but trail form from this year look underwhelming, perhaps Territories win aside. Gleneagles not attracting the support past few days of one whos been working the house down. Good race to have a ew fancy at a big price imo.
                                                                                                  is andrea atzeni switching onto him as elm pulled out due to gf ground?

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                    is andrea atzeni switching onto him as elm pulled out due to gf ground?
                                                                                                    Haven't heard anything yet, you'd think the Qatary lads would want that though.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                      Haven't heard anything yet, you'd think the Qatary lads would want that though.
                                                                                                      good enough for me to have a pop at 80s, big fan of Andrea, only concern was his last and only race on gf was a no show

Comment

Atzeni on Cappella alright.
                                                                                                        Glad to see the rain has come for Jennies. GL Strewel & team!

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                          good enough for me to have a pop at 80s, big fan of Andrea, only concern was his last and only race on gf was a no show
                                                                                                          Yeah wouldn't be my only concern tbf, the trip would have to be close to his limit if not too far so we'll see. They actually watered the ground a good bit overnight so closer to good now apparently, funnily it was something Ger was moaning about on Twitter recently but it may play in his favour today.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

If it helps a delivery drivers helper told the brother Annie Power is going to be turned over because of the conditions.
                                                                                                            Go on the Jennies!

Comment

Backing a French horse here, must need my head examined.

Comment

Ol' Man River a specimen, beautiful looking horse.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Pinsticking 1,000 Guineas this year. Redstart @ 12s but as wide open a Classic as I can remember.

Comment

Fadhayil for a wee bet.
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Stuck 3 x Doubles, 1 x Treble on 3 horses today (Bet365), but Brighton was cancelled.

I'm guessing that the treble is now a double, and 2 of the doubles will be void meaning i'll get them refunded?

Comment

Excellent guessing

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                                          Excellent guessing
                                                                                                                          Just checking incase there's some Rule 4.2.3 that i don't know about!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X