X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M
    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Garda Patrol was the greatest piece of televisual genius ever.

I pity the fools who are too young to have been enthralled by it as a young fella.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
      Tech question

Like flushdraws laptop mine has become infected with that ad ware programe I want to reload windows on this but don't have the orginal serial number, is there any way I can get this from windows, where do I look thanks
      Yes and no is the answer, different variables. Basically if its a factory install of windows then copying the key from within windows won't work.

If you bought windows 8 laptop the key is hard-coded to the motherboard. No sticker, you need to run a factory recovery or install from DVD/USB and it auto activates. If you bought a disc/upgrade of windows 8 the sticker will be with the box/email or use belarc advisor to retrieve the key instead

If you bought windows 7 laptop then the sticker is on the bottom of the laptop or underneath the battery when you take it out. Use belarc if you had a retail dvd of windows 7 though.

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
      There are a load of programs out there that will detect the windows key. What is your OS?

https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/
      That program isn't great these days, flagged by lots of AV so its annoying to create exceptions. Belarc is a way better piece of software. Gets so many extra keys saved by non MS software.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
        The cunt obviously got wind of this and is needling me. He has today released a music video and ruined one of my favourite songs.

Is there some sort of extension for chrome that I can block anything and everything mentioning Russell Brand?
        What songs that m8
        Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
        With regard to married men and fertility etc:
        Sister lives in an area that is somewhere between milf central and stepford wives ground zero.
        Go for lunch with the sister and the 4 month old nephew about once a week.
        & Everytime I wheel the buggy or hold the kid I gain the type of attention from the Julies that is usually kept for the bradley pit types!

She finds this hilarious even though this is obviously this is the type of attention I should get anyhu, but alas the world dinna work like that.

With regard titties:
        I always found/thought showing interest but being the only guy not staring at the best tits in the room to be +EV

With regard to school around the bollix:
        Fuck you DP; I never even watched that shite and the song is now stuck in my head
        Where's that then m8. Need to borrow the kid.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
          Yes and no is the answer, different variables. Basically if its a factory install of windows then copying the key from within windows won't work.

If you bought windows 8 laptop the key is hard-coded to the motherboard. No sticker, you need to run a factory recovery or install from DVD/USB and it auto activates. If you bought a disc/upgrade of windows 8 the sticker will be with the box/email or use belarc advisor to retrieve the key instead

If you bought windows 7 laptop then the sticker is on the bottom of the laptop or underneath the battery when you take it out. Use belarc if you had a retail dvd of windows 7 though.

That program isn't great these days, flagged by lots of AV so its annoying to create exceptions. Belarc is a way better piece of software. Gets so many extra keys saved by non MS software.
          Belarc's products automatically create an accurate and up-to-date central repository (CMDB), consisting of detailed software, hardware, network and security configurations. Customers use our products for software license management, IT asset management, cybersecurity audits, information assurance, and more.

this babbie, just for linking purposes
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
            What songs that m8

Where's that then m8. Need to borrow the kid.
            I've already offered full childminding services for next spring/summer

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
              SPOILER
              nidge was clearly dead. Point blank plenty of blood and the shot of him lifeless zooming in on the runners.
              SPOILER
              The thing is, there should have been no doubting whatsover that Nidge was wearing a bullet proof vest because he was seen putting it on in lots of episodes and probably slept with the thing on! Pikey should have known that too seeing as he had the vest on himself when he was shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                SPOILER
                The thing is, there should have been no doubting whatsover that Nidge was wearing a bullet proof vest because he was seen putting it on in lots of episodes and probably slept with the thing on! Pikey should have known that too seeing as he had the vest on himself when he was shot.
                SPOILER
                he was wearing a light tshirt when he was shot?
                airport, lol

Comment

The Newsroom is back, looks like its the Boston Marathon this season

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                    The Newsroom is back, looks like its the Boston Marathon this season episode
                    FYP

SPOILER

presumably they are going to make a big deal over these "classified" papers for the final season
                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                      The Newsroom is back, looks like its the Boston Marathon this season
                      Trying to figure out if I watch it episode by episode or let it build up and binge watch it, also starting back last night was The Fall have you watched season 1?
                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                        SPOILER
                        he was wearing a light tshirt when he was shot?
                        SPOILER
                        Yeah, i don't think he's alive, i just mean from a plot line POV. Pickey should have shot him in the head, and Nidge should have had a vest on anytime he walks outside of the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Garda Patrol was the greatest piece of televisual genius ever.

I pity the fools who are too young to have been enthralled by it as a young fella.
                          Sending trolling postcards into that Arthur? fella that used to present Mailbag on RTE was the best craic trying to get them on air (and get the £25!)
                          Last edited by Dice75; 10-11-14, 20:40.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                            FYP

SPOILER

presumably they are going to make a big deal over these "classified" papers for the final season
                            That serves me to post mid episode.

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                            Trying to figure out if I watch it episode by episode or let it build up and binge watch it, also starting back last night was The Fall have you watched season 1?
                            You've just reminded me I dvr'd that last night, good man Thought the first season was very good, not sure where they are going to go with the second tho, haven't watched any ads at all for it. Just hope Scully gets the lads out

Comment

catching up on TWD from last week and now on to the new one

SPOILER

Comment

Spoilers didn't actually affect watching the episode. Solid imo

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 10-11-14, 21:43.
                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                    Meh! Love Hate

SPOILER
                                    In other stories even though often the main characters do awful things and are awful people like Henry Hill in Goodfellas the writing finds a way into the character. Even the scenes leading up to Nidge's death seemed to make sure the viewer could find no redeemable qualities in him leaving the viewer completely unable to relate to him on any level. As such if they had killed him in a low key way which befitted what had gone before I would have been happy but to use it as a huge season finale seemed to glorify something the viewer shouldn't really give two shits about by now.

Personally I didn't really feel anything towards the ending. Generally when you have main characters being killed in a big ending like that it stirs real emotion but I just thought Meh as it was happening. A complete cunt got shot, who cares?

Opr
                                    SPOILER
                                    Normally I'm rooting for the bad guy but every time I was funking for Nidge to get get taken out. Don't think he had any redeeming qualities at any point.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                      Emailing someone about the death of their father. Is this far too limited? Really can't think of what else to say. Is there maybe something else standard to include? (phone call wouldn't be appropriate at the moment)

SPOILER
                                      I hope yourself and your family are coping well with the very sad news. I'll catch up with you when you next get in, and wish you the very best in the meantime.
                                      Perhaps just me but tone seems off. Wouldn't wish them the very best, that sounds like he's going off for a new job in a foreign country, the word "well" seems inappropriate in the context too imo, I'd swap coping well with bearing up.

Kayroo's your man though.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Emailing someone about the death of their father. Is this far too limited? Really can't think of what else to say. Is there maybe something else standard to include? (phone call wouldn't be appropriate at the moment)

SPOILER
                                        I hope yourself and your family are coping well with the very sad news. I'll catch up with you when you next get in, and wish you the very best in the meantime.

Edit: didn't know his father, so have nothing i can say about that
                                        Maybe an LOL which stands for Lots Of Love at the end.

Comment

Comment

Thanks. That was highly useful. Jesus, yeah, the 'well' is highly inappropriate with hindsight.

Now thinking:

SPOILER
                                            I hope yourself and your family are bearing up okay with the very sad news. From some of your mentions of your father over the last few years I know how close you were. I'll catch up with you when you next get in, and hope the next few days allow the opportunity to celebrate your father's life in addition to mourning his passing.

Just never know how to phrase things like this. Not sure about the last bit of the last sentence 'celebrate'?
                                            Way better imo.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Still reads bad IMO. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss Name. Hope you and the family are coping OK at such a difficult time. If there is anything I can do to make this time easier for you let me know. Otherwise i will see you when you get in.

Comment

Comment

Thanks. That was highly useful. Jesus, yeah, the 'well' is highly inappropriate with hindsight.

Now thinking:

SPOILER
                                                  I hope yourself and your family are bearing up okay with the very sad news. From some of your mentions of your father over the last few years I know how close you were. I'll catch up with you when you next get in, and hope the next few days allow the opportunity to celebrate your father's life in addition to mourning his passing.

Just never know how to phrase things like this. Not sure about the last bit of the last sentence 'celebrate'?
                                                  Send a card imo and leave out the email altogether. Just a simple keep it simple with "my deepest condolences on the passing of your father x. If I can do anything please let me know.
                                                  With sympathy
                                                  Hitch"
                                                  That would be my opinion and it's one of the situations when people appreciate the card even if it is old fashioned

Comment

Comment

Now thinking:

SPOILER

I am very sorry to hear about your loss <name> (Offer heartfelt condolences etc). You and your family will be in my thoughts, if you need someone to talk to or anything at all, let me know.

Please don't catch up with somebody or catch them on the flip side.

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-11-14, 22:18.

Comment

Comment

If it was me personally I'd like to receive something wildly inappropriate like a joke or a pic of a scantily clad woman, not sure I'd cope well with people tip toeing around me with their niceties.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Its amazing how unintentionally inappropriate that first attempt, and even the second attempt was.

What other inappropriate things am I sending out on a daily basis?

If you don't mind I might prepost all my emails here in future for analysis and improvement.

<<< Thanks a million for all the help everyone by the way, a vastly more appropriate email has just been sent.
                                                            I wouldn't sweat it too much. The main thing is to send some response. Can't think of a single one from a person that I found annoying or strange.
                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                              If it was me personally I'd like to receive something wildly inappropriate like a joke or a pic of a scantily clad woman, not sure I'd cope well with people tip toeing around me with their niceties.
                                                              I will remember this for the future m8

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                I wouldn't sweat it too much. The main thing is to send some response. Can't think of a single one from a person that I found annoying or strange.
                                                                It's the last thing on their minds right now, but years later I would be thinking that hitch guy send some weird ass condolence email.

Comment

I just made dal for the first time, it was fucking magnificent. Your hold on me is over India.

Comment

Have to chime in on avoiding hoping people are coping well, bearing up, also coping okay. All are dreadful imo.

If a phone call seems like it would interrupt then a text might be better. I have sent an email before, but to someone whose friend died, not a relative. I keep such texts very simple.

Above all remember to replace Tar's <name> with their actual name, we don't want that happening again.

Also, am I the only one who has ever mixed up the traditions of birthday cards and mass cards, and actually sent someone a mass card with a lottery scratch card in it?

"Boohoo, he's gone, how will I ever live without him...ooh well that €4 will help!"

My grandfather was a great man for the GAA, so when he died we spread his remains on the pitch of Croke Park. Which actually got us into a bit of trouble with the groundsman, who made the not unreasonable point that you should 1) get permission first, 2) do not do it during a match, and 3) if you are going to spread the remains of someone on the pitch of Croke Park you *really* should cremate them first!

"And it's Diarmuid Connolly bearing down on goal, he's going to...oh he's tripped on a skull. Shocking bad luck for young Diarmiud there, he looked a certainty to score."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Also, am I the only one who has ever mixed up the traditions of birthday cards and mass cards, and actually sent someone a mass card with a lottery scratch card in it?

Sounds like a lovely tradition that we could start/continue m8. Easy to follow old traditions, takes real trail blazers to forge ahead with new ones.
                                                                        Especially one as daft as sending scratchies by way of condolence.

Comment

If a poker player, surely just sending 'ul' would suffice.

Comment

Speaking of funerals, the Japs know how to do it.

Coolest graveyard ever?
                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...

Comment

Complete sandman collection from cousins would be up there. Killing joke another memorable comic
                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                    Thought that was just accepted fact at this stage?
                                                                                    There was some experiment (ducks maybe?) whereby the few male ducks who were witnessed engaging in coitus by a group of female ducks got all the duck pussy there after. Sick life. Pre approved innit, time saver.
                                                                                    Rape is common in ducks. Heads held underwater, duck-gang rape, the lot. And just to make just to make it more violent. The males are equipped with explosive corkscrew penises bigger then its whole body.

The counter-sex with ducks doesn't stop there. Females developed corkscrew shaped vaginas that go in the opposite direction. When its tensed during unwanted sex, its reduces pregnancy.

Duck sex is crazy yo

Warning. Clip contains freaky duck explosive penis.
                                                                                    High speed video showing the explosive eversion of a duck penis in air. The 20 cm penis everts in a third of a second.

Comment

Comment

I hope yourself and your family are coping well
                                                                                        with the very sad news I'll catch up with you when you next get in
                                                                                        wish you the very best in the meantime.
                                                                                        I hope yourself and your family are bearing up okay with the very sad news.
                                                                                        From some of your mentions of your father over the last few years
                                                                                        I know how close you were. I'll catch up with you when you next get in,
                                                                                        and hope the next few days allow the opportunity to celebrate your father's life
                                                                                        in addition to mourning his passing.

My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why
                                                                                        I got out of bed at all
                                                                                        The morning rain clouds up my window
                                                                                        And I can't see at all
                                                                                        And even if I could it'd all be gray
                                                                                        But your picture on my wall
                                                                                        It reminds me that it's not so bad
                                                                                        It's not so bad

Still reads bad IMO. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss
                                                                                        Hope you and the family are coping OK at such a difficult time.
                                                                                        If there is anything I can do to make this time easier for you let me know.
                                                                                        Otherwise i will see you when you get in.
                                                                                        Send a card imo and leave out the email altogether. Just a simple keep it simple with "my deepest condolences on the passing of your father x.
                                                                                        If I can do anything please let me know.
                                                                                        With sympathy Hitch
                                                                                        That would be my opinion and it's one of the situations
                                                                                        when people appreciate the card even if it is old fashioned

I got out of bed at all
                                                                                        And I can't see at all
                                                                                        It's not so bad

If it was me personally I'd like to receive something wildly inappropriate
                                                                                        like a joke or a pic of a scantily clad woman,
                                                                                        not sure I'd cope well with people tip toeing around me with their niceties.
                                                                                        I will remember this for the future m8
                                                                                        Rape is common in ducks. Heads held underwater,
                                                                                        duck-gang rape, the lot. And just to make just to make it more violent.
                                                                                        The males are equipped with explosive corkscrew penises bigger then its whole body.
                                                                                        The counter-sex with ducks doesn't stop there.
                                                                                        Females developed corkscrew shaped vaginas that go in the opposite direction.

I got out of bed at all
                                                                                        And I can't see at all
                                                                                        It's not so bad

That is how all the suggestions read.

Comment

Want to take advantage of the big screen on the new tablet and give comics (is that the word if its adult?) a go.

Just gave the first The Walking Dead a read and looks great, but maybe not a topic of interest, although does have some potential.

Is there maybe a generally agreed list of: you've got to read to read this, when it comes to comics?
                                                                                          deep breath...

Preacher
                                                                                          Y the last man
                                                                                          100 Bullets
                                                                                          Ex Machina
                                                                                          Hellblazer
                                                                                          Sandman
                                                                                          The Boys
                                                                                          Transmetropolitian
                                                                                          Chronicles of Wormwood
                                                                                          Incorruptible
                                                                                          irredeemable
                                                                                          Happy
                                                                                          Supreme Power
                                                                                          Maus

all excellent and none of them really typical superhero stuff.
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                            deep breath...

Preacher
                                                                                            Y the last man
                                                                                            100 Bullets
                                                                                            Ex Machina
                                                                                            Hellblazer
                                                                                            Sandman
                                                                                            The Boys
                                                                                            Transmetropolitian
                                                                                            Chronicles of Wormwood
                                                                                            Incorruptible
                                                                                            irredeemable
                                                                                            Happy
                                                                                            Supreme Power
                                                                                            Maus

Of that list, what would be top 3?
                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                              deep breath...

Preacher
                                                                                              Y the last man
                                                                                              100 Bullets
                                                                                              Ex Machina
                                                                                              Hellblazer
                                                                                              Sandman
                                                                                              The Boys
                                                                                              Transmetropolitian
                                                                                              Chronicles of Wormwood
                                                                                              Incorruptible
                                                                                              irredeemable
                                                                                              Happy
                                                                                              Supreme Power
                                                                                              Maus

You left out The Beano and Whizzer and Chips.

Mustapha Million and his crazy antics were classic.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Ole, I didnt eatthat spud yet, saving it obv.
                                                                                                But I have a mini head of cabbage in the fridge. Any suggestions?
                                                                                                Failing to find inspiration, I think butter, cream, garlic and bacon will go well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                  I think butter, cream, garlic and bacon will go well.
                                                                                                  Adding the above to anything would make it pretty great
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                    Ole, I didnt eatthat spud yet, saving it obv.
                                                                                                    But I have a mini head of cabbage in the fridge. Any suggestions?
                                                                                                    Failing to find inspiration, I think butter, cream, garlic and bacon will go well.
                                                                                                    I heard a red cabbage recipe recently, orange cordial/water, 50/50.

Ordinary sweetheart stuff, anything that includes lots of butter is good.
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

A mere amateur compared to this guy:

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I saw a flock of swallows this morning, like the ones you would see on a nature program, making crazy shapes in the air, thousands upon thousands of them.

Don't think i have ever seen it before here.

Is it the mild weather ?
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

I saw a flock of swallows this morning, like the ones you would see on a nature program, making crazy shapes in the air, thousands upon thousands of them.

Is it the mild weather ?
                                                                                                          I awoke yesterday morning in Liverpool, worse for wear, to see a huge (and I mean fucking huge) seagull with his head in the window, grabbing a kebab. Almost shit myself.

/don't think these two events are connected in any way

Comment

Is it the mild weather ?
                                                                                                            A murmuration of Starlings.
                                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                              I awoke yesterday morning in Liverpool, worse for wear, to see a huge (and I mean fucking huge) seagull with his head in the window, grabbing a kebab. Almost shit myself.

/don't think these two events are connected in any way
                                                                                                              I was attacked by one on Grafton street about 2 weeks ago. The fucker took about a quater of a Whopper from my hand, took me a few seconds to realise what had happened.
                                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Watch the newly released remastered version (in HD) ⟹ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W88Sact1kwsWhen wolves were reintroduced to Yellowstone National Park ...

Comment

...

Comment

Fook me. The Pink Snack now has only two fingers. Never buying again. Ever.
                                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Want to take advantage of the big screen on the new tablet and give comics (is that the word if its adult?) a go.

Just gave the first The Walking Dead a read and looks great, but maybe not a topic of interest, although does have some potential.

Is there maybe a generally agreed list of: you've got to read to read this, when it comes to comics?
                                                                                                                      I've read up to about 120 and for a person who doesn't read too much thought they were excellent.
                                                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                          I've read up to about 120 and for a person who doesn't read too much thought they were excellent.
                                                                                                                          Only 10 posts to go Danny, excited yet?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X