X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
    SPOILER
    is his father not his uncle Jamie Lannister?
    You are technically correct. The best kind of correct.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
      We have a massive and I mean massive polish supermarket here in town ,quite tempted to wander into it but for some reason would feel uncomfortable as I reckon they wouldn't welcome Irish in their shop ,could be wrong though.
      Also their cherry and apple juice is to die for.
      Why? surely these days any shop be happy with any custom?
      Variety is the spice of life.
      Last edited by Guest; 09-04-13, 11:57.

Comment

right
        Last edited by Guest; 09-04-13, 13:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Elderfield has quit. Call me cynical but I think the fact that he's getting out before the next round of stress tests is highly significant.
          On this, there was a good article on Zero Hedge a few days back.

Title wss something subtle like 'Ireland: why you are fucked'

Mainly pointing up the bleedin' obvious, can't link now as on phone.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
            actually, are you using AVAST on your desktop?
            No, just MSE.

Im gona start again from scratch with factory reset i think.

In my simple terms should it work like this ?

during setup i tell the box that the files are in c:/.......downloads, everything in that folder should be viewable by the box, as long as it know the file type ?
            This too shall pass.

Comment

On this, there was a good article on Zero Hedge a few days back.

Title wss something subtle like 'Ireland: why you are fucked'

Mainly pointing up the bleedin' obvious, can't link now as on phone.
              Ireland, You May Very Well Be Bust & I Make No Apologies For What I'm About To Show You

The first comment is golden

I don't think the Irish much care for numbers. To come to them from an economist's viewpt may be the wrong approach. What say we turn this into an epic poem or a horse?

Comment

Why? surely these days any shop be happy with any custom?
                Variety is the spcie of life.
                Dunno I often snooped about in the smaller ones a few years back hoping to get a few packets of cheap cigs that they keep under the counter and they were snotty enough in there with me.but maybe they thought I was a ban Garda or something lol
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                  Dunno I often snooped about in the smaller ones a few years back hoping to get a few packets of cheap cigs that they keep under the counter and they were snotty enough in there with me.but maybe they thought I was a ban Garda or something lol
                  Your arse too small to be a woman guard.
                  Sadly soon 1/3 of guards will be women.
                  Gender balancing gone mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                    That's worth €8k now? ffs. missed out on claiming a fortune during the school days. One of our teachers was a fecker for it. Remember he was once in a particularly foul mood and asked me up to the blackboard, lifted me against it with my back to the board, and used my body like a duster to clean it. We all thought he was a legend, although does seem a bit abusive with hindsight
                    Our old second class teacher had a giant ruler about two foot long, if you ticked her off you were made put out your hand and she would lash you with it. Madness now looking back.

Math teacher in first year when you pissed him off would go to your desk and grab you by the locks and pull you to your feet. It was sore as fuck.
                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

no points for being one of the two leaders most credited with ending the cold war?
                      Not a lot of points for kicking the ball into an empty net, crediting her or Regan for that would be akin to crediting Declan Kidney for Wales's 6 Nations win.
                      Some points to both of them for not deliberately scoring an own goal with it given how rabidly focussed she was on playing to her own gallery.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                        That's worth €8k now? ffs. missed out on claiming a fortune during the school days. One of our teachers was a fecker for it. Remember he was once in a particularly foul mood and asked me up to the blackboard, lifted me against it with my back to the board, and used my body like a duster to clean it. We all thought he was a legend, although does seem a bit abusive with hindsight
                        It is if people with issues about their sexuality hate the teacher over his jeans!

Comment

Sadly soon 1/3 of guards will be women.
                          Gender balancing gone mad.
                          Some of the woman Garda in waterford are pretty hot in fairness. One of them in particular I remember seeing and thinking it would be worth getting locked up for
                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Ok, who hacked SICKPUPPY's account?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              It is if people with issues about their sexuality hate the teacher over his jeans!
                              He hit the kid in the head with a duster its an assault.
                              I went to a school which ahd about 150 boarding students and 500 day pupils

Many of the teachers were bullys who would pick on boarders physically and mentally because they had no one to go to besides the priests who ran the boarding.

Teachers can have a tough job but assaulting students should not be tolerated despite the player being a great gaa player.

Comment

Elderfield has quit. Call me cynical but I think the fact that he's getting out before the next round of stress tests is highly significant.
                                so we're back to still keeping our money out of the country so.
                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                  Some of the woman Garda in waterford are pretty hot in fairness. One of them in particular I remember seeing and thinking it would be worth getting locked up for
                                  Ah of course many of them dont look physically fit for purpose though.

When they train they dont have to pass the same tests as men
                                  or get as good times in physicla tests wheres the equality in that?

Lots of fat men in the force too wondering out of Templemore do they ever have to do any physical training again.

Comment

went to school with boarders as well,

thrown dusters, head slammed on desk and whipped with tv flex all part of the 'punishments'

My old man said you must have deserved it if i told him and dont think it did me any harm tbh but if it was done to my kids i would fecking bust them

changed times

Comment

Not condoning it but heard he threw the duster at the back wall and it rebounded and hit kid in the head. Still not right to do it, but surely €250 to charity would suffice as a fine?

Comment

Was a day pupil in a boarding school but I seemed to escape the worst of it.

Supervised study was a blast. Prefects really took the piss and I'm surprised none of them ended up dead.
                                        * Others had hands slammed in locker doors for forgetting books.
                                        * Made to kneel on pens while holding a bible in the air.
                                        * Geography teacher was a lock puller
                                        * English teacher was lethal with a dictionary, duster, ruler at any distance.

I think the worst of it was the bullying of students by other students. They gave you a nickname called a "Razz" according to a number of variables including family wealth,
                                        skin complexion, tooth alignment, weight, height, smoker, non-smoker, bladder control, Dads profession etc.

Embarrassing story when I met an old buddy in the Airport but for the life of me couldn't remember his real name only his razz. Told him I'd add him on FB but unfortunately he doesn't go by the name Pisser Ryan anymore ;-(

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                          Was a day pupil in a boarding school but I seemed to escape the worst of it.

Supervised study was a blast. Prefects really took the piss and I'm surprised none of them ended up dead.
                                          * Others had hands slammed in locker doors for forgetting books.
                                          * Made to kneel on pens while holding a bible in the air.
                                          * Geography teacher was a lock puller
                                          * English teacher was lethal with a dictionary, duster, ruler at any distance.

I think the worst of it was the bullying of students by other students. They gave you a nickname called a "Razz" according to a number of variables including family wealth,
                                          skin complexion, tooth alignment, weight, height, smoker, non-smoker, bladder control, Dads profession etc.

Embarrassing story when I met an old buddy in the Airport but for the life of me couldn't remember his real name only his razz. Told him I'd add him on FB but unfortunately he doesn't go by the name Pisser Ryan anymore ;-(
                                          Jesus Fucking Christ.

Comment

I went to a school which ahd about 150 boarding students and 500 day pupils

Many of the teachers were bullys who would pick on boarders physically and mentally because they had no one to go to besides the priests who ran the boarding.

Teachers can have a tough job but assaulting students should not be tolerated despite the player being a great gaa player.
                                            I completely agree it shouldn't happen, I was responding to the question of how it was worth 8k.

This exact thing happened probably three or four times a week in my school in my class alone and no one was even complained over it. The fact that this went to court is 100% down to Galvin's profile.

Comment

I completely agree it shouldn't happen, I was responding to the question of how it was worth 8k.

This exact thing happened probably three or four times a week in my school in my class alone and no one was even complained over it. The fact that this went to court is 100% down to Galvin's profile.
                                              Said profile have any bearing on your views on the case?

SPOILER
                                              you sure?

Comment

It may not be fair but because of his profile he is a target whether on a night out or in the classroom.

Ya just because it happened in your day probably 10 years ago or so does not make it right.

In say our parents generation physical abuse was rampant does not make it right.

Comment

unrelated...

Time for a bit of PMA and all that

REMASTERED IN HD!Official Music Video for Gratitude performed by Beastie Boys. Read the story behind ‘Check Your Head’ here: https://www.udiscovermusic.com/s...

Comment

Read this yesterday, but I think I've heard so much doom-and-gloom over the past decade (considering I always believed the Celtic-Tiger-is-a-sham commentary back in the day) that I'm almost past caring to wrap my head around it and make a considered decision on what he's saying. I see a future of FF/SF getting into power via populist campaigning and our economic woes worsening in the long-term as a result, so who cares if we need bailout #2, #3, #4, ad infinitum, you're always swimming against the tide if you favour responsible and sustainable fiscal policy and will never win - we're not living in Norway! Imagine if we were, how we'd waste the windfall, it would make the oil-rich Arabs look like misers...

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                      Folks who own a Nexus 4:

- Should I go for 8gb or 16gb? Instinct says 16gb, as I like to store a good amount of music / TV on my phone and there are lots of times when you don't have access to WiFi.
                                                      - Do you think your phone has much longevity? Will you still be using it in two years, or will you go for a new model much sooner than that?

Have an offer for a 16gb Nexus 4 from FlubIt but can't decide whether or not to pull the trigger... do I really need it, or even want it enough? It seems odd to spend more on a Nexus 4 than a Nexus 7, surely the latter (which I already own) is a far superior device, just lacking the ability to make phone calls (does anyone do that anymore?) or receive texts.
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                        Said profile have any bearing on your views on the case?

SPOILER
                                                        you sure?
                                                        I don't remember giving any views on it? As with all of his misdemeanors on the football field I've always said he deserved his punishments fully but thought it was pretty tilting to see other people getting away with equally bad stuff.

We're entitled to expect everybody to be treated equally and if this leads to a raft of cases of teachers being taken to task for similarly bad behaviour then it's great that they've raised awareness of their change in attitude with a high profile case.

If it's just a case of hanging this one guy because of his profile for something everyone else can expect to get away with no problem I feel a bit queasy. Part of me still says other people getting away with doing something wrong doesn't make a difference to the fact that this one guy got the punishment he deserved, but in reality if everyone else is left away with it someone somewhere along the line obviously doesn't really think it's wrong at all.

It may not be fair but because of his profile he is a target whether on a night out or in the classroom.

Ya just because it happened in your day probably 10 years ago or so does not make it right.

In say our parents generation physical abuse was rampant does not make it right.
                                                        No question. Would be surprised if it wasn't becoming less and less prevalent as older guys are replaced by younger alright. Eight years

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          Not a lot of points for kicking the ball into an empty net, crediting her or Regan for that would be akin to crediting Declan Kidney for Wales's 6 Nations win.
                                                          Some points to both of them for not deliberately scoring an own goal with it given how rabidly focussed she was on playing to her own gallery.
                                                          That's not how the history books would have it but I suppose you are entitled to let your emotions cloud your judgement (good job I would never do that myself)

Comment

Nexus 4, Samsung S4 or Htc One?

Somebody flip a 3 sided coin for me there please.
                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

What odds would one get on a totally new policical party getting a majority next GE ?
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                Nexus 4, Samsung S4 or Htc One?

Somebody flip a 3 sided coin for me there please.
                                                                Sony Xperia Z. Upgrading from an s3 to one of those soon.
                                                                Straight into the water to test it ;P

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                  What odds would one get on a totally new policical party getting a majority next GE ?
                                                                  unless it's an amalgamation of FF/FG, astronomical.
                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                    Sony Xperia Z. Upgrading from an s3 to one of those soon.
                                                                    Straight into the water to test it ;P
                                                                    That's worse than asking somebody how to boil spuds - Microwave them.
                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

That's not how the history books would have it but I suppose you are entitled to let your emotions cloud your judgement (good job I would never do that myself)
                                                                      The boul Gorbachev never gets enough credit.
                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

One thousand billion and fifty two to one.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                          unless it's an amalgamation of FF/FG, astronomical.
                                                                          Just something i was thinking about the last few weeks, with TD's resigning from Labour and i dont think one has resigned fro FG yet, whats keeping them there besides blind faith? ( and a pay check)

I know i would like another choice next GE time besides the same old party by a different name.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, back in reality...I managed to get the Wd player to find more files, not really sure how, changed some share settings on the laptop, still not finding all the files in the shared folder though even though they will play from USB.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Am out of my contract now and trying to decide between those phones as well. Software on my Galaxy Nexus is same as Nexus 4, so not a massive upgrade i dont think. Dont like Samsung's software,very cartoony and garish. HTC's Sense overlay looks like a problem in search of a solution. The inbuilt TV remote on the HTC is far more enticing feature than i would have thought. Might just let contract roll over for another few months as they will no doubt drop in price and let others do the field testing.
                                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                                                                              One thousand billion and fifty two to one.
                                                                              Yes, i kinda forgot about the clueless idiots that are amongst us...cos me father voted for them types...lol
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

If I had to get a new phone and was choosing from all available phones, I'd get the HTC One, no question. Very classy and powerful piece of kit. Looks far better than the GS4 imo, although it will only sell a fraction of the Samsung. I'm not though, and will wait until the N5 (or whatever it's called) is announced in 6 months or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                  That's worse than asking somebody how to boil spuds - Microwave them.
                                                                                  okok :-p

For all these phones they are far faster than anything you could throw at it on mobile, and will be for a couple more years. They're not so much different really, the nexus isn't really an upgrade to the s3 etc, more of a side-grade. I think the nexus would outlast the s3 but by the time that it matters, I will have a phone much better than either of these phones, so it doesn't really matter at all now about ram etc? There is no issue doing anything on either phone, and won't be for some time.

The removable battery, camera (it's better than my actual camera!), more screenspace with hardware buttons and sd slots are what make me choose the s3 over a nexus at the time. As for OTG vs sd card, as somebody that develops on android and uses OTG cables all day every day, they are a PITA compared to an sd card. Both great phones with different pros/cons. Nexus is cheaper, has more ram. S3 camera is amazing etc.

I think the htc one and xperia are a bit of a little step up. We trialed both of them in work for a month and the xperia won out as the better phone, gonna record some video under water for no reason in particular now. The htc had a very bad battery for some reason, they wouldnt last the day. Basically any of these phones will do you, and the advantages to each are minor.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    If I had to get a new phone and was choosing from all available phones, I'd get the HTC One, no question. Very classy and powerful piece of kit. Looks far better than the GS4 imo, although it will only sell a fraction of the Samsung. I'm not though, and will wait until the N5 (or whatever it's called) is announced in 6 months or so.
                                                                                    Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                    okok :-p

For all these phones they are far faster than anything you could throw at it on mobile, and will be for a couple more years. They're not so much different really, the nexus isn't really an upgrade to the s3 etc, more of a side-grade. I think the nexus would outlast the s3 but by the time that it matters, I will have a phone much better than either of these phones, so it doesn't really matter at all now about ram etc? There is no issue doing anything on either phone, and won't be for some time.

The removable battery, camera (it's better than my actual camera!), more screenspace with hardware buttons and sd slots are what make me choose the s3 over a nexus at the time. As for OTG vs sd card, as somebody that develops on android and uses OTG cables all day every day, they are a PITA compared to an sd card. Both great phones with different pros/cons. Nexus is cheaper, has more ram. S3 camera is amazing etc.

I think the htc one and xperia are a bit of a little step up. We trialed both of them in work for a month and the xperia won out as the better phone, gonna record some video under water for no reason in particular now. The htc had a very bad battery for some reason, they wouldnt last the day. Basically any of these phones will do you, and the advantages to each are minor.
                                                                                    Fantastic lads thank you.

Boss here in work has the nexus 4 and he says its not amazing or anything.
                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Yes, i kinda forgot about the clueless idiots that are amongst us...cos me father voted for them types...lol
                                                                                      I worked that out on a calculator

Best chances next govt will be FG/Lab+Inds.
                                                                                      Might even be a minority govt where there's a tallaght strategy-esque agreement with FF.
                                                                                      I also think it'll go til 2015 minimum. Labour will want to hold off for as long as possible to try and get some points back in the polls. (FG/FF not impossible but likely to cause splits within each party)

At the end of the day though, two years is lightyears away considering how much can happen.
                                                                                      Speculation is fun though

Comment

While we're talking phones, any thoughts on the galaxy note II? The reviews seem positive and the long battery life is very appealing.

Comment

Does anyone actually pay any attention to ZH? Or is it just doom porn for the likes of Raoul

Comment

Lads some Headphones help please.

I'm looking to but a pair for €150. The only catch being that i have to be able to buy them in a high street shop as i am using a one for all voucher.

Has anyone seen or heard of any decent offers recently?
                                                                                            Thanks for any replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                                                                                              I worked that out on a calculator

Best chances next govt will be FG/Lab+Inds.
                                                                                              Might even be a minority govt where there's a tallaght strategy-esque agreement with FF.
                                                                                              I also think it'll go til 2015 minimum. Labour will want to hold off for as long as possible to try and get some points back in the polls. (FG/FF not impossible but likely to cause splits within each party)

At the end of the day though, two years is lightyears away considering how much can happen.
                                                                                              Speculation is fun though
                                                                                              Labour will be irrelevant by the time the next election comes around. FG/FF or FG with independent support looking the most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

I'm looking to but a pair for €150. The only catch being that i have to be able to buy them in a high street shop as i am using a one for all voucher.

Thanks for any replies.
                                                                                                Suprised there isn't a thread for headphones at this stage.
                                                                                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

The Greens lads, don't forget about the Greens!
                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                    Does anyone actually pay any attention to ZH? Or is it just doom porn for the likes of Raoul
                                                                                                    It's widely read in trading rooms worldwide. Ask your colleagues.

Comment

Labour will be irrelevant by the time the next election comes around. FG/FF or FG with independent support looking the most likely.
                                                                                                      It looks that way now but the big independent vote from the polls will most likely go back to Labour when people realize there's no viable Ind in the constituency. Don't get me wrong, I think Lab will be absolutely crucified but they'll be in a stronger position than it seems they are in now.
                                                                                                      FG and independents will never happen. Polls can only say so much and while it looks moderately likely at a glance, when you actually think of how it would work as a government it would be an absolute disaster.

Comment

On a completely separate note...

Comment

It's widely read in trading rooms worldwide. Ask your colleagues.
                                                                                                          I know it is. But how often does its doom and gloom ever turn out to be relevant?

Comment

Replacement will be interesting, see if they go back to a trustworthy, reliable, 'one of us' Patrick Nearyesque appointment.

Comment

I know it is. But how often does its doom and gloom ever turn out to be relevant?
                                                                                                              All the time. The fact that the Fed is pumping up the markets doesn't make their analysis incorrect.

Comment

Thanks for any replies.
                                                                                                                You can use that voucher in Arnotts, so you can get Seinnheiser in the Electronic dept downstairs.

Comment

Some fucker is blasting Ireland's Call and Johnny Logan from the residences so loud I can hear it in my office. How the fuck am I meant to do any work!?

Comment

Thanks for any replies.
                                                                                                                    Had a check of the electrical shops on the 1forAll and its a bit grim. I'd try Arnotts maybe but not sure what kind of range they do. Will find very few that do Bose but see some of the places have some Sennheiser. Beats are > €200 and no idea what the quality is like as have never used them

Obv GFYTD

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

All the time. The fact that the Fed is pumping up the markets doesn't make their analysis incorrect.
                                                                                                                        Most of their analysis is cherry-picked charts that look as scary as possible, or market conspiracy theories.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X