Freeroll Satellite bubble (ish) query.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeroll Satellite bubble (ish) query.

Freeroll satellite to a tournament with a prize pool of $2k and 774 places paid.

There are 108 tickets and 178 left out of 5500 and everyone has tightened up with lots of walks and hands checked down. I have just over 41,000 and 2 players have me covered by less than 2000 chips. It's 9 handed. Blinds are 1000/2000 and there's an ante of 150.

In the BB I have AQs There are 5 limpers in front of me including the 2 bigger stacks.
    Standard raises don't seem to clear the field, and I'd rather not play this hand OOP with a couple of callers so I consider a push. I've been on this table for an hour. I figure I've the best hand, as others have pushed with raggy aces and kings and small pairs, and there hasn't been any trapping.

With 70 more to go to get a ticket, it's not about trying to win the thing. I just have to get there. But I've only 20 BBs. When this table breaks I'm sure to come up against bigger stacks who will likely be more aggressive and can afford to call all-ins very light, so I definitely need to chip up.

Now considering I'd really like to win a ticket, is a push the right move here?

Would need to know tournament average here to be honest, that would be a huge factor.

I'd imagine it's an online freeroll with a fast structure so average would be around 25k in which case you could honestly just time down every single hand and get a ticket.

If the average would be around 40-50k I'd be shoving though
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Thanks mdoug. I don't know what the average was but the CL had about 250k and I was in 86th of the 178 left.

The structure was good for a freeroll with 8 minute blinds.

Comment

Working...
      X