Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Conflated at 6/1 in the bumper. Finished ahead of two horses than subsequently ran well in the grade 2 bumper at Leop last week so looked a particularly hot race last time.

Plenty of money around for Josephs one but think the big algo lads will push that out close to the off so probably a good lay at current odds also.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Friend doing to Dundalk . Asked me for a tip. Lol . Anyone got one or two suggestions .

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
        Friend doing to Dundalk . Asked me for a tip. Lol . Anyone got one or two suggestions .
        Kasbah race 2
        Sleepy head race 7

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
          KOYBIG ew

Comment

3.20 Treacysenniscorthy out to win apparently, E/W price at the moment @ 8s anyway.

Comment

Punchestown 1:45

This tip has been brewing for a while. Bay of Freedom really enjoyed the 2 runs over banks at Cheltenham and just didn't stay. He travelled really well in those races and they were far stronger than this one. We should have something to shout for turning for home here. This race can’t be as quick as the Cheltenham ones, which turned into a sprint. 40/1 looks massive for a 16/1 chance
              2 Points EW 40/1 365 ¼ place 40/1 1/5th hills/vc
              sigpic
              Longshotvalue.com

Comment

I like a sizing network as an Ew punt but love a long shot pick
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Two ew interests tonight in the maidens.

5:30- It never rains 12/1
                  8:00- CJ Cregg 16/1

As an aside does anyone know anything about this R P Cody trainer?
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                    Ray Cody, he is outstanding. He was the "trainer" behind the Ella Marie Holden licence for the past number of years. Parted ways end of last summer or so. Guy is exceptional, I'd not hesitate to give him a horse to train.
                    Just hearing the phrase “trainer behind the licence” brings back memories of the greatest gamble ever achieved at Cheltenham:

Date: Tuesday 12th March 1991 |Course: Cheltenham |Distance: 2m |Going: Good to Soft | Winning Time: 3m 58.40s |Winner: Destriero (Pat McWilliams) [A Geraght...

Comment

Earlier this morning in a PP shop there was an angle shooting knacker doing his thing. The pattern is always similar, they write the wrong time of race. He was claiming on a virtual race that the only thing he got wrong was the exact time of the race. 12:03 rather than the 12:04. The girl flanked by 2 demure male colleagues was under the pump to thwart this pikey as he was persistent and ramping up the emotion as it went on. The girl was fully off the bridle but responding admirably.

It finished with him realising it wasnt going to happen for him and he finally called her a right cnut on his way out. The barrage she took told as she called him a prick on his way out in retaliation in the heat of the moment.

Shes begins to calm down after the Knacker exits the blood up when I approach with a docket interupting the stewards enquiry that is about to ensue. My docket has €1,000,000 on T5 in the 12:03 virtual. She looked at it for about 10 seconds before the penny dropped and she just broke up saying jasussss I thought I was in for another argument there!.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                        Just hearing the phrase “trainer behind the licence” brings back memories of the greatest gamble ever achieved at Cheltenham:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zF2CdOsGoPE
                        It would have been better if they had got the double with The Iliad.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Yeah I think it was running for 6.5 mill or something like that. Jesus that was some money in those days.

Comment

Went to French paradox in Ballsbridge for a boozy lunch. Shanahans was fucking cheaper. (marinaded myself in wine by the glass so not apple to apples comparison) In Shelbourne Social now and the waitress handed us ultraviolet torches to be able to read the cocktail menu. #losttherunofourselves #totes notions
                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                              Went to French paradox in Ballsbridge for a boozy lunch. Shanahans was fucking cheaper. (marinaded myself in wine by the glass so not apple to apples comparison) In Shelbourne Social now and the waitress handed us ultraviolet torches to be able to read the cocktail menu. #losttherunofourselves #totes notions
                              Did they give u any tips for Cheltenham or aintree

Comment

i have 4 for today all good sources

locks corner 1.30 huntingdon

ivilnoble 1.00 huntingdon

broughtons rhythm 2.00 huntingdon

behind the curtain 1.50 navan

Comment

geneva barracks 3rd race navan

Comment

Told to back Harringtons each way in the bumper
                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                      Told to back Harringtons each way in the bumper
                                      Good luck with it. Just took 8/1 Cenotice myself as it seems too big for the best public form in the race.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                        Got the last table in the front room in RPG yesterday, #we'reback, no tips though or at least no Vintage Kitchen type tips

Comment

Cheltenham lowdown: Gordon Elliott lifts the lid on his festival team

Exciting times: Gordon Elliott runs through his Cheltenham-bound galaxy of stars
                                          SPOILER

Gordon Elliott has emerged top of the training pile at the last two Cheltenham Festivals and appears to have an embarrassment of riches for more success this year. He gave Tony O'Hehir the lowdown on his squad . . .

Apple's Jade

She came out of her run in the Irish Champion Hurdle very well. She'll have two more little bits of work, nothing too serious, and then it'll be all systems go for the Champion Hurdle.

I was nervous coming back in trip against geldings in the Irish Champion Hurdle but she showed us how good she is.

She's gone from strength-to-strength this season and we're very lucky. If she runs to the form she's been in all season I think she'll run a big race in the Champion Hurdle – I think she has a great chance.

Battleoverdoyen

He's in good form. I didn't go to the Dublin Racing Festival with him as I just thought he had three quick runs in the space of six weeks from winning his bumper right up to winning his Grade 1 at Naas. He jumps very well but lacks a bit of experience, which would be the worry, but I think the Ballymore Novices' Hurdle will suit him.

Champagne Classic

He won the Martin Pipe two years ago and after a long absence has run well on his two starts over fences this season. He ran second in the Ten Up Novice Chase at Navan on Sunday and we're looking at the National Hunt Chase for him.

Coeur Sublime

He scoped dirty after his disappointing run at Gowran Park on Sunday. We'll see how he is closer to the time before deciding if he'll go for the Triumph. You could argue he's been unlucky not to have won three times this season as he was just touched off at Fairyhouse and then fell at the last when disputing the lead at Leopardstown.

Commander Of Fleet

He won a Grade 1 at the Dublin Racing Festival and I think a race like the Albert Bartlett will suit him. He ran well in the Royal Bond Novice Hurdle over two miles against some nice horses, but the trip was too short for him. Three miles will suit. He can take his time and hunt away. He's a nice horse and won the Goffs Land Rover Bumper last year.

The one negative is he does lack a bit of experience – he's had only three runs over hurdles. We might get a school into him somewhere beforehand.

Cracking Smart

He's in the Stayers' Hurdle but we'll see what weight he gets in the Coral Cup before deciding on his target.

Cubomania

He's been quite consistent and is a four-time winner over fences. The Close Brothers Novices' Handicap Chase is the plan, if he gets in.

Dallas Des Pictons

We've won the last two runnings of the Martin Pipe and this fellow will be on our team for the race this year. Cartwright will probably run in the same race.

Defi Bleu

He was disappointing at Leopardstown last time but his previous form was quite good and he's an intended runner in the Albert Bartlett.

Delta Work

He's in great form. I was a bit fearful about the ground for him at the Dublin Racing Festival, which is why he didn't run. Davy [Russell] said it was as quick as he'd have wanted it but he has plenty of experience.

He's won three times over fences and has won two Grade 1s – beating Le Richebourg in the Drinmore – who has gone on to win two Grade 1s. I didn't think I'd anything to gain but everything to lose by running him on quick ground at Leopardstown.

Dinons

He's five from seven over hurdles and has twice won over three miles, so he'll probably take his chance in the Albert Bartlett.

Eclair De Beaufeu

He ran well at Leopardstown last time and will run in one of the handicap hurdles.

Envoi Allen

He just does what he has to and will go for the Champion Bumper. Thatsy and Daylight Katie might also run. Everything was against him at Leopardstown, the track and the ground. A more galloping track would suit him – being on the inside track on good ground at Leopardstown wouldn't have. He's a nice horse but one for the future. Abacadabras could run in the Champion Bumper as well.

Farclas

He won the Triumph last year but has been disappointing this season. We'll see what the handicapper does and he could go for the Coral Cup.

Felix Desjy

I think we were riding him incorrectly trying to drop him in – he's actually just a relentless galloper. He'll go for the Supreme. I'm looking forward to going chasing with him next season.

Galvin

He's had a good season, winning all of his three starts over hurdles and will probably take his chance in the Ballymore.

Hardline

He might come back in trip for the Arkle. He wasn't a bad two-miler over hurdles. The day he won his Grade 1 at Limerick he was going to put it up to Getabird regardless of the mistake that one made. If the ground turns up as good as it's been all season I think the Arkle favourite [Le Richebourg] will be hard to beat.

Mengli Khan

I'm half thinking of stepping him up in trip. I've been disappointed with him as he's just not having a cut at his fences, but sometimes these Flat-bred horses can do that. It's not concrete but I'm thinking of the JLT Novices' Chase.

Samcro

Cheltenham is coming quickly enough. He has options at Cheltenham, Punchestown and Aintree but the next ten days are important. He looks good but until you go and give them a piece of work you don't know where you're going or what you're doing.

If he gets to Cheltenham then great, but if he doesn't it'll be Aintree or Punchestown. And if he doesn't make any, we'll take the shoes off him and go chasing next season. There's no decision made yet. It'll have to be discussed with Michael and Eddie [O'Leary].

Shattered Love

She runs in the Gold Cup. She came home with sore shins at Christmas after running at Leopardstown, where the ground was quick enough. She has a couple of pieces of work to do but all being well she'll run.

We are stepping into the unknown trip-wise, it's always a worry with every horse, but if she turned up in the same sort of form that she was in for the John Durkan earlier in the season I think she'd have a great each-way chance.

She's been over there, travelled and done it all before. She's a good mare, although she's not Don Cossack. She's got a nice weight in the Grand National so we might keep an eye on that as well.

Sire Du Berlais

He ran well when sixth in the Pertemps Qualifier at Leopardstown in December and the Pertemps Final is the plan.

The Storyteller

He's entered in a few different races, but I think he'll go for the Ryanair. Would he be good enough to win? I think he'll need a lot of things to go his way, but he could sneak a place. A better race with a faster gallop might suit him better.

Tiger Roll

I couldn't believe how well he won the Boyne Hurdle on Sunday. I thought he'd finish second or third last, and that it would be just a good pipe-opener for the Cross Country, but he showed how good a horse he is.

If he hadn't run in the Grand National last year we might have been thinking about going for the Stayers' Hurdle after Sunday's win. But he's going for the Cross Country. We're lucky to have him and he's one of the favourites around the yard.

Ucello Conti

He came out of his win at Navan on Sunday in good form and will go for the Foxhunter. He's got loads of experience and should give a good account.

Vision D'Honneur

He runs in the Supreme. I was disappointed he was beaten at Leopardstown and he came out after that and won well at Punchestown. Back to Leopardstown for the Dublin Racing Festival, he didn't really let himself down in third, but he's been in good form at home since. He's one you could step up in trip.
                                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 20-02-19, 09:42.
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Mullins preview:

SPOILER

Ireland's champion Jump trainer Willie Mullins today hosted a media visit at his Closutton yard organised by Cheltenham Racecourse and gave updates on his leading contenders for T he Festival™ presented by Magners next month (Tuesday, March 12 to Friday, March 15).

Mullins is the winning-most trainer in the history of The Festival, with 61 successes.

He has won the Irish Independent Leading Trainer Award at five of the last eight Festivals (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016) and sent out a joint record of eight winners across the four days in 2015. He was runner-up to fellow Irish trainer Gordon Elliott in both 2017 and 2018, with six and seven winners respectively.

Mullins' squad for the four days in 2019 once again boasts significant strength in depth with established stars such as Faugheen and Min being joined by a talented team of novice hurdlers and chasers.

Classy mare Laurina has emerged as the Closutton's handler leading candidate for the feature on day race one of The Festival™ presented by Magners, Champion Day, Tuesday, March 12 - the £450,000 G1 Unibet Champion Hurdle.

Unbeaten in five starts for Mullins, Laurina recorded a facile 18-length win in the G2 Dawn Run Mares' Novices' Hurdle at last year's Festival before going on to G1 success at Fairyhouse.

Laurina has been restricted to just two runs this term due to unsuitable ground conditions. Winner of a two-runner Listed race at Sandown Park in January, the six-year-old daughter of Spanish Moon completed her preparation for the two-mile hurdling championship when justifying odds-on favouritism in today's Listed Quevega Mares Hurdle over two miles and four furlongs at Punchestown under Ruby Walsh.

Laurina, who bids to emulate another Mullins-trained mare Annie Power (who also captured today's Punchestown contest) in landing the Unibet Champion Hurdle, is set to be joined in this year's renewal by dual G1 winner Sharjah and Melon who finished a neck second to Buveur D'Air in last year's renewal, but has failed to win in three starts since.

Reflecting on Laurina's victory at Punchestown, Mullins said this afternoon: "That was job done for Laurina. When Ruby asked her to move up, she did everything he asked of her.

"Laurina probably jumped a bit too slow for my liking, but once Ruby asked her to she sharpened up her jumping very quickly. Hopefully, we now get a clear run between here and Cheltenham.

"It was not ideal running her after a flu vaccination, but I had this race in my head for her for a while. The tight track they use here for this meeting would also not have suited her as she prepares a more galloping track, so hopefully there is more to come. The Champion Hurdle is where we're aiming and that is the plan at the moment.

"Laurina is a very good mare. The ground has not been right for her all year. We have had to upset her work in the last week, because we had to give her a flu jab under the new regulations, which has meant the whole yard has had an easy week. That is not nice where you are trying to rev a horse up for a race this week, before giving them an easy time again in the lead up to Cheltenham."

Discussing the differences between Annie Power & Laurina, Mullins continued: "They are very different mares. Both are big, but they differ in terms of their temperament. Laurina last year was on the excitable side - she doesn't like anyone in her box, whilst Annie Power, you could let a five-year-old in her box and you would be safe.

"You would nearly want a bodyguard going in with Laurina, but she has settled down a bit this year. Laurina seems to have a whole temperament change, she is in the same stables and we're doing the same work with her, but she just seems to have grown up."

Discussing the rest of his Champion Hurdle squad, Mullins commented: "Melon looks good. I am very happy with him. We have been trying to work out what went wrong with him so far this season and we have our own reasons and we are trying to change those for Cheltenham.

"I know connections are saying that Buveur D'Air ran flat in last year's Champion Hurdle and we have gone backwards on the racetrack this year, but I am hoping now that we have changed a few things with him that might bring back his old form. If he goes there in his old form, I think he has a great chance there.

"Sharjah has been a nice surprise this season and has improved beyond all recognition - he has got his confidence back and is a really good horse. We've been delighted to see him win two G1s this season and we are very pleased with him."

Mullins is yet to win Jump racing's Blue Riband event, the £625,000 G1 Magners Cheltenham Gold Cup (Gold Cup Day, Friday, March 15), filling the runner-up position with Florida Pearl (2000), Hedgehunter (2006), Sir Des Champs (2013), On His Own (2014) and Djakadam (2015 & 2016).

This year's team looks set to mount a serious challenge in the extended three and a quarter-mile G1 event. Mullins could mount a five-pronged assault in the race courtesy of recent Irish Gold Cup scorer Bellshill, impressive Savills Chase winner Kemboy, Al Boum Photo, who captured a Listed event at Tramore on his only start this term, Killultagh Vic and Invitation Only, successful in the valuable Thyestes Handicap Chase at Gowran Park in January.

Mullins explained: "Bellshill came out of Leopardstown well.

"He stays very well and he jumps very well, which is probably his biggest asset and is a huge plus for him. Cheltenham has not been the luckiest of tracks, but hopefully he could put that right this time around. He is now becoming the horse we thought he would be.

"He had an in and out time over the last couple of seasons, but we think there is more improvement to come from him after Leopardstown the other day. Bellshill goes on soft and heavy ground. I took a chance running him on good ground in the Irish Gold Cup, but he is by King's Theatre and his horses handle that ground very well, so ground conditions would not be a worry, but ground on the good side would be good for him.

"Al Boum Photo should be effective over the Gold Cup trip and he won well on at Tramore last time out. I don't think we've seen the best of Al Boum Photo yet.

"Kemboy is in good form. His performance at Leopardstown over Christmas was very good and with fast, good ground, which can come up on the fourth day of Cheltenham, he would have a very good chance. I think the further he goes, the better he is.

"It was a brave ride from David Mullins over Christmas on him, but it paid off. I think the different way of riding him did suit. Kemboy skipped over the fences at Leopardstown and hopefully he can do the same at Cheltenham, whilst the extra trip there should suit.

"Invitation Only will have to step up a bit on his form to get involved in a Gold Cup.

"Trip-wise, I think Killultagh Vic wants to run in the Gold Cup, but he is also has an entry in the Ryanair. Based on his run at the weekend [finished fourth in the G2 Red Mills Chase], he wouldn't be going anywhere. I ran him just to get a run into him, but I was disappointed.

"I was slightly frustrated he didn't have an entry in the Stayers' Hurdle because that maybe would have been more his forte. I will chat to the owners and see what they want to do - he may miss Cheltenham, but we will decide nearer the time.

"This year's Gold Cup looks wide open and I think my horses all go there with a good chance. It would be very nice to win a Gold Cup and I think we have as good a chance this year as any."

The ultra-consistent Min has impressed in two runs this season, overcoming traffic problems to plunder the G1 John Durkan Memorial at Punchestown in December over two mile and four furlongs, before registering an easy six-length victory in the G1 Dublin Chase dropped back in trip at Leopardstown earlier this month.

Second to the mighty Altior in both the G1 Sky Bet Supreme Novices' Hurdle (2016) and last year's G1 Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase, Min could renew his rivalry with Nicky Henderson's charge in the two-mile chasing championship or step up in trip for the £350,000 G1 Ryanair Chase.

Footpad was a striking winner of the 2018 renewal of the G1 Racing Post Arkle Novices' Chase at The Festival™ presented by Magners and followed up with a convincing success in G1 company at Punchestown in April.

However, after falling on his seasonal debut at Naas in November, the seven-year-old son of Creachadoir was humbled by Simply Ned in G1 company at Leopardstown over Christmas. Footpad, along with 2017 Ryanair Chase victor Un De Sceaux, who finished a creditable second to Altior in the G1 Tingle Creek Chase at Sandown Park in December, both have the option along with Min of either the Champion Chase or the Ryanair Chase.

Mullins continued: "I won't make a decision on where Min, Footpad and Un De Sceaux run until closer to Cheltenham. They are all entered in both the Champion Chase and the Ryanair. We will see how they are in the next couple of weeks and the state of field sizes and ground before making a final decision.

"Particularly as regards Min and Footpad, I am going to wait a bit longer before deciding their targets. There are a lot of different things we will take into consideration working out who runs where. Altior is the one to beat in the Champion Chase, but we will have at least one or two runners in the race - you can't be afraid of one horse and you need to take them on.

"Min has done things well this year and he ran well behind Altior in the Champion Chase last year - I've been very pleased with Min this season.

"Footpad schooled very well lately and he looks more like the old Footpad from last year, so hopefully that is a good sign that he is starting to find his form. I want to get a few more gallops into him. It would be no problem pedigree wise to step him up in trip - we will wait and see before deciding whether he stays at two miles or steps up in trip either at Cheltenham or later on in the season.

"I am hoping Footpad can rediscover his form from last year and we have been lucky with horses finding their form coming into Cheltenham and I will try my best to get him right for Cheltenham. Ground won't be an issue for him as he does on good ground. The only reason he has had slight breaks this season is because he has over-reached in two starts.

"This year has not been Un De Sceaux's year in terms of ground. Even when he ran at Sandown, they had a lot of rain just before and the ground was quite loose on the top, but it was still good ground underneath and I was glad that he came back from that race sound.

"Un De Sceaux probably needs heavy ground even more so as he gets older, but the enthusiasm he has is still there and he is in particularly good form at the moment - probably in the best shape I've seen him in the last couple of weeks. He just seems to be coming right at the right time.

"The Ryanair is probably the target for him, but who knows if the ground did turn heavy, then we might go elsewhere, but I would imagine the Ryanair is the intended target at the moment. You should have seen Un De Sceaux yesterday - he did as good a bit of work as I've seen him do this winter - I am very happy with him."

Mullins could be mob-handed in the feature hurdle race on St Patrick's Thursday, March 14, the £325,000 G1 Sun Racing Stayers' Hurdle in which Penhill is seeking to gain back-to-back victories in the three-mile hurdling championship and his third successive win at The Festival.

A talented horse on the Flat, Penhill won the G1 Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle in 2017 under Paul Townend, before comfortably landing last year's Sun Racing Stayers' Hurdle on his first start of the season, again under Townend. The eight-year-old son of Mount Nelson is following a similar preparation this time around and has not been seen since finishing second to Faugheen at Punchestown in April.

Mullins said: "Penhill is coming along nicely. He is another one we hope we can get to Cheltenham, but we make sure we look at him every morning to make sure he looks good. He is going to have a few more searching bits of work between now and Cheltenham. Penhill was never going to have a run this season.

"I discussed it with connections and we decided straight away that we would follow the same route as last year and give him just one run. We want to go to Cheltenham and then go to Punchestown after that. Quevega followed a similar path and I do take confidence having followed the same process as her, but it is stressful. It has seemed the obvious thing to do this year to go straight for the Stayers'."

The 2015 Unibet Champion Hurdle winner Faugheen also looks set to line-up in the Sun Racing Stayers' Hurdle and is going for his third success at The Festival, having also won the 2014 Ballymore Novices' Hurdle.

He has recovered well from a fall in the G1 Christmas Hurdle over three miles at Leopardstown in December. The 11-year-old son of Germany impressed when defeating Penhill at Punchestown in April and Mullins is hopeful that 'The Machine' can put up a bold show at The Festival in 2019.

Ireland's multiple champion Jump trainer commented: "Faugheen also runs in the Stayers' Hurdle.

"He seems in good form and Ruby hadn't stirred on him in the Christmas Hurdle last time out when he fell. I'm not sure what would have happened after that, but Ruby was very confident that he had not asked any questions at that stage. Faugheen was very sore after Leopardstown and I'm just glad to have him back at a stage where he is ready to run in a race at Cheltenham.

"It would be nice to win and hopefully we have a good preparation in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully, he has a trouble-free run during the race as it is a track he likes."

Benie Des Dieux is another Mullins inmate yet to race this term, but she is on course to defend her title in the £120,000 G1 OLBG Mares' Hurdle (Tuesday, March 12) over two and a half miles at Cheltenham. Unbeaten in five starts for the Closutton maestro, the eight-year-old has not raced since defeating stable companion Augusta Kate at Punchestown in G1 company in April.

"Benie Des Dieux is in good form", revealed Mullins. "She is in great order and will run in the Mares' Hurdle which she won last year. Ground-wise we haven't been able to get a run into her, that is the only reason.

"She could have run in the last couple of weeks, but the new flu jab rule came in and that meant she could not run - I would rather give her the flu jab and leave her be instead of running."

Limini landed the G2 Dawn Run Mares' Novices' Hurdle at the 2016 Festival, before finishing third to Apple's Jade in the 2017 renewal of the G1 OLBG Mares' Hurdle, a race she is being targeted at once again this term.

"I'm very happy with Limini. She has just not fired so far this year, but we are hoping she can come back to form this year."

Mullins has won the £75,000 G1 Weatherbys Champion Bumper (Wednesday, March 13) on a record nine occasions and he has another live contender this time around in the shape of Blue Sari who recorded a facile 11-length victory on debut at Gowran Park in January.

Mullins said: "Blue Sari looks to be our main hope in the bumper. We won't have a big team for that race this year and I have simply not been able to get enough runs into my younger horses."

Mullins also revealed options for: My Sister Sarah (Dawn Run Mares' Novices' Hurdle), Relegate (Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle), French Maid (Dawn Run Mares' Novices' Hurdle or JCB Triumph Hurdle), Sancta Simona (Dawn Run Mares' Novices' Hurdle) and Easy Game (Ballymore Novices' Hurdle).

Other horses mentioned by Mullins included:

Aramon : "Aramon has been a horse who has surprised me this term. He was only narrowly beaten last time in a bob of the head - he runs in the Sky Bet Supreme Novices' Hurdle."

Ballyward : "Ballyward is my only entry in the National Hunt Chase. He jumps well and the plan at the moment is for Patrick (Mullins) to ride.

Klassical Dream : "He could go for the Sky Bet Supreme Novices' Hurdle or Ballymore Novices' Hurdle. He is a horse who is going to need a trip and I think he will give me a bit of a headache deciding where he goes. He is a horse who is going to improve again.

Tornado Flyer : "He is sound, but won't be ready for Cheltenham. He is back on the gallop today."

Allaho: "The Albert Bartlett is potentially the plan for him. He is also in the Ballymore, but I think three miles will suit."

Bleu Berry : "We were going to go novice chasing with him, but we made a last minute decision to stay over hurdles for this year so he might run in the Coral Cup or one of the other handicaps."

Tiger Tap Tap : "He goes the Triumph Hurdle. A lot of my four-year-old having their second runs this year have failed to fire. He had a very hard race at Christmas and I might have been too easy on him after that. He certainly didn't fire last time, but hopefully he returns to that sort of form."

Duc Des Genievres: "I think the Arkle is the target - we're very pleased with him and he has been in good form."

Voix Du Reve : "I think the JLT is an option for him as all the people who have ridden him say he needs a longer trip."

Cilaos Emery : "He pulled a muscle at the weekend and if he doesn't get over it in the next seven days, then I think we would have to draw stumps for Cheltenham which is disappointing."

Carefully Selected : "He could have run this week and if I had known we would have the rain we have had, then I might have run him. However, I think he'll now miss Cheltenham and we'll wait for Punchestown where he might go over hurdles."

Detailing the size of his team for this year's meeting, Mullins remarked: "I think we will have around 40 runners this year. The last couple of years, we have had around 60 runners, but the winter has been frustrating and I have not been able to get runs into enough horses, so our team is going to be lighter.

"It has been an extraordinary year - I have never seen a year like it. We just haven't been able to get enough horses out - look at our novice chasers where we have had hardly any entries. We might have a few more in handicaps this year.

"You just want to get one winner on the board and then you can work up from there. We certainly have some good chances and I think we have some excellent chances in the Gold Cup and the Champion Hurdle.

"We will be well represented in the novice hurdles and handicaps. I couldn't see us have a record-breaking year like we have before, but hopefully we have a few chances to get a winner."

Comment

He pretty much said nothing as usual so.

Comment

'The Fez'

Is that a thing now?

Comment

50/1 seems a brave opening price for Mistjazz 19:00 Dundalk tomorrow night. It had an interesting entry in Wolver a few weeks back but meeting got scratched due to horse flu. Irish trainers send them over to those random small UK meetings for various reasons but often becuase you've a well hadicapped one and looking for softer race than you'd get over here as Dundalk handicaps generally have a handful of similarly filthy ones.
                                                  So an obvious doubt whether he's trying tomorrow, but perhaps they want to have a go while he's at peak fitness and is well drawn too so any gamble on him tomorrow would be interesting.
                                                  Last edited by The Situation; 21-02-19, 19:33.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Try and catch Jump Girls on TG4. Documentary about women in NH. Good interviews with Rachael Blackmore, Lisa O Neil, Nina, Katie et al. On next week @9:30 ..might be able to catch tonight's on TG4's player...not too sure tho.well worth a watch.
                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                      50/1 seems a brave opening price for Mistjazz 19:00 Dundalk tomorrow night. It had an interesting entry in Wolver a few weeks back but meeting got scratched due to horse flu. Irish trainers send them over to those random small UK meetings for various reasons but often becuase you've a well hadicapped one and looking for softer race than you'd get over here as Dundalk handicaps generally have a handful of similarly filthy ones.
                                                      So an obvious doubt whether he's trying tomorrow, but perhaps they want to have a go while he's at peak fitness and is well drawn too so any gamble on him tomorrow would be interesting.
                                                      Anywhere from 9s - 20s now. Good luck if you got on at 50s

Good luck tonight Noel aswell.

Comment

Good luck tonight, I hope You can pick a few winners and inject a bit of life into the proceedings.
                                                        Was looking forward to sitting down and throwing peanuts at the TV but I'll have to record it.
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Actually if anyone has a decent link to Racing TV for later would be appreciated.

Comment

Am excited for Friday night tbh.

Look forward to your opinion on Hey Pretty.

Sadly I won't make it down again tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                              Actually if anyone has a decent link to Racing TV for later would be appreciated.
                                                              I think it might be FTA tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                I think it might be FTA tonight
                                                                Not yet on VM, will check back at 5.30...

Comment

if you get stuck, text me and I'll set you up for 12 hours on DPTV

Comment

Seems Free online

Comment

I like Spruce Meadows in the last at 12/1. Worth an Ew, PP paying extra place.

Comment

Good man Noel

Comment

Caught up with a few bits of tonights tv coverage, WP GAB
                                                                          The whole thing was a huge improvement on the pervious Friday nights I've seen.
                                                                          Nohasselhoff winning was hilarious and kind of inevitable

Comment

Progress drive 3rd race Newcastle

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                                                                              Oddschecker have William Hills going 7 places on that race for anyone taking a punt

Comment

Don’t think 💭 can get William hill over hear

Comment

Chantry house last race kempton

Comment

Chantry house last race kempton
                                                                                    Chanted house kempton 4.45
                                                                                    Kapcourse chepstow 3.40
                                                                                    Both should win

Received that poorly spelled text earlier in a forwarded WhatsApp.
                                                                                    Seems a few people got the same

Comment

Harry the Viking looks over priced at 25/1 after beating progress drive the last time me thinks

Comment

Never travelling or jumped fluently unfortunately

Comment

Ye looks like that wind surgery didn’t work 🤬

Comment

Do you see these new young Irish trainers chomping at the bit coming up. They know exactly what they are doing. All they are missing is the artillery. I get the impression if they had it they would rip WPM a new one.

Comment

Chosen mate 4th race nass

Comment

Out of curiosity which young trainers are catching your eye?
                                                                                                I generally give Gavin Cromwell runners a second look.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                  I generally give Gavin Cromwell runners a second look.
                                                                                                  Esp if he sends them.across the pond. John feane another astute one to look at when they travel.

Comment

Dempsey and McLauchlin too. Ah rash comment, nothing against WP other than those mits he wears in cold weather and listening to racing analysts up his hole the whole time. Would just like to see them all at levels artillery wise.

Comment

I think to be fair a rash statement is the biggest understatement (aka Bullshit) of all time on IPB. Any of the 4 named wouldn’t tie the shoe laces of Willie Mullins. The only comparable is Elliott and to probably a lesser extent the Aidan O’Brien/Annmarie Crowley team when they were in Pilltown.

Edit to add in Jim Bolger on the flat.

Comment

I'm sure Dempsey/Cronwell/Mclaughlin would all appreciate being thrown into the young trianer category.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

5th race Wolverhampton ; nice to see ��nap
                                                                                                          Last edited by jazzyfish; 25-02-19, 18:49.

Comment

Also atlectico 4th race Wolverhampton ew

Comment

Also atlectico 4th race Wolverhampton ew
                                                                                                              Jazzyfish, out of interest are you getting some info on these horses or just what you and your mates fancy?

I'm not being smart but there is a lot of tips!

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                Jazzyfish, out of interest are you getting some info on these horses or just what you and your mates fancy?

I'm not being smart but there is a lot of tips!
                                                                                                                If only there was some kind of Tipping Competition upcoming in which we could test out our abilities...

Comment

Spring in the air, handfull of Aiden runners at Dundalk, you can smell the flat season is almost upon us
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

@GAB Is Laurina this years Let's Dance?
                                                                                                                    Running her in the GC against apples jade just seems an exercise in ego vs a much better chance in the Mares

Comment

I reckon CH might be preferred to GC!

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
                                                                                                                      Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post
                                                                                                                        I reckon CH might be preferred to GC!

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
                                                                                                                        Doh!

Comment

> So word is that she's the best work horse of the champion hurdlers at home.
                                                                                                                          > Her going to the Champion is the owners driving the bus
                                                                                                                          > Ordinarily WPM would prefer to run in the Mares, but..
                                                                                                                          > He has Benie for the mares race and needs to keep that owner happy as well, getting beaten by a stablemate wouldn't be great for the relationship.
                                                                                                                          > All that means WPM is happy to go to Champion, suspect if Benie had a hiccup then we'd see a rerouting
                                                                                                                          The more I look at it the more I think Buveur is the bet. If he was to drift to say 5/2 he'd be a smash job. Can't have Laurina at prices and Apples too short IMO, be very concerned about her tendency to still jump right. BD beaten at Kempton is a bit of a red herring, flat track suited her and he was prob only tuned up 70%. Reckon race will likely be run to suit and hell pick her up on the climb.

I'll be over there for it, cant wait tbh.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X