Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed the tackle at the time, but this is pretty bad

Sam Cane and Ofa Tu'ungafasi are yet to face any action for a sickening double-high tackle that has left Grosso stranded in New Zealand with a double facial fracture

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
      Missed the tackle at the time, but this is pretty bad

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8394041.html
      I saw it and thought it was a yellow and a red at the time. NO way that would happen though

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        He's been talking it since before I was born.
        How does absolutely free trade work outside of a political union?

Tariff and subsidy free trade?
        Historical examples on the back of a postcard please
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

You'd have to give me good odds on international trade being more open when Trump ceases being president Vs when he started so
          Well, it's less open now so I guess I would be tempted!

Hard to measure though?
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Why does every woman in the world need to have the shower water at boiling point . Me sunburn got scalded.

Comment

I forgot about your tin foil hat theories about Russia
              Not theories.....

Comment

Trudeau has fake eyebrows.

Comment

Jack and Denny - this system was designed by the US for the benefit of the US and for seven decades has guaranteed the US remains as the global leader on trade, finance, diplomacy, military power and soft power. It has allowed them to open any market they wish save for one or two notable exceptions.

The only way the US could lose their pre-eminence outside a devastating war would be if the relative percentages of global reserve currencies shifted hard against them or if they voluntarily gave up their position at the centre of the most sophisticated international system ever designed.

So, tell me again, how does dismantling that system - a system the Soviet Union spent 50 years trying to destroy - helps the United States?
                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                    Jack and Denny - this system was designed by the US for the benefit of the US and for seven decades has guaranteed the US remains as the global leader on trade, finance, diplomacy, military power and soft power. It has allowed them to open any market they wish save for one or two notable exceptions.

The only way the US could lose their pre-eminence outside a devastating war would be if the relative percentages of global reserve currencies shifted hard against them or if they voluntarily gave up their position at the centre of the most sophisticated international system ever designed.

So, tell me again, how does dismantling that system - a system the Soviet Union spent 50 years trying to destroy - helps the United States?
                    Increasing free trade is the goal. Canada for example charge 270% tariffs on milk products https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ump-off-at-g-7 It is actually President Trumps duty as the President to fight back against that. Increasing tariffs will bring the countries with unfair tariff regimes to the negotiation tables so that a deal can be made.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                      Draw for World Cup sweepstake here - http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...98&postcount=1
                      Last edited by Frank Gibney; 11-06-18, 21:19.
                      "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                      "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                        Increasing free trade is the goal. Canada for example charge 270% tariffs on milk products https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ump-off-at-g-7 It is actually President Trumps duty as the President to fight back against that. Increasing tariffs will bring the countries with unfair tariff regimes to the negotiation tables so that a deal can be made.
                        1. How is that tariff unfair in the broader context of their trade relationship?
                        2. How does this approach benefit the United States as a whole?
                        3. Why is the goal of increasing free trade axiomatically a positive?

Comment

Jesus Jack that article you cited doesn’t even support your position, it supports mine.

The US has a trade surplus with Canada on milk and only pays that tariff on milk above the agreed quota. The tariffs are effectively a milk subsidy like the subsidies the US gives its dairy farmers except done in a different way. This decision by Trump was even dumber than I thought, good article!

Comment

1. How is that tariff unfair in the broader context of their trade relationship?
                            2. How does this approach benefit the United States as a whole?
                            3. Why is the goal of increasing free trade axiomatically a positive?
                            Denny won't like you using his word against Trump . (Damian Thorn)

Comment

Jesus Jack that article you cited doesn’t even support your position, it supports mine.

The US has a trade surplus with Canada on milk and only pays that tariff on milk above the agreed quota. The tariffs are effectively a milk subsidy like the subsidies the US gives its dairy farmers except done in a different way. This decision by Trump was even dumber than I thought, good article!
                              The US model subsidies the farmer directly, the Canadian model punishes US importers. It is a subtle and important difference. Trudeau has a big interest in protecting his milk racket as 80% of the dairy farmers are in his powerbase (if he still has one). Interesting that President Trump has targeted that in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                I think you don't actually understand the article you linked

Comment

Thoughts on US sugar jack?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                    Dream draw, destiny that they win it for you now.

Soviet National Anthem with English and Russian lyrics, sung by the Red Army choir.Thank you for watching, please leave a like and favorite!

Comment

There's some great stuff on twitter about tomorrow's cover of the Sun in the UK. In fairness, it's very funny - the fact that their readership apparently has no idea that they are having the piss taken out of them is a bit depressing though.

Comment

The Loch Ness monster, a seagull and some sheep are my favourite bits #RuleBrittania

Comment

that is amazing

Comment

...Just realised that the summit begins in just under 2 hours...Think I'll have to stay awake and watch it...I'm so intrigued to see how this plays out...How do people think it'll play out... Part of me thinks it'll be all nice and happy, nothing major achieved and both will come out claiming victory...Another part of me thinks Kim will laugh at him and fire a missile in a few hours lol...Likely not but it'll be hilarious if he does another test...
                                            ...I also kinda fear that Trump is in a shite mood, is a prick to him and that'll be that, Kim goes all out crazy...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                that is amazing
                                                Late to the party, but welcome nonetheless Tony.
                                                "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

I see the strains of trying to be Trump's lead man on trade are potentially life-damaging. (although the years of coke abuse could be a factor too)

Careful Denny and jack!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    I see the strains of trying to be Trump's lead man on trade are potentially life-damaging. (although the years of coke abuse could be a factor too)

Careful Denny and jack!
                                                    Jeez, if you can't have a heart attack when you're 70 without slagging, when can you have one
                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

It appears the US-North Korea Agreement wasn't exactly groundbreaking.

The US gave North Korea significant security guarantees but North Korea gave the US absolutely nothing they hadn't already agreed to with South Korea in April.

A win for North Korea to be sure. A PR win for Trump maybe, although substantively he hasn't really achieved anything. In fact he probably proved the last 10 US Presidents right for refusing to negotiate with the regime unless certain pre-conditions were met as they didn't believe a summit could achieve anything meaningful without them.

Still I'm sure it'll be portrayed as some form of success by the administration.

Comment

Comment

Doyle Brunson quitting poker:

Doyle Brunson has announced his retirement from the game of poker. After 62 years of being a professional player, Texas Dolly will muck his cards one last time at the end of this summer when he says goodbye to the felt that has brought him success, fame, and an unrivaled legacy.

Currently 5/11 in the 10k 2-7 event at the WSOP, would be pretty special to go out with a bracelet.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            He seems to see international trade as a binary thing.
                                                            Someone has to win. Someone has to lose.
                                                            The idea of mutually beneficial agreements seems alien. If he's not fucking someone over a barrel, he feels he's being fucked.
                                                            International trade is mutual masturbation. At the very least one party gives the other a reacharound.
                                                            Why would you say that? Cause it's easier to present a strawman of what you think he thinks?

He's not against international trade, he's against the unlevel playing field. This is what he said 30 years ago.

Something is going to happen over the next number of years with this country because you can't keep on losing $200 billion (deficit at the time). And yet we let Japan come in and dump everything into our markets. It's not free trade. If you ever go to Japan right now and try to sell something, forget about it. Just forget about it. It's almost impossible. They don't have laws against it, they just make it impossible.

They come over here, they sell their cars, their VCRs, they knock the hell out of our companies. And, hey, I have tremendous respect for the Japanese people. I mean, you can respect somebody that's beating the hell out of you, but they are beating the hell out of this country.
                                                            Basic summary from the US Trade Representative's Report on China:

“Today, almost two decades after it pledged to support the multilateral trading system of the WTO, the Chinese government pursues a wide array of continually evolving interventionist policies and practices aimed at limiting market access for imported goods and services and foreign manufacturers and service suppliers.”
                                                            “China’s regulatory authorities do not allow U.S. companies to make their own decisions about technology transfer and the assignment or licensing of intellectual property rights. Instead, they continue to require or pressure foreign companies to transfer technology as a condition for securing investment or other approvals.”
                                                            “China is determined to maintain the state’s leading role in the economy and to continue to pursue industrial policies that promote, guide and support domestic industries while simultaneously and actively seeking to impede, disadvantage and harm their foreign counterparts, even though this approach is incompatible with the market-based approach expressly envisioned by WTO members and contrary to the fundamental principles running throughout the many WTO agreements.”
                                                            “Many of the policy tools being used by the Chinese government…are largely unprecedented, as other WTO members do not use them, and include a wide array of state intervention and support designed to promote the development of Chinese industry in large part by restricting, taking advantage of, discriminating against or otherwise creating disadvantages for foreign enterprises and their technologies, products and services.”
                                                            Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer on Trump:
                                                            Schumer praises Trump's trade crackdown:
                                                            Quote:
                                                            He added that "unfortunately, previous presidents, Democrat and Republican, just stood by as China did what it did to us. President Trump is exactly right."

Trump is expected to announce on Thursday new tariffs against China in light of an investigation into intellectual property theft.

Democrats have pressed Trump for months to get tougher on China. They were critical of his steel and aluminum tariffs in part because they felt they didn't do enough to target Beijing.

Schumer added on Thursday that he is "very pleased" with Trump's latest move. "I commend him," the Senate's top Democrat said.

"Today's announcement by the president will be a great start in that direction. Democrats, Republicans, Americans of ever political ideology, every region in the country should support these actions," he said.
                                                            I'd hazard a guess the reason why he talks about the trade deficit is not because he doesn't understand trade (he was far more prescient 30 years ago on this issue than Obama ever was), it's because it's a simple way to get the message across to Joe Public. Instead of talking about how China disadvantages foreign counterparts through unfair policy tools, it's far more effective to say how look at this big number, they're screwing us. And he's winning concessions that predecessors never did.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                              ...Just realised that the summit begins in just under 2 hours...Think I'll have to stay awake and watch it...I'm so intrigued to see how this plays out...How do people think it'll play out... Part of me thinks it'll be all nice and happy, nothing major achieved and both will come out claiming victory...Another part of me thinks Kim will laugh at him and fire a missile in a few hours lol...Likely not but it'll be hilarious if he does another test...
                                                              ...I also kinda fear that Trump is in a shite mood, is a prick to him and that'll be that, Kim goes all out crazy...

Comment

Need a bet settled with a mate....

I do a bet with Paddy Power on the US Open today on a player at 10/1. tomorrow he drifts to 11/1 and is 11/1 at start of the tournament.

Do I get best price?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

I do a bet with Paddy Power on the US Open today on a player at 10/1. tomorrow he drifts to 11/1 and is 11/1 at start of the tournament.

Do I get best price?
                                                                  Don’t think so. Only betstars did/do best odds guaranteed.
                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Why would you say that? Cause it's easier to present a strawman of what you think he thinks?
                                                                    I dont seem be alone in that assesment

"I believe in win-win situations. Sometimes I have the impression that the American president believes only one side can win and the other loses."

Merkel told German broadcaster ARD on Sunday that Trump's "withdrawal via Twitter is of course sobering and a little depressing."

She added: "I believe in win-win situations. Sometimes I have the impression that the American president believes only one side can win and the other loses. That is maybe the difference."
                                                                    I do appreciate the other points about China.
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Full transcript of the agreement

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                        Full transcript of the agreement

The oul bluff call by Trump

It's a complete surrender to the North Koreans who walk away with a vague non verifiable denuclearisation and everything they could possibly have dreamed of and the orange buffoon gets a good press conference where he is photoshopped to look skinny.

Meanwhile a real global player's strongly supervised verifiable nuclear weapons programme decommissioning is thrown away in favour of war but then the Iranians don't do blingy looking press conferences.

The stupidity is very great.

Comment

Sonar eve, very excited.
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                            Sonar eve, very excited.
                                                                            Nice. Wouldn't be up to it anymore but younger me is jealous

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

Do I get best price?
                                                                              No just the horse.

Deffo not in golf. But it certainly was for a stage, maybe 8 years ago.

Elbows who you like this week.

I've thrown small darts at Louis, Jimmy W, Webb, RCB and Bradley.

Main bet is Rahm.

Tough to pick a winner. Should be a great one to watch.

Comment

My pace isn't what it was but I'll give it a good go, also booked off till Thursday to cry
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                  No just the horse.

Deffo not in golf. But it certainly was for a stage, maybe 8 years ago.

Elbows who you like this week.

I've thrown small darts at Louis, Jimmy W, Webb, RCB and Bradley.

Main bet is Rahm.

Tough to pick a winner. Should be a great one to watch.
                                                                                  I backed Kaymer at 175/1 as I thought he was going to win in Italy. Think he still has some demons so not convinced as much.

Having caddied in Shinnecock on my J1 I really want to get this winner.

It’s looking like being firm and fast and wind should be a factor especially on Thursday there could be carnage. I’m leaning towards the steady eddies who play well on exposed courses. Webb, Gmac, Snedeker, Noren. Haven’t backed anyone yet. Backed Southgate for FRL at 300/1 as he is a good links player and won’t mind the wind and had a high enough finish in the open.

I missed the 100/1 10 places on Walker and also missed on Bradley both on my shortlist
                                                                                  Last edited by elbows; 12-06-18, 12:35.
                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                    I backed Kaymer at 175/1 as I thought he was going to win in Italy. Think he still has some demons so not convinced as much.

It’s looking like being firm and fast and wind should be a factor especially on Thursday there could be carnage. I’m leaning towards the steady eddies who play well on exposed courses. Webb, Gmac, Snedeker, Noren. Haven’t backed anyone yet. Backed Southgate for FRL at 300/1 as he is a good links player and won’t mind the wind and had a high enough finish in the open.
                                                                                    My three picks are Rory from the faves and Zach Johnson (125/1) and Brian Harmon (100/1) from the outsiders.
                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

I missed the 100/1 10 places on Walker and also missed on Bradley both on my shortlist
                                                                                      I backed Kaymer @175/1 (doff cap) and GMac @200/1 after they finished in Italy

If it is going to be a shit show on the Thursday I might leave the rest alone apart from maybe a big price FRL pick later

Comment

The 2019 world no.1 heir apparent to miss the cut is 5/2. No other bets for now.

It's like the build up to Christmas with the WC and the Open this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                          My three picks are Rory from the faves and Zach Johnson (125/1) and Brian Harmon (100/1) from the outsiders.
                                                                                          Shrewd bet

Comment

On a bit of a Netflix crime do I binge lately.
                                                                                            Evil Genius is a truely bizarre case. Good documentary but also a little baffling. One or two questions unanswered.
                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                            Particularly why Bill Rothstein rang the police initially and started the chain reaction
                                                                                            .

Amanda Knox everyone knows the story. A lot of questions at the because she was a bit kooky. But the Italian police were genuinely incompetent and out for evidence that match their narrative.

The Jinx is fantastic. Durst is so creepy.

Currently halfway through The Staircase. So far so good. Can't say too much yet.

American criminal law is insane. Obviously the guilty rich will spin any story they can with a team of experts. That's expected. But kinda sickening seeing the District Attorney's office going to the same lengths to improve their odds. It's all pantomime.

Comment

Just had a RedC poll there about a potential election - asking me what I thought about various Fine Gael and Fianna Fail slogans. I wonder who would have commissioned that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                Shrewd bet
                                                                                                Zach didn't make my list because of his very average record in US Opens, he showed form early on this year but seems to have lost it, he's built around his wedge play which he can't lean on here (Not for approach shots anyway) and i always feel he has over achieved in his career to date with two majors.

Comment

Ended up Backing Noren, Webb and Gmac on the exchanges. Will probably do some in running too as plenty of room for big swings on this course.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                    Zach didn't make my list because of his very average record in US Opens, he showed form early on this year but seems to have lost it, he's built around his wedge play which he can't lean on here (Not for approach shots anyway) and i always feel he has over achieved in his career to date with two majors.
                                                                                                    He's 125 to 1 . 2 time Major winner . 5th in Texas a few weeks ago. Deffo worth a punt. We are not talking 20 to 1 shots here. Us open form is not a great stat to call on considering it's not the same course. E way the bet of course

Comment

...

Comment

Thoughts on blasphemy Jack?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                          He's 125 to 1 . 2 time Major winner . 5th in Texas a few weeks ago. Deffo worth a punt. We are not talking 20 to 1 shots here. Us open form is not a great stat to call on considering it's not the same course. E way the bet of course
                                                                                                          Plus he won both his majors at longer courses when it was windy

Comment

I was in Ibiza in the first week of April.

We parked a rental car outside the hotel waiting for them to drop out a permit. Between checking in and getting a permit, we got a ticket which we ignored.

Just got a letter in the post from Spanish authorities offering a 50% discount on the fine if I pay the fine within 20 days or they go legal.

What's my play here?

Comment

The best thing about a) being up the walls in work and b) the World Cup starting soon is that I won’t have the chance to do my bollocks on the US Open. I’ve said it before, but golf majors are nothing more than a gambling tax for me at this stage

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

We parked a rental car outside the hotel waiting for them to drop out a permit. Between checking in and getting a permit, we got a ticket which we ignored.

Just got a letter in the post from Spanish authorities offering a 50% discount on the fine if I pay the fine within 20 days or they go legal.

What's my play here?
                                                                                                                Contact hotel. Tell them what happened. Cancel fine.

If it wasn't issued by the hotel but by the equivalent to a traffic warden, just pay the fine for less hassle.

Comment

What's my play here?
                                                                                                                  If you're renting a car in Ibiza, you are doing Ibiza wrong. M8
                                                                                                                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                    Thoughts on blasphemy Jack?
                                                                                                                    The balance in debates rule will make this one fun.

Can't honestly see Iona defending it after the hiding they got.
                                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

What's my play here?
                                                                                                                      Ignore it. What are they gonna do Extradite you ?

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X