******Bitcoin/Alt Coins Thread******

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty amazing foresight.

The best WordPress hosting https://matssjodin.com/go/cloudways-ms_yt/Amazing predictions from Mr. Friedman. Unknown source.Milton Friedman (July 31, 1912 – N...

Opr

Comment

wouldn't like to be holding Bitcon overnight.
      scary sell off last couple hours going on

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
        wouldn't like to be holding Bitcon overnight.
        scary sell off last couple hours going on
        I don't see much different? Sell to $8k and then support back up. It has been in that pattern for 3 days now. Which way it goes eventually is anyone's guess at the moment.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
          I don't see much different? Sell to $8k and then support back up. It has been in that pattern for 3 days now. Which way it goes eventually is anyone's guess at the moment.

Opr
          Might just be safer taking it all off the exchanges.
          One of mine went down to 0.000001 eth or something mad like that
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
            Might just be safer taking it all off the exchanges.
            One of mine went down to 0.000001 eth or something mad like that
            Its grand, you need to do some hodling

I've been ducking in and out of Tether but there is no calling this. Like support just came rushing back in again at the $8k. Some fun to watch. I think it has been down at that level 14/15 times over the last few days and keeps coming back up.

IF YOU FEEL LIKE TIPPING:BTC: bc1q2hlp2fdlllk5jy4zxsj8pctms3sz4h5zzzheqjBCH: qq88x8lewx9akeufg8cuunl07e8rttrufcprgrpd6tETH: 0xEB7dC5D228c246E3D87F978AA0c316e...

Opr

Comment

Funny thing while these markets may be completely overpriced and I came into it all for a gamble. I am now a complete convert on the technology. You would have to be a complete moron having actually used the technology with a little understanding to not come to that conclusion.

Opr

Comment

Funny thing while these markets may be completely overpriced and I came into it all for a gamble. I am now a complete convert on the technology. You would have to be a complete moron having actually used the technology with a little understanding to not come to that conclusion.

Opr
                Exactly which of the technologies in play do you mean and which conclusions about them?
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I imagine he means blockchain, which will be used in a huge amount of industry. The real key is differentiating a blockchain service from a cloud based one and not trying to incorporate it for the sake of it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Exactly which of the technologies in play do you mean and which conclusions about them?
                      The whole diatribe that we all know so well from the mantra that is repeated ad nauseam about a free, decentralized system etc is quite tired at this stage but when you actually go and send money half way around the world, completely free, instantaneous and without any third part involved. It is quite an empowering thing which strikes a cord. I think this is why you have so many evangelist around the area. You have people on the outside that just want to scoff at the rampant speculation while forgetting that this industry is doing new cutting edge things.

This technology is in its infancy so its impossible to tell which parts of the system will survive and flourish and is currently like picking a needle from a haystack. ETH has only been around a few years for instance but if you listen to Vitalik Buterin talk it is hard not to be struck by his intelligence and vision. Right across the industry I hear people of a similar ilk talk about this technology in ways that make me feel like we have only scratched the surface on what this will become.

I would be really interested btw to hear why I am wrong as I am thinking about doing something related to the industry so I am really open to having my enthusiasm shot down.

Opr

Comment

blockchain in particular smart contracts will impact all kinds of inventory, sales and record based industries.

Think of it this way, block chain is pretty much at Web 1.0 levels of innovation at the moment.
                        It's uses and applications havent yet been realized in any meaningful way.

In my own place, I'm doing some rudimentary study into the effect of blockchains on claims processing in car accidents.
                        Fraud is rampant in car accidents. Eliminating it would be a beneficial result for all parties
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

The tech may well be revolutionary doesn’t mean random chumps are gonna be allowed become millionaires off the back of it. Surely companies will just cherry pick and develop their own versions , eth platform sounds interesting but I can’t understand how holding the token is gonna make you rich

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                            The tech may well be revolutionary doesn’t mean random chumps are gonna be allowed become millionaires off the back of it. Surely companies will just cherry pick and develop their own versions , eth platform sounds interesting but I can’t understand how holding the token is gonna make you rich
                            Ether functions like cash in the Ethereum blockchain. Think of Ethereum as a network on which apps are built. The apps built on this network require work to be done within the network which is paid for by Ether which is the token the network uses. Unlike many of the nonsensical token used in many of the current ideas, ether is fundamental to how the whole Ethereum system works. I have seen it described probably better as petrol to run a car.

If more and more apps are developed on the network then it stands to reason that as demand increases then price increases. People talk about this like creating something from thin air which is then attributed value for no reason. The blockchain has miners which validates transactions through majority consensus. This is work done and it is is becoming more and more expensive as the network grows. I am pretty unclear how the whole system operates with regards to supply as I don't think it is fixed like BTC.

Seen a funny tweet yesterday about the price of GPU's getting out of control as they are being used to mine for digital money and supply Virtual reality needs. The cyperpunk era is upon us and people just haven't noticed

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              Anyone want to offer odds that BTC will suffer a >50% downswong in 2018?

(that's any peak to trough movement in 2018 by the way, so if BTC starts at 20k, hits 8k and recovers to 10 zillion, I win)
                              Would have won this today.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Would have won this today.
                                  Wonder if you would get any takers on the same bet starting at todays prices?

Comment

US Stock Market collapse unfolding...the real fun starts now...

Comment

Carnage atm. Mate of mine who was been into this for a couple of years, peaked at a milly from nothing a few months ago thinks this particular crash has potential to hit 2k maybe even lower. In the same breath he doesnt seem unduely concerned and thinks the bounce when it comes will break through 20k for BC and then the moon as the cytponerds like to say. Most of the guys, even impassioned believers in cypto accept there is a relatively decent chance that it will totally collapse but anyone I have spoken to that has made this their livlihood believes in it steadfast long term.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                        Carnage atm. Mate of mine who was been into this for a couple of years, peaked at a milly from nothing a few months ago thinks this particular crash has potential to hit 2k maybe even lower. In the same breath he doesnt seem unduely concerned and thinks the bounce when it comes will break through 20k for BC and then the moon as the cytponerds like to say. Most of the guys, even impassioned believers in cypto accept there is a relatively decent chance that it will totally collapse but anyone I have spoken to that has made this their livlihood believes blindly hopes in it steadfast long term.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                          Wonder if you would get any takers on the same bet starting at todays prices?
                                          Of course I would, all the true believers should be queueing up to take my.money.

Just about to go under $6k I see...
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Of course I would, all the true believers should be queueing up to take my.money.

Just about to go under $6k I see...
                                            Sounds like a decent time to buy

That bet is like asking the believers of global warming to bet that the temperature won't go lower over the year.
                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 06-02-18, 10:16.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  fwiw, buying when prices are falling is an absolute mugs game. You want to see some rebounds before re-entering market as a sign that the falling trend might have been broken.
                                                  catching falling knives ftw

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                    Belief and blind hope are for the most part not a million miles removed. Not much blind about the way the lads Im talking go about their business but I appreciate the point you are making. Not sure why it it so hard for people to imagine the way we do business will change to the unrecognizably and within a very short space of time.

Comment

Comment

To be honest you just have to embrace the the shadiest of it all. I am currently deeply involved in XRB. The whole situation around it is insane. So they setup this coin on a new technology called a block lattice. It was flat enough for a long period in the market but underwent an enormous growth in a very short time. It went from under a dollar to 30 bucks in the space of around a month.

They at that time only had one small exchange that served all the XRB trading, BitGrail. They have since introduced another small one and Binance is due to launch at any time. The current situation is incredible though. The owner of BitGrail the small exchange trading it allowed deposit/withdrawals for months with no issues. Now that he realises the exchange is going under he is pulling all shorts of shady moves.

He firstly forced people to start doing KYC. Crashed the market. He posted today that he won't allow people outside Europe to withdraw XRB full stop so the only way they have out is to terminate the account and convert to BTC to withdraw. This completely crashed the price. You even had a situation earlier where the same coin was trading on BitGrail for 11 as people dumped it trying to get money out as opposed to 17 on KuCoin. He is basically controlling the price of the coin and able to gobble them up for himself on the exchange by forcing people to sell them at a hugely reduced price. Thankfully while I did buy on BitGrail, I sent them to a wallet straight after each time.

Complete wild, wild west.

Opr
                                                        So this all came to a head yesterday with the exchange claiming they are missing 17 million XRB (around 12% of circulating supply) or about $150m.

Been an issue for months and they were probably being dumped on the market for weeks prior to the announcement. No wonder the price never went anywhere. The owner of the exchange looks neck deep in whatever was going on. Someone on reddit posted about the problem 10 days ago and yet the exchange owner only claims to have become aware of the problem yesterday

Chat log from the Dev/Exchnage owner as he tells them about the problem is interesting - https://www.dropbox.com/s/3g38y67luo...t_log.pdf?dl=0

Opr
                                                        Last edited by Opr; 10-02-18, 13:34.

Comment

Comment

The dropbox is interesting, even without knowing much background. But what is the background? Like who are the three people.
                                                            So 'The Bomber' in the conversation is the guy that owns BitGrail. It was the original exchange that XRB partnered with to sell it on launch. Colin is the creator of XRB and Zack is one of the lead developers. They in theory should have no relationship other than one is like a shop owner (Bomber) that sells a new product exclusively for a period of time for Zack/Colin, the guys behind the product.

BitGrail would have been a tiny corner shop at that stage. Since XRB blew up out of nowhere it went from corner shop to supermarket overnight. Bomber claims to have no clue the funds were going missing over a large period of time despite someone on reddit questioning missing funds they could see on the blockchain about 2 weeks back. No way Bomber wasn't aware of the issue. All sorts of shady things have happened in that period like him closing withdrawals recently and demanding everyone verify accounts under new Italian laws that no one could find implemented. If he was stealing then it was a nice way to get a load of clean identification to wash the funds on other exchanges.

Another version of events is that the site was coded really badly and people were getting double deposits for a period of time. Bomber tried to cover this by arbing XRB between exchanges but when the big crash happened he wasn't able to make up the short fall. It is really unknown at this point what the actual version of events is but whatever Bomber is knee deep in some kind of extremely dodgy stuff.

BitGrail Statement

Important notice
                                                            Bitgrail S.r.l. Informs its users that internal checks revealed unauthorized transactions which led to a 17 million Nano shortfall, an amount forming part of the wallet managed by Bitgrail S.r.l.

Today a charge about those fraudulent activities has been submitted to the competent authorities and now is under police investigation.

We inform you that the other currencies have not been involved.

In order to conduct further verifications, all the activities will be temporarily suspended (including withdrawals and deposits). This procedure is indispensable for users security.

We do offer our full and sincerest apologies to our customers and to whom has been involved into the illegal transfers of Nano occurred on our platform.

Other announcements will be released shortly.

Thank you for your attention.
                                                            Nano response:

On February 8th, 2018, the Nano Core team was informed by Francesco “The Bomber” Firano — owner and operator of the BitGrail exchange — of a loss from the BitGrail wallet. Our team promptly contacted law enforcement and we are fully cooperating with law enforcement on this matter.

From our own preliminary investigation, no double spending was detected on the ledger and we have no reason to believe the loss was due to an issue in the Nano protocol. The problems appear to be related to BitGrail’s software.

We had no knowledge of BitGrail’s insolvency prior to February 8th.

In our conversation yesterday (which you can find attached.. adding back shortly), Firano informed us of missing funds from BitGrail’s wallet. An option suggested by Firano was to modify the ledger in order to cover his losses — which is not possible, nor is it a direction we would ever pursue.

BitGrail is an independent business and Nano is not responsible for the way Firano or BitGrail conduct their business. We have no visibility into the BitGrail organization, nor do we have control over how they operate.

We now have sufficient reason to believe that Firano has been misleading the Nano Core Team and the community regarding the solvency of the BitGrail exchange for a significant period of time.

We will not be responding to individual posts or accusations by Firano regarding this situation. We are preparing all information we have on the matter such as blockchain entries, screenshots, and chat logs and presenting them to law enforcement.

Please refer to our Twitter account @nanocurrency for future links to official statements.

Thank you,
                                                            The Nano Core Team
                                                            Some guy on reddit going an AMA that had 147k XRB or $1.4 worth on BitGrail - https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurre..._the_bitgrail/

Opr
                                                            Last edited by Opr; 10-02-18, 14:38.

Comment

Comment

Any thoughts on using Revolut to buy and store bitcoin?

My account got upgraded today to allow me to do Bitcoin transactions

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                  Any thoughts on using Revolut to buy and store bitcoin?

My account got upgraded today to allow me to do Bitcoin transactions
                                                                  You aren't really buying BTC. You never actually own any BTC or have access to the keys associated with it. You have an IOU on Revolut, linked to the price of BTC.

It is probably a safe way of gaining exposure to crypto, without having to bother with storage of Bitcoin. I seen people complaining that the margin was quite high when selling maybe like 5% but maybe that has changed and I am unsure how they deal with any forks.

Opr

Comment

Ripple coming to revolut:

Comment

Comment

I see bitcoin has doubled in about three weeks Are all the altcoins up along with it or its a bitcoin specific move? And on that note - is there something like an index to track general altcoin price direction?
                                                                        Mostly moved with BTC. Some alts will have deviated quite a bit in terms of value lost or gained but in the main bitcoin controls the entire market still and has returned to close to 40% dominance. I am not sure of an actual index but here is a index fund which should give some idea.

Market cap and prices across the board are pretty much where they stood just at the start of the December madness. BTC has had a go at breaking what is huge resistance to go past 12 a few days back been rejected and at this point might have another go or head right back down.

On the up side for myself Nano seems to have shaken off the storm and back making ground after a pretty horrific few weeks. I still think it has the most potential out of everything I have looked at for large scale adoption. Lucky too that one of the early investors in CoinBase is a big fan and seems to have restored market confidence in it pretty quickly with a few well timed tweets.

Opr

Comment

Incredible scenes, Nano goes from a trade volume of around an average of $20m to $400m in one day These markets never cease to amaze in how rotten to the core the whole thing is. Oh well glad to get out at the highs and hopefully buy back in at some point. Sad to let Nano go but I don't have a fucking clue what is going on with this manipulation.

Opr

Comment

I should just rename this thread to Nano-watch. This couldn't be working out any better. I bought back in on the dip (Not nearly as many as I had) and this is off flying again. Charlie Lee creator of Litecoin has been asking questions about it today over on reddit which has really upped its profile.

Originally posted by Charlie Lee
                                                                            Someone I met tonight was really excited about it and urged me to look into it.

I like what I see so far. Dev team with their heads screwed on straight. Good visions of doing transfer of value only and doing it right. Still not sure how it can achieve it without tradeoffs. But so far, I don't see any glaring holes in the approach.
                                                                            Thanks Charlie, I owe you a pint.

Opr

Comment

I'm new to all this, can someone tell me what the best way of changing ETH into EURO and getting it into an Irish bank account?

I have a coinbase account but I've heard bad things about them, is there a better option?

Comment

Originally posted by robin View Post
                                                                                I'm new to all this, can someone tell me what the best way of changing ETH into EURO and getting it into an Irish bank account?

I have a coinbase account but I've heard bad things about them, is there a better option?
                                                                                You have ETH and you want to go to Euro? Or the other way around? Coinbase have extremely high fees but if you transfer funds to their sister exchange site GDax which you automatically have an account on when you register for Coinbase you can trade without the high fees. You can sell the ETH on Gdax and send it back to bank account via sepa transfer for a few cent.

Opr

Comment

For anyone that might care these are Charlie's questions with replies from one of the devs. The thread has much more detailed answers from some of the community which go into more technical specifics.

Questions:

Hey guys, I was told to check out Nano, so I did. I read the whitepaper. Claims of high scalability, decentralized, no fees, and instant transactions seem too good to be true. There must be tradeoffs, right?

Can anyone help answer some questions I have:

1) What happens when there is a netsplit and 2 halves of the network have voted in conflicting blocks? How will the 2 sides ever converge when they start communicating with each other?

2) I know that validators are not currently incentivized. This is a centralization force. Are there plans to address this concern?

3) When is coins considered confirmed? Can coins that have been received still be rolled back if a conflicting send is seen in the network and the validators vote in that send?

4) As computers get more powerful, the PoW becomes easier to compute. Will the system adjust the difficulty of computing the work accordingly? If not, DoS attacks becomes easier.

5) Transaction flooding attack seems fairly cheap to pull off. This will make it harder for people to run full nodes, resulting in centralization. Any plans to address this?

Thanks!
                                                                                  Reply from one of the devs. Some of the community have given much more detailed responses in the thread.

Hey Charlie,

Thanks for stopping by! Right now most of our development time is spent working on improvements around performance and some of the outstanding questions like spam attacks. I’m happy to give you my take on some of the questions you asked.

Question: What happens when there is a netsplit and 2 halves of the network have voted in conflicting blocks? How will the 2 sides ever converge when they start communicating with each other?

Answer: If the network had split and a transaction was somehow confirmed in both partitions, the nodes have a procedure to find ledger differences. They would then request a vote on the conflicting transaction.

Question: I know that validators are not currently incentivized. This is a centralization force. Are there plans to address this concern?

Answer: Nano’s goal is to make the validation process as inexpensive as possible; as higher cost validation requires stronger incentives. We have seen that if validation cost is sufficiently low, vendors & other service providers will be happy to run validation nodes as an inexpensive operating cost in return for lower payment processing fees.

In addition, we have some really cool projects that are being developed which will drive users to run their own nodes and provide turn-key solutions for anyone who wishes to do so.

Question: When are coins considered confirmed? Can coins that have been received still be rolled back if a conflicting send is seen in the network and the validators vote in that send?

Answer: A transaction is confirmed when a quorum of the online vote weight has voted for it and all nodes are programmed to bandwagon to the winning transaction. If a conflicting send is published after quorum has been reached, nodes won’t vote on the new send since a different conflicting one has already reached critical mass.

Question: As computers get more powerful, the PoW becomes easier to compute. Will the system adjust the difficulty of computing the work accordingly? If not, DoS attacks becomes easier.

Question: Transaction flooding attack seems fairly cheap to pull off. This will make it harder for people to run full nodes, resulting in centralization. Any plans to address this?

Answer: We’re exploring a combination of improving our consensus protocol in order to prioritize validating transactions, as well as either increasing our PoW difficulty and/or allowing prioritization partially based on higher-order PoW solutions.

We would be happy to discuss Nano with you further if you have any follow-up questions, I’ll DM you contact information. Thanks again for stopping by!

Opr

Comment

You have ETH and you want to go to Euro? Or the other way around? Coinbase have extremely high fees but if you transfer funds to their sister exchange site GDax which you automatically have an account on when you register for Coinbase you can trade without the high fees. You can sell the ETH on Gdax and send it back to bank account via sepa transfer for a few cent.

Opr
                                                                                    Great thanks for the reply. I have ETH and want Euro. Sounds like that's the way to do it.

Out of curiosity, why would anyone use Coinbase instead of Gdax if that's the case?

Also the ETH is currently on another exchange, would it be either easier or cheaper to just send it straight to Gdax?

Comment

Great thanks for the reply. I have ETH and want Euro. Sounds like that's the way to do it.

Out of curiosity, why would anyone use Coinbase instead of Gdax if that's the case?

Also the ETH is currently on another exchange, would it be either easier or cheaper to just send it straight to Gdax?
                                                                                      What exchange is it on? If they have a fiat gateway like Kraken you should be able to send it straight back to bank account via sepa. If not then yeah send straight to Gdax.

Lots of people don't even know about Gdax and just pay the fees. Plus you need a second ID to get registered for Gdax to use it and they can be very picky about ID and many people just give up which I would say is the plan behind it

Opr

Comment

What exchange is it on? If they have a fiat gateway like Kraken you should be able to send it straight back to bank account via sepa. If not then yeah send straight to Gdax.

Lots of people don't even know about Gdax and just pay the fees. Plus you need a second ID to get registered for Gdax to use it and they can be very picky about ID and many people just give up which I would say is the plan behind it

Opr
                                                                                        Its on allcoin at the moment. I have a Kraken account too although I've never used it, would that be preferable to Gdax?

Comment

Its on allcoin at the moment. I have a Kraken account too although I've never used it, would that be preferable to Gdax?
                                                                                          Either should work fine. I would go for Gdax if you are registered with them and have verified IDs. Kraken let you withdraw I think up to 1 BTC worth of currency with just tier 2 verification which is just name/address info.

Opr

Comment

Looks like Charlie liked the answers he got. Some endorsement to get off him. FOMO

Opr

Comment

This is you.Donate: BTC: 17pq2BcAVbaeXQgpZJ9Brw7qGW5YGGQUT9ERC20: 0x7175CE963017307f6e57cE89CDb29a761E25aBFFXMR: 83vDTyehsLQZHGcpr8mSs3dJBV5Xo7Ht919VHz31X1QE...
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Loads of drama currently. Binance users reporting accounts getting sold off hence the big BTC dump. Binance say they are dealing with it and will be reversing all trades. I've no idea how they will go about that.

Plus this:

Now We Know Who Sold the Bottom at $6k And Perhaps Tried To Crash Bitcoin?

Opr
                                                                                                Last edited by Opr; 07-03-18, 21:22.

Comment

Comment

Someone wants to pay me in BTC. Wheres the best place to set up an account so I can transfer in and out and withdraw/lodge easily. Won't be doing any investing in alT coins and don't plan on holding any btc.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                      Someone wants to pay me in BTC. Wheres the best place to set up an account so I can transfer in and out and withdraw/lodge easily. Won't be doing any investing in alT coins and don't plan on holding any btc.
                                                                                                      If you don't plan on holding and just want to cash it as received then probably best to just setup an account on Coinbase and get them to send payments directly to your BTC Coinbase address and just cashout as received.

Use GDax (Coinbase sister exchange) to trade from BTC to Euro and Sepa transfer to bank account to do the whole thing as cheaply as possible.

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

I'm shocked those identical graphs from the past 5 years aren't holding up this year
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Been doing decently considering the market is getting rekted. I've been buying and selling just based on info and been doing pretty well lately. The time to keep up to date with the markets is far too much but I keep an eye on a twitter crypto feed I setup and dip into the reddit forums. If you can get info early the markets are wildly inefficient at pricing things in quickly. When you get information the impact of something likely doesn't filter into a market reaction for a couple of hours after the information goes public.

Binance announce decentralized exchange on twitter --> Buy Binance coin.
                                                                                                            Charlie Lee asking about Nano in the Nano forum on reddit --> Buy Nano.
                                                                                                            Yesterday Coinbase announced support for erc20 tokens --> Buy BAT

30-50% on day trades by just jumping on the info as soon as it hit. Nano was around 130%.

If you could script some kind of scrapper for twitter and reddit forums for key news relating to coins it would be extremely lucrative. I've been too lazy and not enough time to give it a go. I just wish I had been a little more experienced when I was in the markets around Xmas as while I did very well but I hadn't of held so many coins like a pleb when they had 5x'd already it could have been far far better.

Only holding small amounts of ENJ/OMG currently. Will buy back some BAT if it dips enough.

I can only imagine traders who know what they are doing, are and have been absolutely coining it from these markets. You're basically getting to trade with majority dumb money all day, every day.

Opr

Comment

The altcoins btw are especially hard to turn profits in the current bear market. You are watching both the dollar and sat price to gauge whether movement is related to BTC or actual altcoin. Then when you need to trade generally alt/$ markets don't exists so you can't set stop losses and then also have to trade to BTC then to $ when you want to trade out. You are not only relying on the info you are trading on pumping the specific coin but that BTC doesn't dump during that period. It is much easier when you think the market is generally going to turn positive and can just buy BTC.

Currently an extremely interesting time to be watching BTC as its back down near the lows of the past dips when it has previously gotten huge support back up over the last few months. Interesting to see what happens as plenty of people predicting it will bounce again and many saying it will fall through this time.

Opr
                                                                                                              Last edited by Opr; 27-03-18, 22:20.

Comment

30-50% on day trades by just jumping on the info as soon as it hit. Nano was around 130%.

Opr

Comment

Been doing decently considering the market is getting rekted. I've been buying and selling just based on info and been doing pretty well lately. The time to keep up to date with the markets is far too much but I keep an eye on a twitter crypto feed I setup and dip into the reddit forums. If you can get info early the markets are wildly inefficient at pricing things in quickly. When you get information the impact of something likely doesn't filter into a market reaction for a couple of hours after the information goes public.

If you could script some kind of scrapper for twitter and reddit forums for key news relating to coins it would be extremely lucrative. I've been too lazy and not enough time to give it a go. I just wish I had been a little more experienced when I was in the markets around Xmas as while I did very well but I hadn't of held so many coins like a pleb when they had 5x'd already it could have been far far better.

Only holding small amounts of ENJ/OMG currently. Will buy back some BAT if it dips enough.

I can only imagine traders who know what they are doing, are and have been absolutely coining it from these markets. You're basically getting to trade with majority dumb money all day, every day.

Opr
                                                                                                                  Friend in work has made scripts that take it a step further, doesn't bother with scarping news but looks for patterns on the exchanges that results from such news and buys/sells based on that. Impressive figures for him so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                    Friend in work has made scripts that take it a step further, doesn't bother with scarping news but looks for patterns on the exchanges that results from such news and buys/sells based on that. Impressive figures for him so far.
                                                                                                                    That seems like a good angle. I had one that was monitoring Binance for new coin listings which always pumped when they went live but more and more people obviously copped the same thing to the point that new listings are generally flat now. I've also been buying coins that have events coming up and dumping them in advance of the event happening like roadmaps, mainnet launches etc which is really profitable. Coins always pump in the anticipation of an event and then dump right before or during it. Pretty sure you could scrape the information on upcoming major events for all coins in the coming month and then filter the results for the best ones based on further criteria but again haven't attempted it.

I can't say I am particularly enjoying finding angles. Its a complete time sink keeping an eye on prices and playing the angles unless you are automating the whole thing. I guess I should be more pragmatic about it but it was much more fun gambling on random coins cause you liked the idea I would guess people really putting in the time are still able to make fortunes.

I'm really just trying to keep a foot in the game and gain some experience as I want to be in a position to take full advantage if the market does turn. Print all the Tether

Opr
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Opr; 28-03-18, 20:36.

Comment

That seems like a good angle. I had one that was monitoring Binance for new coin listings which always pumped when they went live but more and more people obviously copped the same thing to the point that new listings are generally flat now. I've also been buying coins that have events coming up and dumping them in advance of the event happening like roadmaps, mainnet launches etc which is really profitable. Coins always pump in the anticipation of an event and then dump right before or during it. Pretty sure you could scrape the information on upcoming major events for all coins in the coming month and then filter the results for the best ones based on further criteria but again haven't attempted it.

I can't say I am particularly enjoying finding angles. Its a complete time sink keeping an eye on prices and playing the angles unless you are automating the whole thing. I guess I should be more pragmatic about it but it was much more fun gambling on random coins cause you liked the idea I would guess people really putting in the time are still able to make fortunes.

I'm really just trying to keep a foot in the game and gain some experience as I want to be in a position to take full advantage if the market does turn. Print all the Tether

Opr
                                                                                                                      He had the same things few months back, gotta evolve them scripts. I can't be bothered yet, I buy and dont really look at it.

Comment

Some on here might be interested in giving this a go. A puzzle which when solved leads presumably to a private key worth 1BTC. Someone posted it on Reddit a few hours ago.

Link with details

Link to the Reddit Thread

Opr
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Opr; 19-05-18, 21:14.

Comment

Not sure if anyone has much time for the ol' cryptocurrencies these days But the lads on boards are going crazy about a new airdrop - apologies for the affiliate-like invite link but I believe it is invite only: https://initiativeq.com/invite/BbfUzQIX7

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X