Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pointy Ones Live

Live 40 YoYo Freeze

Hero 8.5k - Playing snug as usual. Nothing crazy. Sqeezed the limpers a bit in the blinds.

Villain 10k - Eastern Euro auld lad. Calls in the blinds almost every time. Limps pre with his whole range which is wide. Folds to the three bet most of the time. Raised once in the first two hours post flop on a paired board with two other players in the hand. Took it down and showed the bluff.

Blinds 150/300

Folded to Hero on button with AA who makes it 1100

Villain calls in BB after a little think

Flop (2350)
    Q 7 2 rainbow

Villain Checks. Hero Bets 1200. He calls.

Turn (4750)

He checks. Hero bets 2400. He calls and then checks dark.

River

Hero?
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

shove

Comment

Prob just shove. Even if you were to check and then he pushes all in, are you really ever going to fold at this stage having committed so much to the pot?

Might as well get it in, we're either miles ahead or crushed at this stage.

Comment

we close the action, so can't check and him shove.

I definitely shove here fwiw. Expect to be called by any Q (unfortunately he has some 2 pairs too)

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          we close the action, so can't check and him shove.

I definitely shove here fwiw. Expect to be called by any Q (unfortunately he has some 2 pairs too)
          Sry mis-read the last bit. Still doesn't change my action at the end. Shove gg

Comment

Shove it in.

Comment

I'm pretty steamed up here if I jam and he turns up with a random two pair, especially if I feel I have a decent edge on the table. Shoving is probably right considering he calls with Qx more than he calls when you're beat.

I really don't like your flop bet though. Much prefer a closer pot sized bet, sets up less pain in the arse decisions laters.
              http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
              http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Why so big pre?

Flop bet is fine imo. Betting pot there would be bad, we'll prob get as little value for our hand as possible if we pot the dry flops.

Shoving river if I think villain stacks off with Qx or the one pair hands we beat. Generally shoving river though.

Comment

100% shove. He calls with any queen and sometimes less as "you're on the button so must be at it". Just unlucky if he hit 2 pair. It can't ever really be a set with the call/check dark on the turn.

Comment

as played get it in, 1100 is a lot pre for me, but you obv know your man is BB and want to get as much money in the pot as possible
                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                      Live 40 YoYo Freeze
                      auld lad
                      checks dark
                      He defo has a cunning plan imo.

50/50 whether you are ahead (but he will call you < 100% of the time if you are ahead obv).

=> check back to thwart / dash plan

Comment

Originally posted by EssEll View Post
                        He defo has a cunning plan imo.

50/50 whether you are ahead (but he will call you < 100% of the time if you are ahead obv).

=> check back to thwart / dash plan
                        I don't think he does. He seems fishy and alot of bad players check medium strength hands in the dark. I can't see why he would ever check a set or two pair like this in the dark.

I think you're sizing has set up a perfect shoving stack on the river. I shove for value.

Comment

Trivial value shove. You'll be beaten vs weird two pair hands sometimes but we're ahead so often and worse will call. So shove.

Comment

I presume you were opening bigger because of the fish in the blinds.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                              I hope so, if he's know BB is s station then not betting big would be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                Why so big pre?
                                This is fine given read that villain will call almost 100% of the time from the blinds.

As played shove river AINEC. Checking back or betting small is just burning equity long term as we can so easily get three streets of value here from the station with our premium hands.
                                "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

ugh i just check. he has 1010 and the like a lot here but I don't really know enough to go broke with one pair.prob sub optimal but you'll get a shot at the rest of his chips in due course anyway.

Comment

Easy all in, checking is losing value.
                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

I check behind

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
                                        ugh i just check. he has 1010 and the like a lot here but I don't really know enough to go broke with one pair.prob sub optimal but you'll get a shot at the rest of his chips in due course anyway.
                                        I never took you for someone so nitty, must put this into action at next live game

Comment

I shove the turn and hope he doesn't hit his 2nd pr on the river .

I presume this is what happened anyway hence the reason for the thread.

Comment

I'd shove on the flop.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                                              I think you're sizing has set up a perfect shoving stack on the river. I shove for value.
                                              Any open raise would set up the river shove.

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                              Thought that alright.

Originally posted by sickhabbit View Post
                                              I hope so, if he's know BB is s station then not betting big would be bad.
                                              Is it that bad to open smaller with the stack sizes? The chips be going in one way or the other. Meh, I suppose if he doesn't call down we get a bigger pot but how much of a station is he then!

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                                              This is fine given read that villain will call almost 100% of the time from the blinds.
                                              Yes, I realise the reasoning behind it but I was asking OP, no offence ofc.

If you are going to open to 1100 for the BB=fish/station reason then you should not be calling into question what you need to do on later streets. It's mapped out what your line is going to be.

I'm unfamiliar with people checking in the dark so if that's a big part of this hand then put me on ignore for this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SSP View Post
                                                I'd shove on the flop.
                                                you must win a prize for this.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                  I never took you for someone so nitty, must put this into action at next live game
                                                  I'm not a nit!

And I didn't play the live game!!

Comment

I'm not a nit!

And I didn't play the live game!!
                                                    I know that, you were playing the SE Monthly tho. I'll say hello next time. We always seem to get in weird hands

Comment

Ah I see your mug on the JP Masters photos Ste - you usually play JPs deepstack, yeah?

Calling me a nit and you folding queens on a J high flop to that ladyboy?

Were you trying to score her or something?

Her mate told me later she had kings. Nice fold lad.

Comment

Ah I see your mug on the JP Masters photos Ste - you usually play JPs deepstack, yeah?

Calling me a nit and you folding queens on a J high flop to that ladyboy?

Were you trying to score her or something?

Her mate told me later she had kings. Nice fold lad.
                                                        Yeah that be me, she told me she had the Kings alright when the table broke. I wasnt good enough to fold on the flop Had a few run ins with you all right in those deepstack games

Comment

Yeah that be me, she told me she had the Kings alright when the table broke. I wasnt good enough to fold on the flop Had a few run ins with you all right in those deepstack games
                                                          if only nick abourisk knew that

Comment

I wasnt good enough to fold on the flop
                                                            for the record I was prob going broke with the J9 if you hadn't called the flop . "nit"!

Comment

Thanks all.

I auto-pilot checked back and he turned over 33. I guess this was from playing mostly one or two table STT's online where there is never much value to be got here with a pair after the line he took. Should have been more focused on the fact that I was up against a live fish.

The hand left a bad taste in my mouth though as I knew I had missed out on a load of value.

Pre was fine. I knew he would call most of the time with ATC and wanted to get as much as I could in from the start.

Flop was poor because as a fish if he was calling 1200 he would be calling up to a pot size bet also.

Tune would have been a nice shove if I bet more on the flop.

I should have bet for value here on the river. What stopped me was I was almost certain he did not have Qx as he would have surely played it differently. That said he might have call be down with A7 or even the crabs!!!!

Went on to win on the night anyway so not the end of the world.
                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I shove the river a lot here against your opponent given the reads and lines you already have on him. Although as you say I dont like to go bust with one pair hands when I have a edge over the table as well so there is a argument for checking behind, although I do find the shove here most times. He cant call your river shove I doubt so no value lost on this occasion but in the long run I find the check against that type of opponent in these spots is a -EV play. Well done on the win anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                                                X