Pokerstars ruling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pokerstars ruling?

Just playing a mtt to pass some time on stars there, saw something odd to me,

Im bb in hand 1, the sb is knocked out in the hand, and the button for hand two automatically skips to me (allowing me to skip posting a sb)

I know in cash games every hand needs to have a player at the button, but in an MTT?
    Is this new or am I years out of date?
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Im bb in hand 1, the sb is knocked out in the hand, and the button for hand two automatically skips to me (allowing me to skip posting a sb)

I know in cash games every hand needs to have a player at the button, but in an MTT?
    Every other site impliments the dead sb rule but not stars, never has. Mtt, stt, cash games all have that rule. Not sure if any other site has the same rule but none spring to mind anyway
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

There should be a BB on his own. PS don't do this. No idea why.
      There's still a button in either case, it just stays where it is when its BB on his own.

Comment

Saving a sb was probably the high point of the tourney for you...
        "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

I noticed that a long time ago too.

I do not know why they do not fix that !? it is not correct to be that way.

On a shortstack turbo tourny , the shortest stack missed BB 2 times for 2 orbits and got into the prizepool

Comment

Originally posted by k_rukov View Post
            I noticed that a long time ago too.

I do not know why they do not fix that !? it is not correct to be that way.

On a shortstack turbo tourny , the shortest stack missed BB 2 times for 2 orbits and got into the prizepool
            As far as I can tell they just wanted uniform rules between cash tables and tourneys.
            It's not ideal.
            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

i beg you a pardon - uniform ?

like universal ? sorry i am not English , and uniform is like a "suit" or work uniform in the dictionary .

Comment

I mean 'same' rules for both cash and tournaments.
                It was probably easier for the software developers or something.

I've never seen that 'button skip' in any live or any other online tournament.
                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I queried them about this way back (2007 maybe) and they said it's the way tournaments are played in North America. Sounded like bolix.

Regardless it creates some interesting situations in STTs (or final tables of MTTs).
                  e.g, SB openpushes into your BB, you need to add an extra SB to your pot odds as if you call and win you skip the SB in the next hand and become button.

Ditto when you are UTG, if the BB is critically shortstacked you should open ever so slightly wider than normal as if you knock the BB out you skip BB and become SB next hand.

Applies even more if the blinds are going to go up during the hand as a 'skip' becomes even more valuable.

Comment

Working...
                  X