Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had some of the team from Israel 2 weeks ago, the few sound ones that exist and witnessing people eating Kosher all week in Ireland is insane.

No issue with the beliefs, work away and all that but a week of kosher pot noodles must be awful.

Comment

I figure if I take the commonalities from all the places where people live the longest (lots of beans) and add copious amounts of alcohol and less physical activity to increase happiness, the diet book will write itself.

Working cover:

+

Need to massage that no alcohol bit.
      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 12-08-19, 15:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
        My current diet would be ruined.

SPOILER

Comment

So many bottles, clearly not drinking enough to have them all there. Read more about it in my new lifestyle book. Beans & Beer.

You know you've had bad times when you can't look at some of those bottles without shuddering.

Comment

interested in discovering where that link came from

Assess your hypermobility here:

I got a 7
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
              I got a 7

Big fat 0

I'm about as flexible as a unionised Luas driver

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                Big fat 0

Pity they dont award minus scores as I'm pretty sure I'd set records

Comment

I got a 7
                  Got a 4 . What's good , what's bad ? Am i going to die ?

Comment

Had a beyond meat burger myself on Saturday. Thought it was pretty good tbh.

Herself thought it was shite though.

Comment

Well done to BennyHiFi, our new Music King, and HJ as our runner up.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                        Anything more than four can be classed as hypermobility.
                        You're fucked willie
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

On the plus side with your bendy joints they will be able to fold you into a tiny coffin and spend the savings on the wake.

Comment

Apparently the guard watching over Epistines cell died in a car accident next week.

Comment

Anything more than four can be classed as hypermobility.
                              You're fucked willie
                              Tis only a simulation

Comment

This looks good, has anyone been? Don't recall it being mentioned in here..

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                  Big fat 0

Same. I have the flattest hand ever. My fingers don't bend backwards at all (short of being broken, which I haven;t done).

Comment

I got a 7
                                    Max points here! But new I was hyperlaxative as myself and the eldest were told years ago. I can do weird things with my toes too!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                      new I was hyperlaxative
                                      Does that mean you shit a lot?

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Looks like things might be about to heat up in Hong Kong

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Thought it good but wouldn't be as enthusiastic as he is

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              dictatorships gonna dictate....

wonder how many Hong Kongers are wishing they had an option to stick with the Brits (fucked and all as they are)?
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Funds (finally) received for sale of old gaff today...it really is a tortuous process.

Now all we have to do is plan the modernisation of new gaff...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Ya went last week. Good alright and reasonable. Limited enough menu though. The sides were very good and the sauces. I'd recommend it alright. Limited drinks too but overall worth a visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    Funds (finally) received for sale of old gaff today...it really is a tortuous process.

Now all we have to do is plan the modernisation of new gaff...
                                                    Our place was sale agreed for ages. Expected to be able to rent it back off buyer for 6 months. Got the forms signed lsst Fri and informed we have to be out next Mon no other place bought yet so trying to rent a place with a weeks notice

Southside 2 or 3 bed in case anyone has a property they want to rent out

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                      Our place was sale agreed for ages. Expected to be able to rent it back off buyer for 6 months. Got the forms signed lsst Fri and informed we have to be out next Mon no other place bought yet so trying to rent a place with a weeks notice

Jaysis, good luck with that.
                                                      Can you work from Kerry for a while?

Comment

Jaysis, good luck with that.
                                                        Can you work from Kerry for a while?
                                                        Afraid not. Little lad starting school 28th too so not great timing shall we say

Comment

needs sound

Comment

Horrible spot there Careca, AirBnB an option?

We are putting the Kildare house back up within the next month. Thankfully I'm not dealing with it this time itll be a simple go/no-go from me.

All other houses in the area have been sold and according to the auctioneer a couple of interested parties wanted something with some extra land which we have.

I was always under the impression our property was circa 4 acres total but informed by the auctioneer that it's actually short of 3, auld lad clearly a liar

Comment

needs sound
                                                              it's the 'oh shit, my shorts might have slipped off' bit at the end that makes it imo

Comment

how southside?

Comment

wonder how many Hong Kongers are wishing they had an option to stick with the Brits (fucked and all as they are)?
                                                                  More here;

The thing is, there is absolutely nothing that can/will do done about this.
                                                                  Bar economic sanctions, china would need to consider any other outside interference as an act of war. And they couldn't give a fuck about sanctions dealing with an internal issue.

Here's the global times' take on it
                                                                  The People's Armed Police have been assembling in Shenzhen, a city bordering Hong Kong, in advance of apparent large-scale exercises, videos obtained by the ...

Comment

I'd expect they could kill more than 100k, and we'd continue to buy most of our consumer crap from them.
                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

how southside?
                                                                      Ideally anywhere from stepaside down to the sea (blackrock, dlr, stillorglin, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                        I'd expect they could kill more than 100k, and we'd continue to buy most of our consumer crap from them.
                                                                        Wonder how hitch is feeling about living there now?

Comment

What do we make of the possible water spiking story from croke park on Sunday? Hard to believe it but intriguing all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                            Isn't that the one they cook on the same grill as the meat burgers? Kinda defeats the purpose, although it might add flavour.
                                                                            Depends on their reasons I suppose. If they don’t want any animal traces, they yeah.
                                                                            But I’d imagine the more common reason is not wanting to contribute to animal suffering. In which case grill sharing is irrelevant really.

Comment

What do we make of the possible water spiking story from croke park on Sunday? Hard to believe it but intriguing all the same.
                                                                              Haven’t heard that one. What’s the story?
                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Seeing some WhatsApp and text grabs of discussions about two Kerry players being given water that was laced and the players got sick/runs.

Comment

Bit of a lol at the Solskjaer representation in this cartoon:

Comment

Ugh that's shit. Been sale agreed on my apt for bout 6 weeks now but only gone sale agreed on a house to move into last week. Hoping to be able to push it all through in the next 4-6 weeks but the above worries me!

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                      Haven’t heard that one. What’s the story?
                                                                                      Denny linked to boards discussion above but below is text going around .

A good story from yesterday’s game. Mcamnee kept asking David clifford during the first half if he wanted a drink of water. He never pulled him or poked him but kept asking if he wanted a drink of water. Stephen o Neill came onto the field with two bottles. Gave one to the fella Foley was marking and gave Foley the other one. Foley puked his ring up at half time and obviously had to be hauled off. The fucking Tyrone wankers had dosed a couple of bottles and wanted to give them to the kerry lads. Fucking mad stuff.

Comment

That's a mad conspiracy theory. Cant imagine theres any truth to it

Comment

Not a hope

Comment

Ah yeah there’s absolutely no way that’s true
                                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                              Wonder how hitch is feeling about living there now?
                                                                                              He's been trolling the protesters on twitter for months now. 'We have the same extradition arraignments here in France'
                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Doubt it’s true but if there is one team you’d believe would do it it’s Tyrone
                                                                                                Would probably believe it about Dublin too but they don’t need to because they had their bank account spiked by the GAA

Comment

No one has a lower opinion of Tyrone than me and I have seen their shite first hand, some of which was borderline criminal but this seems like BS, however nothing would surprise me with Tyrone.

Comment

The US restarting trade talks demonstrates they don't give a fuck about it. Doubt the protestors will be out waving US flags tonight

Comment

Could be worse, you could be living in India

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                        Doubt it’s true but if there is one team you’d believe would do it it’s Tyrone
                                                                                                        Would probably believe it about Dublin too but they don’t need to because they had their bank account spiked by the GAA
                                                                                                        What's your home county there PSV.

Comment

What's your home county there PSV.
                                                                                                          Pretty sure PSV has lived in Dublin for many a year.

Comment

Jesus, BoJo looks fucked already.

Give it another month and he'll be May 2.0

Comment

...
                                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...
                                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Ate at my favourite restaurant again here in padua. Will do proper TR when find time but tonight, special was pasta with ox tail ragu, sounded delicious, but for some reason they sprinkled cocoa powder on top of it

Comment

Why does big tech have to be politically neutral?

Big oil isn’t.
                                                                                                                    Big Pharma isn’t.
                                                                                                                    Why should any industry be neutral? I’d imagine a shareholder would expect a company to do whatever it can to increase shareholder value and being neutral seems like to should be aligned to that. Not aligned to political ideologies.

Am I missing something?
                                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Are tech companies doing it to increase shareholder value? Oil and Pharma lobbying is about shareholder value, but I don't think that's what Google or Facebook intentions were about.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                        Are tech companies doing it to increase shareholder value? Oil and Pharma lobbying is about shareholder value, but I don't think that's what Google or Facebook intentions were about.
                                                                                                                        Maybe not, I guess my overall point is that why do companies/industries have to have to be neutral or unbiased? That’s not how the world works. I could see a world where google/Facebook see a left leaning society as being more beneficial to them? I can’t think of reasons now but that shouldn’t detract from the overall point that companies should be free to subscribe to whatever way of leaning they decide?

Or they shouldn’t and all media is neutralized. (I don’t see the people screaming about google and Facebook being unbiased calling out fox or breitbart for exampe)

Ideally yes, all forms of media would be unbiased and humans would be charged with thinking critically enough to make their own decisions.
                                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                          Maybe not, I guess my overall point is that why do companies/industries have to have to be neutral or unbiased? That’s not how the world works.
                                                                                                                          But the world doesn't work, we are killing it and the biased companies you refer to break laws, bribe and cause death to achieve their political aims.

Infinite growth from finite resources, that ball game is over!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X