Darts Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    Have 900+ tournament 180s at 8's in a PP special. A few bonus ones in there from that match going past 3 sets
    What price you get for that?. Sorry see 8's now.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
      Pipe gets a terrible press here. How can you tilters watch snooker at all with a general average 23 seconds shot time!.
      Man, i hate everything about Justin Pipe.

His overextended outstretched arm, the way he throws, how long it takes, the way he talks, the way he looks. He just has one of those faces you'll love to smash in. Give me Hamilton and Newton over this guy any day

This cringey celebration when he bean Painter. And i'm not even going to dwell on coughgate from last year's Worlds.

Comment

Alan Tabern
        You are much better at this than dear old Wesley

Comment

Burgess not bad at all

Comment

You are much better at this than dear old Wesley
            I know. Wesley too busy being a good father. Darts is all about feel. The overs in the highest checkout market in the Jamie Lewis v Harris game next up. Its more noble to select a winner in a non outright market. Thats where its at not outright pickems.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              Man, i hate everything about Justin Pipe.

His overextended outstretched arm, the way he throws, how long it takes, the way he talks, the way he looks. He just has one of those faces you'll love to smash in. Give me Hamilton and Newton over this guy any day

This cringey celebration when he bean Painter. And i'm not even going to dwell on coughgate from last year's Worlds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clA3y_iGkIk
              100% agree. He's a horrible nasty little cnut

Comment

Languid throwing style imo. The mans a show man. Would love to see a Pipe v Gerwyn Price showdown some day. Would like even better to see a Pipe v Price fight. Dont underestimate the Pipey. And Painter is not exactly a choir boy.
                Look at the way he disrespects Pipe in the handshake. Celebrating a finish like that to a Painter would be different if it was Bunting.
                You dont always have to be a genuflected GAA type to be a popular sportsman.

Comment

Languid throwing style imo. The mans a show man. Would love to see a Pipe v Gerwyn Price showdown some day. Would like even better to see a Pipe v Price fight. Dont underestimate the Pipey. And Painter is not exactly a choir boy.
                  Look at the way he disrespects Pipe in the handshake. Celebrating a finish like that to a Painter would be different if it was Bunting.
                  You dont always have to be a genuflected GAA type to be a popular sportsman.
                  Don't get me wrong. Painter is another cunt, but Pipe is a complete dick, and poison on the eyes to watch. Would also love to see Price pummel him though. That would be fun

Comment

Good finish by Lewis to win the last game. Three out of the four games go to a deciding set in a five hour afternoon session

Comment

This is desperate stuff between mansell and Long

Comment

This is desperate stuff between mansell and Long
                        Like watching thorburn and Mountjoy in the snooker years ago

Comment

Bye bye Peter Wright

Comment

on 186 tournament 180s now. Hopefully get to 200 tonight

Comment

Bye bye Barney

Comment

Bye Bye Thornton

Comment

Bye Bye Thornton
                                  Ricky Evans did an amazing job folding under the pressure there too!

Comment

Bye bye Whitlock

Willie o Connor into round 3 after winning his match too

Comment

What price you get for that?. Sorry see 8's now.
                                      Just passed 300 tournament 180s

Comment

Just passed 300 tournament 180s
                                        How 'on target' is it?
                                        I'm guessing over half the matches have been played so it's behind on that metric, but the remaining matches will be getting longer so you are probably well on target on '180s required per estimated sets'. And there'll be consistently better players involved in these longer matches.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                          How 'on target' is it?
                                          I'm guessing over half the matches have been played so it's behind on that metric, but the remaining matches will be getting longer so you are probably well on target on '180s required per estimated sets'. And there'll be consistently better players involved in these longer matches.
                                          Was looking at last years 180s from the Last 32 to the finish the other day.

16 games
                                          83 sets
                                          154 x 180s

The last 16 was

8 games
                                          39 sets
                                          85 x 180s

QFs

4 games
                                          31 sets
                                          80 x 180s

SF + Final

27 sets
                                          70 x 180s
                                          23 180s

Based on last year, it was roughly 10 x 180s for each last 32 and last 16 game (~2 x 180s per set)

Quarters/Semi/Final roughly 20 x 180s per game (~2.5 x 180s per set)

342 x 180s from Round 3 onwards.

Comment

James Wade is a wanker. Hope he gets some comeback for this

Comment

A downright bizarre interview afterwards as well.
                                              Medication I'd guess.

Comment

Was looking at last years 180s from the Last 32 to the finish the other day.

16 games
                                                83 sets
                                                154 x 180s

The last 16 was

8 games
                                                39 sets
                                                85 x 180s

QFs

4 games
                                                31 sets
                                                80 x 180s

SF + Final

27 sets
                                                70 x 180s
                                                23 180s

Based on last year, it was roughly 10 x 180s for each last 32 and last 16 game (~2 x 180s per set)

Quarters/Semi/Final roughly 20 x 180s per game (~2.5 x 180s per set)

342 x 180s from Round 3 onwards.
                                                So you are telling me I'm goosed?

Comment

So you are telling me I'm goosed?
                                                  You're probably a 5/1 shot imo

You're on target to hit ~820

The longer the likes of MVG, Anderson, Rob Cross and Jamie Lewis stay in, the better!

Comment

Not really trying to be inciting or anything but Wade was about 2-3ft closer and on his way closer to the oche when he fist lunged there. I cant see much wrong. If he was level and in his face fair enough but they werent even face to face or anywhere near level.
                                                    This isnt chess. Look at the natural overt reactions in Tennis on a crucial point. Do we hear any outrage here. No. The only difference is the the spacial nature of distance between players. Not much you can do in such close confines around the oche in an emotional sport. Maybe we should think of neutering the players so they wouldnt be so reactive around each other.

Comment

Just to clarift. Intimidation is a terrible thing. Should be stamped out in the workplace. But this in an emotional sport. Its not for the feint hearted. No difference between this and a stare down on a poker table imo.

Comment

Watched Price blow up from 2 sets up & a dart to win 3-0. Loved every second of it... the kid played fantastic & the crowd sang continually "2-0 and you fucked it up"

Comment

I was watching something and keeping an eye on the darts live ticker, had to abandon and switch over to delight in the burning embers of the match!. It was a beautiful thing. Price being physically more intimidating and playing on it is another thing. Always funking against him and hes a massive tilt monkey!.

Comment

Exciting darts now with Anderson!

Comment

Not really trying to be inciting or anything but Wade was about 2-3ft closer and on his way closer to the oche when he fist lunged there. I cant see much wrong. If he was level and in his face fair enough but they werent even face to face or anywhere near level.
                                                              This isnt chess. Look at the natural overt reactions in Tennis on a crucial point. Do we hear any outrage here. No. The only difference is the the spacial nature of distance between players. Not much you can do in such close confines around the oche in an emotional sport. Maybe we should think of neutering the players so they wouldnt be so reactive around each other.
                                                              I don't generally disagree with much of what you post but you're way off the mark here. Wade is a cnut, and he did a cnut move. His PR team sorted his 'excuse' out. You rarely see a player getting in another player's face like Wade did here. Pure intimidation and nothing else.

Comment

Great game between Dobey and Anderson, Anderson sneaking it 4-3.

Not sure how the 180s bet is going but that game had near enough to 30 which would help.

Lewis MVG about to start,

Comment

MVG different gravy...

Comment

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
                                                                    MVG different gravy...
                                                                    Think Dobey beats everyone else in the tournament on that special, consistent form tonight.

MvG gets beaten by Anderson.

Comment

So Wade is a prick win or lose, at least hes gone anyway

Comment

I don't generally disagree with much of what you post but you're way off the mark here. Wade is a cnut, and he did a cnut move. His PR team sorted his 'excuse' out. You rarely see a player getting in another player's face like Wade did here. Pure intimidation and nothing else.
                                                                        Ah your right. Did you see that handshake when he got beat.

Comment

Ah your right. Did you see that handshake when he got beat.
                                                                          Worst handshake ever, and he didn't even shake the officials hands, but gestured something to them. Classless prick.

Comment

Super 1st semi final in the darts st the moment
                                                                            Both players hammering the 180s

Comment

I have the bet of the day and its in the Darts tonite.
                                                                              Its Michael Smith to have the most 180's 5/6 or better.
                                                                              Hes in 180's form and Van Gerwen switches to treble 19 and elsewhere too often even on his last dart with 2 in the treble when a dart isnt sitting right to his eye or on a whim for my liking. This makes it value to plunge for Smith on this market. Smith can be winning it straight up anyway as this is definitely where he has the edge. I would have Smith 4/7 for this market so to get 5/6 or better makes it value. Smith can be spanked outright but still win this market with ease.

Comment

I have the bet of the day and its in the Darts tonite.
                                                                                Its Michael Smith to have the most 180's 5/6 or better.
                                                                                Hes in 180's form and Van Gerwen switches to treble 19 and elsewhere too often even on his last dart with 2 in the treble when a dart isnt sitting right to his eye or on a whim for my liking. This makes it value to plunge for Smith on this market. Smith can be winning it straight up anyway as this is definitely where he has the edge. I would have Smith 4/7 for this market so to get 5/6 or better makes it value. Smith can be spanked outright but still win this market with ease.
                                                                                Great shout, where was the 5/6? Biggest I can find that I can actually get a bet on is 8/11.

Smith has 51 vs MVG 32 in the tournament to date from 111 v 123 legs so its cler Smith has a big edge here for the reasons you highlighted.

Comment

He's played a pile of journeymen though, the pressure MVG will put him under is incomparable to what he's faced so far not to mind it being his first world final, people can thrive in that situation but most feel it, so I'd expect his throw to more than likely suffer.

MVG has also out 180'd him in four of their five matchups this season.
                                                                                  Last edited by The Situation; 01-01-19, 19:26.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                    He's played a pile of journeymen though, the pressure MVG will put him under is incomparable to what he's faced so far not to mind it being his first world final, people can thrive in that situation but most feel it, so I'd expect his throw to more than likely suffer.

MVG has also out 180'd him in four of their five matchups this season.
                                                                                    Who he has beaten are the exact opposite of journeymen with the exception of Henderson?? There is no denying that MVG has come through the tougher side of the draw and is the 'better player' overall but thats kind of irrelevant to this market.

Season H2H stats are intersting though, although they have met 9 times this year, but still think its definite valueif you can get 5/6.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                      Who he has beaten are the exact opposite of journeymen with the exception of Henderson?? There is no denying that MVG has come through the tougher side of the draw and is the 'better player' overall but thats kind of irrelevant to this market.

Season H2H stats are intersting though, although they have met 9 times this year, but still think its definite valueif you can get 5/6.
                                                                                      Journeyman prob the wrong term but he was overwhelming favourite against all his opponents. Facing the best in the world is a completely different psychological test and on the biggest occasion of all, I'd argue it should be massively relevant to the pricing. It's probably one of the biggest mind game sports there is, and when nerves and self doubt kick in the throw can lose it's fluency and scoring begins to suffer. MVG imo far more likely to play to his peak given he's very used to this sort of occasion.

Took the head to head stats from below, must just show last five but MVG fairly dominant in all areas.

http://live.dartsdata.com
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Journeyman prob the wrong term but he was overwhelming favourite against all his opponents. Facing the best in the world is a completely different psychological test and on the biggest occasion of all, I'd argue it should be massively relevant to the pricing. It's probably one of the biggest mind game sports there is, and when nerves and self doubt kick in the throw can lose it's fluency and scoring begins to suffer. MVG imo far more likely to play to his peak given he's very used to this sort of occasion.

Took the head to head stats from below, must just show last five but MVG fairly dominant in all areas.

http://live.dartsdata.com
                                                                                        I actually agree with much of what you say but more often than not what you are describing, and most deifintely in Michael Smith's case manifests itself in the doubles as opposed to scoring

Comment

Barney makes the PL picks despite a ranking of 53

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                            I actually agree with much of what you say but more often than not what you are describing, and most deifintely in Michael Smith's case manifests itself in the doubles as opposed to scoring
                                                                                            I think it was a bet as well if you could get 5/6.smith played horrendous and I lost count of how many times he dropped the first dart short. There was nothing in it all the way through in the 180s market even with how bad smith was playing.
                                                                                            location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Barney makes the PL picks despite a ranking of 53
                                                                                              I hate Barney with a passion, but he's as good a pick as any for the PL tbh (Despite his 6th,6th,7th,4th in the past 4 years). The rest of the top 20 to miss out are Whitlock, White, Chizzy, Webster, Lewis, Cullen, Clayton, Bunting, King, Henderson, West.

You can make a case for Whitlock, but he's hardly set the PL on fire when he's been there. When he finished 2nd in 2012, Andy Hamilton finished 3rd ffs.

Chizzy/Lewis possibly the only other 2 that had potential, but Barney brings a bigger fanbase and it's 14th consecutive year, so it makes sense before his retirement. Wade couldn't be left out either after picking up a couple of W's.

The door is still open for the likes of van de Pas, Max Hopp, Chris Dobey, and Jeffrey de Zwaan to get in if they can get a good 2019 under their belts. I think the most likely for next season will Dimitri van den Bergh.

Comment

Made most, headed late on, every chance, no extra towards finish.

It was 5/6 coral since the evening of the semis to the afternoon of the game. Went again later in early evening and it was 4/6 but the DNB was also 4/6 so took a bit of that. Also took a little 6/5 most 1st set 180's which was the only one to win. Loss overall.

Comment

Last edited by rounders123; 05-01-19, 12:49.

Comment

Lakeside starting in spectacular fashion with the highest average of the first time games being 87.73.

Lisa Ashton also dumped out of the women's in the first round to a Japanese qualifier.

Comment

Lakeside starting in spectacular fashion with the highest average of the first time games being 87.73.

Lisa Ashton also dumped out of the women's in the first round to a Japanese qualifier.
                                                                                                      I didn't see it but the Japanese woman had been heralded as the one who's going to be able to compete with the men eventually.

Comment

I didn't see it but the Japanese woman had been heralded as the one who's going to be able to compete with the men eventually.
                                                                                                        Didn't see it myself, just saw that Ashton averaged 76 and Suzuki 80 which seems quite decent. Not going to pretend that i know anything about her!

Comment

Suzuki put her through the tumble dryer.

Comment

Seems odd to me that there's never been a female that could compete with the best males. You're just fecking a few arrows at a board, can't think of any discernible advantage a man should have.

In similar accuracy sports like Archery some of the female world records are better than their male counterparts.

Maybe it's the "lads" culture associated with darts that been off putting for women down the years and has limited any sort of progression of talent.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

A jap who had baby shark as her walk on music no less

Comment

In similar accuracy sports like Archery some of the female world records are better than their male counterparts.
                                                                                                                Is this true? I'd be surprised if it is.
                                                                                                                I'd have thought strength and speed would still be an issue in archery. If a man can power the arrow towards the board faster (with his longer arms and stronger muscles) then he can take the wind factor out of the equation that little bit more.

Comment

Is this true? I'd be surprised if it is.
                                                                                                                  I'd have thought strength and speed would still be an issue in archery. If a man can power the arrow towards the board faster (with his longer arms and stronger muscles) then he can take the wind factor out of the equation that little bit more.
                                                                                                                  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...rds_in_archery

According to that the women have a better record in 1 event and level in a few others. Think the bows might be a bit lighter but that's not really an advantage.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...rds_in_archery

According to that the women have a better record in 1 event and level in a few others. Think the bows might be a bit lighter but that's not really an advantage.
                                                                                                                    Cheers, that's interesting alright and shows that there isn't a huge lot between their best scores.
                                                                                                                    I'd caution that that doesn't mean they are equal, as by definition the best scores would likely have come on a day of perfect archery conditions (whatever they are, windless & middling-to-warm temperatures I'd guess) - you'd want to see how they generally compare on an average day and on a bad weather day.
                                                                                                                    And a longterm comparison score of say 5th place finisher or 10th place finisher might give a better idea of how they match up than one-off best performances. Obviously that would require research beyond the call of duty.

I suppose though it does definitely indicate that women could/should do better at darts. I guess as you say it just hasn't been a woman's game up to now, its been lad culture. Be interesting if you took a 5 year old and obsessively forced her to play darts (Chinese over-parenting levels of obsessiveness) to see just how far could she go. The first who is able to compete to say Top16 standard will have decent prizemoney but more importantly other monetary streams because of the novelty factor.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 05-01-19, 18:03.

Comment

Stop acting the boll0x lads. The bigger question is can they do it with

Hey, hey baby
                                                                                                                      (Ooh aah)
                                                                                                                      I wanna know (oh ooh)
                                                                                                                      If you'll be my girl…

Panging their ear drums

Comment

This guy would rival our own Kim

They won a combined 7 legs between them while getting dumped out in the prelims.

Comment

Anesthesia

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X