mammoth turbo day 1E hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mammoth turbo day 1E hand

mammoth turbo 1E hand, 5 out of 14 levels left. I just lost a hand with flopped set v draw when both all in, so dropped from 75k to 30k. Have a pretty solid image as shown down nuts or big hand every time i have had to show.
    blinds 600/1200/100, 7 handed.
    I limp 66 utg, utg-1 young kid with 130k who just joined the table a few hands earlier raises to 5.1k, utg-3 who just doubled up with 33 v AKo to 35k but is playing very loose & speculatively calls. folded around to me?

i'm not putting utg-1 on a big hand as just had a feeling he was going to assert his big stack the first hand he could & also he must be wary of the flat call behind by utg-3, who i am putting on either a small pair or suited connectors.

my move?

i thought for a minute & shoved, another 28.5k on top.

good, spewy or standard in turbo?

Go with either a raise or a fold initially. I'd probably fold given the two villains you've described.

Don't hate the jam at all based on your reads but would be expect to be called super wide in this spot, particularly by UTG+3.

Comment

Really super wide , or is that just on the basis that utg just lost a pot? Still an utg limp followed by a push all in usually the sign of a big enough hand, which is normal play in these large field tournaments. Utg -3 still has 30k to play with if he folds, as opposed to calling tournament life on a hunch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

are ppl limping AA,KK these days still from UTG ?

i never liked it any how and still don't .
        you can fold 66 UTG with 25 bigs i think or open raise but i hate limping with it.

also UTG+1 can still have a big hand i have no idea how you can just say you don't put him on a big hand?

like what u think he would do in this spot with a big hand that he hasn't done ?

Comment

Preflop your strategy should be to never open limp, if it isn't good enough to raise then just fold. Open limping is pretty bad for a variety of reasons. Fixing this leak is more important that working out what to do in a scenario that should never occur.

Comment

The last 2 posts are gold.

Opening the 66 has some other additional benefits:

It allows you to set your own price to hit a set.

It keeps your range balanced.

It leaves you with the initiative.

Also, if you had not recently lost a big hand, would you have approached this hand differently?

Comment

Cheers for the replies. Just his bet sizing led me to believe he hadn't a big hand as was proving me out of a call. Yep, admit flaw in my game is the open limo. Raise or fold going forward [emoji106] would have priced utg-3 out of the call when utg-1 raised. As played, he thought for around 5 mins before declaring, ' i've a feeling I'm going to hit' ffs. Called with Kd,10d. Flop 8,2,2. Turn bloody 10 of course after he had 16% on the flop grrrr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X