What to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do

Very frisky table full of nice gamblers, haven't played with villain before this - literally <10 hands so no reads

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $4.00 BB (4 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

UTG ($324.08)
    Button ($155.49)
    Hero (SB) ($211.76)
    BB ($193.03)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, 7, J, Q
    1 fold, Button bets $8.40, Hero calls $6.40, BB calls $4.40

Flop: ($25.20) 3, 7, 8 (3 players)
    Hero bets $18, 1 fold, Button calls $18

Turn: ($61.20) J (2 players)
    Hero.....?

Let's hear some idea's plz

This is my turn action
    SPOILER
    check, villain bets $32 - your move?
    Go big or go homeless.

Either check call or check fold.
    Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
      Either check call or check fold.
      What kind of range do you think you're against and what would you do vs a river bet?

It's a similar situation that I'm finding I get into vs unknowns quite often and just want to see others thoughts, hand which has been bugging me for hours
      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Check call for me. Still have 6 outs to a house if your beat and you may still be ahead
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
          Check call for me. Still have 6 outs to a house if your beat and you may still be ahead
          so what if the river is a black king
          are you check calling because you're good? or because you're attached to the hand? or just check folding?
          Last edited by mdoug; 31-01-13, 07:17.
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
            so what if the river is a black king
            are you check calling because you're good? or because you're attached to the hand? or just check folding?
            I'm in over my head ha. Depending on bet sizing I probably station it off. Then nod my head when I'm beat.
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
              I'm in over my head ha. Depending on bet sizing I probably station it off. Then nod my head when I'm beat.
              heh sorry for the pressure but actually trying these days and I just want people's reasoning - I know for a fact I make a different play 6 months ago than I did today, just wondering if I've improved or created more holes . I'll let ya be now
              I like the headnod tho, will incorporate that for sure as I'm always beat
              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

If you take a passive line where you induce bluffs then you need to call sometimes. If I call turn i'll reassess river if i don't boat up. He could have 569x or JTxx or any other stuff that he is floating with. Check folding without a read is too weak tight and bet calling is obviously complete spew.
                Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

depends on villain but i like b/f the turn about $40 , people peel flops to fold turn with a very high freq in general in plo and you protect your range by betting. If he raises the turn he always has a straight unless he is bluff raising with blockers and if he is wp him.

He can call turn with worse 2 pairs and it will go x/x on a lot of rivers and you can x/c some blank rivers as most players at these stakes aren't savvy enough to flat the turn with the nut straight even tho imo its a good play.

Comment

Am I the only one just folding this pre flop then?
                    Not to mention just checking the flop as played?
                    I hate the pot bet here on the flop out of position.

Comment

Originally posted by Mormank View Post
                      Am I the only one just folding this pre flop then?
                      Not to mention just checking the flop as played?
                      I hate the pot bet here on the flop out of position.
                      Folding pre is ok but a bit weak against a button open but it's a 3b or fold pre flatting is bad as we want to get HU vs the btn.

Checking this flop as PFR is bad , we are the aggressor and will be betting most flops when we miss so we have to bet top two pair. Also any 4 cards will pick up alot of equity on most turn cards so we need to bet to protect our equity.

Also this is a board that misses our 3b range a large portion of the time so a competent villain will raise this board sometimes as a bluff at which point we should re pot get it in.

Comment

I'd either bet fold or CRAI, think id lean towards CRAI.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                          I'd either bet fold or CRAI, think id lean towards CRAI.
                          if turn was jack spades or diamonds -i think im more likely to CRAI here -just gives opponent something to bet call with

Comment

Originally posted by reilly110 View Post
                            if turn was jack spades or diamonds -i think im more likely to CRAI here -just gives opponent something to bet call with
                            Well yea but villain doesnt have to pick up equity to bet the turn it's a 3b pot so he can peel/float this flop texture fairly wide and then bet this scare card so by CRAI we get value from his bluffs/floats , also we have top 3 pair ie all the blockers so it's tough for him to have much so flushdraw might have a good line.

It would be villain dependent for me and hud dependent which line i'd take in the moment. But i have to say that c/c turn is horrible and the worst turn line, we let him realise his equity w/o gaining any info on his hand range.

Comment

3 bet pot?

Comment

Originally posted by UlDuffer View Post
                                Folding pre is ok but a bit weak against a button open but it's a 3b or fold pre flatting is bad as we want to get HU vs the btn.

Checking this flop as PFR is bad , we are the aggressor and will be betting most flops when we miss so we have to bet top two pair. Also any 4 cards will pick up alot of equity on most turn cards so we need to bet to protect our equity.

Also this is a board that misses our 3b range a large portion of the time so a competent villain will raise this board sometimes as a bluff at which point we should re pot get it in.
                                We are not the PFR in this hand? I said checking it as played, not if we have 3bet. Obviously if we have 3 bet pre we are not checking this flop. As played I am checking here looking for the CRAI, but then again this also depends on the rate at which the button has been c-betting I guess. Also it has to be said that I am probably gonna try CRAI here with most one pair + str8 draw type hands just to add some balance.
                                From the small blind here I don't think I am ever just calling. Re raising or folding all day long here. Unless I have some info on the button raiser I am just gonna fold here and wait for a better spot/hand.

Comment

Originally posted by UlDuffer View Post

Please don't tell me why a check is bad on this flop when we have played the hand completely differently to what the OP stated he did pre flop. I was commenting on how I play this flop as played. Not if we had re raised pre which is a completely different context.

Edit: On second thoughts, having read more of your posts on the subject it is clear to me that one of 3 things happened here. a) you are on some sort of 'hilarious' wind up. b) you don't realise that nobody actualy 3 bet pre c) I don't realise that it was in fact a 3 bet pot pre in which case disregard everyone of my posts in this thread.
                                  Last edited by Mormank; 27-02-13, 13:08.

Comment

Yea my bad , since i thought it was best to 3b or fold pre i convinced my brain it was a 3b pot sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                    X