Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
    They will know who I am supporting if they get an equaliser.

The fkn roar of the cunts here. Reserved tables for a bunch of them all round the big TV's at the bar.
    Imagine that. A bar in an English airport full of English people cheering on England. Outrageous

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      Pension charges.
      Just read a big pdf file there, great fun.

Allocation seems to be 99%, is that good. It seems a nice high figure.

charges

Also

But the biggie I think is this one.

Does that mean what I think it means, that someone is taking 33% of my first year contributions and a small but steady percentage afterwards?
      That seems, well, wrong.

Apols for boring everyone.
      Can I just preface this by saying I don’t want your business AJ or anyone else’s as this really isn’t the end of the pensions market I’m in.

If you just went shopping online you’d have gotten better value. 99% allocation is shit when 100% allocation is available online with no advice or sales overhead. And it’s not like the advice you got was great...

The annual charges aren’t great either but personal pension products are typically poor value. You’re basically paying 1.15% pa for a standard enough fund. You could get 1% online and maybe better with a good adviser.

The charges on that 75k savings product are certainly worth a review as well as I’d say you’re being rodgered. Are you still in your cooling off period?

By way of comparison I’m looking after a guys 2.15m pot at the minute and only charging 5k (we look after his companies corporate plan hence why I’m bothering) No ongoing charges and I’ll charge a review fee if he needs a review. Better advice and lower charges. Big windows in that bank.
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
        Imagine that. A bar in an English airport full of English people cheering on England. Outrageous
        I am not sitting near them lol. I nearly shit myself as I am working down the back of the departure lounge!

So that isn't what I am meaning. Just the noise of them!

Comment

Spent 5 hours in East Midlands once. Premium lounge is essential.

Comment

Good call on Ile Aux Moines Hitch. There’s fuuuuck all near the campsite though. Basically 20 min drive to any civilization. Don’t know how you managed sans car. Nice place though.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Yeah we became best friends with the local taxi driver. Well not sure about friends, but we definitely funded at least one of his kids through college in fares so he'll remember us fondly.

Ile aux Moines is quite lovely! Presume you've been to places like Vannes before? Can't imagine its too much of a trip in the car. Lot of nice things to do there. Think Raoul was impressed with it too.
                  Planning on taking the bus in. Find driving in cities stressful on the wrong side of the road and the car and it being a manual. Fucked up on one of those red and black arrow right of way roads yesterday which resulted in the gendarmerie following me for a couple of stressful km.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                    Spent 5 hours in East Midlands once. Premium lounge is essential.
                    Not worth 80 quid for us though as we were here since 11.30 this morning.

Been sitting in Castle Rock, done the job. They have a kids play area and the little one has made some new friends.

Comment

Christ, for that long it has to be close even in terms of food and drinks consumed!

Comment

Bit of an odd one.. perhaps someone in recruiting might have some insight.

I have an interview (for a job I really really want) on Monday morning. The recruiter has just sent me an email asking I bring passport and utility bill to the interview for them to take a copy to pass to their "pre-screening" company in the event of a successful interview.

Now I've been out of the interview game for some time now but surely this is highly unusual?
                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Atmosphere sounds great after that equaliser. Now let's see who's got the Hitch-sized heart.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                            Can I just preface this by saying I don’t want your business AJ or anyone else’s as this really isn’t the end of the pensions market I’m in.
                            Epic burn.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post

I have an interview (for a job I really really want) on Monday morning. The recruiter has just sent me an email asking I bring passport and utility bill to the interview for them to take a copy to pass to their "pre-screening" company in the event of a successful interview.

Now I've been out of the interview game for some time now but surely this is highly unusual?
                              Any UK financial services firm with an Irish operation will generally do a background check and require this sort of info. I’ve had to provide my address for the past 5 years on previous occasions. I’m not sure if it’s a requirement for all Irish financial services firms but if you are being passed by a fitness and probity test for the CBI it may well be required.
                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Any UK financial services firm with an Irish operation will generally do a background check and require this sort of info. I’ve had to provide my address for the past 5 years on previous occasions. I’m not sure if it’s a requirement for all Irish financial services firms but if you are being passed by a fitness and probity test for the CBI it may well be required.
                                Ok. But Im in engineering not financial services

Comment

Ok. But Im in engineering not financial services
                                  Chinese spy perhaps?

Comment

Chinese spy perhaps?
                                    Ha! Certainly not the last time I checked.

I've also been a supplier to this company for 7 years now... I'm definitely not a stranger.

Comment

If England don’t win tonight Roy is going to be epic on ITV. Said at half time that the players will never forgive themselves if they don’t win...

Comment

England all over the shop.

France will stroll the final against whoever stays upright here. Does seem somewhat unfair to have that extra 24hrs of rest\preparation\recovery - especially if this goes to ET?

Comment

Comment

Comment

What odds were Croatia to win before the tournie started?
                                              33/1

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                England all over the shop.

France will stroll the final against whoever stays upright here. Does seem somewhat unfair to have that extra 24hrs of rest\preparation\recovery - especially if this goes to ET?
                                                Should be a lump job @ 4/6 after this match is over. But then I remember 2016 in Paris, against a Ronaldo-less Portugal.....shudders....

Comment

Croats dead on their feet, Modric is wrecked!

Comment

The pace they played the last 30mins of second half was crazy, looks like gave it all

Rose looks like he is carrying his left leg

Comment

Modric is pulling the strings in that team

Comment

Never lost it bbv, never lost it....

Comment

Jaysis, England played for 45 mins of 120.

Croatia were blessed to get to half time only 1 down, England blessed to make it to 90 after only being 1 up!

Comment

Poor Dobby and Lazare , a great footballing team are going home. Thoughts are with you.

Comment

Dolazi kući

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                Poor Dobby and Lazare , a great footballing team are going home. Thoughts are with you.
                                                                Thoughts and prayers.....

Comment

Up the EU

Comment

I hate that prick that does pitch side interviews for ITV

Always taking a cheap dig with a shitty question at the wrong time!

Comment

Had my own match tonight and we lost too ffs. Heading to the Kerry and Kildare games on Sunday. Hopefully they do the business

Comment

Gutted for them. Pickford in particular.
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                          Gutted for them. Pickford in particular.
                                                                          Oxtail or mixed vegetable?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                            Up the EU
                                                                            If they had made it to the final and got battered by the French Brexit would have been brought forward to Monday

Comment

I think Neville is the only one on itv who fully gets Roy's psycho cork sense of humour

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                I think Neville is the only one on itv who fully gets Roy's phyco cork sense of humour
                                                                                Roy killing it. In fairness it was ballsy by ITV to include him on the panel tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                  If they had made it to the final and got battered by the French Brexit would have been brought forward to Monday
                                                                                  Speaking of Brexit (tinfoil on)

March '17 trigger Brexit earlier than people think they should with no plans in place... puzzling everyone including themselves

March '19 they out

June '19 EU's new Anti Tax Avoidance Directive comes into play

UK heads the EU offshore tax dodging tables, nearly double Luxembourg whose's sole purpose is hiding/moving money

Lots of lads who back the Tories and Brexit & indeed some senior Brexit politicians would be suspected by most of loving a bit of money moving

Fish and Passports though!

Comment

Gone Fishing with Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer on BBC2 is excellent - it's a not-a-lot happens program with the two of them just having a yap with some token attempts at catching a fish on various rivers. Really works though.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Great stuff

Ian Wright applying the go to strategy for brits of mocking the accent.

Comment

...

Comment

Bit like that Steve Coogan / welshboy one in style?
                                                                                              It's definitely inspired by it except this time it's being played straight with no scripts so you aren't getting the caricatures and one-upmanship you got with Coogan and Brydon. There's some funny lines but definitely not the same level of madness - try an episode is all I can suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                It's definitely inspired by it except this time it's being played straight with no scripts so you aren't getting the caricatures and one-upmanship you got with Coogan and Brydon. There's some funny lines but definitely not the same level of madness - try an episode is all I can suggest.
                                                                                                yer getting old AJ .

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  Ian Wright applying the go to strategy for brits of mocking the accent.
                                                                                                  ironic innit

Comment

yer getting old AJ .
                                                                                                    Ah no, that's not what it's like at all, that Jack Charlton thing is barely watchable unless you know or have some interest in fishing.

Comment

Sounds like a basic KYC request,? as is the norm with any sports/poker acc. Far from interview expert, but I'd say standard ID protocol with your future employer, GL.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                        Christ, for that long it has to be close even in terms of food and drinks consumed!
                                                                                                        It was 25 for three hours and we were needing twice that. So it was no way worth 200 quid.
                                                                                                        We got a round of drinks at 15, then another few at 11.40 and got chip butties at 15. That was the total spent.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                          It was 25 for three hours and we were needing twice that. So it was no way worth 200 quid.
                                                                                                          We got a round of drinks at 15, then another few at 11.40 and got chip butties at 15. That was the total spent.
                                                                                                          If I was paying for lounge, I'd be going to the bar more twice

I'm free access to the lounge here in Sydney luckily enough. Might be less worth it before short flights, but definitely a huge plus before a long flight. Flying home next month genuinely annoyed that amex lounge isn't open at 4am.

Comment

A three-way all-in 10-handed in the Main Event.

Nicolas Manion, all-in with AA
                                                                                                            Rich Zhu - all-in with KK
                                                                                                            Antoine Labat - calls with KK

Manion triples up, Labat starts the final table as the short stack, Rich Zhu out 10th for $850,025.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                              If I was paying for lounge, I'd be going to the bar more twice

I'm free access to the lounge here in Sydney luckily enough. Might be less worth it before short flights, but definitely a huge plus before a long flight. Flying home next month genuinely annoyed that amex lounge isn't open at 4am.
                                                                                                              We had a 40 min flight, so not really worth getting smashed. Meeting the inlaws after a year plastered might not be a good move either lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                A three-way all-in 10-handed in the Main Event.

Nicolas Manion, all-in with AA
                                                                                                                Rich Zhu - all-in with KK
                                                                                                                Antoine Labat - calls with KK

Manion triples up, Labat starts the final table as the short stack, Rich Zhu out 10th for $850,025.
                                                                                                                Hellmuth won his 15th bracelet too in the $5k NLH

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Sneaky
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Is that the girl used to deal in the Fitz?
                                                                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Heading to Leopardstown tonight, any info on guaranteed winners appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                          Do you need a ticket? I've a spare if you need it.

Same goes for anyone going tonight.
                                                                                                                          I'm grand, cheers

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X