No announcement yet.

2019 Multi Sport Competition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serena out of Wimbledon in the first round to a 15 year old prodigy. Half the field gone day one!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
      Serena out of Wimbledon in the first round to a 15 year old prodigy. Half the field gone day one!
      Lol, I fell for that headline when I saw it as well ('Williams shocked by 15 year old'). It was Venus, who has been in semi-retirement for about 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
        Lol, I fell for that headline when I saw it as well ('Williams shocked by 15 year old'). It was Venus, who has been in semi-retirement for about 10 years.
        wow, was convinced it was Serena for some reason!! Damn it!!!

Comment

wow, was convinced it was Serena for some reason!! Damn it!!!
          Womens Tennis does seem to be tricky this year. We've already lost Muguruza (RichieM, Strewelpeter) and Kerber (shrapnel, mdoug) in the early rounds. Just leaves Serena x 10 and Kvitova x 2. Would meet in semi-final if they keep winning.

Tour de France, starts Saturday.
          Lots of changes with an exodus from the probable non-runners Froome and Dumoulin.
          This is where I think everyone ended up, let me know if I missed your change.

Comment

Phil Ivey busted level 1 day 1c

Comment

Through to day 2 Antoine Saout 117300 Erika Weinstein 72100 Daniel Negranu 71800 not sure on the rest although Joe Cards down to 5k very early on day 1c

Comment

Joe Cada busted

Comment

Six through to day 2A/B with the following chip counts, three players bust.

Antoine Saout 117K
                  Erika Weinstein 72k
                  Dan Negreanu 71K
                  Jason Mercier 61K
                  Fedor Holz - 55K
                  Niall Farrell - 40K

Joe Cada - eliminated
                  Mike Leah - eliminated
                  Phil Ivey - eliminated

Comment

Negranu busted

Comment

Antoine Saout and Daniel Negreanu bust.
                      Erkia Weinstein (mdoug) through to Day 3 with a lowly 62K but it may already be enough to win this comp.
                      The other three survivors will play their Day 2 tonight.

Comment

Result 17/40.
                        Soccer - Women's World Cup.

1st. USA. 4 points - pokerhand, bluezar, mdoug, luckforsome, KevIRL, Flushdraw, Lao Lao, Murdrum.
                        2nd. Netherlands. 2 points - no-one.
                        3rd. Sweden. 1 point - no-one.

Completed events

Incredibly tight now with the top 12 separated by just two 4-pointers.
                        Leaderboard
                        Busy week ahead with three events finishing. Wimbledon on Saturday, Cricket World Cup on Sunday and the WSOPME poker probably finishing sometime during the week.

Comment

Poker Last Longest looks to be down to the final two for the 4,2 points at the completion of Day 2.

Erika Weinstein (mdoug) with 62K and Jason Mercier (Strewelpeter) with 17K.
                          Niall Farrell (bluezar) eliminated late on in Day 2C.

Mercier hung on grimly and is actually 4th last in chips of the 1780 remaining.
                          Though both are pretty shortstacked and unlikely to survive long into Day 3 so will be a tie I reckon.
                          Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 08-07-19, 10:19.

Comment

Very hard to get reliable chip counts even a few hours after close of play.
                            At the moment I think both survived Day 3 and the bubble, so there should eventually be a clear winner of this event.

Mercier up to 48K but that is still desperately low.
                            Weinstein's stack didn't seem to move all day, always stuck on 62K when I checked a few times last night, and that's where they have her as finishing. Maybe she got folded to every round

Comment

Very hard to get reliable chip counts even a few hours after close of play.
                              At the moment I think both survived Day 3 and the bubble, so there should eventually be a clear winner of this event.

Mercier up to 48K but that is still desperately low.
                              Weinstein's stack didn't seem to move all day, always stuck on 62K when I checked a few times last night, and that's where they have her as finishing. Maybe she got folded to every round
                              AJ I think they both got knocked out yesterday. I couldn't see them on the list for today.

Comment

Result 18/40.
                                Poker - WSOPME Last Longest.

Erika Weinstein and Jason Mercier the only players to reach Day 3 where they both busted according to this long list. No evidence I can find that either beat the bubble so its a tie. If I find out differently I'll edit accordingly.

1st. Erika Weinstein/Jason Mercier. 3 points - mdoug, Strewelpeter.

Completed events

New leader alert.
                                limpwhacker's 3 month non-stop reign at the top ends, with mdoug taking over.

Leaderboard
                                Next up is Wimbledon on Saturday. Only Serena remains, and has one point locked up for reaching the semi-final plus the chance for more for the 10 people who picked her. Interestingly neither of the top 2 picked her so it could all get tight again.

Comment

Hi AJ,

Just re-reading initial picks and realised that Premier League football last is for team bottom at 31/12/19 - that correct?
                                  I stupidly picked Huddersfield at the time thinking it was end of season last (never thought they would stay up)

Just wanted to make 100% sure before I waste my last change

Comment

Originally posted by Bluezar View Post
                                    Hi AJ,

Just re-reading initial picks and realised that Premier League football last is for team bottom at 31/12/19 - that correct?
                                    I stupidly picked Huddersfield at the time thinking it was end of season last (never thought they would stay up)

Just wanted to make 100% sure before I waste my last change
                                    Yes, definitely 31/12/19, hence some people picked Norwich and Leeds who were in the lower tier at the time.
                                    The trick (at the start of the year) is to either pick someone who you hope will just scrape survival, or someone who will be promoted but be weak.
                                    I like it as an event that can't be oddscheckered.

Comment

She's in the final m8
                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

...Serena Williams in huge trouble, a set and a break down, and looking lost...Final could be over in less than an hour, wouldn't say its moneys worth to go to...

Comment

Result 19/40.
                                          Tennis - Wimbledon.

1st. Simona Halep. 4 points. No-one.
                                          2nd. Serena Williams. 2 points. pokerhand, ArmaniJeans, bluezar, 6starpool, luckforsome, KevIRL, bohsman, premierstone, Lao Lao, Murdrum.
                                          Semi-Finals. 1 point. Elina Svitolina & Barbara Strykova. No-one.

Completed events

Leaderboard
                                          Cricket World Cup final tomorrow. England (richieM, ArmaniJeans, shrapnel, mdoug, KevIRL) looking to turn a guaranteed 2 points into 4 points. Everyone else looking for unpicked New Zealand to do a Simona Halep and limit the damage to just the 2 points.

Comment

Perfect - Error on my part.
                                            Change then please - Can I change my pick from Huddersfield to Sheffield United

Thanks

Comment

Can I change my bottom of epl pick to Norwich please.

Comment

Result 20/40.
                                                Cricket World Cup.

1st. England. 4 points richieM, ArmaniJeans, shrapnel, mdoug, KevIRL
                                                2nd. New Zealand. 2 points - no-one.

Completed events

As we are past halfway I'll include remaining events from now on so people can see what they need against the leaders.
                                                Events in Red you can use change chips on.

Remaining Events

Leaderboard
                                                AFCON finishes on Friday. All we have left is Senegal (shrapnel, ArmaniJeans, mdoug, Flushdraw, premierstone, Murdrum) who are into the final.
                                                mdoug threatening to build a good lead.

Comment

Limerick beating Kilkenny will be a nice bonus now too on the 27th.
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

British Open golf starts on Thursday, last of the 5-3-2-1-1 events so a chance to make good progress.
                                                    Here is who everyone is on

Comment

Late July/Early August change deadlines.

Cricket - Ashes Top Runscorer - Starts 01/08 - Deadline for changes 27/07 21:59
                                                      Soccer - EPL LAST Place 31/12/19 - Starts 09/08 - Deadline for changes 04/08 21:59
                                                      Field Hockey - Mens European Championship - Starts 16/08 - Deadline for changes 11/08 21:59

Comment

Result 21/40.
                                                        Soccer - AFCON.

1st. Algeria 4 points - No-one.
                                                        2nd. Senegal 2 points - shrapnel, ArmaniJeans, mdoug, Flushdraw, premierstone, Murdrum
                                                        3rd. Nigeria. 1 point - no-one.

Completed events

Remaining Events

Leaderboard
                                                        British Open Golf finishes on Sunday.
                                                        Rory McIlroy's seven pickers knew their fate early in the first round.
                                                        However, 4 x Justin Rose, 3 x Jordan Spieth, 1 x Jon Rahm and 1 x Brooks Koepka are all nicely in the top 12 with two rounds to go.

Comment

Result 22/40.
                                                          Golf - The Open.

Points are 5-3-2-1-1.
                                                          Spieth, Rose, Rahm and Koepka were all in the top 8 this morning, but the only return is a solitary one pointer for Koepka.

1st. Shane Lowry. 5 points - No-one.
                                                          2nd Tommy Fleetwood. 3 points- No-one.
                                                          3rd Tony Finau. 2 points - No-one.
                                                          4th/5th Brooks Koepke. 1 point - RichieM.
                                                          4th/5th Lee Westwood. 1 point - No-one.

Completed events

Remaining Events

Leaderboard
                                                          Tour de France finishes next Sunday. Purely looking at the odds it seems to be more open than usual at this stage. Our picks Thomas and Bernal are still in the mix for places but unpicked Thibaut Pinot is the fav.

Comment

...Mayhem in the Tour de France, pinot out and Bernal massive massive favourite to win it now...Thomas on top 3, but dont think he will try take it from his team mate...

Comment

Result 23/40.
                                                              Cycling - Tour De France.

1st. Egan Bernal. 4 points - shrapnel, bluezar, mdoug, bohsman, Strewelpeter.
                                                              2nd Geraint Thomas. 2 points - pokerhand, RichieM, ArmaniJeans, 6starpool, luckforsome, premierstone, Lao Lao.
                                                              3rd Steven Kruijswijk. 1 point - No-one.

Completed events

Remaining Events

Leaderboard
                                                              After a busy July there's a bit of a lull in results. Next to finish is the All Ireland Hurling on 18th August when Tipperary (pokerhand, premierstone, Murdrum) face Kilkenny (KevIRL) for the 4,2 points.
                                                              Over the bank holiday weekend I'll have a look at the ginger stepchild events (baseball, rugby league, aussie rules etc) that have been progressing in the background.

Comment

August change deadlines.

Soccer - EPL LAST Place 31/12/19 - Starts 09/08 - Deadline for changes 04/08 21:59
                                                                Field Hockey - Mens European Championship - Starts 16/08 - Deadline for changes 11/08 21:59
                                                                Tennis - US Open Men - Starts 26/08 - Deadline for changes 21/08 21:59

Comment

Change EPL last place to Sheffield
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Also change premier league to Sheffield United please.

Comment

Remaining Events

Rugby League
                                                                      Table after 24 of 29 regular season games, before Top 5 play-offs.
                                                                      Leeds (Strewelpeter) never recovered from a bad start and unlikely to make the playoffs. By contrast, Wigan (limpwhacker, Flushdraw) have recovered well from a mare start and could finish as high as 3rd. Warrington (shrapnel) look comfortable in 2nd whilst St Helens (everyone else) will finish as #1 seed. Can they avoid a play-off meltdown this year?

Cricket. T20 Blast.
                                                                      Tables after 6 of 14 games followed by playoffs - top four in each group qualify for quarter finals with Winner North home to 4th South etc.

Most popular pick was Surrey (RichieM, shrapnel, ArmaniJeans, KevIRL, luckforsome, Murdrum) but they have started badly with 4 defeats in 6.
                                                                      Our best picks in the South are Sussex (Flushdraw, bohsman, limpwhacker, 6starpool) in second spot and Hampshire (Strewelpeter) in 3rd. Somerset (mdoug, premierstone) are down in 7th but have played a game less at time of writing.

Only selection up North is Notts Outlaws (pokerhand, bluezar, Lao Lao) who are going nicely in 3rd place.

Aussie Rules
                                                                      Table with 19 of 22 games completed before Top 8 playoffs.

Sydney Swans (6starpool) won't be in the playoffs.
                                                                      Geelong (mdoug), Collingwood (limpwhacker, RichieM, shrapnel) and
                                                                      Richmond (everyone else) should make it. Could be a pivotal event as say a Richmond v Geelong semi-final would be a big swing for or against mdoug.

Baseball
                                                                      ~110 of 162 regular season games done.

Long format, but only group winners and two best runners-up on each side of the draw qualify for play-offs.
                                                                      LA Dodgers (pokerhand), New York Yankees (Lao Lao, luckforsome) and Houston (RichieM, shrapnel, AJ, bluezar, 6starpool, Kev, premierstone) all lead their divisions and should be playoff bound. Chicago Cubs (Strewelpeter) in a tight battle for their division. Boston (Flushdraw, bohsman, Murdrum, limpwhacker, mdoug) have done well after a slow start but need to finish even better to get a play-off spot.

Cricket - Ashes Most Runs.
                                                                      Latest standings
                                                                      Only halfway through game 1 of 5, so long way to go.
                                                                      8 x Steve Smith, 7 x Joe Root and 1 x Josh Buttler are our picks.
                                                                      Smith has got off to a flyer and leads, Root did ok and is within striking distance.

Comment

'EPL Last Place 31/12' starts on Friday. Obviously one of the final events to finish, and could be crucial with a good spread of teams.

Lots of changes made, let me know if I missed yours.

Comment

Late August/early September change deadlines.

Tennis - US Open Men - Starts 26/08 - Deadline for changes 21/08 21:59
                                                                          Volleyball - Men's European Championships - Starts 12/09 - Deadline for changes 07/09 21:59

Comment

Result 24/40.
                                                                            Hurling - All-Ireland.

1st. Tipperary. 4 points - pokerhand, premierstone, Murdrum.
                                                                            2nd. Kilkenny. 2 points - KevIRL.

Completed events

Remaining Events

Leaderboard
                                                                            Field Hockey Mens European Championship next to finish on Saturday.
                                                                            Everyone on Belgium or Netherlands so could be big if one wins and the other is unplaced. Germany or England the most likely to split the big 2 I think.
                                                                            wiki link here, and think all the games are live on youtube.

Comment

Field Hockey Mens European Championship next to finish on Saturday.
                                                                              Everyone on Belgium or Netherlands so could be big if one wins and the other is unplaced. Germany or England the most likely to split the big 2 I think.
                                                                              wiki link here, and think all the games are live on youtube.
                                                                              Netherlands beaten 4-3 by Spain in the semi-final in a monster upset.
                                                                              Belgium were in huge trouble as well when 2-0 down to Germany but three goals in the last 6 minutes won it.

Belgium (Lao Lao, SP, premierstone, AJ, shrapnel, RichieM, limpwhacker) should turn 2 points into 4 quite comfortably in Saturday nights final, having beaten Spain 5-0 in the groups already.

Comment

Result 25/40.
                                                                                Hockey - European Championships.

1st. Belgium. 4 points - Lao Lao, Strewelpeter, premierstone, ArmaniJeans, shrapnel, RichieM, limpwhacker
                                                                                2nd. Spain. 2 points - No-one.

Completed events

Remaining Events

All on one table, transposed, and sorted into leaderboard order. Might make it easier to see your differentials.

Leaderboard
                                                                                US Open Tennis starts Monday and will be next to finish in two weeks time.
                                                                                12 x Djokovic selected with the only opposition being Federer (Lao Lao, shrapnel), Nadal (mdoug) and Zverev (Murdrum). Federer and Djokovic are in the top half, Nadal and Zverev in the bottom half. wiki link for results

Comment

September change deadlines.

Volleyball - Men's European Championships - Starts 12/09 - Deadline for changes 07/09 21:59
                                                                                  Rugby - World Cup Winners - Starts 20/09 - Deadline for changes 15/09 21:59
                                                                                  Rugby - World Cup Group C Winners - Starts 21/09 - Deadline for changes 16/09 21:59

Comment

Couple of quickies as events start to move from league phase to play-offs.

Aussie Rules
                                                                                    League phase over and playoffs start next weekend.

Geelong (mdoug), Collingwood (limpwhacker, RichieM, shrapnel) and Richmond (11 picks) all qualified in the Top 4. Geelong are home to Collingwood next week whilst popular pick Richmond are away to Brisbane.
                                                                                    Winners will qualify for home semi-finals (and lock up 1 point in this game) whilst the losers will get a second chance against the teams who win the 5th to 8th place play-offs. It's complicated but sexy.

Cricket T20
                                                                                    Much simpler with the Top 4 in each group qualifying for the quarter-finals.
                                                                                    Surrey, Hampshire and Somerset all failed to make it.

That leaves Notts (pokerhand, bluezar, Lao Lao) and Sussex (Flushdraw, bohsman, limpwhacker, 6starpool) as the only ones still in the hunt for points. Their quarter-finals take place on Thursday and Friday this week.

Comment

Djokovic retiring from his round of 16 match today takes a lot of people out of the points for the US Open

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                        Djokovic retiring from his round of 16 match today takes a lot of people out of the points for the US Open
                                                                                        Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                          Zverev out as well, so only Federer (Lao Lao, shrapnel), Nadal (mdoug) left

Comment

Zverev out as well, so only Federer (Lao Lao, shrapnel), Nadal (mdoug) left
                                                                                            Federer is out

Comment

Federer is out
                                                                                              Ha, so us open tennis is basically a free-roll for mdoug to increase his lead. Stop destroying the game mdoug, tx

Comment

Can I change my rugby winners to New Zealand.

Need to start protecting second rather than trying to catch mdoug at this stage

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                  Can I change my rugby winners to New Zealand.

Need to start protecting second rather than trying to catch mdoug at this stage
                                                                                                  What? You don't even trust the no1 team in the world to win the tournament? O ye of little faith

Comment

Everyone on NZ at the moment then, though that makes it a superduper differential for anyone with the balls to change. Just sayin', not advising.

Comment

Change rugby to Ireland please. Ole ole ole

Comment

Everyone on NZ at the moment then, though that makes it a superduper differential for anyone with the balls to change. Just sayin', not advising.
                                                                                                        I'd gladly switch to South Africa if I could. That's where all my money is
                                                                                                        Last edited by shrapnel; 08-09-19, 15:00.

Comment

Result 26/40.
                                                                                                          Tennis - US Open.

1st. Rafa Nadal. 4 points - mdoug.
                                                                                                          2nd. Medvedev. 2 points - no-one.
                                                                                                          Semi. Dimitrov. 1 point - no-one.
                                                                                                          Semi. Berretini. 1 point - no-one.

Completed events

Remaining Events

All transposed on one page.

Leaderboard

Ashes cricket finishes next weekend. Steve Smith looks untouchable for 1st place, whilst Joe Root will have to score big to get into the places. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...92;type=series

Comment

Late September change deadlines.

Rugby - World Cup Winners - Starts 20/09 - Deadline for changes 15/09 21:59
                                                                                                            Rugby - World Cup Group C Winners - Starts 21/09 - Deadline for changes 16/09 21:59
                                                                                                            Athletics - World Champions 4x100 Relay Men - Starts 04/10 - Deadline for changes 29/09 21:59

Comment

Volleyball European Championship started today.

Selections. Lots of Russia but 5 teams opposing them.
                                                                                                              wiki link to follow results, not sure if on telly anywhere.

Can't see odds now but this morning it was 3/1 joint favs Russia and France (not picked by anyone), 7/2 Italy, 5/1 Poland.

Comment

Can't see odds now but this morning it was 3/1 joint favs Russia and France (not picked by anyone), 7/2 Italy, 5/1 Poland.
                                                                                                                France, slight Favs at 13/5, Russia 3/1, Italy 5/1 and Poland 4/1. pretty tight

Comment

Result 27/40.
                                                                                                                  Cricket - Ashes Run Scorer.

1st. Steve Smith. 4 points - luckforsome, Flushdraw, bohsman, Strewelpeter, Lao Lao, RichieM, mdoug, 6starpool.
                                                                                                                  2nd. Ben Stokes. 2 points - no-one.
                                                                                                                  3rd. Rory Burns. 1 point - no-one.

Completed events

Remaining Events

Leaderboard
                                                                                                                  Cricket T20 Blast semi-finals and final next weekend. Notts Outlaws (pokerhand, bluezar, Lao Lao) have 1 point locked up and the chance to turn it into 2 or 4. Everyone else eliminated.

Aussie Rules : Could be a pivotal event as say a Richmond v Geelong semi-final would be a big swing for or against mdoug.
                                                                                                                  This has come to pass, and will take place next Friday lunch-time. Have to feel it's a must-win for Richmond if mdoug is to be caught. Collingwood in the other semi-final.

Comment

I'd gladly switch to South Africa if I could. That's where all my money is
                                                                                                                    On the grounds that shrapnel is our resident rugby expert (and I need to bink a result or two)

My second change. Rugby World Cup winners - change from NZ to South Africa.

Comment

Geelong and Collingwood both out in the semis

Comment

Result 28/40.
                                                                                                                        Cricket - T20 Blast.

Not quite sure how Notts lost that semi-final, must have been 1.02 for most of their innings.

1st. Essex. 4 points - no-one.
                                                                                                                        2nd Worcester. 2 points - no-one.
                                                                                                                        Semi. Derby. 1 point - no-one.
                                                                                                                        Semi. Notts Outlaws. 1 point - pokerhand, Lao Lao, bluezar.

Completed events

Remaining Events

Leaderboard
                                                                                                                        Next to finish is the Aussie Rules in the early hours of Saturday morning. Eliminated in the semi-final were Geelong and Collingwood who will settle for a point each. Richmond (11 picks) have a chance to turn 2 points into 4 against unpicked Western Sydney.
                                                                                                                        Also ending soon is the volleyball -last 16 knockout stage today, finishing Sunday.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 22-09-19, 11:08.

Comment

Huge upset in the Volleyball quarter-finals as co-hosts Slovenia beat Russia.
                                                                                                                          They'll play Poland (Flushdraw, luckforsome) in the semi-final on Thursday.

Tomorrow nights quarter-finals see Serbia (AJ) v Ukraine, and France v Italy (RichieM, premierstone) in a tie between two of the best sides so far. It's in Nantes so Italy will be underdog I'd reckon.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X