Scoop hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scoop hand

Whats peoples thoughts on this spot, is it an easy fold or would anyone contemplate shipping.

I'm not long on the table and only history I have with villain is this hand which was only about 5 hands previous and villain writes into chat box after saying I should shoot myself after he looses obviously
    He had Q6 for the rivered flush

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 109 Tournament, 300/600 Blinds 70 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP3 (t41,911)
    CO (t48,345)
    Button (t10,213)
    SB (t49,795)
    BB (t33,674)
    UTG (t29,702)
    Hero (UTG+1) (t31,396)
    MP1 (t27,125)
    MP2 (t6,327)

Hero's M: 20.52

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J, J
    1 fold, Hero raises to t1,200, 3 folds, CO calls t1,200, 1 fold, SB calls t900, BB calls t600

Flop: (t5,430) 8, A, 8 (4 players)
    SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (t5,430) J (4 players)
    SB checks, BB bets t2,800, Hero calls t2,800, 2 folds

River: (t11,030) K (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets t6,112, BB calls t6,112

Total pot: t23,254

Results below:
    SPOILER

BB didn't show
    Hero had J, J (full house, Jacks over eights).
    Outcome: Hero won t23,254

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 109 Tournament, 350/700 Blinds 85 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

BB (t41,501)
    UTG (t46,735)
    UTG+1 (t9,803)
    MP1 (t48,185)
    MP2 (t24,617)
    MP3 (t31,872)
    Hero (CO) (t43,078)
    Button (t27,480)
    SB (t5,217)

Hero's M: 23.73

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J
    3 folds, MP2 raises to t1,400, 1 fold, Hero raises to t3,644, 3 folds, MP2 raises to t8,095,

If I 3-bet i'm not folding. Why 3-bet without a plan for what you're going to do?

I don't know how you play but I personally would have a pretty decent 3-bet from the c/o therefore i'm 3-bet/calling. I would just flat pre if I didn't feel comfortable getting it in though.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
      If I 3-bet i'm not folding. Why 3-bet without a plan for what you're going to do?

I don't know how you play but I personally would have a pretty decent 3-bet from the c/o therefore i'm 3-bet/calling. I would just flat pre if I didn't feel comfortable getting it in though.
      I did have a plan as I always do and I was very happy to 3bet pre and with out giving away how I did play it I just want to see how others would play it but I don't know about flatting the 4bet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
        I did have a plan as I always do and I was very happy to 3bet pre and with out giving away how I did play it I just want to see how others would play it but I don't know about flatting the 4bet.
        Didn't mean flat the 4-bet, meant the original open.

Comment

If you're 3 betting, I think you should be doing so with the aim of getting it in, 3bet-folding just seems really bad. I think I'd probably flat the open in this spot a lot of the time though. What's the buy-in?
          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
            If you're 3 betting, I think you should be doing so with the aim of getting it in, 3bet-folding just seems really bad. I think I'd probably flat the open in this spot a lot of the time though. What's the buy-in?
            Its the Scoop M $109, made day 2 btw.
            As the game progressed villain turned out to be a pretty solid player, not too aggressive but at the time I had no real info on villain other than the hand previous to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
              Do you not think getting 50bbs in here is bad?. Getting 4 bet by a solid player oop, hand range should be QQ KK AA sometimes AK if theyre is some history. I dont like flatting here v his stack size either. Id be more inclined to fold as played.

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                Do you not think getting 50bbs in here is bad?. Getting 4 bet by a solid player oop, hand range should be QQ KK AA sometimes AK if theyre is some history. I dont like flatting here v his stack size either. Id be more inclined to fold as played.
                I don't like flatting myself tbh, imo its a ship or fold.

Comment

MP2 only has 35bbs.

Comment

Easy get it in if you 3 bet, I prob raise the turn in the Jacks full hand, from the big blind he has an 8 a lot.

Comment

it's 35BBs effective. If stacks were 50 BBs I pretty much 100% flat the open. I'm not crazy about getting 35 BBs in here with JJ so I'd need a strong reason to 3 bet and be happy to get it in. Standard play with no reads is to flat the open but it's often fine to get 35 BBs in pre with JJ in some circumstances.
                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I did reship and he had QQ.

Comment

As played this a pretty clear get in.

Villain should perceive your 3b to be FOS here a bunch and should be playing back a decent amount.

It is a little worrying that he 4b 1/3 of his stack, which many villains will typically be more weighted towards value when doing so, but we're at the top of our range here so it's a no brainer and always remember . . . when you're wrong, you can always get there

Comment

Working...
                          X