Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
    Did nidge lose?
    Nah nah, not racing until tomorrow. You can ignore that one, wasn't meant for nidge
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      Its gas that we all insta lump but Id happily follow a few punters on this board in blind on any gamble.

Arazi is one of those punters.
      yeah I think that pretty much sums it up. As they say, gambling isn't always about what you know or how smart you are, it's listening to people who are smarter than you.
      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Gone into 8s with PP now is this because of the lumpage from here or after one of the other favs going out lastnight.
        location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
          Arazi recommended the bet with Boyles to take advantage of their concession. Ppl here really shouldnt be pumping it with PP.
          Would PP be aware of money going on elsewhere? have often wondered about this.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser soze View Post
            Gone into 8s with PP now is this because of the lumpage from here or after one of the other favs going out lastnight.
            Still 10/1 in a few places.

Comment

Arazi recommended the bet with Boyles to take advantage of their concession. Ppl here really shouldnt be pumping it with PP.
              Yeah I am on with boyles I was just asking the question about the move in price

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                Would PP be aware of money going on elsewhere? have often wondered about this.
                I am pretty sure all markets are monitored on other sites,someone on this thread could possibly fill us in with the details.

Comment

Thankfully that rain has stopped. Hopefully some youngsters will emerge to make it exciting. I've filled my kennel to the brim today:

Ballymac vic 33s
                  Tyrur sugar ray 50s
                  Priceless lassie 50s
                  Laughil blake (100s with laddies, unbelievable price)
                  Runaway rover 100s
                  Kilara hey mac 125s
                  Ecclestone 125s
                  General wolf 50s

Good luck to all the Nidge groupies tonight. I hope he qualifies as it would be bad for the derby if he didn't.
                  Last edited by TonyCascarino; 09-08-14, 18:13.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyCascarino View Post
                    Thankfully that rain has stopped. Hopefully some youngsters will emerge to make it exciting. I've filled my kennel to the brim today:

Ballymac vic 33s
                    Tyrur sugar ray 50s
                    Priceless lassie 50s
                    Runaway rover 100s
                    Kilara hey mac 125s
                    Ecclestone 125s

Good luck to all the Nidge groupies tonight. I hope he qualifies as it would be bad for the derby if he didn't.
                    He was 100/1 with boyles for the promo too!!! Only himself and ballymac are the only 2 I have anything on but will watch out for yours anyway, best of luck!

edit: just realised I am hoping for both holdem spy and barefoot apollo in race #1, barefoot in a €10 sweetstake
                    Last edited by mdoug; 09-08-14, 17:52.
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

You sure? Just checked and he's only 66s..I like apollo myself. Have him backed at 5s in that race. Good luck us! Hopefully Blake will give us a good sweat too.

Comment

You sure? Just checked and he's only 66s..I like apollo myself. Have him backed at 5s in that race. Good luck us! Hopefully Blake will give us a good sweat too.
                        Yeah was definitely 100/1 last week, haven't checked since so must have gone in but I remember thinking it was an epic price. First heat now in half an hour... gonna walk to my local boyles and sit my butt down for first 3 races then get some cans to celebrate or drown sorrows

edit: I actually think he was 100/1 when arazi posted but not 100% on that
                        Last edited by mdoug; 09-08-14, 18:09.
                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Yeah, could've been money for him alright

Comment

Results:

4 go through from each race. Will update until race 6 to keep nidge fans up to date as have an empty house and fancy a flutter on the tricasts on the dawgs tbh. 6-1-field 1st race plz

Favourites racing tonight are
                            Holdem Spy race #1 & Vulturi race #1
                            Droopys Nidge race #3
                            Paradise Silva race #4
                            Deanridge Pennies race#5
                            Mind The Net race #9.

Race 1:
                            1st: VULTURI
                            2nd: JAYTEE OSPREY
                            3rd: HOLDEM SPY
                            4th: QUICK BLAZE

Race 2:
                            1st: DROOPYS WARD(impressive)
                            2nd: ABBEY CARLA
                            3rd: GHOST TOWN
                            4th: METRO JACK

Race 3:..... Nidgey time at 8:10
                            1st: DROOPYS NIDGE
                            2nd: NANS TOP BOY
                            3rd: BARNHILL TURBO
                            4th: KILLINAN BABY

Nidge goes through to round #2 in 1st place. 29:95 winning time

Race 4:
                            1st: GENERAL WOLF
                            2nd: HONOUR AND GLORY
                            3rd: ON ALERT
                            4th: CHANGE OF GEAR

Paradise Silva goes out, would have been close to top 10 picks in most peoples books

Race 5:
                            1st: FARLOE QUEST
                            2nd: DROOPYS DAYLEWIS
                            3rd: ECCLESTONE
                            4th: DEANRIDGE PENNYS. 2nd and 3rd might be swapped but am out the door now, paradise only shock tonight
                            Last edited by mdoug; 09-08-14, 19:42.
                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I'd be careful with such comments. The dog is notoriously self conscious about his weight.

Comment

Nidge 29.95 winner and was +2lbs on weigh in
                                What does this mean?

Comment

Weight very important for dogs, Nidge was 70 pound when he done 2800 for the 525 and 71 pound when he done 2932 for the 550. That'd be his racing weight.

Tonight he ran sluggish, won a poor heat. His time was moderate enough by his standards but he ran at 74 pound weight. There's plenty to work on but I'd hope for plenty of improvement next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                    Weight very important for dogs, Nidge was 70 pound when he done 2800 for the 525 and 71 pound when he done 2932 for the 550. That'd be his racing weight.

Tonight he ran sluggish, won a poor heat. His time was moderate enough by his standards but he ran at 74 pound weight. There's plenty to work on but I'd hope for plenty of improvement next week.
                                    Have no doubt tis dog will b a champion but tis dog is only 2 year old he will have to b exceptional puppy to win tis derby and at 10/1 no value wat so ever not about only speed experience and age and luck to win a derby.. Not sayin he won't win it

Comment

Great nights racing. I know it's early but this is really shaping up to be an exciting derby. Nidgey was supposed to be 2 pounds overweight tonight. Gleeson (his trainer) would have done no work on the dog over the week. He knew it was a weak heat and planned accordingly. I thought it was a very professional performance and the dog is being allowed to run into form and into his correct weight as the competition progresses. Gleeson trained tge winner last year and knows how to get a dog through the derby. He knows what he is doing. Anyone on Nidge should be happy so far. There were another few great performances tonight and I hope the best dogs keep getting through. Roll on next week.

Comment

Nidge fared very well in the draw for Rd 2, a Saturday night heat which is what he'll have wanted plus he avoided any of the other major contenders. I'd be pretty disappointed if he doesn't stray them.

Comment

I had a pup named nidge
                                          But my da ran over it
                                          I use the term da because I've been watching a few L.H. Episodes
                                          Of late and the accents and lingo is creeping in
                                          Hope ur nidge fares a bit better than mine and he doesn't get 'clipped'

Comment

I would have thought Borneo in an early heat would be giving him one hell of a race. Known to be a very bad kenneler so being in H2 gives him the opp to put best foot forward?
                                            Well Trainer said on TV once that he's not a good kenneller but he was in a late race last night and ran his race. On first look it's a nice safe draw with Borneo and 4 nothing dogs. As far as qualifying goes it's a great heat for Nidgey.
                                            I'd be hoping to see a big improvement at the traps and a pretty easy win.
                                            Ps I'd need to have a good look at it during the week but Borneo looks to have a horrendous draw in trap 3, immediately inside a fast starting railer.
                                            Last edited by Arazi; 10-08-14, 09:32.

Comment

Droopys nidge was a bit rusty last thers goin to have to b a major improvement in him next week the dog that led him is only a A1 dog around waterford. A lot a nice early pace on the inside of him Borneo razldazl

Comment

I wouldn't have thought it's a great draw for round two myself. Borneo, as already mentioned, is no slouch. Trap 1 is the track record holder in Cork for 550 and Razldazl Al ran a career best 550 last night in a pretty slick 29.76. He has already posted 31.15 for 575 yards this year which is a great run. In fact it was only a shade over 4 lengths off that track record set by the beast Greenwell Hulk. He's also with Dolores Ruth so he has plenty going for him. All three of these dogs would be disappointed not to qualify. I would consider it a pretty decent early teat test for Nidge.

Comment

Haha come on Tony he's in with a 50/1 chance, a 100/1, a 200/1 and 2 500/1 shots. The 100/1 is prob gonna impede the 50/1 at the traps and Nidge is in his plumb trap. He's gotta finish in the top 3 spots. I'd be calling that a pretty ideal draw. I was quite disappointed with what I saw from Nidge last night but am looking forward to a better showing next weekend.

Comment

I'm not quite sure where you are getting those prices from. Anyway, I only spoke about three other dogs in the race. I also assessed their ability on time, not their prices. Fact remains that it's definitely not an easy draw for so early in the competition. Obviously he should qualify but I don't think he'll stray them. I might actually be tempted to have a small bet on Razldazl al in the race itself.
                                                    Last edited by TonyCascarino; 10-08-14, 19:52.

Comment

Oddschecker.

Comment

Well they are very generous prices indeed. May have to have a look myself..

Comment

Is it still worth betting on this? Can someone explain in laymans terms what I say to the bookie/what bookie to go to?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                            Is it still worth betting on this? Can someone explain in laymans terms what I say to the bookie/what bookie to go to?

Droopys Nidge is still 10/1 with Boyles which seems the best price http://www.oddschecker.com/greyhound...d-derby/winner

Tell bookie you want to back "insert dogs name" in the Irish Greyhound Derby.

Comment

Droopys Nidge is still 10/1 with Boyles which seems the best price http://www.oddschecker.com/greyhound...d-derby/winner

Tell bookie you want to back "insert dogs name" in the Irish Greyhound Derby.
                                                              Cheers buddy

Comment

This is what Nidges trainer said yesterday:

He’ll Be Better Next Weekend – Gleeson

The big talking point of Saturday night concerned the performance of ante-post favourite Droopys Nidge in winning his heat in 29.95.

His trainer Robert Gleeson wasn’t worried about appeared to be a lacklustre performance and predicted that he will be much better next week.

Said Robert, “We decided last week not to give him a trial and to keep him fresh as there are six rounds in the Derby. He had three or four gallops alright but he would have needed a trial.

“He is maturing and is developing muscle and his right weight is 72lb. But he weighed 74lb on Saturday and it told on him. He was sluggish in the race but, remember, he hadn’t been in a box for four weeks and you can be assured he will strip a lot fitter next week.

“We will have him checked out tomorrow morning but he looks fine to me. He is a dog that loves to be galloped and we will gallop him on Tuesday and Thursday as usual. That should have him about right for Saturday night”.

So basically he's gambled on the early couple of rounds and so far hopefully it's looked to have paid off in that 1) He's comfortably thru round one and seems to be unscathed 2) He's drawn a Saturday night heat in round 2 and therefore has a full week to prep & 3) He's not drawn a hot heat as he's still likely to be short on fitness for the next 2 weeks. The weight issue is quite a gamble to take as the dog will be still bursting a gut in the race and when overweight can get hurt easier (the same way as we would running a mile at full effort when 15 pounds heavier than our normal weight).
                                                                The reason that he's done this is that in his 2 competitions to date it could be argued that Nidge has regressed, certainly he's missed the break in the final both times. The key to him might be to keep him as fresh as possible. Its a ballsy move.

Comment

He ll want to b improving which he will I have no doubt.. Listen lads tis dogs has done serious clocks around shelbourne for a pup but he didn't race again any top class dogs yet Saturday nite will b a test for him nice bit of early in the heat a handy enough heat he ll want to b on his toes early cause if t4 get ahead of him early goin to the corner he ll hold him up and a lot of early on the inside of him. He should b winning sat nite And doin at lease 29.60 IMO

Comment

Nidge same weight as last week.

Comment

Nidge same weight as last week.
                                                                      Is that good or bad?

Comment

Is that good or bad?
                                                                        I'm a little worried. I know that he's having some fitness issues, some niggles. We'll know a little more about where we stand in 7 minutes time. Hopefully we'll get thru safely, an extra 7 days recovery could make a huge deal of difference to him. I'd still expect to win tonight thou.

Comment

I'm a little worried. I know that he's having some fitness issues, some niggles. We'll know a little more about where we stand in 7 minutes time. Hopefully we'll get thru safely, an extra 7 days recovery could make a huge deal of difference to him. I'd still expect to win tonight thou.
                                                                          Does he have to win or just finish in the top 3 or something?

Comment

1-2 into 4-6 now on Boyles.

Lol the chap doing the VoiceOver in Boyles called the one before hand, said he will be hard to beat
                                                                            Last edited by Wesley Harms; 16-08-14, 19:28.

Comment

#98
                                                                              Top 3 thankfully as he was only 3rd. Lot of work to do - will be looking for a soft heat next week too. He ran shit
                                                                              Last edited by Arazi; 16-08-14, 19:34.

Comment

#99
                                                                                Dog doesn't look right to me. As things stand it's highly unlikely he'll win the derby.

Comment

Dog doesn't look right to me. As things stand it's highly unlikely he'll win the derby.
                                                                                  Deffo not right TC but he's not far off it. I'd be relaxed enough about it. He's obv got a few problems but he's got 7 days and it's a moderate Derby. It's all about qualifying. He won't be doing it in the flamboyant fashion I envisioned but I have a considerable bet on him and I'm not throwing away my dockets. Please God he gets another handy heat for next week, there are plenty of scrubbers left in there.

Comment

A pretty good draw for round 3, no real scrubbers in his heat but the race has a lovely makeup for him.

Comment

In wat way wouldn't u think the dog isn't rite??

Comment

Originally posted by who..wants..it View Post
                                                                                        In wat way wouldn't u think the dog isn't rite??

Comment

im liking the 33's on green prince consistantly clocking around 29.70-80 and looks fresh
                                                                                          https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Droopys ward wouldn't have been one I wanted to face in this heat, will get ahead early and will probably win from the front and that'll leave traps 2-5 vying for space.
                                                                                            Will be an interesting race but droopys definitely won't be anything near 2/1 after it unless he crushes it so I'm kind of hoping for my €100 free bet at this stage tbh.

8:25 for anyone looking to watch.
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Anyone who backed Nidge should really be hoping he doesn't qualify tonight. Unless Gleeson is an exaggerating the injury, the dog shouldn't be running at all. There is just something that doesn't really add up because if he is injured, he shouldn't be running. This can be interpreted in a number of ways. There's a possibility that Gleeson thinks he can get the dog right as they go through the competition but I wouldn't be confident. It has been done though. Anyway, as I said, Nidge backers should be just happy to get their money back tonight.

I couldn't resist adding a final two to my kennel for the outright market today. I simply cannot believe the value in the prices for El Flutter and kisses for Cloda. They are available at 66s and 50s in Boyles. I went in to back El Flutter at 80/1 in ladbrokes and I checked the price immediately before I placed the bet. Then after some delay in processing the bet I was informed that betting had been mysteriously suspended on El flutter. What a coincidence. Anyway, I'm still doing cartwheels over getting him at 66s.

Comment

Well that's money back in a free bet, now to find a winner to actually get the money back.

Comment

Well that's money back in a free bet, now to find a winner to actually get the money back.
                                                                                                  Ok, so take it Nidge lost? Who are we on then? I know absolutely nothing about dogs.

Comment

Yeah Nidge is gone..I had a 7 dog accumulator tonight for 6.5 grand..got 6 out of 7 up

Comment

Ok, so take it Nidge lost? Who are we on then? I know absolutely nothing about dogs.
                                                                                                      Here's your mate not a clue either, we will have to wait for Arazi or tony cascarino to give us their expert opinion on the dogs left.

Comment

Ballymac vic 33s
                                                                                                        Tyrur sugar ray 50s
                                                                                                        Priceless lassie 50s
                                                                                                        Runaway rover 100s
                                                                                                        Kilara hey mac 125s
                                                                                                        Ecclestone 125s
                                                                                                        General wolf 50s

The only 2 we share from your list romped home tonight
                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Here's your mate not a clue either, we will have to wait for Arazi or tony cascarino to give us their expert opinion on the dogs left.
                                                                                                          Does it say that you have to put the 100 back on the dogs? I thought you could just put it on anything
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                            Does it say that you have to put the 100 back on the dogs? I thought you could just put it on anything
                                                                                                            Yeah but it's dog money now

And it's actually been quite fun keeping up with the races each week. Something different for a change

Comment

Not sure at all about this, went to local boyles to watch race and asked guy behind counter about MBS and he hadn't got a clue either. I am pretty sure Arazi knows the details.

Comment

They definitely had no stipulations, not even in the small print, so it must be on anything. The key EV wise is to find the biggest price trading at or close to its 100% price and to back that as you don't receive your free bet stake back:

Examples:
                                                                                                                Winner at 1/1 returns 100, Expected Return 50% of 100 = 50
                                                                                                                Winner at 2/1 returns 200, Expected Return 33% of 200 = 66
                                                                                                                winner at 7/1 returns 700, Expected Return 12.5% of 700 = 87.50

Ps sorry about the selection, he's been running hurt the last 3 weeks. I done in a good chunk on him.

Comment

The MBS was all part and parcel of the tip though in fairness. So anyone who backed him had that to fall back on.

Comment

The only 2 we share from your list romped home tonight
                                                                                                                    Yeah I'm absolutely delighted with these two so far. Still a long way to go. Hopefully they can both make the final.

Comment

Just checked my Boyles account and no free bet so I presume they will be sorting that after the final seeing how the bet is for the final.

If that's the case and I don't get to put it on a dog for the Derby, I will be open to suggestions on a bet. May just give it to mdoug and tell him go on the spin. You up for that doug?

Comment

I know absolutely nothing about dogs.
                                                                                                                        Teddy will be happy to hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
                                                                                                                          Teddy will be happy to hear that.
                                                                                                                          Haha. Slight difference here, Dad. Not gonna be racing a retriever any time soon am I?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X