Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    Lifetime, afaik.

Companies liceneced by UKGC, so basically anybody we know give or take.
    Inspired by yourself and hitch I went ahead and booked a few days in Rome in September.

I'm guessing you didn't eat at La Pergola given you didn't mention it? Thinking of giving it a go but at €245 for the tasting menu without wines I'd like to be sure it was worth it. Would you recommend that Argentinian steakhouse you ate at?

staying in the place V4V recommended and you endorsed so really it's like I'm going on someones else's holiday altogether
    Last edited by Iago; 25-07-17, 15:25.
    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

On another recommendation request...I'm having my productive couple of hours for the week

I'm coming to the acceptance that my beloved ATV2 needs to be replaced, I've eeked out every last bit of value from it but the time has come.

So I need a new device for kodi (which is still xbmc on ATV2) and smoothstreams (which has a kodi & android app)

betwixt and between

weird name I never heard of but cheaper than chips

Name I've definitely heard of but pretty expensive for what I'm looking for

Another brand I don't know a lot about but available here with kodi side-loaded for around €75 (would happily buy it without kodi and do it myself but that doesn't seem to be an option)

....is the Nvidia way over specced or am I better off spending the money up front and having it last for a few years in the same way as the ATV2? Is there something else I could be using the Nvidia for that would increase the value of it?
        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
          Inspired by yourself and hitch I went ahead and booked a few days in Rome in September.

I'm guessing you didn't eat at La Pergola given you didn't mention it? Thinking of giving it a go but at €245 for the tasting menu without wines I'd like to be sure it was worth it. Would you recommend that Argentinian steakhouse you ate at?

staying in the place V4V recommended and you endorsed so really it's like I'm going on someones else's holiday altogether
          Get them to book you a car to and from the airport. Worked out as the same cost as a taxi (a few years ago) but much classier to get ferried to your secret boutique hotel in a jag or a roller.

We didn't get a room with much of a view. Just the circular bed with surrounding floor to ceiling mirrors and the secluded pool style hot tub. Plus room service obv.

I believe it was this video which sold it to me initially.

Video
          video

I only showed the vids to MrsV once I had it booked. She reckoned we were staying at a high end brothel! Yourself and B will love it!!
          Last edited by V for Vendetta; 25-07-17, 17:07.
          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

....is the Nvidia way over specced or am I better off spending the money up front and having it last for a few years in the same way as the ATV2? Is there something else I could be using the Nvidia for that would increase the value of it?
            I bought a box recently. From most of my research (reddit threads) if not shelling out the money for the Nviada Shield then the next best option is the Xiaomi Mi Box. I bought it from gearbest here. Extremely happy with it although all I have really done is setup Kodi for streaming sports with my smoothstreams account so far. I think from what I could see if you are not gaming then the Shield is overkill.

Edit - btw if you are not using the new Kodi App for smoothstreams check the cousins forum here.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Whats the story with taking a car on Larne to Scotland ferries?
              I was expecting €100 ish each way but website is quoting closer to 200 ew for next week now!
              Do you have to pre book or can you just do it on the day and how much more expensive is that?

Comment

On another recommendation request...I'm having my productive couple of hours for the week

I'm coming to the acceptance that my beloved ATV2 needs to be replaced, I've eeked out every last bit of value from it but the time has come.

So I need a new device for kodi (which is still xbmc on ATV2) and smoothstreams (which has a kodi & android app)

betwixt and between

weird name I never heard of but cheaper than chips

Name I've definitely heard of but pretty expensive for what I'm looking for

Another brand I don't know a lot about but available here with kodi side-loaded for around €75 (would happily buy it without kodi and do it myself but that doesn't seem to be an option)

Get the Shield if you play games at all. I was very close to pulling the trigger but the games I was after are all easily handled on most devices (Snes RetroArch basically).

I have recently gotten a Nexbox A95X and it handles everything particularly easily and quickly. Was less than half the price of the Shield, and with Moonlight I could end up with a decent gaming (read streaming gaming) device if I do choose to upgrade other machines.

All that being said, my MK808B+ stick is still absolutely capable of all kodi related items.

Comment

Just checked and this looks likely for enforcement from April 2018.
                  Let's all pray they move on to TV gambling ads next,its grim at this stage

Is anything like this (your profit/loss history)in play in other jurisdictions,wonder what kind of an effect it will have if any? I'd imagine for the real defend it'll just give the a crystal number to aim for to get them out of it (plus additional compensation score)
                  Would prob really effect people who gamble a decent but not close to case loots amount regularly,would def cause people like that to think twice

Comment

Am I completely missing something or are this couple genuinely mounting a woe is me campaign in the media over the fact that they spent 8 grand on raffle tickets to win a 20 grand wedding and the company has folded ?
                    More couples who have lost money after the sudden closure of a wedding competition company have been speaking out.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Nice to see John McCain making the effort to leave his multimillion dollar treatment in Mayo Clinic to take away healthcare from 28 million lolpoorpeople.
                        yippee kayai mudderfoooker

Comment

Just back from Rome myself and although not up to the standard of the restaurants mentioned had food in Bernini at Piazza Navona which was really good and in a nice spot

Comment

The DuPlantier doc was a good watch. It is undoubtedly the most fascinating legal case in my history. Baileys innocence likely shorter than 1.01 and it would be great if somehow the entire truth of the scenario came to light.
                            You think he's innocent?

Comment

Comment

I had a brilliant convo with one of Irelands top defence lawyers about the case a few years back. He could contend nothing other than innocence for Bailey. So many things at play and I would do him a disservice now to try and recap them. Context being, murder in rural cork 20/25 years ago which to that point had only dealt with a broken tail light on a car. Agatha Christie mindset, cops wanting to solve it, committing to a narrative and once that is done never being able to reverse out of it i.e. if they reverse from their POV they are lieing and lose pension entitlements etc... Who did it, he had about 6 possibilities all very plausible. It was so fascinating that I thought it would be a great event for a Q&A in a theatre style setting.
                                Fair enough, my own experience from talking to people from the area is different but I would still have an open mind.

What price you laying on guilty

Comment

I thought the doc was shite but absolutely innocent. No DNA, no evidence. GTFO

Comment

I thought he came across as a thoroughly despicable human being. There is definitely no chance that he will ever be brought to court and found guilty but that doesn't mean he didn't do it. His partners defending of his violence towards her was very sad to watch.

I would have liked to see more explanation from the eye witness as to why she gave a false statement in the first place. It was on the radio today that RTÉ had possession of an internal Garda review that stated her evidence wasn't credible which predated her retraction by 3 years and his libel case against newspapers by a year.

It certainly seems a case of the Gardaí had decided he did it and would do anything to get him even going so far as to give witnesses lifts to the libel case. All very strange.
                                    Last edited by horatio1; 25-07-17, 22:00.

Comment

Any IPBers about? Gunpowder > Monkey

Comment

Yet another shameless brag, I don't know how many this now but it's a lot. (this also may just be normal for normal folk). Anyway I was contacted by one the best rugby clubs in germany the other day on a recommendation of someone I have never met nor ever spoken to. I don't know how or why I was recommended for the role but it after some back and forth conversations has turned into a role which pays about 3 times what I was on, has a shit tonne more expenses paid and from what I gather an open door into tier 2 national team work.

I really am the luckiest person around and I've no idea why

Comment

Gunpowder is little better than average, imo. It is typical of many new hip gins, I find it a little course and lacks the smoothness of the highest quality gins. I think they have done a fine job with their marketing. Of course I am not suggesting that it is a bad gin, just not as good as the hype would have you believe.

I was recently in the azores. I travel a lot and generally say if you like this or that you should visit here, but the azores is different, it should be the most important stop for everyone's next trip. Truly an incredible place. It has incredible beaches, coastlines, jungles, culture, cheapness and scenery. However i bought two bottles of gin at the airport. First one is a volcanic rock based gin. It's fucking awful, the ashy taste doesnt go well with anything. It's a struggle to choke down. it's not all bad though. they have a few local producers but all struggle to make anything of any quality, much like gunpowder, never been impressed by it.

They do have one gin company there called goshawk which is a local bird, they produce a tangerine flavoured gin which is to die for. incredible drink
                                          Last edited by Trippie; 25-07-17, 23:06.

Comment

Gunpowder is little better than average, imo. It is typical of many new hip gins, I find it a little course and lacks the smoothness of the highest quality gins. I think they have done a fine job with their marketing. Of course I am not suggesting that it is a bad gin, just not as good as the hype would have you believe.
                                            I drank gunpowder tonight, then ran out, I had monkey, gunpowder was superior. I'm.currenrly fucked of a Tuesday, judgement clouded, be grand. Jetlag etc

Comment

Whats best route from Ireland to Azores? Separate flight to Portugal then onwards?

Fab meal this evening in Osteria Lucio before Brian Wilson concert, Quattro formaggio pizza and the Ragu were a little piece of Rome, washed down with a lush Nebbiolo
                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Yeah. That doesn't make any difference to anything except the old €0.20 price has changed to about €6.00 now, so ~30 times the price, to compensate for having 30 times less shares. The value of the company post brexit was €5.5bn, now it's €7.5bn, ergo people have made about a 40% gain on their investment.
                                                It sounds worth a pop at 20c a go, but 6 quid seems a bit steep.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                Car park golf, thought that was only me.
                                                What is this?
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

He is so ugly yet so adorable.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                    Yet another shameless brag, I don't know how many this now but it's a lot. (this also may just be normal for normal folk). Anyway I was contacted by one the best rugby clubs in germany the other day on a recommendation of someone I have never met nor ever spoken to. I don't know how or why I was recommended for the role but it after some back and forth conversations has turned into a role which pays about 3 times what I was on, has a shit tonne more expenses paid and from what I gather an open door into tier 2 national team work.

I really am the luckiest person around and I've no idea why
                                                    Fair play I would say from knowing you not so well you have an unshakeable belief coincidence - arrogance in your own self and ability. Is it Heidelberg the club? Lovely pretty city went on a rugby tour there was not one German on the team all Southern Hemisphere expats.

Comment

One for the rugby lads.

Comment

Ouch.

Jones DC this weekend, excite.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                          Ouch.

Jones DC this weekend, excite.
                                                          Best fight card of the year, Lawler vs Cerrone will be good fun

Comment

Any IPBers about? Gunpowder > Monkey
                                                            I find GP very sweet, currently...well, not at the moment, drinking Bombay east, nice tart taste to it.
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                              Best fight card of the year, Lawler vs Cerrone will be good fun
                                                              Woodly Maia too, actually worth staying up for.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                It certainly seems a case of the Gardaí had decided he did it and would do anything to get him even going so far as to give witnesses lifts to the libel case. All very strange.
                                                                Nothing in the least bit strange about that, standard operating procedure then and probably still is.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                  Whats best route from Ireland to Azores? Separate flight to Portugal then onwards?

Fab meal this evening in Osteria Lucio before Brian Wilson concert, Quattro formaggio pizza and the Ragu were a little piece of Rome, washed down with a lush Nebbiolo
                                                                  I live in lisbon so easy enough flight for me. I'd imagine through lisbon or porto, i remember seeing flights from london and brussels on the arrivals boards though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                    Fair play I would say from knowing you not so well you have an unshakeable belief coincidence - arrogance in your own self and ability. Is it Heidelberg the club? Lovely pretty city went on a rugby tour there was not one German on the team all Southern Hemisphere expats.
                                                                    You'd think that but no, not quite like that. I've so much to learn but you're right I am confident in my ability to figure out problems i just have to keep ticking along.

Not the big Heidelberg club owned by Capri Sun guy who owns Stade Francais now. They are the perennial champions and it's going to be a challenge to get ahead of them, two big clubs in germany basically buy an entire team from south africa.

Comment

That scouts speech is mental. It's crazier and scarier he gets. Entertaining all the same though. The head tilt and step back to wait for cheers and chants are my favourite parts. USA USA USA.
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Comment

I drank gunpowder tonight, then ran out, I had monkey, gunpowder was superior. I'm.currenrly fucked of a Tuesday, judgement clouded, be grand. Jetlag etc
                                                                          I too was unimpressed with monkey47, I thought I would like it more than gunpowder but it wasn't even close.

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                          I find GP very sweet, currently...well, not at the moment, drinking Bombay east, nice tart taste to it.
                                                                          That's probably the reason I like it so much, it's sweetness/smoothness/particular mix of botanicals and fantastic smell. It stands out from teh crowd. Too many of them are much the same to me.

Comment

Wasn't the Hitler Youth modelled after the boy scouts? Easier to mold young minds.
                                                                            It's easy to mold people, create memories etc but it is FAR easier in children, you can make them believe anything. It's why their testimony and such shouldn't have too much weight. It's why your upbringing effects you so much. Why it is hard to break away from social norms. You believe things simply because you were told to believe them.

There was a great doc I saw where police interrogated ~9 different people independently, one-by-one, and got them all to confess to a murder that they didn't commit. They kept getting confessions but the DNA evidence didn't match so they had to keep looking for that one other guy involved.

The suspects weren't even in the area for the most part. The guy that actually did it confessed in prison and was ignored. The police just wouldn't admit they were wrong and interrogated people so much that they believed they did it and now had memories of it.

That's the thing with the mind, easily bent out of shape, when you remember something it is overwritten and becomes less accurate each time.

/random
                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 26-07-17, 11:52.

Comment

Banks are some cunce
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                Banks are some cunce
                                                                                Deets?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                  Deets?
                                                                                  Told us they didn't have some form we sent them 8 days ago. Told them that was literally bullshit, because it was. Kicked up a stink CCing the mortage advisor and the solicitor, funnily enough it was all sorted about 20 minutes later. Mortgage money is on its way to our solicitor and we should get the keys tomorrow or Friday.
                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                    Banks are some cunce
                                                                                    U Ok Hun?

Comment

I told our bank we want to switch to the <50% LTV rate because our gaf is now worth more than twice what we owe. They said pick a valuer off the list and get him to value it (€150). The same day it was valued they sent a letter saying as per the terms of the mortgage we can't switch rates...€150 burned for no reason. Time to change mortgage provider so!

Comment

Trump again. He can really delivery consistent popcorn
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                          I told our bank we want to switch to the <50% LTV rate because our gaf is now worth more than twice what we owe. They said pick a valuer off the list and get him to value it (€150). The same day it was valued they sent a letter saying as per the terms of the mortgage we can't switch rates...€150 burned for no reason. Time to change mortgage provider so!
                                                                                          You on fixed or variable? Do have have your terms and conditions? Ask them to send you out a copy if you don't have them.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                            Trump again. He can really delivery consistent popcorn
                                                                                            Feel this one will spark more outrage than any previous tweets.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

You on fixed or variable? Do have have your terms and conditions? Ask them to send you out a copy if you don't have them.
                                                                                              Variable. Think the mrs. has the somewhere. I assume they're not making it up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                You would expect so. But things haven't tended to play out as expected to this point
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

I think you should be careful about making that assumption.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                    Nothing matters.

Denny will be along to explain how this will just feed into the whole production, its like Mick OLeary going on the radio ostensibly to take abuse from fools but is actually getting an hours free advertising out of it .

Trump could take a novelty cheque for a couple of Billion off Putin, beat the crap out of his current wife on live TV and nothing would matter.

They are morons each and every one of them - anyone who excuses or makes light of this subversion of democracy is a moron it is really as simple as that.
                                                                                                    All we can do now is hope the constitution and institutions are strong enough to survive him.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 26-07-17, 14:16.

Comment

Ceaser what an Ape. great movie .

Trump - bad human . transgenders not allowed in the Scouts - redic .

Comment

Definitely ask them to send you out a copy of the relevant documentation. If nothing else it'll make work for them. Banks do switching offers on mortgages now, you could possibly get 2% off your remaining capital if you don't mind the paperwork. There shouldn't be much of a penalty from your current bank as you're not on a fixed rate.

What bank are you with?

Comment

With AIB. Found them to be mostly a pain in the hole. Any time I've tried to pay off a bit extra they've made it very awkward.

Comment

Is this the third new Ape movie, I enjoyed the first one, would missing the second one matter?

Or should I just go to Dunkirk?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              Is this the third new Ape movie, I enjoyed the first one, would missing the second one matter?

Or should I just go to Dunkirk?
                                                                                                              2nd one was good but the 3rd stands alone ok.

monkeys taking a donald trump in it

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                So job has "forgotten" about my contract which expires nextt Friday
                                                                                                                Next 48 hours should be interesting
                                                                                                                Just lol.
                                                                                                                one emergency 30 day contract (at a nice mark up) later
                                                                                                                it turns out I've been "Miltoned" at group level.
                                                                                                                So as it stands, I'm done here at the end of August.
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Just lol.
                                                                                                                  one emergency 30 day contract (at a nice mark up) later
                                                                                                                  it turns out I've been "Miltoned" at group level.
                                                                                                                  So as it stands, I'm done here at the end of August.
                                                                                                                  You been moved to the basement yet?

Comment

You been moved to the basement yet?
                                                                                                                    They have me doing hours of conf call to train my replacements
                                                                                                                    So close enough
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

They have me doing hours of conf call to train my replacements
                                                                                                                      So close enough
                                                                                                                      Tell them nothing. No incentive in it for you. Change all the passwords before you leave too.

Comment

...

Comment

Got a letter saying: this is your first official warning for downloading pirate material. Two more of these and you won't be allowed to have internet. So I'm thinking I need to switch from torrents. Is Usenet the best alternative?
                                                                                                                          Usenet/streaming/vpn+torrents

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X