1/2 Live Top 2 on the turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/2 Live Top 2 on the turn

We don't seem to do much strategy here any more so I'm going to post a few interesting hands again.

This one is from 1/2 Live in the Fitz. I don't play Hold'em cash there much so I don't know the villains so no real reads but I had villain A is quite nitty and villain B as much better and seemed to be taking advantages of situations and signs of weakness.

9 handed, we are the effective stack with c300 and the others have about 500 each.

Villain A raises to 10 UTG+1, Villain B UTG+2 calls as do we next to act with 57ss and both the button and the Blinds come along.

Flop 235 rainbow €60
    Its checked to us, we check, button checks.

Turn 7h putting a flush draw on board.
    checked to Villain A who bets €40, Villain B raises to €85, we?

Very interesting hand. I think I'd call and call most rivers, a4 is the only value hand that seems in anyway likely. A lot of flush draws will have pairs or straight draws with them given the board, so sticking it in on the turn has some merit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
      Very interesting hand. I think I'd call and call most rivers, a4 is the only value hand that seems in anyway likely. A lot of flush draws will have pairs or straight draws with them given the board, so sticking it in on the turn has some merit.
      i think call/calling blank rivers is best, his raise sizing on turn is pretty bad and seems really polarized, but if they are 500 deep he's leaving 405 behind with 230 in the pot going to river(v op that is diff obv but OP hasnt acted yet and im doubting raiser even has a clue as to stack sizes at this point anyways and is just clicking buttons) so yeah i think call/calling rivers is best if river is a blank and its checked to us id be very happy with going for value aswell.

Comment

I call turn and evaluate river. His turn bet sizing is quite interesting. Have you played many pots against him to help make a river judgement?

Comment

Very few, no strong reads

If we call here what do we do if:
          I) A reraises and B folds
          II) A reraises and B calls
          we have to fold surely in both of the above scenarios given probable ranges

Comment

If the villains are as described, nitty and good this could quickly become a real unpleasant spot.

If we call and there is any more action on this round we have to fold.
            There are so many possibilities in the next two rounds that we are already playing for stacks. Maybe its better simpler to either raise or fold now.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

i have only recently started posting here so keep that in mind..

i guess im a bit of a nit but is folding here not the best option? i guess a 7 or a non heart 5 is all thats improving you

given no-one re-raised pre either villain doesnt have an over pair too often and there's not much else your beating ??

if you floped a set would you be checking or betting here on this flop is the question?

Comment

I raise.
                But small.
                I watch A very carefully. I don't expect him to call. If he does I have made a mistake.

I know B will call or raise me back. If he calls ..i pee my pants. See what happens
                This is a Shashka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3uhImuy6E Ty Menya Ne Ishi. Ti menya ne stoish. 'Do not look for me you are not worthy of me.'

Comment

But cash is very different to tournaments and I am very very inexperienced. So forgive me.
                  This is a Shashka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3uhImuy6E Ty Menya Ne Ishi. Ti menya ne stoish. 'Do not look for me you are not worthy of me.'

Comment

Any raise is more than half of our stack (double the previous bet rule in the fitz)

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                      Any raise is more than half of our stack (double the previous bet rule in the fitz)
                      They know that too then. And they are tight.

Raise.

You could get away with it. I couldn't live people view me as weak and call everything!

Ok maybe you don't do that.

But I think you still have to fold here or raise. That is your choice.

Fold ..or raise. Either or not call.
                      Last edited by Shashka; 26-04-16, 21:47. Reason: It was a crazy idea that might not work out so good!

Comment

I chose to fold.

The hand played out with A calling.
                        An off suit 8 on the River.
                        A check calls 150 on the River. B had 69 for the rivered NUTS.
                        A said he had A4 but I don't believe that, there was a speech including I shouldn't really be calling this before the call.
                        Very interesting Turn decision anyway, I felt after that perhaps i could have pushed but on reflection Folding is prob best. The calling option is interesting, I didn't expect you guys to advocate it, leads to some difficult river decisions IMO.

Comment

Interesting hand. Take your point on river decision but too strong to fold imo on turn. Sure we face some tough river spots agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                            I chose to fold.

The hand played out with A calling.
                            An off suit 8 on the River.
                            A check calls 150 on the River. B had 69 for the rivered NUTS.
                            A said he had A4 but I don't believe that, there was a speech including I shouldn't really be calling this before the call.
                            Very interesting Turn decision anyway, I felt after that perhaps i could have pushed but on reflection Folding is prob best. The calling option is interesting, I didn't expect you guys to advocate it, leads to some difficult river decisions IMO.
                            had B 69 with the FD?
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                              had B 69 with the FD?
                              Nope, he turned the bare Dbl Gutshot and basically bluffed the turn but his sizing was sooo small.

Comment

#hero

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                Nope, he turned the bare Dbl Gutshot and basically bluffed the turn but his sizing was sooo small.

Comment

Working...
                                X