Aintree 2015 tipping competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aintree 2015 tipping competition

Same as the Cheltenham version (although I will require selections to be posted as a table this time, details to follow):

1. €50 entry fee. Winner takes 100% of the prize pool. You must pay in advance via bank transfer (PM for details if you don't have already). Don't whinge about this, everyone has online banking these days.

You are only entered when your money hits my account. My account is with AIB so if your isn't, you should probably pay 3 workings days before the off to ensure entry. AIB to AIB should be instant.
    I will pay out the prizepool immediately following the Festival to your bank account.

2. You get 1,000 fantasy euro to wager on the upcoming Aintree festival. Winner is obviously the person with the largest fantasy 'bank' at the end of the week.

3. Max bet per race is 100 fantasy euro. Win or each-way bets only (no place only bets). Minimum bet per race is 20 fantasy euro. You do not have to bet in every race. You can back more than one horse in a single race (up to a total stake of 100 in that race) but multiple selections can only add up to 100 fantasy euro max in that race. No doubles\trebles etc.
    The Place portion of any Each Way bet will be paid at 1/4 the odds of the S.P., number of places paid to be as per the bookies rules on the race.

3. You must wager a minimum of 250 fantasy euro per day of racing (unless you start the day with less in your bank)

4. All bets for each day's racing must be nominated in this thread by 1pm on each day of racing. If you have not posted by then, you will be presumed to have placed no bets for that day. One post per entrant per day. You can edit your post up to 1pm as much as you like, any editing after 1pm will result in forfeit of 750 fantasy euro and your bets for that day being null and void.

5. All bets are at official starting prices.

6. All my decisions are final and any disagreement is pointless.

7. I will post an updated League table each evening after the day's racing.

8. If you select a horse that is subsequently declared a non-runner (and do not amend your post before 1pm), your stake is automatically transferred to the favourite in that race. In the case of joint or co-favourites, it will transfer to the horse with the lowest racecard number.

9. I am a generous old bollix so all races will be Double Result (i.e. FPP and RoR).

Happy punting.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Runs from Thurs 9th to Sat 11th April if you were wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
      In and €50 transferred from my Swiss Bank Account to you just now.
      ...So this is how the big fish do it ...

...I'm in, will ship next week, P45 job yesterday so next week is a good pay check :-)...

Comment

In
        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

In like the last name of Denny Crane.

Pm plz
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Inski, funds sent(from my normy Irish account).

TY for running again, glutton for hard work obv.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
              Inski, funds sent(from my normy Irish account).

TY for running again, glutton for hard work obv.
              I got to the Friday of Chelts feeling sorry for myself and all the work I had put myself through. Then discovered the ISNA function in Excel and also realised I could make peeps post their bets in table form, thus enabling c&p. Ready to go with v2.0 now and should be very little work to it now.

tldr; less of an idiot now, still an idiot.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

What does point 9 mean?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                    What does point 9 mean?
                    Standard treatment nowadays. So if you back Mickey Mouse to win and I back Donald Duck.

Mickey beats Donald but causes interference and is disqualified.

Mickey is first under the FPP rule (first past the post). Donald is first under RoR (rules of racing). Under rule 9, we will both have backed the winner!

Comment

Comment

Money sent
                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

entry €€ sent

Comment

Bump-o-rama.

Comment

Just wired there now. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                What does point 9 mean?
                                It's a little less than one but more than 4 fifths!

Comment

Runners and riders thus far (i.e. moniez received)
                                  1. Gimmeabreak
                                  2. nicnicnic
                                  3. The Situation
                                  4. Solksjaer
                                  5. RDIII
                                  6. rounders123
                                  7. elbows

Please put your IPB name on any transfer if possible!

Comment

50 bucks transferred just there. Lodged in branch.

Comment

PM bank info please

Comment

posting bets

please post your bets in a table this time, per the below:

Comment

Only just realised I'm on a stag in Prague that weekend. Thursday and Fri selections should be fine, hopefully I've it wrapped up by then as Sat's choices won't be chosen from an any way rational state, well less so than usual at least.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                            Only just realised I'm on a stag in Prague that weekend. Thursday and Fri selections should be fine, hopefully I've it wrapped up by then as Sat's choices won't be chosen from an any way rational state, well less so than usual at least.
                                            hopefully Tony Martin has a few runners to simplify matters

Comment

1. Gimmeabreak
                                              2. nicnicnic
                                              3. The Situation
                                              4. Solksjaer
                                              5. RDIII
                                              6. rounders123
                                              7. elbows
                                              8. Lazare

Comment

Been away for a few days, will ship via bank tonight.

Comment

details on inserting a table in here ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                    details on inserting a table in here ?
                                                    I'll post the Dummies Guide nearer the off

Comment

Comment

Found the table button. (need dummies guide)
                                                        Last edited by elbows; 24-03-15, 21:50.
                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Shipped from AIB, Ref - Jibzzzz.

Ty for running once again.

Comment

Just lodged my donation in an AIB branch.

Comment

Sent

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                Sent
                                                                Did you send GBP rather than EUR?

Got a failure text message when I tried to collect.

Comment

1. Gimmeabreak
                                                                  2. nicnicnic
                                                                  3. The Situation
                                                                  4. Solksjaer
                                                                  5. RDIII
                                                                  6. rounders123
                                                                  7. elbows
                                                                  8. Lazare
                                                                  9. Jibzzzz
                                                                  10. No RiverRequired

Comment

money sent

Comment

...Just shipped money now...Thanks for running...

Comment

1. Gimmeabreak
                                                                        2. nicnicnic
                                                                        3. The Situation
                                                                        4. Solksjaer
                                                                        5. RDIII
                                                                        6. rounders123
                                                                        7. elbows
                                                                        8. Lazare
                                                                        9. Jibzzzz
                                                                        10. No RiverRequired
                                                                        11. Frossach
                                                                        12. luckforsome

Comment

£37 sent. Already feels like I'm winning ...

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                            £37 sent. Already feels like I'm winning ...
                                                                            I should deuct charges and commission from any winnings

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                              Did you send GBP rather than EUR?

Got a failure text message when I tried to collect.
                                                                              Don't know what the issue was... Will just send this evening

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                Don't know what the issue was... Will just send this evening
                                                                                technology strikes back imo - knew it was all too easy the first time

12 runners and riders so far - 2 weeks out

bodes well for a bumper pot for the winner

Comment

#41
                                                                                  ...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Lads I have a room in the Aldephi in Liverpool for Aintree if anyone is looking for one, two lads pulled out, the hotel is fully booked, room will cost £600 from the Thursday to Sunday, 3 nights, open to offers.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      1. Gimmeabreak
                                                                                      2. nicnicnic
                                                                                      3. The Situation
                                                                                      4. Solksjaer
                                                                                      5. RDIII
                                                                                      6. rounders123
                                                                                      7. elbows
                                                                                      8. Lazare
                                                                                      9. Jibzzzz
                                                                                      10. No RiverRequired
                                                                                      11. Frossach
                                                                                      12. luckforsome
                                                                                      13. White Knight
                                                                                      14. Hitch

Comment

#44
                                                                                        A mere 8 days to kickoff. Tell your friends and slight acquaintances.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          I might sit this out, I'm travelling in the ME during Aintree and between being busy and the pain in the arse it can be to get online to the racing sites from there.
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                            A mere 8 days to kickoff. Tell your friends and slight acquaintances.
                                                                                            I would love to have played this time but..... ill be too busy sipping vino lying on a sun lounger basking in the sun, maybe next time?
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

#47
                                                                                              1. Gimmeabreak
                                                                                              2. nicnicnic
                                                                                              3. The Situation
                                                                                              4. Solksjaer
                                                                                              5. RDIII
                                                                                              6. rounders123
                                                                                              7. elbows
                                                                                              8. Lazare
                                                                                              9. Jibzzzz
                                                                                              10. No RiverRequired
                                                                                              11. Frossach
                                                                                              12. luckforsome
                                                                                              13. White Knight
                                                                                              14. Hitch
                                                                                              15. mcnugget

Comment

#48

€800 currently up for grabs
                                                                                                1. Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                2. nicnicnic
                                                                                                3. The Situation4
                                                                                                4. Solksjaer
                                                                                                5. RDIII
                                                                                                6. rounders123
                                                                                                7. elbows
                                                                                                8. Lazare
                                                                                                9. Jibzzzz
                                                                                                10. No RiverRequired
                                                                                                11. Frossach
                                                                                                12. luckforsome
                                                                                                13. White Knight
                                                                                                14. Hitch
                                                                                                15. mcnugget
                                                                                                16. Pat Custard

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Count me in too, will transfer today, have your details from last time

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Free entry to this if you win AW tipping comp . Thread open .

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      In and shipped. Ty

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                        Free entry to this if you win AW tipping comp . Thread open .
                                                                                                        WP Horatio!

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          I'm in obviously and will ship the 2 entries Tuesday.

Comment

#54

€850 currently up for grabs
                                                                                                            1. Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                            2. nicnicnic
                                                                                                            3. The Situation4
                                                                                                            4. Solksjaer
                                                                                                            5. RDIII
                                                                                                            6. rounders123
                                                                                                            7. elbows
                                                                                                            8. Lazare
                                                                                                            9. Jibzzzz
                                                                                                            10. No RiverRequired
                                                                                                            11. Frossach
                                                                                                            12. luckforsome
                                                                                                            13. White Knight
                                                                                                            14. Hitch
                                                                                                            15. mcnugget
                                                                                                            16. Pat Custard
                                                                                                            17. New Approach

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Shipped two entries by bank transfer said it will be in your account weds. I'm presuming someone will take Pat up on his offer from the AW comp.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Shipped.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Raoul, you get mine, sent on Thursday?
                                                                                                                  Last edited by poprock; 04-04-15, 20:07.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                                    Raoul, you get mine, sent on Thursday?
                                                                                                                    not yet but I'm sure it will be there Tues. b/h weekend and all that jazz.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Well that didn't work, any chance of a crash course on how to use the Table function?

Edit, second try.

edit 2. ffs
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Lazare; 06-04-15, 19:41.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                        Well that didn't work, any chance of a crash course on how to use the Table function?
                                                                                                                        Yes

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X