GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
    How would you assess tomorrow kev. Kind of liking the 12/5 but know very little about Waterford hurling.
    They're a group of very young lads who are on a train at the moment. The common theme I 've been hearing all week is that no one knows where their ceiling is, they may very well have already hit it, tomorrow will tell a lot.

I think they have a lot more to give, and they've been hugely underestimated tomorrow.
    Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 11-07-15, 22:24.

Comment

How would you assess tomorrow kev. Kind of liking the 12/5 but know very little about Waterford hurling.
      Tipp understandably favourites. Our lads young, very well organised and unbeaten though. Danger is if tipp get one of their goal scoring bursts we could be goosed. If its close in last 15 mins Waterford to win.

Nerves somewhat eased after yesterday as would not fear Dublin in a QF if we did lose today.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
        I think Waterford @ 9/4 to beat Tipp is too big, also having a punt on Noel Connors for 'RTE man of the match @ 28/1. If Waterford are to win he could have a huge influence.
        Similar reasoning I think tadgh De burca at 25/1 is worth a small bet for motm

Comment

Roscommon -1 4/5

#Lumpage
          "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Will be punting galway/waterford/Tipp to destroy the winners of this. All in job.
            Waterford -2 10/11 atm. Don't think this price will survive the next 12 days

Comment

I think Tipperary @ 3.0 at home to Tyrone could be a bet. I would probably wait until after the U21 hurlers play to see if all make it through.
              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Shud be a good game of hurling tonight. 2 bets for added interest

shane o donnell 8/5. anytime goalscorer. will expect to get a few chances take 1 please.

Waterford are big favourites for this game but i expect it to be close. new enough panel for Clare seems to be the odds reasoning. 4 players started and 3 came on as subs for waterford that lost on Sunday. Either team to win by 1-4 or draw EVS

Comment

Any love for Monaghan on Sunday, think it''ll be a close game and 5/2 seems big?

Comment

Any love for Monaghan on Sunday, think it''ll be a close game and 5/2 seems big?
                    Well played !

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                      Well played !
                      Thanks, they gave me a bit of a fright towards the end though!

Comment

Thanks, they gave me a bit of a fright towards the end though!
                        Chickened out and ended up just backing them +3 .

Comment

Waterford -2 10/11 atm. Don't think this price will survive the next 12 days
                          Far less sure than I was last week. I am hopping between backing waterford -4 @6/4, -5@15/8 or Dublin Straight up at 2s. I feel waterford should do it with relative ease but would have a slight concern they may bottle it.

Fancy cork to be far too strong for galway.

Comment

Far less sure than I was last week. I am hopping between backing waterford -4 @6/4, -5@15/8 or Dublin Straight up at 2s. I feel waterford should do it with relative ease but would have a slight concern they may bottle it.

Fancy cork to be far too strong for galway.
                            I think your original view is correct , but for Paul Ryan knocking miracle points over Dublin would be gone ( although I am wary that Danny Sitcliffe is due a big game).Munster final was odd in that Waterford although beaten probably came out of it with as much credit as Tipp.

Doubling Waterford -2 with Fermanagh -1. Was tempted to throw Kildare +5 in as I think Cork could be in a bad place after the loss to Kerry but might just have a small bet on the Lily's to win @ 9/2.

Cork / Galway to hard to call for me as you just don't know which version of either side will turn up.

Comment

Two bets in the fermanagh game.

Either team to win by 1-4 points or draw is 1/2.

Under 1.5 goals in the game @ 5/4

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting enough stats.
                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                  You can't blame the myth developing. Shur didn't they have a lad about 50 playing til last year.

Comment

Doubling Donegal -2 6/5 and under 33.5 pts in Tyrone / Sligo 4/5.

Comment

Poor journalism. The actual average is 23.5yrs for Waterford and that doesn't include Stephen Bennett 19, Patrick Curran 19 and Tom devine 20 who came on as subs. Not that it matters a whole lot

Comment

Under 1.5 goals in tyrone/monaghan game @11/10. Tyrone havent scored a goal in HQ on their last 5 visits. Dont see that changing today

Comment

Just got matty donnelly to score under 2.5 points @5/4 on betfair. Hes 4/6 to score under 1.5 points on paddy power. Cant see him getting 3 from play. Guna stick a tenner on him to get MOM just to cover myself as well

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tightlips View Post
                                            Just got matty donnelly to score under 2.5 points @5/4 on betfair. Hes 4/6 to score under 1.5 points on paddy power. Cant see him getting 3 from play. Guna stick a tenner on him to get MOM just to cover myself as well

Both of them bets should have came in. Darragh o se couldnt pick a hair from his arse. Couple of times hes done me on MOM selections.

Comment

Don't back MOTM anymore. There is skullduggery going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                I totally agree. Ryan jones man of the match against westmeath was 100% fixed by darragh o se. He was building him up to be playing well, when he had done nothing of any note. The last 3 weeks darragh o se has been very dubious in his picks for MOM.

Comment

I'm not guessing here.

Comment

Yep Sean Kavangh MOM v Sligo where he had single handed fucked me out of what should have been the easiest handicap ever made was one of the most clearly crooked thing ever.

Comment

FFS is nothing sacred?
                                                      My favourite market for betting on GAA games but have noticed a number of unusual selections this year alright.

Comment

*shill alert*

There's an affiliate link for 5/1 Dublin or 8/1 Mayo in the article below so don't click if that sort of thing offends the senses!

That being said, my thoughts on why I think Dublin will derail the Mayo train are below. They're overrated, basically.

Comment

Just to note, obviously I haven't gone through every aspect of Sunday's game in the article above - I was focussing on two things I haven't really seen covered much anywhere - 1. is Mayo's forward really better this year? 2. Is Mayo's record all it's cracked up to be?

Comment

Got to be a bit of an overreaction that Dublin have gone from trading odds on for Sam before the quarter finals to being able to back them at bigger than 3.0 now with just three teams remaining? Or was Kerry seriously underestimated earlier in the Summer? Obv Connolly's absence is a big loss for this weekend but I'd have thought that competitive game was exactly what Dublin needed last Sunday after a fairly easy run of it to the Semi's which possibly partly explained the complacency near the end. They should be the sharper for it now, and if they progress having had these matches will surely stand to them compared to Kerry who'll have gone weeks without a game.

How would people price up the outright themselves now?
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                              Got to be a bit of an overreaction that Dublin have gone from trading odds on for Sam before the quarter finals to being able to back them at bigger than 3.0 now with just three teams remaining? Or was Kerry seriously underestimated earlier in the Summer? Obv Connolly's absence is a big loss for this weekend but I'd have thought that competitive game was exactly what Dublin needed last Sunday after a fairly easy run of it to the Semi's which possibly partly explained the complacency near the end. They should be the sharper for it now, and if they progress having had these matches will surely stand to them compared to Kerry who'll have gone weeks without a game.

How would people price up the outright themselves now?
                                                              Well Dublin were 5/4 with the bookies for the AI and are now 9/4 on the basis of last Sunday's performance and the fact that possibly Mayo were underestimated.

Connolly's absence shouldn't make that big a difference in relation to the replay in that he wasn't particularly effective last week or wasn't allowed to be. One of the analysts on rte opined that the match would come down to a match up between Dublin's much vaunted half-forward line and Mayo's half back line.
                                                              They probably cancelled each other out overall or if anything Mayo shaded it imo.Worryingly for the Dubs though, four time all-star Paul Flynn doesn't look anything like the player he was. He had been carrying an injury earlier in the campaign and has lost some mobility as far as I can see. Obviously still an effective cog, having said that.

I wouldn't have put Dublin's collapse down to complacency In any way as I thought there was an alarming lack of leadership, organisation and presence as a result of losing Cian O'Sullivan and MD McAuley in quick succession. O'Sullivan in particular was a pivotal loss as you could see him cajoling the players in the group prior to the anthem being played and he is a very good communicator on the field.

Dublin will have Rory O'Carroll back and that could be crucial as he is a natural in the full-back position and should be far more effective in picking up Aidan O'Shea than was Philly McMahon. I wouldn't underestimate The early loss of this player last week as he is a very solid defender indeed.

It's possible that the selection of Alan Brogan for the replay could pay rich dividends for Dublin, if he's fit enough to start, as it would be a last hurrah for him and he has so much experience. Cormac Costello could also freshen things up for the Dubs, if introduced, as he showed a lot of potential in the last campaign and Dublin will need something different to plunder the spoils.

I think the six day turnaround will play into Dublin's hands, from the point of view of recovering from the physical exertions of the last day and Mayo had to travel home after the match and back up again next weekend.

On that basis I think 9/4 on Dublin for Sam is good value. They're not the team I thought they were though on last week's showing. I don't think Kerry were underestimated earlier in the campaign. They possess a tactically astute young manager in Eamon Fitzmaurice and some fine players, notably the brilliant James O' Donoghue and the magician Colm Cooper. However they're nowhere near some of the great Kerry teams of yesteryear and I would expect Dublin to beat them if they meet this time around.
                                                              "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

9/4 is a great price. I'd have Dublin at 13/8 or 7/4. I'd be tempted by some of that myself

I was hoping that there would be an outright winner either way last Sunday because, as you say Sitch, the extra game will bring the winner on no end. Similar to Kerry last year. If Dublin happen to blow Mayo off the park on Sat (and they were 7 points up last week with 10 to go) what price would they be for the final??

@Gingermilla, Ye didn't lose O'Sullivan last week though???

Comment

@Gingermilla, Ye didn't lose O'Sullivan last week though???[/QUOTE]

How do you mean, Archie?

O'Sullivan was black-carded for pulling back a player, during the last quarter. Could have happened a lot earlier for a similar indiscretion.
                                                                  "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

Was it not MDMA ye lost who was replaced by Bastick who then got black carded?

I think O Sullivan only got a yellow for the pull back.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerMilla View Post
                                                                      @Gingermilla, Ye didn't lose O'Sullivan last week though???
                                                                      How do you mean, Archie?

O'Sullivan was black-carded for pulling back a player, during the last quarter. Could have happened a lot earlier for a similar indiscretion.[/QUOTE]

Too many pints before the game methinks !!! As dobby said, MDMA first then Bastick. O'Sullivan played the whole game.

You have me intrigued with the Archie. You know me or just know my nickname from here? NM. Forgot about Dundrum lol. You still playing?
                                                                      Last edited by careca; 03-09-15, 09:41.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                        How do you mean, Archie?

O'Sullivan was black-carded for pulling back a player, during the last quarter. Could have happened a lot earlier for a similar indiscretion.
                                                                        Too many pints before the game methinks !!! As dobby said, MDMA first then Bastick. O'Sullivan played the whole game.

You have me intrigued with the Archie. You know me or just know my nickname from here? NM. Forgot about Dundrum lol. You still playing?[/QUOTE]

On my last legs

New manager coming up to drfc tonight. I'd love to give it one last season as literally no other hobbies but the knees are giving way.Gave up the pokes a while back.

Are you still playing yourself? Reckon you could still do a job. Dodgy defence.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                          Was it not MDMA ye lost who was replaced by Bastick who then got black carded?

I think O Sullivan only got a yellow for the pull back.
                                                                          Yhe you're spot on there. The cute hoor, you'd know he had the Kerry blood in him.

Nonetheless he must have disappeared so for the last 15 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerMilla View Post

You have me intrigued with the Archie. You know me or just know my nickname from here? NM. Forgot about Dundrum lol. You still playing?
                                                                            On my last legs

New manager coming up to drfc tonight. I'd love to give it one last season as literally no other hobbies but the knees are giving way.Gave up the pokes a while back.

Are you still playing yourself? Reckon you could still do a job. Dodgy defence.[/QUOTE]

No gave it up about 2 years back. Hips in bits. reckon I need a job done on them. Small bit of running at the min, that's about it.

Comment

Galway -3 4-1
                                                                              Joe Canning MotM 7-1

Comment

Kerry minors -3 and Kerry seniors. Probably be about 5 or 6/1. Minors will win handy. Gamble goes onto the seniors then
                                                                                Feeling nostalgic here m8s.

Same bet this year. Will probably only be bout 3/1 this year. If you put the minors -4 it jumps to about 15/2. Minors SHOULD win by more than 5 but they've conceded a good few goals this year which could make this game closer. Will probably nibble on both.

#Kerry4SamAndTom

Comment

Minors -3, Kerry and Man Utd. About 7/1. Come on.

Comment

Deja vu. Minors never in doubt. Gamble onto the seniors.

Comment

Hoping for a Kerry win but on Ciaran Kilkenny to be Man of the match at 14s

Comment

Fenor of Waterford to beat Ennistimon of Clare. Munster Junior Hurling QF.

The Waterford champions always tend to do well. We were defeated by 2 points by Ennistimon and we only scraped in to a county semi final after been defeated by 20 points in the divisional final.

We were missing two crucial players against Ennistimon and they lost a key player through injury in that game. They apparently have no interest in hurling and only made Munster by making the semi final and been the last first team left the same as us.

PP were 7/4 now 11/8 but Fenor should be about 1/3 on.
                                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

8/11 on now....still represents value to be honest as I reckon Fenor should be in and around 1/3.
                                                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=246777 A short piece ive written for hoganstand on this weekends gaa gambling action. Hopefully this will turn into a weekly feature. Let me know what use think. Also you can follow us on twitter @TheGAAmbler1

Last edited by Johnny Tightlips; 12-11-15, 15:33.

Comment

Fenor 3 points up with about 10 minutes gone from what I can gather.

Edit : 8 points up with 20 gone. As I said the price should have been 1/4.
                                                                                              Last edited by tipp86; 14-11-15, 14:32.
                                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

1-06 to a point after 20
                                                                                                https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Half time in the Munster Intermediate. St Marys, Caherciveen 2-13. Corofin, Clare. No score.

Comment

Half time in the Munster Intermediate. St Marys, Caherciveen 2-13. Corofin, Clare. No score.
                                                                                                    Finished 4-21 to 1 point. Corofin point coming inside the last minute of the game. They're the Clare Intermediate champions playing a Munster Semi Final. Something must have gone horribly wrong because they can't be that bad surely.

Comment

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=247070 my betting preview for some of this weekends action.

Comment

Fenor of Waterford to beat Ennistimon of Clare. Munster Junior Hurling QF.

The Waterford champions always tend to do well. We were defeated by 2 points by Ennistimon and we only scraped in to a county semi final after been defeated by 20 points in the divisional final.

We were missing two crucial players against Ennistimon and they lost a key player through injury in that game. They apparently have no interest in hurling and only made Munster by making the semi final and been the last first team left the same as us.

PP were 7/4 now 11/8 but Fenor should be about 1/3 on.
                                                                                                        Fenor 10/3 this weekend. Any value?

Comment

Big fancy for derry to be winning at half time in the Mc Kenna cup final tonight. 7/4 with ladbrokes. Tyrone starting with a very inexperienced team. Derry are full out.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tightlips View Post
                                                                                                            Big fancy for derry to be winning at half time in the Mc Kenna cup final tonight. 7/4 with ladbrokes. Tyrone starting with a very inexperienced team. Derry are full out.

It came up anyway. Hopefully a few were on it.

Comment

Thread fixed.

Comment

Johnny Tightlips is €€€€€

Comment

On St.Pats Drumcondra tomorrow against GMIT @even money

Comment

Johnny Tightlips is €€€€€
                                                                                                                    Some great stuff from Johnny and much appreciated.

Comment

Waterford v Kilkenny

All out attack here 6/4 Waterford pp. 11/2 m Shanahan first goal 4/1 Waterford/Waterford over 19.5 points Waterford happy days in little room that is Walsh park fill your boots.

Comment

Originally posted by kenttheking View Post
                                                                                                                        All out attack here 6/4 Waterford pp. 11/2 m Shanahan first goal 4/1 Waterford/Waterford over 19.5 points Waterford happy days in little room that is Walsh park fill your boots.
                                                                                                                        Handy dough 18 wides into the bargain

Comment

All over fermanagh and armagh under 1.5 goals this evening at 11/10 with bet 365. Both sides have a shocking record at scoring goals, fermanagh have 2 in 6 games and armagh have 1 in 5 games since the start of tbe year. This is going to be an ulster slug fest which will be compact and defensive.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X