Live 150 Bluff Card Club game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live 150 Bluff Card Club game

Wanted to get some feedback on this hand to see if what i was at was retarded or not

3rd level of the game blinds 75/150 (starting stack 10k), have 5 mins previously gone from 15k to 5.6k when getting Aces cracked by Kings, dont think am viewed as tilty tho.

i'm in sb playing 5.6k, all players cover apart from bb with largest stack c. 11-12k, action as follows;

UTG +2 opens to 550 (not played many hands but seems standard abc)
    MP (Miles... played a few hands, loose enough) calls
    Doke calls on the button
    I call from sb with KQ (hand not really relevant i think)
    Derek (Clamper) shoves all in for 1400, been playing many hands very loose, will have any 2 cards here

so UTG +2 dwells a bit then flats as does Miles and Doke.... so pot is c. 6150 and i'd be calling with off 25% of my stack here to see a flop.

Have a think about it and noone has shown any particular strength in the hand (including me). is there any merit in re-squeezing here, my thinking being that UTG+2 and Miles will need a very strong hand here to call for c. 60% of their stack with a player to act after them and should fold a lot of hands apart from premium which i cant see them having. Was worried that Doke could make the call if its folded to him as it may look like i'm squeezing. So should i just be folding/calling here in this spot or is the repop out of the question as i can't be repping a very strong hand?

This is too long, apologies.....

shoving the first time round is better than flatting imo,

jus fold now your going to get called AQ and bust
    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

so
      you have one guy who went allin for 9 bbs and then 3 people who have called a raise and a reraise and you are wondering if you push here would you get them to fold

sounds like a wad of calling stations to me, and you would undoubtley be behind when it ends up in a minimum of a 3 way allin fest

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

It's impossible to rep any kind of premium here unless there'd been any pre-flop comments about expecting Clamper to shove with any two. Up to you about calling and playing the flop or fold now and cry when you would've hit bingo on the flop. But Myles and Doke would both call off very light here given how you played it imo.

Comment

i'd shove and expect to race here alot with a v good price

Comment

Well you can't fold now obv. Id just jam it in and hope at least one of them folds and we bink somthing or other for some sort of pot.

We can easily have 99-JJ, AQ here so there is a small chance we get a fold.

I fold first time around FWIW though with this stack.
            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Squeeze or fold to original raise.
              As played,
              You say you are calling 25% of your stack to see a flop but that is no longer the case as your 550 is already in the pot and not longer yours You now have to call 850 of your 5050 which is now approx one 6th of your stack.Calling and jamming any favourable flop wouldn't be terrible imo considering the odds.You will have fold equity with a 4.2k bet into a 7k pot on the flop but not pre.
              If you jam now pre the original raiser should jam if he's going to play the hand and if he folds Miles might fold but Doke will defo call for the price being laid and is probably ahead of KQ anyway.
              If you call there is a chance you get to showdown unless Miles Or Doke flop big.
              Calling and folding to flop action still leaves you with 25+ BBs and even a level increase leaves you with 20+ so not a desperate situation.
              Call and reevaluate on the flop.

Comment

Fold first time, and a re-squeeze here is pretty obviously weak.
                I call and see a flop

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post

We can easily have 99-JJ, AQ here so there is a small chance we get a fold.
                  I also thought that the range of hands that i flat the original raise with can include the above

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                  If you jam now pre the original raiser should jam if he's going to play the hand and if he folds Miles might fold but Doke will defo call for the price being laid and is probably ahead of KQ anyway.
                  If you call there is a chance you get to showdown unless Miles Or Doke flop big.
                  Agree with the above, i am generally always going to get 1 caller in this spot but i dont think i would be in too bad shape if get called by Miles or Doke and would be flipping at best or 60/40 (excluding clamper)?? I don't think i fold KQ pre here anyway so should just be flatting to see a flop.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                    shoving the first time round is better than flatting imo,

jus fold now your going to get called AQ and bust
                    Can/should UTG+2 and mid position player call with AQ with otheers to act after them in the hand?

You weren't at the table were you?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                      Wanted to get some feedback on this hand to see if what i was at was retarded or not

3rd level of the game blinds 75/150 (starting stack 10k), have 5 mins previously gone from 15k to 5.6k when getting Aces cracked by Kings, dont think am viewed as tilty tho.

i'm in sb playing 5.6k, all players cover apart from bb with largest stack c. 11-12k, action as follows;

MP (Miles... played a few hands, loose enough) calls
                      Doke calls on the button
                      I call from sb with KQ (hand not really relevant i think)
                      Derek (Clamper) shoves all in for 1400, been playing many hands very loose, will have any 2 cards here

so UTG +2 dwells a bit then flats as does Miles and Doke.... so pot is c. 6150 and i'd be calling with off 25% of my stack here to see a flop.

Have a think about it and noone has shown any particular strength in the hand (including me). is there any merit in re-squeezing here, my thinking being that UTG+2 and Miles will need a very strong hand here to call for c. 60% of their stack with a player to act after them and should fold a lot of hands apart from premium which i cant see them having. Was worried that Doke could make the call if its folded to him as it may look like i'm squeezing. So should i just be folding/calling here in this spot or is the repop out of the question as i can't be repping a very strong hand?

This is too long, apologies.....
                      Figured you were a littlle tilty after getting your aces busted

played with this guy several times, figured he had big ace and calling to hit flop or fold

Derek (Clamper) shoves all in for 1400, been playing many hands very loose, will have any 2 cards here.
                      Derek is short stacked and will shove here 90%, think he shoved for 1600

UTG+2 and Miles will need a very strong hand here to call for c. 60% of their stack
                      I had 14,000 if I call i still have 10,000 (starting stack)

Doke.... was on the button I reckoned he thought the action was dead with the clampers allin and your short stack (not loose or tilty). If he has a big hand, he ships..

pot is c. 7,000

you ship remaing 4,000 under UTG+2 calls

pot is 15,000 ish. I have pocket pair(smallish) i'm last to act but Doke(very stong player - not loose - not tilty) way too much action for him.. I still have 10,000 left if I lose.
                      as you said i'm loose enough.

Myles

Comment

The other thing is that the other 3 guys are never superstrong. There is most definitely a chance of a couple folds, and even if you don't get them all to fold you still probably have 35-40% unless we're unlucky.
                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                          It's impossible to rep any kind of premium here unless there'd been any pre-flop comments about expecting Clamper to shove with any two. Up to you about calling and playing the flop or fold now and cry when you would've hit bingo on the flop. But Myles and Doke would both call off very light here given how you played it imo.
                          Very light.....

Comment

I also thought that the range of hands that i flat the original raise with can include the above.
                            It shouldn't you're not deep enough to be set mining and you should be at least thinning the field on the original 550 raise with these hands.You do not want a large multiway pot oop with 99-jj/AQ+.

Comment

I also thought that the range of hands that i flat the original raise with can include the above

Agree with the above, i am generally always going to get 1 caller in this spot but i dont think i would be in too bad shape if get called by Miles or Doke and would be flipping at best or 60/40 (excluding clamper)?? I don't think i fold KQ pre here anyway so should just be flatting to see a flop.
                              This is your biggest mistake Stephen imo. I would have folded 1st time round KQ oop with a BB ready to push ATC. You can be sure that Myles and Doke were aware of the Clampers position and stack. Which means that Doke particularly could flat with a monster to the 1st 550 raise.

When the reraise gets to him I think he would ship now though.
                              I wouldn't flat to the reraise here either, you're odds are great sure but most of the time you miss and you have to give up or else you hit and you are dominated.
                              You still have a playable stack and would find a better spot.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                This is your biggest mistake Stephen imo. I would have folded 1st time round KQ oop with a BB ready to push ATC. You can be sure that Myles and Doke were aware of the Clampers position and stack. Which means that Doke particularly could flat with a monster to the 1st 550 raise.

I wouldn't flat to the reraise here either, you're odds are great sure but most of the time you miss and you have to give up or else you hit and you are dominated.
                                More than likely

Think I'm folding KQ (pre) oop in this spot as well Ste but then I'm a nit The Clampers, expected, push has let either Myles or Dara setup a re-shove here with a premium. Potential here for fireworks and if spotted pre you should prob dump and wait for a better spot with a 25BB stack.

Last edited by TM2204; 15-03-10, 13:21. Reason: clarification

Comment

I agree he should have folded to the original raise but folding now would be compounding the error.KQ is fine here now getting 6150/850,and position is reversed as acting first now becomes the favourable position on the flop.
                                  4200 is everybit as playable as 5050 at these blinds so folding for te 850 would be terribad.I think the only debate in this hand is if there is value to reship or just call.Folding as played shouldn't be an option.

Comment

I agree he should have folded to the original raise but folding now would be compounding the error.KQ is fine here now getting 6150/850,and position is reversed as acting first now becomes the favourable position on the flop.
                                    4200 is everybit as playable as 5050 at these blinds so folding for te 850 would be terribad.I think the only debate in this hand is if there is value to reship or just call.Folding as played shouldn't be an option.
                                    I agree that the odds are great, but the situation is terrible. What if he hits the flop but there is an ace on it? He could conceivably fold the best hand. I mean he can't bet/fold, he could shove in terrible shape or he could check/fold to a pair of 9's. All 3 of these scenarios are much worse than folding now imo.

Comment

I agree that this is prob bad preflop with Clamper ready to push. Knew he was short at the start of the hand so know thats where the error is.
                                      Last edited by ghostface; 15-03-10, 14:20. Reason: Was making no sense...

Comment

Can/should UTG+2 and mid position player call with AQ with otheers to act after them in the hand?

You weren't at the table were you?
                                        i wasn't at the table,

given the way you played the hand(if you did shove) i'd expect you to get looked up pretty light even if there are people left to act behind, he can iso shove vs your shove and not worry too much about the person behind
                                        i think shoving Ax vs your range and even the calling range of the player behind will show a profit, any hand other than AA exactly,

Wat happend did you shove?

Comment

at first I thought hero was too deep to jam pre but given the rather large raise and the fact that there's a 1/3 of his stack in the middle I think it's probably fine. Especially given that the button who's a very good player by all accounts has decided not to squeeze pre.

I think jamming now is fine

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                                            i wasn't at the table,

given the way you played the hand(if you did shove) i'd expect you to get looked up pretty light even if there are people left to act behind, he can iso shove vs your shove and not worry too much about the person behind
                                            i think shoving Ax vs your range and even the calling range of the player behind will show a profit, any hand other than AA exactly,

Wat happend did you shove?
                                            I would have expected the iso reraise/shove from utg 1st time round when the Clamper shoved which also came into my thoughts.

Yep i shoved and got flatted by both UTG player and Myles with Doke folding. UTG with AQ and Poc 7's from Myles, poc 7s scooping the lot.

Comment

Min raise to 2800 -shove flop

Probably would have flatted and folded when miracle flop didnt appear, but would have been gone pre.

Comment

I would have expected the iso reraise/shove from utg 1st time round when the Clamper shoved which also came into my thoughts.

Yep i shoved and got flatted by both UTG player and Myles with Doke folding. UTG with AQ and Poc 7's from Myles, poc 7s scooping the lot.
                                                strange outcome, i persume it was checked down between them,

overcall multiple times with 77 is bad,

interesting hand eitherway

Comment

and position is reversed as acting first now becomes the favourable position on the flop.
                                                  why is this?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X