Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    Nah, he just used his loaf.
    unlike the multitude who followed him into the desert with no provisions of their own . no wonder they all died young

Comment

His rate is 600 per day m8, plus 50 per day for me as his verified agent.
      You shouldn't be underselling him like that

Comment

Has anyone had any experience of using tinydeal?

Seems to be one of the few options for ordering a P2

Comment

The train to cork seems like a strange pricing system. if you can use the "Semi Flexible" ticket at any time of the day, then why charge 50% more for certain times?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            The train to cork seems like a strange pricing system. if you can use the "Semi Flexible" ticket at any time of the day, then why charge 50% more for certain times?
            Return journey i want to make in early September still not up on their website. Don't get me started on their App.

Comment

€100 return with zuutair starting soon. You can pick any of the 3 seats on booking for free too.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                €100 return with zuutair starting soon. You can pick any of the 3 seats on booking for free too.
                How are you fixed for a quick up and down to Killarney on Wednesday evening?
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                  In a shill for my new place, the guys are looking for a few contract sql dba's if you fancy looking at something else.
                  I may bang on a CV in due course.

His rate is 600 per day m8, plus 50 per day for me as his verified agent.
                  You're hired. My current crowd are taking pretty much that and it seems like money for old rope as they do fuck all for me.

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                  You shouldn't be underselling him like that
                  Correction, you are hired
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    Tiz only arriving on Sunday. Guy who was doing it for experience now wants money

Kerry and Cork are a bit of a disaster without an instrument rating tbh. Fog can roll in very quickly. Typical dispatch rates for the private licence are only around 50% moving to 90% with rating (probably higher in Ireland). I'll get it next year and then I hope to have no further aspirations to do anything difficult in my life because I'm tired.

Comment

How many hours for the instrument rating zuut?

Comment

Ulster - 50

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                          How many hours for the instrument rating zuut?
                          There's one called an 'en-route instrument rating' which allows you to fly in cloud, use the airways and put the onus on ATC to keep you clear of restricted areas, but once you're close to the destination aerodrome you have to cancel 'instrument flight rules' and be clear of cloud and in sight of the surface but still be above a certain safety altitude. If the cloud base precludes that then it's a no go and if it happens inadvertently then it's a mayday (procedurally but not a huge threat). Same goes for the departure aerodrome. If you can't get above that altitude after takeoff without being in cloud you can't go. It's 15 hours of practical training and 100 hours of utterly pointless theory

The full IR allows landing in everything down to a 200 ft cloud base and taking off in close to zero visibility and its 50 hours practical and 250 hours theory. Procedural approaches are very difficult thus the extra training.

There's also a middle ground where you can have full IR privileges with just 45 hours training and 100 hours theory and the only limitation is you're restricted to non-commercial use.

The first and third form a joined up course too where you can do one then the other with the same theory and practical hours counting toward both, so I'll probably go that route and may not even add the third as most of my plan is flying in Europe in summer so weather shouldn't be too much of an issue, and if it is I won't be to out of joint if I just have to wait a day.

Comment

Grand*

*have a train ticket in your pocket just in case

Comment

What kind of money would it cost if we were to hire someone out of Weston do the return trip on Wednesday for two or maybe four people?

Comment

Any chance anyone can recommend a little stereo (as in not a hifi, more boombox) that plays CDs, has DAB radio, and plays USBs? It's for my mother.

Comment

What kind of money would it cost if we were to hire someone out of Weston do the return trip on Wednesday for two or maybe four people?
                                  3 max. They would charge about €240 per flight hour at 120 mph.

Comment

3 max. They would charge about €240 per flight hour at 120 mph.
                                    7 hour round trip it is then

Comment

I have a mate who is a pilot, I can ask him if you like.

Comment

Only about 1:15 each way in a cessna 172

Comment

Yeah, my mate just said around 600 euro including flight/landing fees/waiting around for a couple of hours for the return flight etc.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                            Any chance anyone can recommend a little stereo (as in not a hifi, more boombox) that plays CDs, has DAB radio, and plays USBs? It's for my mother.
                                            Bought a simple one in Tesco with all your requirements about 2 years ago for the kitchen. Tis still going strong.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                Yeah, my mate just said around 600 euro including flight/landing fees/waiting around for a couple of hours for the return flight etc.
                                                Cheers, we'll have a look at it tomorrow when we know how many are travelling.

Comment

Lol, you are survivors biggest fan.
                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Cheers, we'll have a look at it tomorrow when we know how many are travelling.
                                                    He says call Weston as early as possible because bookings are busy with the good weather this week.

Comment

Is a helicopter not more useful for going racing?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          You must be tantalisingly close to your annual two fingers to Irish wine taxes? Anything fun on the itinerary apart from finding the holiday site and relaxing?
                                                          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                          2....more....days.....of work. Get through those without committing any major acts of violence is the plan.

Not much on the agenda. Eat plenty of foie gras. Some kayaking on the Vezere maybe. Other than that, turn off the phone and relax!
                                                          Both of you, when in France, do me the favour or of trying a wine called Amphibolite. It's a muscadet around the 12-15 euro mark, tastes nothing like your ordinary muscadet but is one of the most simple balanced wines I've had the pleasure of drinking in a good while. Such a pleasure to drink.

Comment

Got
                                                            SPOILER
                                                            ed Sheehan cameo was ominous,absolutely pointless,worrying stuff,can't escape him
                                                            Opening was crowd pleasing shite,gonna see a lot more of that as they cram stuff in and don't have the books to work off

Comment

Proper Legend!

The Scottish FA would not let women play the game, so Reilly set off for Italy and won eight league titles, four Italian cups and the Mundialito Femminile

Comment

Comment

So I’m pulling out of a garage and a boy racer driving the wrong way down a slip lane onto the M7 flies into the garage at top speed. A second later and boom. Funny thing is the register got stuck and the cashier delayed me . Who knows

The register could have saved me or the boy racers life. I WTF’d all the way home. A bit annoyed I didn’t reverse back into the garage and report the fecker but it happened so fast and I was away WTFing in the other direction.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                      So I’m pulling out of a garage and a boy racer driving the wrong way down a slip lane onto the M7 flies into the garage at top speed. A second later and boom. Funny thing is the register got stuck and the cashier delayed me . Who knows

The register could have saved me or the boy racers life. I WTF’d all the way home. A bit annoyed I didn’t reverse back into the garage and report the fecker but it happened so fast and I was away WTFing in the other direction.
                                                                      People just do amazingly stupid things. And not just boy racers. Now that I'm commuting it's unreal what you see on a daily basis. Bring on the self drive asap!
                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                        People just do amazingly stupid things. And not just boy racers. Now that I'm commuting it's unreal what you see on a daily basis. Bring on the self drive asap!

Comment

Comment

Targetting a whopping 33 degrees in Rennes today. It ain't pleasant. I see Dublin is expected to hit that sweet spot of around 26 degrees.
                                                                            yes, if you could turn down the dial to about 28 by Friday, that would be appreciated.
                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Just in case anyone has had any prank calls or has a family member that has had them here's a link to the current phone scam going around. They've called my Mum for a couple of months now on and off and it started with "Can you take a reverse charge call from America?" then on later calls saying her name repeatedly and asking if she can hear them. Also had my name and my brother's one and just mumbled them as they trailed off and hung up. They want you to say "Yes" so they can record that and link it to you giving them permission to access bank details or accepting an invoice from them etc. All at 2-5am to the house phone (4 or 5 calls a night) that hey now leave off the hook until we get a internet based phone system that will record and monitor calls. Eircom can't block this apparently.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/per...-yes/97237592/

Comment

There are loads of Eastern European lads who work in Thorntons buzzing up and down the Nangor road canal path on yokes like that every day.
                                                                                Unlike the little scangers on the little 100cc trail motorbikes they're usually fairly careful and will slow down passing people from behind, fumes are horrible though.

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Comment

Tired of winning yet?

Trump failure on healthcare sends dollar to 10-month low
                                                                                  Meanwhile in a sinister sounding development someone I know living in a mid west state recently joined a church in order to get affordable healthcare ahead of the Republican changes to close down the ACA, apparently thats a thing now

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

catchy
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

@Raoul

Brother in law going to France Friday and says he can bring back up to 24 bottles of wine for me from here http://www.normandie-wine.com/

What should I get considering I wouldn't be all that into it and it probably won't get opened til xmas. Probably get 12 white/red. I'd be more into fruity reds rather than full bodied stuff if that makes sense.

Nothing too mental price wise as it will be wasted on me

Cheers

Comment

I have been looking around at accommodation for September, I might have something decent in Harolds Cross with a mate, seen a few videos today from UCD/TCD joint effort to find accommodation for people.

It's absolutely ridiculous the accommodation that's allowed be advertised, obviously no contract, cash in hand etc.

Grants and student finance must be at the point that they need to be scaled.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                              @Raoul

Brother in law going to France Friday and says he can bring back up to 24 bottles of wine for me from here http://www.normandie-wine.com/

What should I get considering I wouldn't be all that into it and it probably won't get opened til xmas. Probably get 12 white/red. I'd be more into fruity reds rather than full bodied stuff if that makes sense.

Nothing too mental price wise as it will be wasted on me

Cheers
                                                                                              Fruity reds - I'd be thinking wines from the Loire which are lighter than Bordeaux, Rhone etc.

and sure maybe a PN for the craic:

Then for whites, you haven't stated any preference so:

a muscadet (have with fish):

a Bordeaux white:

and a Burgundy:

All selected with value in mind.
                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

At least you have the satisfaction of knowing that in a year or so you will be safely on the other side of the capitalist divide. Its those poor folk going through all that accommodation hassle to do something silly like a humanities masters that you'd have to feel for.
                                                                                                I agree, I'm getting to that age and in social circles now where I think I know more parents of soon to be college students and I feel for them when they tell me their children want to go study certain courses which are just a waste of money imo.
                                                                                                The specificity of certain Irish university/IT courses is a bit ridiculous, I think a more generalised approach in first year at least is far more worthwhile.

1000e a month for a bedsit to study some of these courses for 4 years

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                  Is a helicopter not more useful for going racing?
                                                                                                  That's what my pilot mate said too. Costs a lot more though, probably 900 per hour for a basic heli and up to 2k per hour for some of the better ones.

Comment

€120 each for the 7 minute trip from Nice airport to Monaco!

Comment

Minimum wage of €9.55 is starting to look decent (its just been increased again). Although seems mad to be increasing min wage in e.g. Leitrim at same rate as Dublin. Min wage is probably a decent salary in Leitrim, but barely surviving in Dublin. Mad that they wouldn't have some sort of Dublin allowance.
                                                                                                      It would be impossible to live on in Dublin you would need to be living at home and single.

Comment

Two familiar names

Or well not familiar to me really but been at the final table before
                                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 18-07-17, 15:02.

Comment

By the way ..there is a documentary Film coming out about John Hume It looks really good.

He was an amazing man ...

My mother actually met him once when working the Burlington Hotel. She said the staff loved him he was just as sweet as he seemed

He is like my Hero!

John Hume graduated from Maynooth with a BA in French and History in 1958

John Hume graduated from Maynooth with a BA in French and History.

The winner of Ireland's Greatest is finally announced. Catch-up on the whole programme on RTÉ Player http://www.rte.ie/player

Such a wonderful human being. He did so much for us.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 18-07-17, 15:01.

Comment

That's brilliant Raoul, thanks a million. I'll mix and match that lot and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                              That's brilliant Raoul, thanks a million. I'll mix and match that lot and report back.
                                                                                                              That's nice I like the EU.

Comment

At least you have the satisfaction of knowing that in a year or so you will be safely on the other side of the capitalist divide. Its those poor folk going through all that accommodation hassle to do something silly like a humanities masters that you'd have to feel for.
                                                                                                                Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                I feel for them when they tell me their children want to go study certain courses which are just a waste of money imo.
                                                                                                                The specificity of certain Irish university/IT courses is a bit ridiculous, I think a more generalised approach in first year at least is far more worthwhile.
                                                                                                                Its all good if you realllly know what you want to do but looking at the way kidulthood has become something that excuses people from not growing up or having to display the tiniest bit of cop on until they pass 30, it seems to me about 20% of people starting university are following a path that they will want to continue with into their 30's. For most a humanities or better still a mixed science and humanities bachelor's is a much better idea than doing something specialised that they will walk away from later.

Comment

Its all good if you realllly know what you want to do but looking at the way kidulthood has become something that excuses people from not growing up or having to display the tiniest bit of cop on until they pass 30, it seems to me about 20% of people starting university are following a path that they will want to continue with into their 30's. For most a humanities or better still a mixed science and humanities bachelor's is a much better idea than doing something specialised that they will walk away from later.
                                                                                                                  Are you judging my life choices?

Comment

by that I mean I did a philosophy degree....still giant kid!

I am a nice kid though

Comment

I'm nice to all the other kids ..adults ...dogs ..people ..and bears.

Comment

The majority of them have no business turning up at university at all at 18. Crisis incoming I'd say.

Comment

The majority of them have no business turning up at university at all at 18. Crisis incoming I'd say.
                                                                                                                          Maybe all the better to go to university.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X