Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He tipped lagostovegas yesterday and the hunt cup winner today 10/1 and 16/1 iirc, other horse he tipped so far on week, is one of Josephs tomorrow, starts with a D and seemingly being well punted, haven't time to look now.

Comment

recommend me a cheap android tablet pls - for kids so main criteria is that I won't care when they break it.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

See yis in Bath, Coventry and Toulouse.

Comment

That PBS documentary on the Vietnam war is up on Netflix. Well worth a look.

Official website: http://to.pbs.org/2gMme8N | #VietnamWarPBSKen Burns & Lynn Novick tell the story behind their most ambitious film to date: THE VIETNAM WAR....
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j-3Xi5BcKs
            Does it mention

SPOILER
            The truth about the Gulf of Tonkin?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
              Does it mention

SPOILER
              The truth about the Gulf of Tonkin?
              Don't know, I missed most of it when it was on the BBC. Only starting in to it again now.
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                He tipped lagostovegas yesterday and the hunt cup winner today 10/1 and 16/1 iirc, other horse he tipped so far on week, is one of Josephs tomorrow, starts with a D and seemingly being well punted, haven't time to look now.
                Downdraft at 5:35? Currently 7/1

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  Good stuff, tell her to look after the oul fella that fell off a ladder.
                  Surgery cancelled until friday at the earliest anyway.
                  He got chest tubes put in to drain fluid and some yoke up his nose to drain bile from stomach.
                  Noticeably better today according to me brother.
                  Paccu ward.
                  Seems to be a serious step up in quality of care
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                    Downdraft at 5:35? Currently 7/1
                    Yeah, Chamberlin kinda put him on the spot yesterday for JOB's best of the week as he does racing planning or something for the stable and he gave Downdraft. Chamberlin was big'n Blake up again today as a judge so possible price artificially short at this stage, although see 10's there with 365.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 20-06-18, 19:56.
                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j-3Xi5BcKs
                        One of my fav Springsteen songs, like many, is about Vietnam. This one though just captures the sadness and disappointment and the lives that it touched.

The live version is really good, first 4 mins are the backstory to the song, well worth a listen, puts a real human touch to it. Pity about the yanks shouting their heads off though.

The second one is the album version, worth a listen just to catch the lyrics and how they come back to the story he told at the start.

Dedicated to Ray and Walter Cichon along with my drummer from The Castiles, Bart Haynes.

High Hopes is a great album, but I have to say of the twelve songs, "The Wall" is my favorite. Back in the mid '60s, Bruce was in a band called the Castiles....
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                          I hope everyone still refers to getting fucked over as being hornswaggled.
                          Me and Riggs were just talking about setting up our own Cryptocurrency the other day.
                          SPOILER
                          Hornswagglecoin
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Going to pop the young fellows "Goodfellas" cherry tonight.

I stopped asking him to watch it around 2 years ago, pushing it never works, he asked me earlier when i was home from work can we stick it on.

He is in good mood, usually moody as any 19 year old, got his 2nd year results, 3A's and 2B's ,3.44. We shall celebrate with a few drinks. Delighted for him semester 1 he barley scraped a 3 and was very hard on himself. Still doing Maths & Physics.

Where do the years go !
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Brought the kid to a first coding class today - using the MIT Scratch language.
                              Grasshopper app is like Duolingo for coding, I gave up on it as quickly as I always give up on Duolingo but it seems really good and user friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                See yis in Bath, Coventry and Toulouse.
                                maybe not coventry but bath and toulouse for sure.

Comment

[QUOTE=AndyFatBastard;1073589]
                                  Me and Riggs
                                  were just talking about setting up our own Cryptocurrency the other day.
                                  SPOILER
                                  Hornswagglecoin
                                  [/QUOTE]
                                  Made me think of this tune

Comment

A great read . America first.

Dr. Seuss has long been a beloved figure of the American experience. Lesser known is his work as a political cartoonist, critizing isolationist policies.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                        Good stuff, tell her to look after the oul fella that fell off a ladder.
                                        Surgery cancelled until friday at the earliest anyway.
                                        He got chest tubes put in to drain fluid and some yoke up his nose to drain bile from stomach.
                                        Noticeably better today according to me brother.

Spoke to my sis earlier, as he is under the care of the surgery dept. she won't see him until he's referred back for physio. Sounds like he got unlucky with complications, I hope he makes a speedy recovery dude.

Comment

You hopefully mean 2nd semester, or I've lost a year somewhere? Thought he just went in September.
                                          No, second year done and dusted.

Dont think he wants to be a Wiseguy after watching that ! What a film.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

This is quality!

https://youtu.be/3vw_0UEUdHI
                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

'Micheal' is the current Irish rugby physio and is married to Mrs Lao Lao's best mate. He's well known for that impersonation. At his wedding a couple of years ago, himself and his brother did a sketch on the 2nd day party with a whole host of impersonations, was absolutely brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                'Micheal' is the current Irish rugby physio and is married to Mrs Lao Lao's best mate. He's well known for that impersonation. At his wedding a couple of years ago, himself and his brother did a sketch on the 2nd day party with a whole host of impersonations, was absolutely brilliant!
                                                To be honest I think he’s better then an awful lot of imperosonators I hear. He should consider doing a show.
                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

That was brilliant! Got the mannerisms/quirks down as much as the accent.

Comment

Tadhg Kennelly is some gowl.

Comment

Tadhg Kennelly is some gowl.
                                                      I let the first one pass.

Dont be coming up here and stealing our phrases.
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Day trader sues broker over ‘demo’ trading platform mix-up
                                                        Trainee found he was practising equity futures on live site and placed €1bn of orders

A trainee day trader in France is suing a British brokerage for an amount comparable to almost its entire annual revenue after it seized the €10m profit he made using what he initially thought was a demonstration version of its platform. Harouna Traoré opened a €20,000 account at Valbury Capital, a UK-based brokerage, last summer after using a dummy version of its platform to learn how to trade equity futures as a retail investor on a trading course in Paris.

A couple of weeks later, he was practising trading at home on what he believed to be the demo version — placing €1bn of orders for European and US equity futures — before realising that it was the live platform and he had run up a loss of more than €1m.
                                                        He continued trading, eventually building up a $5bn position in US equity futures and turning the loss into a profit of more than €10m. “I could only think of my family,” said Mr Traoré, who is married with two children. “I was stressed.” After he called Valbury a few days later to explain what had happened, the brokerage told him he had breached his contract and his positions were “void and cancelled”. In January, he filed a writ of summons in the Pontoise district court, north of Paris, claiming breach of contract and negligence by the British brokerage and calling for it to pay him the €10m he says it owes him. Valbury, which is owned by the eponymous Indonesian financial services group, denies any wrongdoing and is preparing to file its initial submission next week.

It is expected to argue that Mr Traoré is not a consumer, but a financial services professional, so the case should not be heard in France, where he would benefit from greater consumer protection. Robert Falkner, partner at Reed Smith, the law firm representing Valbury, said: “We are familiar with the spurious allegations made by the French arcade trader Mr Traoré (a seasoned market risk analyst formerly employed by Reuters) which are strongly denied as wholly without merit and will be vigorously contested.” “This matter is now before the courts so that we consider it inappropriate to comment further,” said Mr Falkner, adding that Valbury had kept its regulators at the UK Financial Conduct Authority “fully informed”.

Valbury is expected to point out that Mr Traoré said in his application to open an account that he had traded futures and options frequently. Mr Traoré admitted that he had “tried to embellish my trading experience and professional qualifications at the time, as I thought my application might otherwise not go through as easily”. According to the court filing by Mr Traoré, which has been seen by the Financial Times, Valbury told him that it had treated the trades he carried out as a “manifest error” because he had thought he was using its demo platform and had not intended to place real orders.

The brokerage also told him that he had breached his trading limits. Mr Traoré’s lawyers at Linklaters said in the filing that the 41-year-old had no prior experience of financial markets and previously worked at Thomson Reuters, selling performance analysis software to investors, before being made redundant last year. Therefore, they said, he should be considered a consumer and the case should be heard in France. His lawyers also said Mr Traoré should have been prevented from trading such large amounts by preset trading limits that could have been imposed by Valbury.

They disputed Valbury’s suggestion that his orders were a “manifest error” — the definition usually given to fat-finger trading mistakes — because most of the profits were only made once he realised he was trading on the live platform. The stakes are high for Valbury, which made £9.88m of revenue in the year to December 2016 down from £11.7m the previous year. It reported its third consecutive annual loss of £455,405 in 2016 — its last set of publicly filed accounts. Mark Hanney, chief executive of Valbury, has previously worked at several other trading firms and spent five years as financial director of Refco Trading Services Ltd, the UK arm of the collapsed US brokerage. Mr Hanney declined to comment. The FCA declined to comment.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

I think your Blindboy has created thousands of young mimics in this country. Shocking how many times in pubs or wherever I've heard people blatantly copy his musings on life like it's their own.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Pay the man his cash!
                                                              I wonder if he wins the case. We did a similar thing with; https://amplifytrading.com and http://www.stocktrak.com

The first one was delivered by the CEO of the company and they offer all those trading courses. A few people signed up but I wasn't convinced of the value.

Comment

Any idea when aerlingus update their future flights? Looking to book a flight for this time next year but they only go up to mid may currently (doesn't seem to be as straightforward it just being a year/13 months in advance)

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                  I think your Blindboy has created thousands of young mimics in this country. Shocking how many times in pubs or wherever I've heard people blatantly copy his musings on life like it's their own.
                                                                  There's more good to come from that than bad. I would imagine he wouldn't care about receiving credit of his musings on mental health were spread far and wide.
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                    I wonder if he wins the case. We did a similar thing with; https://amplifytrading.com and http://www.stocktrak.com

The first one was delivered by the CEO of the company and they offer all those trading courses. A few people signed up but I wasn't convinced of the value.
                                                                    I doubt he will. Although I do know a story of another trading firm going under due to a case where a trader wasn't paid a bonus as he had violated risk rules.

Best unauthorised trading story is obv this one:

Comment

When delivering the report, a regulator for the FSA said that "Mr. Perkins poses an extreme risk to the market when drunk"

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        When delivering the report, a regulator for the FSA said that "Mr. Perkins poses an extreme risk to the market when drunk"
                                                                        Jerome Kerviel must be close to the biggest almost 5 billion.

Last edited by Guest; 21-06-18, 12:10.

Comment

Well Duh!

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                            Hasn't that been the same pattern for any comic writer who was any good since whenever.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I would have thought you'd be pleased to see me assimilating. Anyway, gowl would be a well used phrase around Tralee which is sort of a meeting of the waters for Cork and Limerick verbiage.

Tralee is actually a great place to be from if you enjoy the creative use of colourful language.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                Hasn't that been the same pattern for any comic writer who was any good since whenever.
                                                                                I would say 50% of my public discourse is paraphrasing Stewart Lee and George Carlin skits.

Comment

Well Duh!

The full bit.

Jim sits down with Jordan Peterson, a professor who’s become a darling of the alt-right, to discuss his stance on free speech and the protests against him on...
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Jesus Blake is being rubber stamped as the comic "fair play to him" Paddy character on ITV racing

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                      Any idea when aerlingus update their future flights? Looking to book a flight for this time next year but they only go up to mid may currently (doesn't seem to be as straightforward it just being a year/13 months in advance)
                                                                                      Pm me a reminder tomorrow and I'll ask somebody who would know
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Well Duh!

Didnt think Jim Jefferies would be your style lads!
                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

CEO of everybody's favourite semiconductor company out on his ear for riding a subordinate just now - there is a great sense of titillation around the place

Comment

CEO of everybody's favourite semiconductor company out on his ear for riding a subordinate just now - there is a great sense of titillation around the place
                                                                                            Who passed on the Intel? Tis no way to conduct yourself .

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                              Didnt think Jim Jefferies would be your style lads!
                                                                                              I'm a big Jim Jefferies fan, have been for years.
                                                                                              He's certainly made his act a little more mainstream and palatable but the gist of it is stil lthere.
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Seems like a bit of a stupid reason to be determining who runs a $250 billion company. Especially as there seems to have been no complaints.
                                                                                                    Yerra

Comment

Off to Body and Soul this weekend for my annual debauched boogie in the woods.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Do you not find him quite trite? Might be just my hatred of the aussie accent thats colouring the view.
                                                                                                        trite how?
                                                                                                        A lot of his material got recycled into legit (which was a great show) and the NRA stuff made him so was on repeat for a while.
                                                                                                        But generally I've found him pretty fresh and original all through the years.

Comment

Seems like a bit of a stupid reason to be determining who runs a $250 billion company. Especially as there seems to have been no complaints.
                                                                                                          maybe ready to pull the trigger on anything after the stock thing?

Comment

Imagine if it was, say, the president of the USA and an intern....
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Apparently Netflix staff can't look into each other's eyes for more than 5 seconds .

Comment

As long as its clearly consensual, I don't see why that type of thing should be policed by companies or in politics (as long as they're not giving out a judgemental political message around family values). You take away co-worker opportunities, then you take away intern opportunities, what next: that you can't sleep with the babysitter? Like where will it all end?
                                                                                                                    All good till the next vacancy comes up. If makes piles of sense for companies to police it.

Or how about 2 months after consensual when one party doesn't get a job. Says it wasn't consensual and your CEO who is killing for the company is on front of papers. No brainer from companies point of view to police it for potential hassle alone.
                                                                                                                    Shite one for the horny exec who couldn't get laid without his/her title
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Off to Body and Soul this weekend for my annual debauched boogie in the woods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCKf-bjokiM
                                                                                                                      Surprised I've never bumped into you"

Comment

Yeah don't really agree with hitch on this one at all. People getting promotions and raises for sleeping with the right people. You ride a subordinate and now he or she might tell your husband/wife etc.

That's only the issues for the poor beleaguered rich and powerful person. It's a lot worse for the subordinates who can be subtly or not subtly leveraged in this way.

It's all consensual till it isn't Harvey Weinstein might say.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          Surprised I've never bumped into you"
                                                                                                                          You would be ducking me surely

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X