• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    We:
    - drive much less polluting cars
    - don't use plastic bags and generally recycle much more
    - insulate our houses a lot more
    - use much more efficient lightbulbs and TVs

These are all massive changes. Don't think we've done any of them specifically to stop Mother Nature getting a sun tan, but we have done them. Lightbulbs and TVs were huge leaks in case that's new information to anyone. Think emissions have started dropping in Europe in recent years due to this and that will accelerate a lot in coming years regardless of what happens in US.
    What have plastic bags got to do with climate change? Feel a bit less guilty about driving the 1 minute walk to my nearest shop when I couldn't be arsed now

Comment

right back at ya
      I don't see the similarities in their political tactics?

Comment

We:

These are all massive changes. Don't think we've done any of them specifically to stop Mother Nature getting a sun tan, but we have done them. Lightbulbs and TVs were huge leaks in case that's new information to anyone. Think emissions have started dropping in Europe in recent years due to this and that will accelerate a lot in coming years regardless of what happens in US.
        1. Yeah, but more people have them, and drive more often and for longer distances then ever.

2. Ok on plastic bags, but so much of recycling is bs. I'm old enough to remember when bottles were washed and reused. Glass bottles are now recycled by crushing them and using the result as a mix for making roads.

3. Yeah I'm fine with with that.

4. The lost energy from old lightbulbs and tvs was mainly turned into heat. A total waste in warm climates, or in the summer here though not always.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          The 'only kidding' stuff is a bit close. But I actually think (possibly blind hope) that it's got a different result.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
              The 'only kidding' stuff is a bit close. But I actually think (possibly blind hope) that it's got a different result.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/times-insi...aria/?referer=
              I'm not sure 'there's criminality associated with illegal immigrants' is up there with Hitler's antisemitism.

Comment

Comment

I'm not sure 'there's criminality associated with illegal immigrants' is up there with Hitler's antisemitism.
                  I think the point is more the commonality in stirring up nationalist rhetoric to get to the top.

We are hoping/guessing that Trump did so simply 'for the votes'. But that's exactly what people of the time believed true of Hitler...

Also, is that statement true? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nts-and-crime/
                  Last edited by Emmet; 15-11-16, 23:31.

Comment

Comment

He'd be kind giving the game away if he named his planned laws in the German language though? And he probably doesn't need laws designed for 1930s Germany.

You surely get the point, and are only messing with me. Acting similar to Hitler in terms of political tactics is not disproved by saying: ha, but they don't even have the same tailor. It's the general far-right tactic that Hitler perfected that is being attributed to Trump. Blaming the ills of a nation on foreign scapegoats and being elected on a promise to punish those scapegoats.
                      Pretty low bar there Hitch, I mean, Hitler did a lot of things to gain power. And I'd associate genocide, war, segregation, antisemitism with Hitler. I'd need someone to do more than just blame China for taking some jobs.

I think the point is more the commonality in stirring up nationalist rhetoric to get to the top.

We are hoping/guessing that Trump did so simply 'for the votes'. But that's exactly what people of the time believed true of Hitler...
                      Hitch and SP were saying yesterday that had no issue with controls on illegal immigration, today it's Hitler-esque.

Anyway my main thought on all of this is that for ages I said Denny was drinking the koolaid on Trump, and everyone was defending him saying the pro-Trump posts were just because of his bet and nothing more.

Should take up poker again as my soulreads are on fire
                      "Trump is not Hitler" = Pro-Trump?
                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 15-11-16, 23:59.

Comment

Not sure i''ve seen Carlsen take this long for a move ever. 21 minutes already.

Comment

Trump isn't even going to have to work that hard if he wants to turn heel.
                          Obama has gifted him the most powerful mass surveillance apparatus ever built plus ditto for killing machine (drones etc),

Comment

The troll-reversal by Strewel and Hitch over the last few weeks has been sensational.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                              Not sure i''ve seen Carlsen take this long for a move ever. 21 minutes already.
                              Streamage ?
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

The longer you are exposed to an idea the more people grow accustomed to it. They accept it.

Trump has moved very scary people into power. And is about to install a new status quo. You see the softening of the right rhetoric now.

Four years of extreme right ring policy with justification in place. People will accept it as common sense. Asking for it to change ...will be asking for favors.

Kris Kobach's laws in Arizona make it a law that every immigrant has to register and carry reg documents at all times. he Act makes it a state misdemeanor crime for an alien to be in Arizona without carrying the required documentsand obligates police to make an attempt, to determine a person's immigration status if there is reasonable suspicion that the person is an illegal alien.A person is "presumed to not be an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States" if he or she presents any of the following four forms of identification: a valid Arizona driver license; a valid Arizona nonoperating identification license; a valid tribal enrollment card or other tribal identification; or any valid federal, state, or local government-issued identification, if the issuer requires proof of legal presence in the United States as a condition of issuance.

Basically that means if you are a hispanic Mexican who is an American citizen and you forget your driver license. You WILL be put in Jail. Any person arrested cannot be released without confirmation of the person's legal immigration status by the federal government pursuant.

Bizarrely The Act also prohibits state, county, and local officials from limiting or restricting "the enforcement of federal immigration laws to less than the full extent permitted by federal law" and provides that any legal Arizona resident can sue the agencies or officials in question to compel such full enforcement.

So any resident or private citizen can encourage this activity.

It's called the show me your papers law.

Under this law, people who look “foreign” are more likely to be stopped for minor infractions – having a broken taillight, jaywalking or having an overgrown lawn – and then asked for their papers if police believe, just by looking at them, that they could be in the country unlawfully. That means that U.S. citizens and non-citizens alike will be required to carry papers on them at all times.

Comment

cows r #1 by miles tho?

this disagrees - http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/219038.pdf from https://www.epa.gov/ghgemissions/sou...-gas-emissions

cowfarts make up 1/3 of agricultural emissions (9% of total)
                                  You'll never hear most environmentalists talk about meat, it's rather hilarious. Fact is the agencies want to keep their sponsors and individuals don't really want to change. Of the ones who do, like those protesting at the Amazon, they are routinely murdered.

This was a good documentary on it produced by Mr Di Caprio

COWSPIRACY: The Sustainability Secret (http://cowspiracy.com) is a groundbreaking feature-length environmental documentary following an intrepid filmmaker as...
                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 16-11-16, 00:31.

Comment

The guy who came up with is is Kris Kobach. He is in Trumps Transition team. And tipped for a top job.

Given Trump's rhetoric. And Kobachs history people are scared.

That might be a jump too far it might be an exaggeration.

But people are getting used to a lot awful fast.

I have no idea what will happen next. But I don't like what's happening now.

I just don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                      The longer you are exposed to an idea the more people grow accustomed to it. They accept it.

Trump has moved very scary people into power. And is about to install a new status quo. You see the softening of the right rhetoric now.

Four years of extreme right ring policy with justification in place. People will accept it as common sense. Asking for it to change ...will be asking for favors.

Kris Kobach's laws in Arizona make it a law that every immigrant has to register and carry reg documents at all times. he Act makes it a state misdemeanor crime for an alien to be in Arizona without carrying the required documentsand obligates police to make an attempt, to determine a person's immigration status if there is reasonable suspicion that the person is an illegal alien.A person is "presumed to not be an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States" if he or she presents any of the following four forms of identification: a valid Arizona driver license; a valid Arizona nonoperating identification license; a valid tribal enrollment card or other tribal identification; or any valid federal, state, or local government-issued identification, if the issuer requires proof of legal presence in the United States as a condition of issuance.

Basically that means if you are a hispanic Mexican who is an American citizen and you forget your driver license. You WILL be put in Jail. Any person arrested cannot be released without confirmation of the person's legal immigration status by the federal government pursuant.

Bizarrely The Act also prohibits state, county, and local officials from limiting or restricting "the enforcement of federal immigration laws to less than the full extent permitted by federal law" and provides that any legal Arizona resident can sue the agencies or officials in question to compel such full enforcement.

So any resident or private citizen can encourage this activity.

It's called the show me your papers law.

Under this law, people who look “foreign” are more likely to be stopped for minor infractions – having a broken taillight, jaywalking or having an overgrown lawn – and then asked for their papers if police believe, just by looking at them, that they could be in the country unlawfully. That means that U.S. citizens and non-citizens alike will be required to carry papers on them at all times.
                                      You are talking about something that's true in most countries and making it sound like it's a new thing. I live in Spain and every adult is supposed to carry government issued photo ID at all times and present them to the police if requested, and if you are not a Spanish national then you are supposed to have your passport with you at all times or you can be arrested/detained/fined.

Comment

there was no video for this amazing song. even though it is just a picture this song needs to be heard
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                          You are talking about something that's true in most countries and making it sound like it's a new thing. I live in Spain and every adult is supposed to carry government issued photo ID at all times and present them to the police if requested, and if you are not a Spanish national then you are supposed to have your passport with you at all times or you can be arrested/detained/fined.
                                          It's a little Different in Arizona but inhumane detention is not ok anywhere.

First, Joe Arpaio has been a stain on the justice system in Arizona for more than two decades, violating civil rights and abusing his office. Arpaio has been one of the leading advocates of harsh detention for undocumented immigrants, locking them up in a “tent city” where the temperature climbs to over 100 degrees in the summer. He pushed a controversial law in Arizona known as SB 1070, which requires police to check drivers’ immigration status during routine traffic stops and has been criticized on racial profiling grounds.
                                          I think it's wrong to do that to people.

I have admired Soros a long time. And I really am moved by this.
                                          Last edited by Guest; 16-11-16, 01:07.

Comment

A clip which displays best what I think on Trump/Brexit and future fuck me what just happened elections and events.

Comment

It's a little Different in Arizona but inhumane detention is not ok anywhere.

I think it's wrong to do that to people.

I have admired Soros a long time. And I really am moved by this.
                                              Soros doesn't care about immigrants or anyone else but George Soros, he's an economic hitman and any money he puts into changing personnel (whether they are good or bad) and influencing political climate is undemocratic and dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                Were you watching the darts CHD?

Little bit of controversy. Gerwin Price is 4-3 up on Thornton and throws a 64 leaving 31, but Russ Bray calls is 54, so the marker writes 41 on his scoreboard.

The digital screen says 31, but Bray calls 41, and Price hits 1 then tops to send Thornton into 3rd place in the group and a 9 dart shootout.

Don't see it happen that often.
                                                Was playing league myself tonight so saw nothing. Will do some googling.

Comment

Let's also not forget that 2.2 million more people voted for Hilary than Trump before we start claiming how democratic it is to respect Trump as president. It's respecting the system to accept Trump, its not respecting democracy.
                                                  Hillary's not the first candidate to win the popular vote, but lose the election.
                                                  Andrew Jackson won the popular vote, and well as the electoral vote, and still didn't get elected.

Nixon had the largest ever majority for his 2nd term, 17m. Much lower population then too.
                                                  How did that turn out?
                                                  Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                  Where did you get that from? Last I seen was about 800k. More importantly will they ever finish counting PaddyP still holding out for pennies

[IMG][/IMG]
                                                  Any idea where the official turnout landed? My bet is still pending.

That much be quite awkward for them to have to stop and check people.
                                                  You think they'd have some sort of a system, where once they've been checked once they are free to go about their business.
                                                  They could where a tag on their clothes to show they've been checked, like a gold star or something.

Comment

We:

Insulation, lightbulbs, TVs (all appliances really) were implemented for energy reasons. If makes them cheaper and more efficient to run. I'm not sure in climate change was a factor there. Certainly would have been the way technology developed if climate change wasn't an issue.

Also, switching all the lights in a house from incandescent to LEDs (or similar) will reduce the electricity use. But it will also increase the heating energy used. People overlook that a lot.

Comment

Soros doesn't care about immigrants or anyone else but George Soros, he's an economic hitman and any money he puts into changing personnel (whether they are good or bad) and influencing political climate is undemocratic and dangerous.
                                                      This is a terrible mis characterization. He gave black south africans scholarships in south africa under apartheid isn't that wonderful ?

He helped undermine Communism in the Eastern Bloc by providing Xerox machines to copy banned texts

After the fall of the Berlin Wall, he created Central European University to promote critical thinking.

He underwrote the largest and most concerted effort in history to bring the Roma people of Europe into the mainstream.

George Soros helped establish an international system to bring transparency and accountability to the natural resource extraction industries.

Soros has donated more than $75 million to the Millennium Promise and Millennium Villages Project. The project is helping to end extreme poverty in Africa through a holistic approach, addressing issues such as education, access to health care, business development tools, food, water, and energy. He has made major donations to the International Crisis Group and UNICEF.

“My success in the financial markets has given me a greater degree of independence than most other people,” Soros once wrote. “This allows me to take a stand on controversial issues: In fact, it obliges me to do so because others cannot.”
                                                      He is ...........ANTI TRUMP!
                                                      Last edited by Guest; 16-11-16, 02:08.

Comment

Trump is a clown. But a clown being elected means only one thing. The people voting are stupid.

It is well known yanks are oblivious dumb humans. Sit back and enjoy the mess the cunt will make, that little toddler of a country deserves it. Life will go on as it does whether he is in charge, Hillary or someone clever.

Comment

Like a time capsule sent from the future, to warn us of what PSV is going to do in a couple of years

Comment

Me dog farted so bad that he changed seats twice then left the room at speed. It would be funny but it smells like he ate a month old human corpse.

Comment

Who or what is peaceandfire?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                Who or what is peaceandfire?
                                                                Female you.

Misunderstood, angry, crazy at times, quiet in real life, loud on the internet, just wants a hug and devilishly handsome.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                  Was playing league myself tonight so saw nothing. Will do some googling.
                                                                  Start at 21m45s

He actually asks '67 left' before his last dart and throws at T9 but hits T20 so he should really know coming back that he has 31 and not 41, regardless of what the ref says surely?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                    Hillary's not the first candidate to win the popular vote, but lose the election.
                                                                    Andrew Jackson won the popular vote, and well as the electoral vote, and still didn't get elected.

Nixon had the largest ever majority for his 2nd term, 17m. Much lower population then too.
                                                                    How did that turn out?

Any idea where the official turnout landed? My bet is still pending.

That much be quite awkward for them to have to stop and check people.
                                                                    You think they'd have some sort of a system, where once they've been checked once they are free to go about their business.
                                                                    They could where a tag on their clothes to show they've been checked, like a gold star or something.
                                                                    I was thinking maybe biometric passports and facial recognition, oh wait that's already here, maybe some kind of microchip implant system, oh wait!etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                      You'll never hear most environmentalists talk about meat, it's rather hilarious. Fact is the agencies want to keep their sponsors and individuals don't really want to change. Of the ones who do, like those protesting at the Amazon, they are routinely murdered.

This was a good documentary on it produced by Mr Di Caprio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV04zyfLyN4
                                                                      I've watched it before, which is why I led with the "cows worst by miles" line. But the numbers in the document linked are way way down at ~ 3% of emissions.

Where's yer man getting his figures from in the documentary, and why are they so different from the official epa figures?

Comment

@strewel, see this case just got reopened. A constant theme in Persson's books.
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Hitch and SP were saying yesterday that had no issue with controls on illegal immigration, today it's Hitler-esque.
                                                                          Ah come on now you are sounding as childishly dumb as Trump

Yesterday I talked about Trumps character and was wondering if we could think of anyone who was known to be a worse person than him when they were elected to power. I suggested that Hitler was worse than Trump.

You are just making stuff up.
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Will BoI allow me to lodge cheques in my brothers name to my account? He's signed them and they're BoI cheques.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                              3 pages is not a problem for a mature professional. It is a problem for a graduate. I think what you should do is start with a personal statement and follow that up with bullet points (Double column) stating your key capabilities and major achievements. Say for a scrum master that would be all the good agile stuff and project management stuff, understanding of methodologies etc etc etc.. That way you are stating up front the key points you need for the job and you are also helping the hiring manager as he can short list you based on this alone.

The other thing I recommend is that you give your CV to somebody for a 2nd opinion. I don't mean your ma who will tell you that she loves you and thinks you are wonderful but instead give it to some critical crank who is also a hiring manager in their role. The amount of poor CVs that get sent around is mind boggling.

There are also other messages that you can pick up from a CV. Say the job you are applying for requires structure and logical thinking. Then your CV better be well structured and have a logical flow.

Also, make sure that if you get asked at interview whether or not you queue to get on a plane that you answer with an emphatic no and scoff at those that do.
                                                                              I agree 100%

Just on the personal statement I got some good advice once. Craft it as if a senior headhunter is pitching you to a hiring manager. Just 2-3 sentences that capture your USPs and what problems you can solve for them. Obviously don't write it in the third person if you are submitting it directly but if you are submitting it via a third party then writing it in the third person can make it appear that the recruiter has written it about you which can be very effective.

If you are going to go onto 3 pages make sure it's 3 pages of pure gold. No waffle.
                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                @strewel, see this case just got reopened. A constant theme in Persson's books.
                                                                                The two I've read are Between Summer's Longing and Winter's Cold
                                                                                which is a sort of parallel universe version of the Palme murder and Another Time, Another Life which runs with the same internal state security and police themes and characters.... and Backstrom the man who can make Trump seem like a politically correct feminist

Comment

This is a terrible mis characterization. He gave black south africans scholarships in south africa under apartheid isn't that wonderful ?

He helped undermine Communism in the Eastern Bloc by providing Xerox machines to copy banned texts

After the fall of the Berlin Wall, he created Central European University to promote critical thinking.

He underwrote the largest and most concerted effort in history to bring the Roma people of Europe into the mainstream.

George Soros helped establish an international system to bring transparency and accountability to the natural resource extraction industries.

Soros has donated more than $75 million to the Millennium Promise and Millennium Villages Project. The project is helping to end extreme poverty in Africa through a holistic approach, addressing issues such as education, access to health care, business development tools, food, water, and energy. He has made major donations to the International Crisis Group and UNICEF.

He is ...........ANTI TRUMP!
                                                                                  He funds Black Lives Matter, who riot and loot and their chants are " what do we want? dead cops, when do we want them? now".
                                                                                  And what did they get in Dallas at a Black Lives Matter protest, 11 cops shot, 5 of them dead.
                                                                                  If Trump funded a group and this happened how would he be treated? But the mainstream media don't criticize Soros for that.

You say he wants transparency and accountability in the natural resources extraction industries, yeah I bet he does, because western powers have such a great history of treating 3rd world countries who happen to have natural resources so well.

He may throw a few crumbs to starving people but do you think he would be doing that if they didn't have massive natural resources. The fresh drinking water problem in Africa can be solved with a few billion dollars, check out Slingshot on Netflix, why doesn't he support that? Because there is no profit in it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    With so many jobs in recent years due to contracts, my CV is getting a bit boring and monotonous.

Is it acceptable in a CV to have a list of jobs then stuff doing across all jobs when many things have been in common over those jobs, but also specific differences? At the minute my CV is Job A, then bullets about job A, then Job B and the stuff done there (which was somewhat similar) and so on for a few jobs with little to no detail of the older less relevant ones.

I don't want it to creep into 3 pages either which it is doing now so thinking of a redesign. My old one was boring but seemingly fairly effective or else everyone else was really crap at CV's and interviews.
                                                                                    3 pages is not a problem and is better than cramping everything into 2 pages by using a stupid font size which I will then have to enlarge thus messing up the formatting or adding no detail which I will then need to add notes on when we talk.

Comment

I've watched it before, which is why I led with the "cows worst by miles" line. But the numbers in the document linked are way way down at ~ 3% of emissions.

Where's yer man getting his figures from in the documentary, and why are they so different from the official epa figures?
                                                                                      I don't know what the epa figures are but will read up on that when I have time, the two main figures used for GHGs are 51% (Goodland/Anhang analysis) and 14.5% for livestock (UN report entitled "Livestock's long shadow"). Both are mentioned in the documentary and while people argue over methodologies for various studies the main point was it was a main driver in climate change no matter which was accurate. The 51% comes from the global standard for measuring GHGs which Livestocks Long Shadow did not use, however there seems to be some good arguments against this such as including animal respiration, but that should be excluded due to it being part of the carbon cycle (Goodland/Anhang argue that this is the case if there weren't so many 100s of billion animals farms and that the carbon cycle can't handle the amount extra animals etc. And that while yes a carbon cycle may be in equilibrium eventually it will be too late for us). I don't know which is more accurate re the respiration but this lends the real figure to me to be more towards the UN report. Anything lower than that and I'd have a look at the interests behind the scenes of the report. It also matters whether you include other things like the industry around the animals as causes for GHGs or keep it separate. There are some responses by cowspiracy to the common criticisms:

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 16-11-16, 10:15.

Comment

http://mobile.nytimes.com/times-insi...aria/?referer=
                                                                                        Also, is that statement true? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nts-and-crime/

• Scapegoating
                                                                                        • Fearmongering
                                                                                        • Lying
                                                                                        • Emotional oratory and personal charisma
                                                                                        • Accusing opponents of weakness and disloyalty
                                                                                        • Promising the impossible
                                                                                        • Violence and physical intimidation
                                                                                        • Personal insults and ridicule
                                                                                        • Vulgarity and outrageous behavior
                                                                                        • Folksy posturing
                                                                                        • Gross oversimplification
                                                                                        • Attacking the news media

There's a horrible amount of crossover in their political tactics

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                          Anybody an opinion on turntable at ~300e mark. Was looking at Rega Planar 1. Paging Benny hifi
                                                                                          Bump. Buried in yesterday's shite
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

When/why did red&yellows take over from spots&stripes as normal Pool ball set-up?

(Been watching two eejits play pool in a dirty shed the last few nights on fb courtesy of a finkel link).

Comment

With netflix you miss out ona lot of the journey of a show, you jsut get every episode at once, you don't get a community going mad after every episode talking about it, I think they need to have some special thing where they release once episode a week like a tv for some shows.

This is great, a user makes a thread on reddit about westworld and the creator of the show comes on with a gif answering the question, that is sourced from a future episde. Thequestion/answer don't spoil too much really, it's him asking what happens to the paintings if one character has been painting the same thing every day for decades.

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demago..._of_demagogues
                                                                                                • Scapegoating
                                                                                                • Fearmongering
                                                                                                • Lying
                                                                                                • Emotional oratory and personal charisma
                                                                                                • Accusing opponents of weakness and disloyalty
                                                                                                • Promising the impossible
                                                                                                • Violence and physical intimidation
                                                                                                • Personal insults and ridicule
                                                                                                • Vulgarity and outrageous behavior
                                                                                                • Folksy posturing
                                                                                                • Gross oversimplification
                                                                                                • Attacking the news media

There's a horrible amount of crossover in their political tactics
                                                                                                Sounds like Obama's and Hillary's playbook.
                                                                                                Last edited by gorrrr72; 16-11-16, 10:56.

Comment

Soon to be buried in today's Trump is evil no he's not, shite
                                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Sounds like Obama's and Hillary's playbook.
                                                                                                    *audible sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                      3 pages is not a problem for a mature professional. It is a problem for a graduate. I think what you should do is start with a personal statement and follow that up with bullet points (Double column) stating your key capabilities and major achievements. Say for a scrum master that would be all the good agile stuff and project management stuff, understanding of methodologies etc etc etc.. That way you are stating up front the key points you need for the job and you are also helping the hiring manager as he can short list you based on this alone.

The other thing I recommend is that you give your CV to somebody for a 2nd opinion. I don't mean your ma who will tell you that she loves you and thinks you are wonderful but instead give it to some critical crank who is also a hiring manager in their role. The amount of poor CVs that get sent around is mind boggling.

There are also other messages that you can pick up from a CV. Say the job you are applying for requires structure and logical thinking. Then your CV better be well structured and have a logical flow.

Also, make sure that if you get asked at interview whether or not you queue to get on a plane that you answer with an emphatic no and scoff at those that do.
                                                                                                      Cut the personal statement, inspiring quotes and any soft skill bollix at the top. People reviewing CV's want to see hard skills and figures in bullet point form so if you want a lead before going into work experience than listing key skills in bullet points is the way to go.

As a rule of thumb if it not in a bullet point than it is a weak statement so delete it.

Completley agree on getting someone to review the CV and much better if it is someone who will be a hiring manager so similar since your CV should be close to sounding like bullshit to Irish ears - our fake modesty and reading between the lines does not gel with how the rest of the world presents themselves. Your wife\mum will think you are boasting which is not good.

Also for the love of god run spell check, insane how many people proof their CV's

Comment

*audible sigh*
                                                                                                        You can't criticize one and give the other side a free pass. That's what the mainstream media has been doing and that has been my argument all along.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                          When/why did red&yellows take over from spots&stripes as normal Pool ball set-up?

(Been watching two eejits play pool in a dirty shed the last few nights on fb courtesy of a finkel link).
                                                                                                          Has been red&yellow on pub tables forever in Ireland? Always thought spots and stripes was american pool.

Comment

On a budget, but wary of what a cheap deck will do to your records? These highly recommended turntables are safe: physically and sonically.

Comment

You can't criticize one and give the other side a free pass. That's what the mainstream media has been doing and that has been my argument all along.
                                                                                                              You'd do well to find a single post of mine that does that for either Obama or Hillary.
                                                                                                              Until you're able to do so, you're just getting a bit Soviet

Instead of attacking the claim he acts as a demagogue, you enter third parties into the conversation. Neither of which formed any part of the claim made.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                Has been red&yellow on pub tables forever in Ireland? Always thought spots and stripes was american pool.
                                                                                                                Fairly sure it was always spots and stripes in pubs when I started playing, I am rather ancient though.

Comment

Fairly sure it was always spots and stripes in pubs when I started playing, I am rather ancient though.
                                                                                                                  I would be talking 97-98 which was my pool heyday.

Comment

Reds and yellows were another posh D4 thing that took over like lunch which didn't exist before 1984.

Comment

You'd do well to find a single post of mine that does that for either Obama or Hillary.
                                                                                                                      Until you're able to do so, you're just getting a bit Soviet

Instead of attacking the claim he acts as a demagogue, you enter third parties into the conversation. Neither of which formed any part of the claim made.
                                                                                                                      Yes, you are of course correct, I am making a whole different argument.

So, for the record, I am not defending Trump against anything on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        Reds and yellows were another posh D4 thing that took over like lunch which didn't exist before 1984.

Was always reds and yellows as long as i can remember but i'm a posh D4 person.

Would imagine spots and stripes would be more common in bigger pool/snooker halls where people wanted to play other variants.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                          I don't think there is any good solution to how they vote. On the other hand people think the US is too big for popular vote to be the end all, it's more like the EU than a single country. If Germany and France want to vote for something, while 6 other smaller countries vote against. Germany and France combined have a bigger population than the other 6 smaller countries, the law get's passed even though the "state" majority was against. USA is a collective of very different states with own laws and regulations.

But states are pretty big and diverse too right, let they do decide based on popular vote...for instance Hilary winning here:

this is a better one, thats obama county by county 2012
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X