Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL red card for Kaka here. I know Strewelpeter will say it should be a red card () but using video replays and seeing what we see, and then not using some common sense is just ridiculous. Applying the letter of law blah blah, but what is the actual rule on video assistant decisions being appealed/overruled?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      PP Enhanced Kane & Lukaku anytime double 2/1 - 7/2
      I've done it but I don't feel hugely confident of that bet
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
        Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
          That makes me somewhat angry but there will be angrier people than me to protest so I'll but enjoy my English breakfast of mostly pig.
          I was Lol'ing rather than taking offence until I saw I got a name check as a burglar with a rathole in Rathkeale
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
            Can you post the link there again and I'll share it to my page too. Forgot to do it yesterday
            It's over now. I ended p with 141 votes. Winner had 143.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                LOL red card for Kaka here. I know Strewelpeter will say it should be a red card () but using video replays and seeing what we see, and then not using some common sense is just ridiculous. Applying the letter of law blah blah, but what is the actual rule on video assistant decisions being appealed/overruled?

LOL thats crazy... its almost as if they want the video experiment to fail!

I did see a ref getting abused and even manhandled yesterday, I just cannot understand how is that allowed happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  Are you familiar with Rocket league?

My cousin plays it at a high level, was telling me recently that ESPN were talking to him about flying him over to commentate on a tournament.
                  Yeah I have rocket league, it's a class game, playing football with cars instead of people and they can kinda fly. That's cool!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    I've done it but I don't feel hugely confident of that bet
                    Yeah, same. Just an interest bet. As yesterday highlights, not much point going mad on anything the first few weeks.

Comment

Looks like meats back on the menu boys, they are in talks with 10+ meat distributors worldwide.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Kane's never scored in August, hard to believe. Wonder if it's an anomaly or he just takes a while to find sharpness.

Clearly scores in last ten mins now
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Wow, Bitcoin hits the 4k mark.

Opr

Comment

Comment

New mix, for those interested in that sort of thing. https://www.mixcloud.com/daraghthomas/nsm17/

One hour of very deep acid, house, techno and electro. Ricardo Villalobos, Bicep, Levon Vincent etc. Close your eyes and forget about the terrible Irish summer!

Comment

Comment

You would have to be a hard man indeed not to be funking for Waterford here.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Gleeson

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      Gleeson
                                      He should have been sent off in the first half 😢 class tho

Comment

Gleeson
                                        A beast. Could be an epic final. Tickets will be gold dust

Comment

Hup Waterford

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                            A beast. Could be an epic final. Tickets will be gold dust
                                            Mrs DIII is certainly on the hunt, my Waterford allegiance is only allowed to be temporary.

Comment

All Irelands in that cork team but great to see Waterford step up today. Gleeson is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                In Paris for a few days, and it's weird to see that even in the capital that everything is shut. Was assuming Paris would be a bit more normal.

My list of things to do, having explored the main stuff thoroughly over the years:

1. Musee de l'Orangerie (Monet)
                                                2. Musee des Arts et Metiers (history of work)
                                                3. Musee de Montmartre (as the name suggests. Meant to be very good)
                                                4. Lunch here: http://www.saigonpantheon.com/ (nothing special, but can't stop craving Vietnamese food after the visit there, and this is very highly ranked)
                                                Pere Lachaise is cool for a wander, I used to live on the street, Boulevard de Menilmontant. Oscar Wilde, Chopin, Maria Callas etc in there too. Not just Jim Morrison!

Comment

Comment

That's quite a cool idea! Do they do something like Glasnevin with the guided tours?
                                                    For sure. Was '98 when I lived there so not up to speed on what's going on now but they had tours even back then...

Comment

Comment

Handicap in the Ireland v Japan womans rugby game was Ireland -45.
                                                        ht is Ireland 0, Japan 14.

Comment

In Paris for a few days, and it's weird to see that even in the capital that everything is shut. Was assuming Paris would be a bit more normal.

My list of things to do, having explored the main stuff thoroughly over the years:

1. Musee de l'Orangerie (Monet)
                                                          2. Musee des Arts et Metiers (history of work)
                                                          3. Musee de Montmartre (as the name suggests. Meant to be very good)
                                                          4. Lunch here: http://www.saigonpantheon.com/ (nothing special, but can't stop craving Vietnamese food after the visit there, and this is very highly ranked)
                                                          The sewers - went on a great tour of them (sounds bizarre but trust me).

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            It's been really poor. First 10 mins made it look like that handicap was doable but a couple of awful lineouts and a bunch of knock ons have put us in an awful spot

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                The 8K matched on Ireland @ 1.01 before the off gets a daycent sweat!
                                                                An oul lad I know had a tenner on Japan at 500/1 in the bookies

Comment

Average first half for Gleeson but he turned it on alright in the second half. Did anyone see the helmet incident? Would be a catastrophy if he was suspended for final. Stupid by him
                                                                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                      Kane's never scored in August, hard to believe. Wonder if it's an anomaly or he just takes a while to find sharpness.

Clearly scores in last ten mins now
                                                                      He doesn't look a natural athlete, now obviously he his more a natural athlete than the "doesn't look a natural athlete" of fado fado but I'd say it takes him a while to get sharp!

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                        Did anyone see the helmet incident? Would be a catastrophy if he was suspended for final. Stupid by him
                                                                        It could be a problem but there is a case to be made that it was accidental after the high tackle... all this stuff about whether its written into the refs report will be crucial.

Comment

I'm here in an Irish bar in Pigalle, and I can't shake the idea that Irish people are born slightly deformed. Last felt that most strongly in Waterford. There's definitely some hot Irish women, but surely there's a lot of 'but her personality is fantastic...' in choosing an Irish wife? Personality is by far the most important characteristic in choosing a life partner, but then you're made to say you love fucking your brick of a wife while fantasising about that Italian nympho.
                                                                          There are a lot of almost only gorgeous almost rotten people in Ireland, like where the south Dublin inbreeding has gone wrong in the Midlands somewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                            Average first half for Gleeson but he turned it on alright in the second half. Did anyone see the helmet incident? Would be a catastrophy if he was suspended for final. Stupid by him
                                                                            It could be a problem but there is a case to be made that it was accidental after the high tackle... all this stuff about whether its written into the refs report will be crucial.
                                                                            Just saw the video of it. When he's getting up he intentionally grabs the helmet and pulls. The ccccccccccc have set out their stall so anything other than a suspension will be hugely hypocritical

Comment

Do I Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle it on some random hole in the ground or there's a generally accepted way of entering the sewers as a tourist?
                                                                              There's all kinds of mad shit (pun intended) going on down there.

Comment

Can anyone explain the Paulinho to Barcelona transfer for £40m to me please?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Opr
                                                                                  Think I might stop watching football and learn how to play the bass!

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Opr
                                                                                    He's a regular starter for Brazil who are crushing a high quality South American qualifying, chipping in with goals and assists. 40m is nothing there days, a good squad signing.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

One for the cricket fans, nice bit of writing.

sp will remember all the main villains

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                        He's a regular starter for Brazil who are crushing a high quality South American qualifying, chipping in with goals and assists. 40m is nothing there days, a good squad signing.
                                                                                        This is all true, good footballer, spurs just didn't suit, but still think i might stop watching football and learn how to play the bass!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                          One for the cricket fans, nice bit of writing.

sp will remember all the main villains
                                                                                          Read it earlier, I remember an interview with one of the batsmae describing the fear of seeing Joel Garner releasing the ball from somewhere about 12ft in the air. They were just a great team, special in every way.

Comment

This is a good day.

Comment

Spains experiment with both football clubs in a game wearing the same color jerseys is interesting.

Comment

BBC definetly have to shoulder a good bit of the blame for brexit ,their olympics 2012 coverage was disgusting.was just watching last night of athletics there,at least Brendan fosters retiring,I'm sure they'll fine some other jingoistic cheerleader to fill in.
                                                                                                And no not all countries do it,can imagine the French going so over the top for one

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                  BBC definetly have to shoulder a good bit of the blame for brexit ,their olympics 2012 coverage was disgusting.was just watching last night of athletics there,at least Brendan fosters retiring,I'm sure they'll fine some other jingoistic cheerleader to fill in.
                                                                                                  And no not all countries do it,can imagine the French going so over the top for one
                                                                                                  Did enjoy Foster shouting 'Look at dat gap' during the women's 4x400.
                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                    I've never been into sport. Though in general on TV, if you're listening to the commentary I think you're doing it wrong. What possible information are you expecting to get from them? I'm sticking on a bit of Bach for the end of the PGA.
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Really hoping Stroud, and his lucky trousers mess up spectacularly.
                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Decent Sunday Major.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                          Decent Sunday Major.
                                                                                                          I personally think this has been the best one to watch this year. Still anything could happen with the last 3 holes.

Comment

And what a 3 holes.

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                                                                              **SPAM ALERT**
                                                                                                              Well the poker career fizzled out, the Panama hat market dried up and with the newspaper industry long since in its death throes, it's time to take the leap as a netrepreneur.
                                                                                                              Launched new business today, high-quality polarised sunglasses at affordable prices.
                                                                                                              HairyEyes.com
                                                                                                              Please visit and spread the word if you like what you see/buy!

**FLAME AWAY!**
                                                                                                              your website does funny things to my chome browser buddy (which could be based on my shitty laptop/imagepreview addons etc)
                                                                                                              I'd imagine performance would improve if you compressed some of the rolling images
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                your website does funny things to my chome browser buddy (which could be based on my shitty laptop/imagepreview addons etc)
                                                                                                                I'd imagine performance would improve if you compressed some of the rolling images
                                                                                                                Chrome and FF with me, horrible site.

Missed the ^flame away^ last night, damn...could have got me some free shades !
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

well that was a handy nights work, guess ill just have to drink all day for day 1

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                    I've gotten the golf bug. I knew this day would come... I just didn't think so soon.

As the ole body breaks down, the knees and ankles battered from years of abuse I shall slowly decline into a life of walking around a park following a wayward white ball.

This is life.
                                                                                                                    Broke 100 today, shot 99.

Onwards and upwards.
                                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                      Broke 100 today, shot 99.

Onwards and upwards.
                                                                                                                      I couldn't recommend a couple of lessons more. Any money you may be considering spending on a new putter, driver etc, hold on for a bit and use the money for a few lessons. The difference in someone showing you how to grip the club, align the ball, follow through etc is well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                        I've never been into sport. Though in general on TV, if you're listening to the commentary I think you're doing it wrong. What possible information are you expecting to get from them? I'm sticking on a bit of Bach for the end of the PGA.
                                                                                                                        In general when watching sporti try to avoid punditry as most of it is shite,with olympics/athletics that's not practical as there is so many breaks and because it's mostly niche sports you tend to need some background
                                                                                                                        Would always watch on RTE when the option is there for the likes of athletics though,you would catch Jerry Kiernan wearing tricolour sunglasses and cheerleading "our boys" ,he can be spiky enough

Comment

On many sides GTFO

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X