Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    Anyone who still likes having a look at a bit of poker might see a certain IPB member in Brazil shortly (after the break)....

https://www.twitch.tv/partypokertv
    Why does Sam Grafton have an Irish flag?
    Brexit passport?

Edit: corrected now
    Last edited by newbie2; 19-03-19, 01:42.

Comment

Come on Hitch, where's the spam?!
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
        Anyone who still likes having a look at a bit of poker might see a certain IPB member in Brazil shortly (after the break)....

https://www.twitch.tv/partypokertv
        Who was it? I put it on for a while last night but couldn't see anyone I knew.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
            Who was it? I put it on for a while last night but couldn't see anyone I knew.
            In an effort to disassociate names and usernames

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
            Same, turned it off mid ep 2 thinking this is tripe.
            Only watched a bit but to flop a FH against table lunatic and not get paid must have been frustrating
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Only watched a bit but to flop a FH against table lunatic and not get paid must have been frustrating
              I'd say the quads hand was even more heartbreaking. Terribad runout

Comment

If your into electro music in any way check out the Blaze. They were so good at EP, decided to come to Berlin for them. Magical live show.

Comment

I'm going to switch from W7 to W10 at home, since it's going to be forced on me in work.

I've an old small SSD with W7 on it, I have a new SSD that I'm gonna add to the PC. I was gonna download the ISO to my HDD, add the new SSD and do a fresh install on that. Maybe uninstall W7 from the old one then at some point in the future.

Any reason to do something different?

Comment

Considering you want to be using the large SSD as your OS drive I see no reason not to do what you are doing. otherwise you could have upgraded from within W7 on the old drive and kept your files etc.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                      I'd say the quads hand was even more heartbreaking. Terribad runout
                      Didn't see that, what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                        If your into electro music in any way check out the Blaze. They were so good at EP, decided to come to Berlin for them. Magical live show.
                        What is electro music these days? That term has been thrown around for a few genres over the years
                        airport, lol

Comment

You couldn't make this shit up

The new sponsor of Team Sky are a company called Ineos
                          this is their logo

Comment

Anyone ever been to Sofia?

Looking to do another city type break with Mia in June, Sofia flights cheap, hotels for half nothing. But doesn't seem to be a whole pile of sightseeing to do.
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Didn't see that, what happened?
                              I had a couple of drinks so details are sketchy.

UTG +1 raises with As9s ?
                              Folded around to San on SB, calls with 88 ?
                              Flop 8h8sAh
                              Check
                              Check
                              Turn Xh
                              SB Checks
                              UTG+1 bets
                              SB calls
                              Turn brick
                              SB checks
                              UTG +1 Checks behind

Something like that

Comment

Where's good for travel insurance? Need some for my mother for the US.

I note that the insurance I see go up to like 10 million+ for health costs, how much exactly is healthcare overseas! I wasn't bothered getting travel insurance as my health insurance covered me up to €100,000
                                and repatriation of 1 million, apparently that's not great!
                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 19-03-19, 14:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                  Where's good for travel insurance? Need some for my mother for the US.

I note that the insurance I see go up to like 10 million+ for health costs, how much exactly is healthcare overseas! I wasn't bothered getting travel insurance as my health insurance covered me up to €100,000
                                  and repatriation of 1 million, apparently that's not great!
                                  Just FYI, my wife was sick a few years ago, her intenstines got twisted in a knot, went into hospital, had one surgery, then had to have a second surgery as they found another twist. In hospital for 22 days. Grand total of almost $600,000.

USA is one country not to mess around with insurance wise if you're going to be there for a long time. anything other than life or death I'd just fly back to europe

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                    The sherbet tastes delicious. Just polished off a homemade Greek lamb and Red pepper casserole from the Rick Stein recipe made by the brother. Rarely tasted anything more delicious. Unbelievable!
                                    Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...with_94069/amp

That this one? Thanks. Looking for something to cook guests on Sunday!.
                                    Sent the missus a link for this the other day and she made it last night, just had it again for dinner and its absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the tip

Comment

Interesting Freudian slip in the RTE Sport article about McCarthy's first ever XI.

Comment

Comment

Really struggling to see how Paris is the most expensive city to live in in the world. I'm always amazed when I go there how cheap supermarkets are, boulangerie, rents, transport, restaurants, even property Compared to London or dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            Where are ye paying for the lamb? Costs a fortune here. Maybe €40 a kilo.
                                            Get it off the local butcher, same guy that does the unbelievably good smoked black pudding, and he does it for €12 a kilo. Everything he has is excellent so dont mind paying a little extra. Tesco have a kilo of lamb chunks for €8 for comparison

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                              Sent the missus a link for this the other day and she made it last night, just had it again for dinner and its absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the tip
                                              Fair play to her, yeah its excellent isnt it. Wonder did Silver-Tiger do it yet. Pictures from tother day.
                                              Edit to add he didnt have any aubergine in!. This might get Lazares cooking juices going in a few hours when he starts up the burners!
                                              SPOILER

SPOILER
                                              Last edited by rounders123; 19-03-19, 19:38.

Comment

She cooked the recipe as it was so we had aubergine, never had it before but was very good. I didn't ask for the potato gratin, didn't want to push my luck lol so maybe some Sunday I'll make the whole lot.

Comment

Brexit, eh?

Barnier nailing them in that wonderfully supercilious French way.

Comment

Can't wait to hear Trump's denouement

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        Not sure rents are that cheap - aren't they outrageously expensive? I guess this are expat surveys, so include cost of private school (still admittedly cheap by London standards). Maybe it also is based on disposable income, which is way less in France than in London. So proportionately everything costs more.
                                                        Aintree Tipping Comps are also cheaper than elsewhere.

Of course, for customer satisfaction, it's always best to go with the original and best.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                          Get it off the local butcher, same guy that does the unbelievably good smoked black pudding, and he does it for €12 a kilo. Everything he has is excellent so dont mind paying a little extra. Tesco have a kilo of lamb chunks for €8 for comparison
                                                          Butchering cost alone is 4-5 a kg here @8 a kg there's not a cent for the farmer. People have such little value for the skills and talents of farming in this country....its grim.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                            What is electro music these days? That term has been thrown around for a few genres over the years
                                                            Unlike days of yore where print music journalists usually had the privilege of naming genres (rightly or wrongly) and at best you'd get a new one every few weeks usually it's now left to Spotify and they need a never-ending stream of names for playlist-style 'genres' and don't really care about what people think if they recycle the same names over and over again.

The Blaze sound to me like a cross between Faithless and Sophie Elis Bextor. Surely this sound is just mainstream pop these days? Its fairly bland if inoffensive stuff. Good videos mind you and the producers seem like decent guys.

It's no Kraftwerk though (or Drexciya or Egyptian Lover or Carl Finlow or Decal).

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              Brexit, eh?

Barnier nailing them in that wonderfully supercilious French way.
                                                              What do we think the chances are of no flights in/out/thru London in April?

Comment

Who did it better

Brady family ham taking their Republican shtick to a new low level

And Alan Partridge casually singing rebel songs on prime time television.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                  Tesco would be butchering/bulk packaging the stuff you pick off the shelves at a range of c.€0.22 to €0.28 per KG for beef, lamb surely in the same range if not cheaper I'd have thought, like €4 - €5 for butchering lamb in bulk seems pretty pricey.
                                                                  I heard someone on the radio, probably a farmer putting on on beal beocht, claiming that there was just €17 profit in rearing a lamb from conception to slaughter. Hard to see how that could be worthwhile for all the work involved

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post
                                                                    Butchering cost alone is 4-5 a kg here @8 a kg there's not a cent for the farmer. People have such little value for the skills and talents of farming in this country....its grim.
                                                                    I try to buy from my butcher as often as possible for fresh beef, lamb and pork. Its much better quality anyway so worth the bit extra like I said. If I was throwing a lasagne together or something I'd probably just pick up something in tesco.

Added lovely touch of the butcher throwing in a few bones for the dogs every now and then too so keep going back to him.

Comment

Last Saturday morning on RTE 1 Countrywide. The poor farmers.
                                                                      Poor farmers me bollix.

Poor bookies. How can they possibly compete with the wonders of the IPB Aintree 2019 Tipping Competition.

Comment

I heard someone on the radio, probably a farmer putting on on beal beocht, claiming that there was just €17 profit in rearing a lamb from conception to slaughter. Hard to see how that could be worthwhile for all the work involved
                                                                        Reminds me of the Cavan tyre importer who once told me he only made €1 per tyre profit when they retailed for €95 plus

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                          Reminds me of the Cavan tyre importer who once told me he only made €1 per tyre profit when they retailed for €95 plus
                                                                          In the eighties I was turning over a million quids worth of white goods at a gross margin of 2.5% , VAT was 35%
                                                                          The plan was to turn over another million at c.33% it worked great until is didn't and then it went horribly wrong. Crazy times

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                              Unlike days of yore where print music journalists usually had the privilege of naming genres (rightly or wrongly) and at best you'd get a new one every few weeks usually it's now left to Spotify and they need a never-ending stream of names for playlist-style 'genres' and don't really care about what people think if they recycle the same names over and over again.

The Blaze sound to me like a cross between Faithless and Sophie Elis Bextor. Surely this sound is just mainstream pop these days? Its fairly bland if inoffensive stuff. Good videos mind you and the producers seem like decent guys.

It's no Kraftwerk though (or Drexciya or Egyptian Lover or Carl Finlow or Decal).
                                                                              There's not much worse than hearing two hipsters arguing over which house sub genre is playing at a gig
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Taking concert experience to new highs with Darude's sandstorm, a plane fireworks and shooting lazers at the crowd

Comment

Anyone have any good lists of quiz questions? I have to prepare one for a work thing on Thursday!

Comment

Tesco would be butchering/bulk packaging the stuff you pick off the shelves at a range of c.€0.22 to €0.28 per KG for beef, lamb surely in the same range if not cheaper I'd have thought, like €4 - €5 for butchering lamb in bulk seems pretty pricey.
                                                                                      Thats the I have 3 lambs in a trailer I'd like 'em in freezer bags type price so a lot more at the retail end. I would guess lamb butchering is more expensive due to the small carcass making it a more cumbersome process per kg. Its also per bagged kg in case thats a factor.

On the price thing if a farmer kills a lamb at 40kg he probably ends up with 18-20kg of mixed cuts. Maybe 200 of average retail value. Farmer gets about 90 of that at the factory gate for which he can expect to have incurred something like 60-70 in fixed and variable cost. A bit less for lowland sheep farmers probably. Seems like theres probably more money in wrapping meat in plastic or retailing it than rearing the animals.

By in large I think what you hear about Irish people valuing quality food production is nonsense. I would guess lots of people couldn't taste the difference between mutton and lamb these days either!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                        Anyone have any good lists of quiz questions? I have to prepare one for a work thing on Thursday!
                                                                                        Did one lately with 2 picture rounds. Identify these 10 famous bridges and these 10 cartoon characters. Most well received picture rounds I can remember. Everyone knew some of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post
                                                                                          I would guess lots of people couldn't taste the difference between mutton and lamb these days either!
                                                                                          Tomasz Schafernaker: ”Until my mid-30s, I had no ideathat lambs were in fact baby sheep." Series 12 Episode 4. The guests are Scarlett Moffatt, Big Narstie, ...
                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I’m pretty sure I have a few fully drafted quizzes somewhere on my laptop. I write quizzes for a couple of groups. What kinda thing you need?
                                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I have a Google doc with about 700 that started off as ones we got wrong and now has a load of random stuff I hear that I think might come up some time. I can happily share it with you but they are probably only good for two or three questions a round as they would be tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                Fair play to her, yeah its excellent isnt it. Wonder did Silver-Tiger do it yet. Pictures from tother day.
                                                                                                Edit to add he didnt have any aubergine in!. This might get Lazares cooking juices going in a few hours when he starts up the burners!
                                                                                                SPOILER

SPOILER
                                                                                                That looks great.

I didn't as i was told x and x that were coming over wouldn't eat lamb.
                                                                                                Infuriating.

Looks a fantastic dish though and will be making shortly.

Comment

I have a Google doc with about 700 that started off as ones we got wrong and now has a load of random stuff I hear that I think might come up some time. I can happily share it with you but they are probably only good for two or three questions a round as they would be tricky.
                                                                                                  Fire up a few questions that we might exercise the auld brain cells.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                    I’m pretty sure I have a few fully drafted quizzes somewhere on my laptop. I write quizzes for a couple of groups. What kinda thing you need?
                                                                                                    +1

I've written loads of quizzes for our company, pub quizzes and home quizzes. I generally aim for the winning the team to get ~75% of questions right, but it's about knowing your audience too.

You'll need to know beforehand how many rounds you want, how you're going to deliver the questions/answers, how long you want it to last, when breaks/food happen, whether you're using any visual rounds, if there's music rounds, have tiebreakers prepared etc, so if you need any help give me a shout.

Comment

Fire up a few questions that we might exercise the auld brain cells.
                                                                                                      What word in the Oxford English Dictionary has the most definitions?

(No googling)
                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Phone question time again.

Oneplus 5 Screen cracked. 20 months old and still ticking over lovely.
                                                                                                        It's €160 to get the screen repaired.

Should i pay up to 300 for another phone instead?

Was going to wait until summer to but oneplus 7 but not sure there is any need to pay > €450 for any phone anymore.

Comment

You can do it yourself pretty easily for €60 https://www.ebay.ie/itm/With-Frame-F...8AAOSwPxVbXSVj

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                              What word in the Oxford English Dictionary has the most definitions?

(No googling)
                                                                                                              Wow. No idea! It'll be some short multi-purpose word?

Comment

If any of you quiz writers would be willing to send me on your questions for practice I'd be much obliged.

Comment

Wow. No idea! It'll be some short multi-purpose word?
                                                                                                                  I had to google it. It's a word of the sort you describe but I think you would have to have heard of the question before to get it, would be pretty hard to fluke.

Comment

Changed my mind now for a city break decided 3rd June ish for 3 nights London. Flights dirt cheap but fucking hotels huge prices....anyone recommend something not a million miles outside for a reasonable price.
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                      Changed my mind now for a city break decided 3rd June ish for 3 nights London. Flights dirt cheap but fucking hotels huge prices....anyone recommend something not a million miles outside for a reasonable price.
                                                                                                                      I dont know how London compares but I usually look at hostelworld for private rooms, tends to be a lot cheaper than hotels.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                        You can do it yourself pretty easily for €60 https://www.ebay.ie/itm/With-Frame-F...8AAOSwPxVbXSVj
                                                                                                                        Thanks, Tar. Ordered that. Looking forward to cursing you when i'm trying to stick it back together.

Comment

If any of you quiz writers would be willing to send me on your questions for practice I'd be much obliged.
                                                                                                                          Ping me your email and i'll send you over a sample quiz after work.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X