Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30k gtd on Party

Party Poker 30k gtd $100 re/buy

160 runners and down to last 52 with 20 cashing. Im 28/52 before the hand but the chip stacks are very bunched. 9k FTW

Blinds 250-500/50

Hero (circa 19k)
    Villain (27k)

I'm in mid position and I open with Jc10x to 1100
    Villain is to my immediate left and flats.
    Everyone else folds.

Flop(3400)

5c 10c 7x

I lead for 2100

Villain shoves the lot in?!?

I hit the time bank and search him and he is a decent loser. -27%roi over 1500 games.

As for me, I have been fairly active at this stage for about an orbit with very little resistance from the table.
    Sorry for format but I didnt save the HH.

Fold and don't bet so big on the flop.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
      Fold and don't bet so big on the flop.
      Do you fold still if he makes a normal size raise?
      Just seems so exploitable to be folding top pair to this action?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
        Do you fold still if he makes a normal size raise?
        Just seems so exploitable to be folding top pair to this action?
        Yeh, most likely. I'd prefer to maintain my stack than get involved in these very marginal spots - if you call the flop you're putting in like 25% of your stack and you're gonna have to c/f the turn almost almost. In fact, yes, I def just fold to the raise.

Comment

You won't be exploitable if he keeps taking that line. Him shoving over your cbet is bad. That one hand and his results albeit over a small sample sound like he is just waiting to give away his chips eventually.

Comment

Its hard to justify a call given the price but I can see why you want to.

to me it looks like a flushdraw or some combo draw instead of a made hand. any stats or notes for this session? Pretty tough spot but I think I fold given your stack and edge v's the field in lower variance spots

Comment

I'd call tbh, especially after betting flop aswel.. I bet he turns up with 88 99 or even 89 soooted more than not here. It's in his range given he is a bad enough looser! It's enough to justify a call imo.
              Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
              My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Easy fold.
                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Would call vs this guy, on Party, it looks pretty close vs a reasonable range and I'd def reduce the probability of him having sets with that sizing, and give this guy some extra spew

Comment

Think its real close, Im leaning towards a call though. cant shy away from al these spots, its a 100r, prob not that soft even though its on party. I defo wouldn't just give up if he raised.

Comment

I think you need about 40% equity to call which is quite a lot but it doesn't make a lot of sense for him to shove any value hands like this, I'd say it will be draws a lot. I don't see myself folding here tbh and it's not a straight forward fold anyway.

@blah, if you think hes shoving hands like 88 and 99, then do you think hes shoving JT- AT as well, maybe JJ too?

Comment

I was along the same thinking as smoothcall, blaah, hicloy and some of the others.

I called and he had QQ. I expected to see alot of draws and random bluffs.

Didnt improve and was unsure if I did the right thing.

Comment

Ye I would expect him to shove those hands too digi, tbh I was thinking 88-99-89 or flush draw v AA-jj-A10. I do notice a trend with some of those guys they slowplay very weird, flat pre trapping then jam flops not allowing ppl to bluff off at them, scarred post flop players in other words. So don't mind your call really Rory, I think especially after seeing he's a constant looser he obv making the same mistakes over and over and that situation does look like a spot for rookie mistakes.
                          Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                          My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Working...
                          X