Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    It's bad, but it's not the worst a person can do. Think McGregor.
    Pretty bad tbf.

Using McGregor here is the sporting equivalent of Godwin's Law.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Tiger has come a long way from being arrested for a DUI to winning another major after barely being able to walk.

I’ve heard plenty of stories of his cuntishness but he looks like he’s trying to rectify the mistakes of the past.

GOAT fuck the haters
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Pretty bad tbf.

Using McGregor here is the sporting equivalent of Godwin's Law.
        Ha! True.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
          Tiger has come a long way from being arrested for a DUI to winning another major after barely being able to walk.

I’ve heard plenty of stories of his cuntishness but he looks like he’s trying to rectify the mistakes of the past.

GOAT fuck the haters
          The sky interviewer last night asked him 'will you need to keep thoughts of a fifth green jacket out of your mind tomorrow?'

Tiger laughed and said 'that's what it's all about'

Keeping thoughts of winning out of your mind is what mortals do.

CLUTCH

Comment

Pretty bad tbf.
            If there is no violence or coercion and all involved are consenting adults it would all seem fairly standard and wouldn't be much of a story if it wasn't for who he is.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

You wonder how many kids he has out there jealous of the privileged 2 he didn't abandon.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                You wonder how many kids he has out there jealous of the privileged 2 he didn't abandon.
                I love yiz but will ye fuck off the pair of you. Bleedin squib dampers.

Comment

RDIII banned for trolling

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    I love yiz but will ye fuck off the pair of you. Bleedin squib dampers.
                    You having trouble seperating the genius from the man. He's mates with Trump too if that helps.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Anyway, auld lads in the forties winning things. I can drink to that.

I backed Webb Simpson e/w @ 80s (1/4 odds, 7 places) with Ladbrokes and he finished tied for 5th-8th.

Having never cashed a golf bet before, what do I get paid? Is it 80/1 *1/4 * 3/4 places?
                      I think 3/4's the stake * 20/1

Comment

Currently in the 3 arena at Sean Mendes. Jesus he is fucking good!!
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

Never heard of him.

Comment

He was running off to bang three-bit whores every chance he got, leaving the wife and kids at home.

Maybe that's OK, I don't know anymore.
                            Mater, the Latin word for mother, is the root word of materialism. How did we ever get the idea that women are spiritual and men are materialistic?...Rich Zu...

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              If there is no violence or coercion and all involved are consenting adults it would all seem fairly standard and wouldn't be much of a story if it wasn't for who he is.
                              Your defence of President Trump is duly noted.

Comment

Your defence of President Trump is duly noted.
                                Violence and coercion are his MO.

Comment

Violence and coercion are his MO.
                                  Money, when it comes to the hoes. Ask Stormy.

Is it 'hos' or 'hoes'? Paging Kayroo.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 14-04-19, 22:07.

Comment

Brother bet on 3 people , the lads came 1st, 2nd and 5th. Not bad going. He's had the option to cash out for double his money since yesterday, never knew that's was a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                          Brother bet on 3 people , the lads came 1st, 2nd and 5th. Not bad going. He's had the option to cash out for double his money since yesterday, never knew that's was a thing.
                                          Pfft, mine came 2nd and 5th. And that was based solely on them being American with stupid names. If only I had recalled that Tiger is a stupid name too, I'd be booking flights to Paris to stay in a modestly-priced hotel.

Comment

Pfft, mine came 2nd and 5th. And that was based solely on them being American with stupid names. If only I had recalled that Tiger is a stupid name too, I'd be booking flights to Paris to stay in a modestly-priced hotel.
                                            At least Tiger was a nickname. I pity the kids that have it as their given name. Though Eldrick it pretty bad unless you're from the distant past.
                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                              At least Tiger was a nickname. I pity the kids that have it as their given name. Though Eldrick it pretty bad unless you're from the distant past.
                                              Did not know that. Eldrick Woods.

Doesn't have quite the same pizzazz

Comment

'Odd lawsuit of the week' award.

Whose side are we on here?

Comment

Isn’t your name Glynn?
                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                    Isn’t your name Glynn?
                                                    No. And I'm also not American.

Comment

Property tax question - this is our first year paying it so not sure of the ins & outs. When the letter came in to say we were liable it had an estimate of the house value for to put us in a LPT band. We bought the house last year for a price that puts us in the next band up.

Am I supposed to inform them that the house is now worth more so I owe more, or is this one of those things I seem to remember hearing about where the liability is frozen at the moment based on some old valuation?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                        Property tax question - this is our first year paying it so not sure of the ins & outs. When the letter came in to say we were liable it had an estimate of the house value for to put us in a LPT band. We bought the house last year for a price that puts us in the next band up.

Am I supposed to inform them that the house is now worth more so I owe more, or is this one of those things I seem to remember hearing about where the liability is frozen at the moment based on some old valuation?
                                                        It's frozen, don't change it.

Comment

I think the tax you pay is based on the old valuation of your property in like 2013? Can't remember.

Comment

can't be 100% sure how it works in Ireland, but in the UK, it's based on how much the house was worth at a particular point in time (actually based on some valuation point in the 90s). i'd imagine it's the same in Ireland?

Comment

Yeah that sounds right, thanks guys.

Comment

According to Revenue, I live in a caravan without wheels

The longer it's frozen, the better for me

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                  According to Revenue, I live in a caravan without wheels

The longer it's frozen, the better for me
                                                                  Pretty sure there will be a re-rating for 2020. A lot of people's LPT will probably double as a result (I know mine goes up by about 140%).

Although no doubt our politicians will find a way to reduce it with an election due.

Comment

He was running off to bang three-bit whores every chance he got, leaving the wife and kids at home.

Maybe that's OK, I don't know anymore.
                                                                    Only mistake he made was getting married. He well paid the price at the time for his actions. There can't be a life sentence for everything
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

No. And I'm also not American.
                                                                      Lol. I’ve been calling you that for years in my head then. Sorry mate. Thought it was weird you calling oul Webb and Xander.
                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Money, when it comes to the hoes. Ask Stormy.
                                                                        Speaking of her, I almost fell out with a syndicate we have over the naming of a horse recently. Looking at the pedigree there's Danehill and Storm cat on the page, this filly has a bit of a temperament and Danehills being renowned for being placid individuals the name 'Stormy Danehills' emerged, I thought it was a super name but it didn't pass (I think one lad wasn't willing to explain to his kids why its such a great name )

Comment

Speaking of her, I almost fell out with a syndicate we have over the naming of a horse recently. Looking at the pedigree there's Danehill and Storm cat on the page, this filly has a bit of a temperament and Danehills being renowned for being placid individuals the name 'Stormy Danehills' emerged, I thought it was a super name but it didn't pass (I think one lad wasn't willing to explain to his kids why its such a great name )
                                                                          Brilliant. GAB currently registering that name I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                            Only mistake he made was getting married. He well paid the price at the time for his actions. There can't be a life sentence for everything
                                                                            There is more than one party here, lack of concern for wife and kids noted.

It is very similar to the McGregor stuff, in terms of the apologism.

Comment

I think the big difference is the actual apology from tiger. He clearly felt embarrassed and sorry for what happened - or at least acted like it.

Tough to sell a redemption story without contrition. I also don’t think there are many McGregor apologists left at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                don’t think there are many McGregor apologists left at this stage.
                                                                                Probably hanging out with the Lance Armstrong fan club.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                  Lol. I’ve been calling you that for years in my head then. Sorry mate. Thought it was weird you calling oul Webb and Xander.
                                                                                  I thinks It’s Glyn. Probably meant to be Glen but the pen slipped. Or just posh.

Comment

Also genuinely beginning to think El Stuntman isn’t trolling and these may be his honest opinions.

That would drop him below Droolpeter

Comment

Not at all, but I feel he's been punished enough and has apologised. I still love him as a sports star but wouldn't go out with him.

You should be comparing us to Giggs apologists tho. You'd get more bites
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

It is pretty hilarious how Tiger is still loved by all cause his sex addiction was an ''illness'' and his drug habits were prescription meds. Poor Tiger couldn't help it, he was ill.

He was a whore mad scumbag like any other he just did it the rich posh boy way.

Still class to see him win though.

Comment

Yikes ! Notre dame is burning down

Comment

...

Comment

GoT new season

SPOILER
                                                                                              Anyone gonna do Bran a solid and roll him out of the courtyard?

SPOILER
                                                                                              Jaime's always happy to give him a push.

SPOILER
                                                                                              Bran: ( ͡° _ʖ ͡°)
                                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 15-04-19, 18:53.

Comment

The real final of University Challenge on now

Galfinlkos v Leo, gonna be epic

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                  GoT new season
                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                    I thanked your post so people will get curious.

Comment

...Will be starting GOT season 4 tomorrow...Plan is to be up to date before 2nd last episode, then watch it just before the finale...Probably gonna come off social networks and life until I catch up...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          Ah that's terrible about the Notre Dame.

Guess on direct translation Notre Dame means 'our lady'. Always seemed a more regal title than its translation
                                                                                                          It's our lady of Paris. Very regal

They've been renovating it for the last 10 years. Looks like the fire started in the renovations /scaffolding. Fucking muppets!

Comment

Jesus Christ that Notre Dame fire is the most depressing thing I can remember happening in a long time.

Comment

Jesus Christ that Notre Dame fire is the most depressing thing I can remember happening in a long time.
                                                                                                              Yeah . Horrific. Trump putting both feet in his mouth again. His fire fighting advise legendary at this stage. Waiting for him to compare to what Finland would have done...rake?

Comment

Only last night with my rewatching of The Sopranos I caught this Notre Dame scene:
                                                                                                                "The Sopranos" For All Debts Public and Private (2002) Bobby "Bacala" Baccalieri: Mom started going downhill after the World Trade Center. You know Quasimodo...

Comment

This will cheer you up...

Comment

Can't say I share the same affinity for Roman Catholic buildings as the seemingly endless amount of cathedral enthusiasts out there.
                                                                                                                    Found the suspended sentence France's cardinal Barbarin got very recently a far more depressing revalation. Bit of structural damage to the Notre Dame can be mended unlike the damage to all those victims.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Can't say I share the same affinity for Roman Catholic buildings as the seemingly endless amount of cathedral enthusiasts out there.
                                                                                                                      Found the suspended sentence France's cardinal Barbarin got very recently a far more depressing revalation. Bit of structural damage to the Notre Dame can be mended unlike the damage to all those victims.
                                                                                                                      Barca setting the standard imo:

finally nearing completion too...just the 150 years or so

Comment

You are comparing bad apples with oranges. I doubt most of the world are bemoaning the loss to Catholicism. How would you feel if st Patricks or Christchurch burnt down

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                          You are comparing bad apples with oranges. I doubt most of the world are bemoaning the loss to Catholicism. How would you feel if st Patricks or Christchurch burnt down
                                                                                                                          Similarly apathetic. Beyond the aesthetic beauty what do they actually stand for? Odious symbols of wealth, fear and power.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X