X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Just dipped my toe into TWD to see what all the fuss is about.

Season 1 Episode 1 done lol. Going to be a while to catch up.

Comment

Every season of the walking dead is the same as the last just in a new place with new people.

Its fucking ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
          Every season of the walking dead is the same as the last just in a new place with new people.

Its fucking ridiculous.
          I still like it but yeah, it's pretty stupid that nothing ever happens towards any sort of overarching plot.

Worst part is the places get more boring, season one was actually interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
            Just dipped my toe into TWD to see what all the fuss is about.

Season 1 Episode 1 done lol. Going to be a while to catch up.
            Watch the first,last and middle 2 episodes of each season,they are the only ones where anything happens ad what little character development there is occurs(except season 2,you can just skip it). All the rest is just no budget padding. I've just saved you 40 hours of your life

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              I did my first one during a huge Ireland match. I was bulling but needed the licence for work. Heading back to the test centre up the side of Comans pub in Rathgar & they all arrive out onto the road celebrating full time

After 5 mins of them jumping on the car two lads wouldn't get off the bonnet so i just drove off spilling them onto the road.

A fail is that apparently.
              I was late for my first test and drove an orange light ahead of the very pissed off punter I had done a dramatic U turn in front of to make the traffic light. Pulled up at the testing place and a minute or two later mr pissed off driver appears carrying a clipboard... next 30 minutes was a complete waste of time.
              Second time I was using the driving instructors car and the tester was an oul lad I vaguely knew and who was very chatty. We were coming down a sharp hill to a stop sign with a car stopped at the junction when the brakes appeared to fail. I ended up having to press down with all the force I could manage to get the car to stop and instead of moving on again, still standing on the brake I put on the handbrake and turned to the tester to tell him there was a problem with the car. His face had gone red as a beetroot and then I realised it wasn't from fear but from the pain of having his foot jammed behind the dual control brake that was installed in the car
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Has anyone used the Aer Lingus App?

Have a couple of flights booked back from the UK on Sunday so will be checking in online while there. Do you need a paper ticket through a UK airport?

Comment

No. AerLingus App is the nuts.

Anyone here use AIRBNB? I mean as a HOST?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                    Highly recommend I, Daniel Blake. Best film I have seen this year.

Opr
                    Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                    Disagree. Well, not that it's the best film you've seen this year. Just that it's a particularly good film. Hackneyed and out of date imo.
                    Have to agree with Hotspur, I'm usually all for bleakness but it was done in a very non subtle/contrived way, did nothing for me.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Need 1, maybe 2 new laptops in the cheap range that'll do what's needed so as basic as possible so if anyone knows of a good deal do let me know please and ty.
                          Have found an okay looking one for 370 but if anyone knows of anything better post soon please as will pull trigger wednesday.

Will also need powerpoint and word in the other place

Went for a nap, off to deliver now m8's. Be rich soon
                          Last edited by mdoug; 24-10-16, 18:05.
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            Remember seeing him on some TV show about 10 years ago (celeb Big Brother maybe?) and thinking 'you look almost dead'. He is now dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU
                            Can't not associate this song with meatspin. Oh the college gags of changing volume settings/homepage/bookmarks for when they were going to the library. Classic
                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

AIRBNB as a host

My brother has been a host ( in Westport ) for 18 months or so ... 3 bed property ... living on his own ( kids with his ex ). He finds the extra few bob handy. Best Guess

-- averages 2 nights/week
                                -- singles or couples ... he doesnt have a preference

The system appears to be as follows

-- he takes photos of the room/house and posts the detail
                                -- charges €30 per night
                                -- points them in the direction of the kitchen if they want a cuppa

The advantages appears to include

-- money pre-paid into his account
                                -- communications by " potential payees " are by text and email
                                -- he can view detail of previous occasions where the potential payees have stayed
                                -- he can decide who he wants to stay and for how long

Disadvantages

-- my opinion ... they can express an opinion as to how their stay compared to a 5 star hotel ( that they werent prepared to pay for ).

************************************************** ******************

Unusual side story to this ....

My son ( age 20 ) went with my brother to the Euro's, came back suitably impressed with the idea, convinced his mother twas worth a try

The first I knew about it there was an american couple staying for 3 nights ... over the next 4-5 weeks various combinations .... visitors / hse personnell ( we live near wrh )

The money is paid direct to my sons account.

Update : Novelty has worn off buy my son is currently dating a french student who stayed for 3 nights while arranging full time accomodation near WIT

Fire away with any questions and I'll try to get them answered

Comment

Originally posted by mijfer View Post
                                  Update : Novelty has worn off buy my son is currently dating a french student who stayed for 3 nights while arranging full time accomodation near WIT

Fire away with any questions and I'll try to get them answered

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                    I think he's very smug and in love with his own mind - but he does throw pearls out there.
                                    Occasional nuggets of wisdom amid great big steaming piles of nonsense. I'll pass.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                      Occasional nuggets of wisdom amid great big steaming piles of nonsense. I'll pass.
                                      You love me though m8

Comment

You love me though m8
                                        Making homemade doner kebabs tonight. You're my jesus.
                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                            Need 1, maybe 2 new laptops in the cheap range that'll do what's needed so as basic as possible so if anyone knows of a good deal do let me know please and ty.
                                            Have found an okay looking one for 370 but if anyone knows of anything better post soon please as will pull trigger wednesday.

Will also need powerpoint and word in the other place

Went for a nap, off to deliver now m8's. Be rich soon
                                            I can give you microsoft office for nothing, let me know on fb when you get the laptop and I'll give you the details.

Comment

oh - the nordies getting the best looking gaa stadium probably just in time for needing a visa to go up there.

Mate of mine is a solicitor for overturning the last planning application for Casement Park on behalf of the local residents. I don't think they will object to this plan, as far as I remember the last one was too big for the local infrastructure to support.

Comment

Touch of man flu. Say a decade for me.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post

Aren't you missing out on a hail holy queen?

To thee we cry, poor banished children of Eve
                                                  to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.

Comment

Had watched Falling Skies recently and new TWD tonight and had to check both leading male charactors (Rick Grimes and Tom Mason) were not same actor as they act the same intense look, pause. speak. pause. intense look style of acting

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post

Would chanting Hare Krisna 108 times be any good for ye? Must still have my japa mala beads somewhere

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Silly buggers here require you to go to the doctor to get jabbed for seasonal flu vaccine. But you have to go to pharmacy and get the actual vaccine and store it in your fridge until the day has arrived. You'd be nearly tempted to welcome a flu apocalpse from your oasis of vaccinated protection because of the hassle of organising the whole thing.
                                                          That's a very strange arrangement. Are the doctors highly unionised or something?
                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Silly buggers here require you to go to the doctor to get jabbed for seasonal flu vaccine. But you have to go to pharmacy and get the actual vaccine and store it in your fridge until the day has arrived. You'd be nearly tempted to welcome a flu apocalpse from your oasis of vaccinated protection because of the hassle of organising the whole thing.
                                                            They make you get the vaccine? I wouldn't do it. It is one I don't think is any good. Between my parents and Tony's parents it is just one horror story after another. I was offered it when I was pregnant with Aimee. Refused it.

Comment

They make you get the vaccine? I wouldn't do it. It is one I don't think is any good. Between my parents and Tony's parents it is just one horror story after another. I was offered it when I was pregnant with Aimee. Refused it.
                                                              Our crowd get an external heath care company to come in and administer it every year at half cost of chemists. Have never heard of any horror stories. I only wish they did it in September rather than October. Not compulsory obviously.

Comment

Bad Chadders. No.

Comment

Not cool Chad, thankfully had seen it.

Enjoyed your spoiler comment doh, genuine LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                    Bad Chadders. No.

Comment

She looks amazing naked though doesn't she?

Comment

I feel there's a good joke here about sample size, maybe involving folding AA preflop.
                                                                        But the heart just isn't in the pokers anymore

Comment

United out to 23 on exchanges for the title... be rude not to!* Back to lay obv
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

She looks amazing naked though doesn't she?
                                                                            Who's that m8? We need pic
                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Oh by the way, Steel Panther/Bowling for soup/Buckcherry gig was fantastic. Saw so many boobs at the gig as they love to flash and the actual show was class. Absolute pisstake of a band but the guitarist was actually class and entertainment value was top notch, so much casual racism though

NSFW probs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roRcksH2_HQ

Then went to Keston Cobblers Club and they were also unreal live

here is our GRAVITY-DEFYING, Sticky tape & paper EXTRAVAGANZA!!! http://www.kestoncobblersclub.comhttp://www.myspace.com/keston_cobblers_clubWINNER OF THE B...

Good bants
                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Yep, weirdly all the professions are very unionist here but almost none of the ordinary workers
                                                                                    Sounds familiar.

Where do you buy fireworks in Dublin these days? Is it still a case of going up to Henry St and listening out for the shouts of "bangers, rockets and ayooooor-bombs"?
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anywhere do passport photos on Westmorland street or close by?

Comment

...

Comment

Yep, weirdly all the professions are very unionist here but almost none of the ordinary workers
                                                                                          what??? Doubt you'll find a blue collar worker who isn't unionised. Unions have so much power in France it's preposterous!

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Only 8% of French people are in unions. Lowest in Europe afair.

Due to
                                                                                                Under French law, elected union delegates represent all employees, union members or not, in firms with over 50 staff on both works councils and separate health-and-safety councils
                                                                                                You get the benefits but not the costs.

Outrageous outliers otherwise - https://stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?DataSetCode=UN_DEN

Comment

...

Comment

I don't know. French people I work with say that unions are only really a thing for state run organisations. That people are so well protected by state law that there's no real need for unions, even if they technically exist; like we technically have a union where I work.
                                                                                                    That's exactly the point. You are effectively a union beneficiary, but not a union member. The union at your workplace is legally obliged to represent you, even if you are not a member.

Why would you join it and pay, when you can just reap the benefits and not?

Therefore the numbers of members are ridiculously low.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                        Anywhere do passport photos on Westmorland street or close by?
                                                                                                        Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                        pick any pharmacy - you shouldn't have to walk into a 2nd one.
                                                                                                        Seems I jumped the gun.

Two 50mm x 50mm photos are required. Please ensure they present the full head from top of hair to bottom of chin, and that this distance measures between 25mm and 35mm. If this is not correct your application will be rejected.
                                                                                                        NB These are not standard passport photo dimensions.

Meh I'm sure the pharmacy can facilitie this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                          What should I expect to pay for conveyancing services on the purchase of a house?
                                                                                                          About double what the job is worth IMO

If you don't have a tame solicitor you will pay in or around 3K half to the cartel for all the time and effort they put in and the other half in fees to land registry etc.
                                                                                                          Beware of the fixed fee shysters who sometimes charge a margin on the government fees and will add photocopying at silly prices per page.

Comment

...

Comment

Speaking of the cartel, the lads who encouraged this low life scumbag to appeal his sentence must be feeling pretty smug this morning.
                                                                                                              Really not sure who is worse the Legalistas or the guy who murdered the child.

Comment

...

Comment

Hmm. I'm not a beneficiary is the point. The management have all the power, and the union is 100% ignored. Remember I actually work for this company
                                                                                                                  pull the other one

Comment

@Emmet: found your bright shiny pad yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                      That's exactly the point. You are effectively a union beneficiary, but not a union member. The union at your workplace is legally obliged to represent you, even if you are not a member.

Why would you join it and pay, when you can just reap the benefits and not?

Therefore the numbers of members are ridiculously low
                                                                                                                      .
                                                                                                                      You also get to complain about the unions and how much better off we would all be without them
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                        @Emmet: found your bright shiny pad yet?
                                                                                                                        Nope. Most people we spoke to said we were looking too soon, market moves too fast to be bothered looking 5/6 weeks in advance, people usually move in a few days after viewing.

Hope they're right, as I'm out of my own house on 30th November!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                          Nope. Most people we spoke to said we were looking too soon, market moves too fast to be bothered looking 5/6 weeks in advance, people usually move in a few days after viewing.

Hope they're right, as I'm out of my own house on 30th November!
                                                                                                                          Is that why you didn't get the other place?

5 weeks wouldn't stop me looking tbh, but yeah 3/4 weeks should be enough. Problem is that in a certain price range there are 10 really shit ones for 1 good one, and half of those you only find out they're shit once you visit them. Lot of traipsing around for nothing unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X