Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand from turbo against big stack

No reads just moved to table - 1st hand

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.1 Tournament, 20000/40000 Blinds 4000 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 (t52689)
    MP3 (t116840)
    Hero (CO) (t943379)
    Button (t359082)
    SB (t103091)
    BB (t182931)
    UTG (t382908)
    UTG+1 (t1121588)
    MP1 (t165476)

Hero's M: 9.83

Preflop: Hero is CO with ahkc ,
    1 fold, UTG+1 bets t90899, 3 folds,
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

3bet or shove.

What exactly are you asking?

Comment

Just shove. Almost 200k in the middle that we'd like to take down without showdown and we've decent equity against all but the 2 nut hands

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
        3bet or shove.

What exactly are you asking?
        I'd say he's wondering about the flat in position option?

I probably make it 250k & call any reshove in a Turbo.

Comment

Sorry was asking options pre, flat, bet size or shove.
          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

you've got 22bb and ak... just get it in....
            if he wakes up with aa or kk it's a cooler gg ul

Comment

I bet 260k and sb jams and big stack calls.

Flop a,10,5 rainbow.

Big stack checks.

Jam in all day long I presume

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Flop a,10,5 rainbow.

Big stack checks.

Check to get a few on the turn imo

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Flop a,10,5 rainbow.

Big stack checks.

I'd check back now

Comment

Check back flop to extract on turn, if he then bets turn do you jam?

Of course I jammed on flop and he had 55.

If I had jammed pre he would not have called.

Annoyed as I was running hot and top 30 in chips and was bossing the previous table and bottled it a little by not pushing pre.
                    Last edited by elbows; 07-07-11, 22:39.

Comment

in a turbo game i would just jam it in pre and unlucky if you run into AA/KK...

Comment

Just shove pre too many variants that dont really go in our favour the times he flats;
                        • Sees a flop and gets away from worse that he might spew with pre (AQ, AJ)
                        • Sees a flop A/K high and gets away from pairs that snap pre
                        • See a flop and get shoved on when we whiff,, we want to see 5 cards
                        • Beats us with a hand he would have folded to a shove with

+ like flushdraw said theres almost 200k in there that we should be happy enough with

Comment

3bet/c > shove, since villain will shove some worse hands he might otherwise fold.
                          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                            3bet/c > shove, since villain will shove some worse hands he might otherwise fold.
                            I have to agree with this, just unlucky he spikes his set.

Flat calling & set mining with 1/4 his stack oop in a turbo at this stage has to be very -ev in the long run & I think is a terrible play by villain.

His only plan (if he had one) is to jam any non-ace flop or check if he hits his set.

Even then his cards are going to be seen with the SB all in.
                            Last edited by Dice75; 08-07-11, 11:42.

Comment

I hadn't looked at the results, wow. If this guy will flat a 3bet oop to setmine for 1/4 stack it's yet another reason why 3bet/call is by far the best line, since he will c/f almost every flop. Easy moniezzzz lol
                              "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                                I hadn't looked at the results, wow. If this guy will flat a 3bet oop to setmine for 1/4 stack it's yet another reason why 3bet/call is by far the best line, since he will c/f almost every flop. Easy moniezzzz lol
                                agree with this, with reads/solid notes, but as its 1st hand at the table I still like shoving

Comment

Working...
                                X