This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
    Dont let your ignorance about rugby get in the way of a rant.
    Bonus points area new thing to rugby which encourage attacking play and effort.

For instance getting 4 tries in a match gets a bonus point so theres more focus in scoring tries and hence more entertainment.

Also the heineken cup groups are a league system like football you cant win everygame and sometime scraping a draw or in this case a losing bonus point againest opposition who have a massive yearly budget in rugby terms 15million in salaries are un beaten at home in 18 games is a good result
    and with leinster missing 3 of there best players and young guys stepping up
    in a hugely intimadating arena of course leinster fans have reason to be cheerful.

It would be great imo to see irish football teams competing in europe at the top level or any level of interest might give all the soccer fans of foreign teams something home grown to cheer about.

Summing it up leinster getting a point from that match was agood result and with the Frenchies back in Dublin next week beating them and denying them abonus would leave Leinster in pole position to win the group and shine some light on the darkness which has enveloped the country.
    Shut up ya muppet, obv acting hard.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
      there's stupid and then there's suicidal
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Sounds like CHD had a cracking party last night with the other 12 Chelsea fans in Ireland or something.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
          Sounds like CHD had a cracking party last night with the other 12 Chelsea fans in Ireland or something.
          They couldnt make it.

Sickpuppy is a girl.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

Went to Chapter One on Friday night. Food was fantastic (I'd agree on your 9.5/10 RD). will I do a TR or any point?
            Please do..

Comment

Do ya need a hug darling.
              i was just giving some explanation
              the man said he dint know much about rugby thought i kind a explained it well

Comment

Dont let your ignorance about rugby get in the way of a rant.
                Bonus points area new thing to rugby which encourage attacking play and effort.

For instance getting 4 tries in a match gets a bonus point so theres more focus in scoring tries and hence more entertainment.

Also the heineken cup groups are a league system like football you cant win everygame and sometime scraping a draw or in this case a losing bonus point againest opposition who have a massive yearly budget in rugby terms 15million in salaries are un beaten at home in 18 games is a good result
                and with leinster missing 3 of there best players and young guys stepping up
                in a hugely intimadating arena of course leinster fans have reason to be cheerful.

It would be great imo to see irish football teams competing in europe at the top level or any level of interest might give all the soccer fans of foreign teams something home grown to cheer about.

Summing it up leinster getting a point from that match was agood result and with the Frenchies back in Dublin next week beating them and denying them abonus would leave Leinster in pole position to win the group and shine some light on the darkness which has enveloped the country.
                Although I am highly ignorant about the rules of rugby, I am aware of the difference between a winning bonus point and a losing one (but thanks for informing me anyway) and IMO there is a huge difference between the two. How does ensuring you don't lose by more than 7 points force a team to play good attacking rugby? Its a cop out imo. Fair enough if you get say 3 tries and lose, then you might be entitled to a 'losing' bonus point but as it stands I simply don't agree with it.

FWIW, Leinster played very well yesterday and it was a brilliant game all around, I just didn't like the attitude after (it was as if they had won the HC). Maybe I'm wrong but I can't think of any other sport where it applies.

Finally, my first love is GAA. Is that homegrown enough for you?

Comment

Do ya need a hug darling.
                  i was just giving some explanation
                  the man said he dint know much about rugby thought i kind a explained it well
                  No idea what you were talkin about, just wanted a reaction, man up and tel me you'd kill me plz.

EDIT - tbf you talked sense, as ya know, and as ya do... dont mind me!

Your still a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    is that the one about Nabisco?

no, I keep getting meaning to get around to it but never do. I was a child at the time of the LBO frenzy anyway so it doesn't really have any relevance to me.

going to the Aviva on Saturday? greatly looking forward to it after yesterday.
                    Lol at least I tried!

I'm not scheduled for the aviva on Saturday but I'm thinking I'll try and snag some freebies now. Someone was slagging off o malley here last week and I didn't get a chance to defend the guy but I hope that person is eating humble pie now.

Saturdays performance reminded me of BOD in Paris....

Leinster are significant underdogs on Saturday but so what? They gave their all on Sunday and will do so again this week.
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Went to Chapter One on Friday night. Food was fantastic (I'd agree on your 9.5/10 RD). will I do a TR or any point?
                      full scale report required please

did you go pre-theatre or go mad and have the a la carte?
                      Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Please do..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9I2JfLgQrE&feature=related[/ame]
                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Seriously, its monday morning?

Comment

[QUOTE=careca;210996]Although I am highly ignorant about the rules of rugby, I am aware of the difference between a winning bonus point and a losing one (but thanks for informing me anyway) and IMO there is a huge difference between the two. How does ensuring you don't lose by more than 7 points force a team to play good attacking rugby? Its a cop out imo. Fair enough if you get say 3 tries and lose, then you might be entitled to a 'losing' bonus point but as it stands I simply don't agree with it.

FWIW, Leinster played very well yesterday and it was a brilliant game all around, I just didn't like the attitude after (it was as if they had won the HC). Maybe I'm wrong but I can't think of any other sport where it applies.

Finally, my first love is GAA. Is that homegrown enough for you?[/QUOTE

What you mean homegrown enough for me?
                          im not to bothered about your preferences
                          if a team is losing by say 14 points with 4 or 5 mins left its impossible to win in reality
                          but if they get aconverted try 7points they geta losing bonus point which is incentive to try and score instead of let the heads drop.
                          I think the bonus point is something unique
                          the rulers of rugby have many many changes over the years to the game
                          some good some bad
                          i wish the gaa would ban the handpass and put the foot back in gaelic football
                          fools thinking they ahve won anything after one match in leage are dillusional work done loads more to do

Comment

How does ensuring you don't lose by more than 7 points force a team to play good attacking rugby? Its a cop out imo. Fair enough if you get say 3 tries and lose, then you might be entitled to a 'losing' bonus point but as it stands I simply don't agree with it.
                            I think its better to look at it terms of being 16 points behind with 10 minutes left - no chance of winning but you are still just a converted try and a penalty away from getting a bonus point. So it gives you an incentive to play 'good attacking rugby' rather than just accept defeat and play the game out.

Its not perfect, but realistically no scoring system in any sport is perfect.
                            Fair dues to the rugby people for being willing to try these things out.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                              I'm not scheduled for the aviva on Saturday but I'm thinking I'll try and snag some freebies now. Someone was slagging off o malley here last week and I didn't get a chance to defend the guy but I hope that person is eating humble pie now.

Saturdays performance reminded me of BOD in Paris....

Leinster are significant underdogs on Saturday but so what? They gave their all on Sunday and will do so again this week.
                              you really think Leinster are underdogs on Sat?

Clermont are fierce bad travellers

Comment

Sometimes in soccer the away team are happy enough to loose, like in a 2 legged cup match loosing 3-2 could be considered a good result or certainly may be after being 2-0 down.
                                twitter
                                moneybookers

Comment

Although I am highly ignorant about the rules of rugby, I am aware of the difference between a winning bonus point and a losing one (but thanks for informing me anyway) and IMO there is a huge difference between the two. How does ensuring you don't lose by more than 7 points force a team to play good attacking rugby? Its a cop out imo. Fair enough if you get say 3 tries and lose, then you might be entitled to a 'losing' bonus point but as it stands I simply don't agree with it.

Finally, my first love is GAA. Is that homegrown enough for you?

It did force clermont to attack to the death rather than protect their lead. You dig?

Bonus points are what has made unequal groups and seemingly meaningless matches compelling viewing.

Even the last weekend of the qualifying stages 70% of the games will have something of immediate significance at stake.

Compare that to other sports/leagues an it stacks up pretty well.

Personally the only thing I'd change about rugby is to increase further the points for a try and get stricter with the issuing of yellow cards. Allowing a sub for a sin binned player might be something else id look at.
                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

No idea what you were talkin about, just wanted a reaction, man up and tel me you'd kill me plz.

EDIT - tbf you talked sense, as ya know, and as ya do... dont mind me!

Your still a woman.
                                    Ya sure sign of man to say ill kill ya online
                                    To be fair no disrespect but your not even a bit funny
                                    but if raving and ranting etc makes you happy knockyour self out

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                      Something stupid is happening with my TV or HDMI cable I dunno which but no sound is coming from the 360 when hooked up, laptop won't connect as a projecter either. All was fine until last week.

Scart connections still working.

I've tried two HDMI cables.

Anyone experience this before?

It's a Sony Bravia 40S5500
                                      colour of the tv omitted??

seriously though it sounds as if there is something wrong with the TV considering you have tried 2 HDMI cables - I havnt got a clue though. You could try boards as there are some pretty knowledgeable people on the subject over there.

Comment

Those ribs do look good..

Comment

Personally the only thing I'd change about rugby is to increase further the points for a try and get stricter with the issuing of yellow cards. Allowing a sub for a sin binned player might be something else id look at.
                                          the scrum needs serious work too

some\many\most games are ruined atm by the incessant cries of 'crouch, touch, pause, engage', followed by endless resets, followed by the ref giving penalties that not even the Poker Stars RNG could generate

farcical and ruins the game for 90% of spectators

Comment

Seriously, its monday morning?
                                            Yup, ty SKY.

Pub. Howay!

Fuck you all.

Comment

Yup. Look at the injury list for Leinster and the walking wounded.

Look at the niggle after the game deliberately engineered by Fran Cotton to try and fire his troops up for the aviva. Would you put serious money on a Leinster win?

Comment

I think the odds will be scratch no handicap.
                                                home advantage is huge in rugby and with a full hosue i can see Leinster nicking it.

The days of irish inferiority complex rugby wise are gone thankfully
                                                and despite them missing 23 points from kicks last year leinster players like O Brien Mc Fadden and some others have really stepped up to the mark.

Comment

the scrum needs serious work too

some\many\most games are ruined atm by the incessant cries of 'crouch, touch, pause, engage', followed by endless resets, followed by the ref giving penalties that not even the Poker Stars RNG could generate

farcical and ruins the game for 90% of spectators
                                                  Yellow cards and no uncontested scrums ever I say!

Comment

Would you put serious money on a Leinster win?
                                                    I'll put some down with you

Comment

full scale report required please

did you go pre-theatre or go mad and have the a la carte?
                                                      Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                      Please do..
                                                      I booked it about 3 months ago as a birthday present for herself (big 40 !!) so I was planning on going a la carte. When I got in there (8.30) I was informed that there was a 'Christmas' menu with four courses and wasn't given the option of a la carte.

Wife went for the scallops starter and I opted for the duck sausage. We swapped plates half way through.
                                                      The duck sausage came with a poached egg on top and had what looked like shards of really crisp bacon and a horseradish sauce. It was very very tasty. The scallops though were even better. It was presented in a see through soup bowl with some kind of veloute (foam??) and again little crispy bits of bacon. There were about 6/7 scallops in total and it was nearly a meal in itself. If I was at home I would have licked the bowl clean.

For mains I went for the rib of beef and MrsC went for the halibut. The beef was probably the nicest beef I've had (although that prob doesnt say a lot) and it was totally melt in your mouth. It came with chanterelle mushrooms and very tasty onions cut very fine and some dauphanese (sp??) potatoes. The sauce was out of this world and there wasn't a thing left on the plate when I was finished. The halibut was a serious piece of fish and came with langoustines and rather strangely a kind of arborio rice with sundried tomatoes in it. It all worked well together though and again the taste was exceptional.

If i was going a la carte I would have skipped dessert as I was fairly full at that stage but seem as it was going to be paid for anyway, I decided to partake I was glad I did as both dishes were fantastic. I had an apple creme brulee which really looked the part and had so many things going on in it. There was a wonderful biscuit base with cider jelly, caramel, creme brulee and a slice of crisp apple that shattered to the touch. All held together by a vanilla pod. Even hungry again just thinking of it. Herself had the chocalate fondant and again it was a real winner. It had vanilla and sesame ice cream and a wonderful disk of caramel with more sesame seeds on it. The disk itself was so good and I would have eaten a box of the stuff if they sold it separately.

We washed it all down a carafe of red wine (I was driving so only had a half glass) and this was super value at €22.

The bill came to €163 without a tip which was two Christmas meals at €70 each, the wine and €1 added for the Jack & Jill foundation (really good idea as nobody would notice this small amount).

I will definetly go back, but in hindsight I would prob go for the pre theatre option next time, because although the food was exceptional its hard to justify paying that much.

Oh ya, as a treat they brought us hand made chocalates with our tea/coffee just in case my trouser belt wasn't struggling enough. As you'd expect they were also top of the range and there weren't too many left at the end. Overall everything was top class from the service to the food/drink.

Comment

We swapped plates half way through.
                                                        you must have a very stable marriage, this is the kind of thing that could cause divorce in our house

Comment

you must have a very stable marriage, this is the kind of thing that could cause divorce in our house
                                                          I basically bluffed her out of it. I wanted the scallops too and said "sure can't we both get them". I knew this wouldn't be to her liking !!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                            Munster have demonstrated how to get out of Clermont alive before. You need to be strong at the setpieces and keep everything tight for 50 minutes or so. If you're still within a sniff at that point the intensity of the crowd and their belief dissipates and you can take the game to them in the last quarter.

But Munster are special. Leinster won't get a BP this weekend I'm afraid.
                                                            Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                            Sure I meant "were". They drew Clermont in years past, and had a mojo at the time that got them through spots they had no right to talent or momentum wise. That team was "special" by any definition. Leinster are without their driving force and have never demonstrated a toughness to the same Munster circa 2001 - 2008 degree. You would need that on Sunday. Any side would!!

Sure they have Baby on the bench FFS!
                                                            I'll save the stick it up yer gash for the Springtime.

And Yea Munster with POC and ROG showing their true colours looked a bit special yesterday OK
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I basically bluffed her out of it. I wanted the scallops too and said "sure can't we both get them". I knew this wouldn't be to her liking !!
                                                              wp, wp

poker is a life skill to be sure

Comment

In a similar vein to the El Tren icon I think we need a Henry17 one.

Comment

I haven't studied the tables in detail but is it possible that Munster bottling it at the end and letting Ospreys off with a bonus point could come back to bite them?
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    I haven't studied the tables in detail but is it possible that Munster bottling it at the end and letting Ospreys off with a bonus point could come back to bite them?
                                                                    just makes next week's game all the more crucial

Munster are ridic good at navigating HC pools though

disclaimer: I only saw the highlights last night, looks like the Ospreys didn't play with much ambition and Leinster looked to play very well, especially with their makeshift backline. O'Connell's red can probably be argued both ways, they never rescind in rugby so he'll get 6 weeks.
                                                                    G Hook becoming very tiresome.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      Well done Einstein.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Also @V, if you really think that Clermont will beat Leinster this w/e, then you should probably take a position in them at 12/1 for the outright competition win as they would surely end up with 5 wins (will beat Racing at home and the hapless Saracens away) and a home QF if they do beat Leinster

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD0A2plMSVA[/ame]

Comment

Something stupid is happening with my TV or HDMI cable I dunno which but no sound is coming from the 360 when hooked up, laptop won't connect as a projecter either. All was fine until last week.

Ive a Sony Bravia too and this happened me a while ago too, everything working fine apart from there was no sound through the hdmi cable. After trying a few things i just disconnected everything and powered everything off and then powered it back up and it was fine. Id say you have tried that though.

Comment

@ Andyfab

Andy was your hand v Jimmy Kenny ( Bananababy) in the ipb game in barrys the bad beat of the day . Liam from CPT was asking me and i wasn't sure .

Comment

Here's something we can surely all agree is a worthwhile cause - IPB to arms IMO:

Originally posted by Limerick Post
                                                                                    Bandits set to steal Christmas Number 1 spot Print
                                                                                    Written by Andrew Carey
                                                                                    Friday, 10 December 2010 14:08

LIMERICK's top comedy act, the Rubberbandits, are tipped to take the coveted Irish Christmas Number 1 spot with their new single, 'Horse outside' after Paddy Power slashed their odds amidst a floury of youtube views of their latest video. The dynamic comedy hip-hop act from Limerick is threatening to steal this year’s Number 1 spot as The Rubberbandits are now just 5/4 to pip the ‘X Factor’ winner to the post with their new single.

With their latest acclaim landing a regular spot on RTE's Republic Of Telly, the duo, who conceal their identity on stage and in interviews by disguising their faces with plastic bags, are becoming increasingly popular, so much so that their cult following have even set up a Facebook page to encourage people to help get the act to number one.

Followers are being urged not to buy the song until December 19 for it to count in the Christmas charts.

The Bandits had this to say; "We pure feel that popular music has abandoned the horse as a muse. Just wander around the fields of any popular song by Jay Z or the xfactor and you will see nothing but starving, wretched horses malnourished of melody. Horses live on a diet of Hay and treble clefs, it’s a fact. The horse is the purest vessel for creative expression, even more so than a paintbrush or a pen. Many great Songs have been written about horses.. Superstition by stevie wonder, Life on Mars by David Bowie and Informer by Snow. Nearly every song by Rod Stewart is written about horses, and legend has it that Phil Collins employed a man to blow thousands of Dollars worth of horses up his arse before he wrote a song. All we are trying to do is rekindle this gentle art form. Chuchig our Law”

Sharon McHugh, spokesperson for Paddy Power said: “It’s a lot easier to get a single to Number 1 in Ireland. An Irish Xmas No.1 needs only a fraction of the amount of sales a UK one does, so the Rubberbandits could just pull off the biggest steal of their lives!”

Meanwhile, the soon-to-be ‘X Factor’ winner is just 4/7 to top the UK charts this Christmas.

Irish Christmas No.1 single odds:

4/6 ‘X Factor’ 2010 winner
                                                                                    5/4 The Rubberbandits
                                                                                    6/1 Shane MacGowan and The Priests
                                                                                    8/1 The Trashmen
                                                                                    10/1 Take That
                                                                                    12/1 Westlife
                                                                                    16/1 Jedward
                                                                                    20/1 John Cage
                                                                                    25/1 Mariah Carey
                                                                                    25/1 Cheryl Cole
                                                                                    25/1 Shakira ft. Dizzee Rascal

Comment

Fuck Barca back then, waxy bastards.
                                                                                      this is just beautiful
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If Carlsberg did exam papers...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                          Here's something we can surely all agree is a worthwhile cause - IPB to arms IMO:

http://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php...er-1-spot.html
                                                                                          I was hoping for these guys to be honest
                                                                                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN2bcS9shuY[/ame]
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

what's the weather forums prediction for christmas?

Comment

Originally posted by BlindLimper View Post
                                                                                              Ive a Sony Bravia too and this happened me a while ago too, everything working fine apart from there was no sound through the hdmi cable. After trying a few things i just disconnected everything and powered everything off and then powered it back up and it was fine. Id say you have tried that though.
                                                                                              I haven't plugged it from the mains, I guess I'll give it a shot when I get home.

I don't have normal TV so not having the 360 or laptop projector sucks.
                                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

anyone been to the Xmas market in the IFSC? contemplating a stroll down there at lunchtime but my general hatred for 'craft' type products would seem to make it a poor choice.

Comment

WP IMO.

Comment

Anyone know who is on the Frontline tonite, Me da scored a couple of seats and asked if i wanted to go . Was just wondering would it be worth it .

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                                      Anyone know who is on the Frontline tonite, Me da scored a couple of seats and asked if i wanted to go . Was just wondering would it be worth it .
                                                                                                      you can be the crazy guy in the front row

there's one every episode, here's your template:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FmVopEs9yI[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                                        Pat Kenny?

SPOILER
                                                                                                        sorry

Comment

anyone been to the Xmas market in the IFSC? contemplating a stroll down there at lunchtime but my general hatred for 'craft' type products would seem to make it a poor choice.
                                                                                                          Was there on Saturday, not too many quality craft type products, still a decent vibe, worth a look. IF you are getting food, the pie's in the far left corner from the entrance (entering from the quays) are delicious.
                                                                                                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                                            Was there on Saturday, not too many quality craft type products, still a decent vibe, worth a look. IF you are getting food, the pie's in the far left corner from the entrance (entering from the quays) are delicious.
                                                                                                            'pie' you say?

I am partial to a good pie

but if I get rained on, I'm not gonna be happy rufio or shoutman (if that is your real name)

Comment

New blog post...

As far as tournaments go I played an amazing two tournaments last week, really bad volume wise and considering I just started a blog on this...
                                                                                                              http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                                                                              http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

I had that problem as well recently, tried the HDMI cable that I used for my bluray and it wouldnt work and swapped them around with the xbox cable looked at it it was working but hadnt realised that there was no sound coming from it.

Kinda weird

Was Caf at that one? Bought like a bagillion €€€ worth or pickamix.
                                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Tonight could be the best game of football this season(too early to talk about it?)
                                                                                                                  Who is the game bigger for? Arsenal imo.

Munster were distinctly average yesterday yet the Ospreys didn't have a decision maker who could make the call to go for the juggular.

Certain people are reading too much into the Leinster performance yesterday. If Morgan Parra kicks that pen with 5 mins to go they leave with nothing(also cover the h'cap).

Neither Irish side are good enough on recent viewing to win the HEC.
                                                                                                                  The winner will come from Biarittz/Leicster imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                                                    Tonight could be the best game of football this season(too early to talk about it?)
                                                                                                                    Who is the game bigger for? Arsenal imo.

Munster were distinctly average yesterday yet the Ospreys didn't have a decision maker who could make the call to go for the juggular.

Certain people are reading too much into the Leinster performance yesterday. If Morgan Parra kicks that pen with 5 mins to go they leave with nothing(also cover the h'cap).

Neither Irish side are good enough on recent viewing to win the HEC.
                                                                                                                    The winner will come from Biarittz/Leicster imo.
                                                                                                                    Ya both yoru picks ad such fine games yesterday.
                                                                                                                    Leicester smashed off the field miracle they were not beaten by more
                                                                                                                    and Biarritz losing to Italian opposition who have not even won a magners league game.
                                                                                                                    I presume its a sorry case of trolling

Comment

Oh the sweet relief to get out of a very big hole, was on micro tilt for about 5 minutes I really dont like playing cash games when there is only 5 people it sucks.

Probably wont be playing till the New Year now so gives me time to relax and not get stressed with poker from time to time.
                                                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Ya both yoru picks ad such fine games yesterday.
                                                                                                                        Leicester smashed off the field miracle they were not beaten by more
                                                                                                                        and Biarritz losing to Italian opposition who have not even won a magners league game.
                                                                                                                        I presume its a sorry case of trolling
                                                                                                                        Is the HEC is won in December? Both were beaten your dead right there.
                                                                                                                        The critical thing is Biarritz will top their pool handy and be seed numero uno for the quarter final. Who do you honestly see winning it?

EDIT: I don't get the Leicester beingsmashed off the field ref either.
                                                                                                                        If Flood kicks the pen at 16-18 they go a point ahead with 10 mins left. Fair enough Porical missed a long range effort to take away the bonus point with a couple of mins to go but it sounds you didnt watch the game at all.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Aya14; 13-12-10, 12:53.

Comment

Looks like we are still on track for snowmageddon!

The 00z GFS run is a bit of an upgrade (so far) and yet there's still room for development. The thing that I find truly staggering is the scale of this arctic outbreak, it basically reverses the normal southwesterly flow over the North Atlantic and changes it to northeast everywhere north of about 47 deg by next Friday. We have to keep in mind that we're looking at maps that very few people have seen in real time, maybe if you were working in a met office in late 1962 or early 1963, or in Feb 1947. That's how dramatic this pattern is, now as to the details, those will come into focus better when we know for sure how robust the cold surface layers will be once the inevitable push back comes. The theme keeps developing towards the theoretical energy peak on the 20th (full moon is 21 Dec 08z). This is really exciting me as a researcher and forecaster, to see how this is evolving towards a winter storm scenario, but before that happens there will be on-shore streamers forming in various coastal areas moving some distance inland, so I think the way this is evolving at present, we should be fairly confident of a widespread snow cover developing in Ireland during the four days Thursday to Sunday before a two to three day storm window of opportunity. That snow cover of course would play into the development potential by further cooling the surface air masses.

As for conditions over in Britain, that looks positively frigid with the slack gradient that follows the initial onslaught of very cold air, they are bound to get enough of a snow cover to guarantee extreme cold under those sorts of upper conditions. Could see local -16 to -24 C overnight lows in parts of Scotland and northern, even central England, inland Wales on those maps, and that should equate to potential for lows similar to the last cold spell in Ireland.

This signal is so robust and long-heralded on the models (even more so elsewhere ) that I feel like the general idea is a done deal now, it's down to the details. The key event will be the pushback of low pressure around the south in the time frame of Mon 20th to Wed 22nd. This could very well turn out to be a snowstorm. This may sound like backwards logic but a very cold winter should have snowstorms, and snowstorms should occur when the cold has stopped advancing.

Opr

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X