Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wandered into this on a World Cup buzz...

If you hate goals and only watch in HD then you won't be interested...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Unsolved - biggie and Tupac seems decent, plenty of faces from the wire in it.

Comment

Also recognising locations from GTA 5

Comment

Interesting thread on Twitter about some of the historical context (at a high level) to the attitude of China that was being discussed lately:

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

@oleras

Did you go to the Paul Simon gig last night. Epic stuff. The man can still deliver even at his age.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                @oleras

Did you go to the Paul Simon gig last night. Epic stuff. The man can still deliver even at his age.
                Afraid not, kinda regretting it now, dont think I will get another chance.

Not a fan of outdoor concerts, too many people talking and annoying me...

Previous shows were getting great reviews.
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                  I'd imagine The Men's Semi would go on at 11am Centre Court.
                  Any updates on this. The BBC site says it's not starting till 1pm.
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The Men's Semi, ha. The news service in work kept mentioning "China's Wang" as much as possible yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                      Official site has it starting back on Centre at 1pm.

Comment

...It's 13:00 for sure in centre court, it's on then ladies final rigright after it...

Comment

Boris Becker looks in bad shape for a 70 year old

Comment

Phil Jones FGS 50/1

Comment

Turn 30 on Monday, booked Vegas as a present but girlfriend arrived home with this today. Not often I'm lost for words but am made up with it.

Comment

Epic tennis match so far
                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                  Epic tennis match so far
                                  Will they women be waiting until 7pm this evening??

Comment

In other football news, Aubameyang has scored a hat-trick in the first 15 mins of Arsenal's first friendly. He's looking sharp

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                      I see Sinn Fein have said they will run a candidate in the Presidential Election. I wonder will Gerry have the balls to go for it?
                                      Strewleys posting rights would need to be reviewed. Surely not though.
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                        In other football news, Aubameyang has scored a hat-trick in the first 15 mins of Arsenal's first friendly. He's looking sharp
                                        ...against boreham wood

Scraping the barrel for good news now gooners

Find me my boots and I’ll get a hat-trick in 15mins against them too
                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                          I see Sinn Fein have said they will run a candidate in the Presidential Election. I wonder will Gerry have the balls to go for it?
                                          Surely Michael D wins another election at a canter?

Comment

Bet on there for Belgium to score in first half and have 2.5+ corners.

Last kick of the half they have the early goal in the bag & 2 corners and Lukaku's shot is blocked for corner number 3. However the ref blows the whistle as the guy is going to take it (he has placed it in the D to take the corner which has been awarded) and its now showing as a losing bet. Does it have to be awarded or taken to count for the bet??

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                              Bet on there for Belgium to score in first half and have 2.5+ corners.

Last kick of the half they have the early goal in the bag & 2 corners and Lukaku's shot is blocked for corner number 3. However the ref blows the whistle as the guy is going to take it (he has placed it in the D to take the corner which has been awarded) and its now showing as a losing bet. Does it have to be awarded or taken to count for the bet??
                                              I'm almost sure I've seen it phrased as "corners awarded", assume it was in BF as I rarely have a bet on soccer. I'd be surprised if it's not paid out

"Bets settled on the total corners TAKEN, not awarded."

Might be wrong, quick Google returned that from Boyles
                                              Last edited by Guest; 14-07-18, 15:23.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                Turn 30 on Monday, booked Vegas as a present but girlfriend arrived home with this today. Not often I'm lost for words but am made up with it.

DUB's are the soundest people on the planet m8!

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                  I'm almost sure I've seen it phrased as "corners awarded", assume it was in BF as I rarely have a bet on soccer. I'd be surprised if it's not paid out

"Bets settled on the total corners TAKEN, not awarded."

Might be wrong, quick Google returned that from Boyles
                                                  Yep, same on PP....

Corner Markets
                                                  Bets on number of corners refers to number of corners taken and not corners awarded

Poxy ref

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                    DUB's are the soundest people on the planet m8!
                                                    Yer not a bad aul bunch tbf

Comment

Ye lot should be eternally grateful to Martin mc guinness for spiking Gallaghers chances last Presidential election
                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                        Ye lot should be eternally grateful to Martin mc guinness for spiking Gallaghers chances last Presidential election
                                                        That was Gold.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              Let's hope the new Everton manager can keep it up.
                                                              ...Had a tenner on 23-0, fucking raging he missed that last chance...

Comment

Nah you're falling into the classic trap in these things of thinking the presidency matters. Anyone could have been there and it would have made no difference. In the same way as it makes no difference this time around either.
                                                                Would be nice to have someone that doesn't praise dictators and overstep the office for the next round though.

Comment

Let's hope the new Everton manager can keep it up.
                                                                  Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                  ...Had a tenner on 23-0, fucking raging he missed that last chance...
                                                                  Someone was on the handicap...

Last edited by Dice75; 14-07-18, 19:52.

Comment

Comment

Nah you're falling into the classic trap in these things of thinking the presidency matters. Anyone could have been there and it would have made no difference. In the same way as it makes no difference this time around either.
                                                                      The Presidency doesn't matter until it does. Hillary refusing to take calls from Haughey and the boys is the type of example. A President being labelled a thundering disgrace by the Minister of Defense another. So in that sense it is important that the person holding the office is a person of integrity well versed in constitutional law. Above and beyond that, the soft diplomacy of the President has to matter to some extent. Certainly we want someone who speaks well and presents positively.

We're on a good run with these things. The likes of Gallagher or Adams would be a step down and it might just matter were they to ever get in. You never know.
                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I assume a few IPBers went to Peterson, Harris & Murray last night.
                                                                        Overall I enjoyed it, Murray is very well spoken and it's a pity he wasn't more involved but he did jump in with some quality stuff.
                                                                        He mentioned Harris being afraid to let down his guard with Peterson about religious topics and the value of mythological stories etc in fear of Peterson "Jesus smuggling".

Q&A was overwhelming agreed upon to be left and the discussion to continue.
                                                                        I came out interested in Douglas Murray, not that he mixes it in his league but between the accent and general demeanour, he reminds me of Hitchens.

Harris I've liked for a long time, the adherence to rationality and logic is excellent. Although his vocabulary is ridiculous from listening to his podcasts, his points are concise.

To be honest, I went in turned off Peterson in many ways mainly because I find he is is often so elaborate in his discussion, sometimes needlessly but as I said to a friend last night, I think the positions that Peterson holds with respect to religion are simply more nuanced than those of Harris. They need more metaphor and narrative creation in order to be explained so that was probably a fault of mine previously.

Overall, worth the 27e ticket i was given, that said the queue they allowed form for people to speak about why they were there and for whom, might have been the most cringey thing I've ever witnessed.
                                                                        One guy asked could they discuss "sex robots" and why we don't need women anymore.

Comment

🎵 Listen & Buy Igraj moja Hrvatska": https://backl.ink/402026PRATITE NAS NA:Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/ZapresicBoysYoutube - http://www.youtube.com/...

IDEMO HRVATSKA!!

fucking raining here in zagreb but so hyped for the game done even care hope it clears up going into centre for it https://www.whatsupcams.com/en/webca...elacic-square/ link for webcam of the main square for later for you guys to see how mental it will be, cannot wait for the game now.

edit how the fuck do i embed youtube again

Comment

Jesus, the heads up in the WSOP is taking forever.
                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

just back from a week spent sailing the Turkish seas on a Gulet. What an absolutely amazing way to spend a holiday.

But now on to more important things. Allez les bleus!!!

A griezmann or Mbappe hat trick would also top things off nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                just back from a week spent sailing the Turkish seas on a Gulet. What an absolutely amazing way to spend a holiday.

But now on to more important things. Allez les bleus!!!

A griezmann or Mbappe hat trick would also top things off nicely.
                                                                                Thought you don't like griezmann?

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                  Thought you don't like griezmann?
                                                                                  Nope. big fan. If that's in reference to my tagline, DP put that there after the euros, in a bitter fit of jealous rage at him being the golden boot! I've had to live with it ever since

Comment

I blame/thank the RaoulDuke clan for bringing back some proper rain to Ireland, by going camping, in a tent.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                      This sounds like my kind of trip, deets please

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                        This sounds like my kind of trip, deets please
                                                                                        we booked this one.

it's one of the smaller ones but sleeps 12 (most people were sleeping out on deck anyway as it gets pretty hot in the cabins whereas outside is lovely with the breeze).

There was a captain, a chef, and 3 crew who live on the boat also. It was full board and the food was amazing tbh. huge portions of fresh fruit and veg everyday with meat, fish,cheese, etc.
                                                                                        Only thing not included is the alcohol, but you can put your order in before you sail and they'll go and buy it all for you before you sail (and when you run out you can stop off somewhere and stock up).
                                                                                        Wind was decent so we managed to sail most days. ship was fast and sailing on this at 8-10 knots is amazing (plenty of gulets don't sail btw, so be mindful of that when booking if it's something you want).

Daily briefing to set the course, breakfast, swimming, then some sailing to the next spot for lunch. Rinse and repeat in the afternoon, or you can just stay there for the night if it's a wonderful spot. If there are places you want to visit,no probs, he'll drop you off for walks wherever you want. There's also a kayak and a Stand up paddle for you to play with. Some of the bigger boats would have a powerful speedboat for waterskiing, some have windsurfs, etc.

If you want to see pics, give me a shout and i'll post a few up, and if you ever decide to call them give me a shout before ( as they offer a nice future discount to referrers, and we're defintely keen to do it again!! )
                                                                                        Last edited by shrapnel; 15-07-18, 11:17.

Comment

Pics please!

Comment

...

Comment

25,000 people going to be in the bigscreen fanzone in Rennes for the match. Should be a fairly class atmosphere
                                                                                              Gonna watch it in the mobile home on me own cause I’m a miserable fucker.

Comment

...So far this is the most one sided Wimbledon final I've seen in a good few years...It'll be over well before the final at this stage...

...@Hitch- are you going to the fanzone in Rennes also?...Wonder what the atmosphere is like right now...

Comment

Elon really copying Trump, distract with nonsense PR, and counterpunch anyone that attacks him. Is this Elons Good Star family moment?

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                    Pics please!
                                                                                                    I'll sort this out tomorrow as need to go through them and upload, and i'm a bit busy this afternoon.

Comment

I blame/thank the RaoulDuke clan for bringing back some proper rain to Ireland, by going camping, in a tent.
                                                                                                      Left campsite literally as the first drops were falling. Still winning bigly although didn't really sleep at alk and back is fucked.

Are there eagles in Wicklow now? Me and Small (family name for youngest child) pretty convinced we saw one.
                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

No nonsense goal that.

Comment

This is a surprisingly good game.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                              No nonsense goal that.
                                                                                                              Best player I've never heard of. He was great in the semi too.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                Elon really copying Trump, distract with nonsense PR, and counterpunch anyone that attacks him. Is this Elons Good Star family moment?

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Dramatic stuff

Comment

...

Comment

Armchair refs? Do you need to mean to handball there or is it just tough shit?

I'd be going with the latter in fairness to the ref. France have been poxed so far.

Comment

Handball is not an offence, deliberate handball is.

Comment

I would say about 10% of handballs are actually deliberate in the proper sense of the word.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X