• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wimbledon

Any tennis experts wanna throw out some day 1 bets there please

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    Any tennis experts wanna throw out some day 1 bets there please
    or just tell us who's going to win the Mens (women's tennis is shite since lesbians stopped winning)?

2/1 Nadal
    11/5 Federer
    7/2 Djokovic
    11/2 Murray

Murray should be 20/1 imo (based on his woeful record of choking in GS events).

Federer is still capable of brilliance but, at 30 in a few weeks, and seemingly incapable of sustaining it in a big match against Nadal I'll swerve him. I don't trust Djokovic on grass at all.

So punting Nadal at 2/1 outright, won't be disappointed if Fed wins for a swansong, will puke heartily if Murray does it.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Nadal is 5/2 with WillHill

time for a little detour on my lunch break

Comment

A tennisey mate has given me these for today. Verdasco, Tipsarevic and Cilic in the mens 1st round. Flipkins in the womens first round.

Martinez Sanchez to knock out Jankovic in the womens

Comment

I never seem to find any value in Day 1 bets. Time to have a study!

Staying away from the Big 4, i like Del Potro @33/1 and a sneaky 5er on Hewitt @250/1 just for a small sweat

Wozniacki @12s for the wimmins

Comment

A tennisey mate has given me these for today. Verdasco, Tipsarevic and Cilic in the mens 1st round. Flipkins in the womens first round.
            Jesus he have you all the tight matches. I wouldnt back Tipsarevic with stolen money. Karlovic' serve on grass is one of if not the best in the mens game.

Id avoid Cilic aswell at the prices fwiw
            Last edited by Wesley Harms; 20-06-11, 09:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              I never seem to find any value in Day 1 bets. Time to have a study!

Staying away from the Big 4, i like Del Potro @33/1 and a sneaky 5er on Hewitt @250/1 just for a small sweat

Wozniacki @12s for the wimmins
              available at 70 and 1000 on bf.

I've gone for Isner at 140 and Hantcuchova 44 Pavlyuchenkova at 55, hopefully will be able to trade them out.

Comment

Nadal should win his first round match today.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Go for some 6'9" powerhouse at 50/1+ (man or woman.)

I lost interest after 1991. I was going to put £50 on Michael Stick at 22/1 so asked my nephew (Connaught under 16 tennis champion) for his opinion. He put me off backing a winner.

Comment

I just threw €10 on Milos Raonic at 150. He is big.

Comment

mahut and isner drawn to play each other round 1, anyone remember what happened last time

get yer money on a 5 setter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn0QMcy7rCs

Comment

Rafa is a moral.

Ill stick with Serena in the womens but its hard to call.
                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

One to watch is certainly young Milos Raonic. If he plays his best tennis he could serve Nadal off the court. At 150s he will be a solid bet.

If Federer doesn't have to play Nadal he will stroll to the victory. So many banana skins on the way for Nadal that I like the look of Fed for the win. Even if he runs into Nadal, if he plays as well as he did in the French he should have the beating of Rafael Arms on the grass.

Fed v Murray final.

Wozniacki to add to her junior crown in the women's lolorama.

Comment

Am I the only one thinking that Fed as marginal favourite is nuts?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              Am I the only one thinking that Fed as marginal favourite is nuts?
                              Have you seen the draw, deserving favourite. A lot of the shrewd judges and tipsters are predicting a Fed win

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                Have you seen the draw, deserving favourite. A lot of the shrewd judges and tipsters are predicting a Fed win
                                The draw? Who gives a bollix? there are only 3 players who can win it and 2 of them are in Fed's half.

Nadal has won 4 of the last 5 GS, he's won the last two wimbledon's he's played in.

Fed is not the player he was, he can still string together a set of brilliance but the unforced errors vs Nadal kill him

I am going to march down to Hills this afternoon and back Nadal at 5/2 but will do it with you if you will facilitate me instead.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                  Nadal should win his first round match today.
                                  Hope I'm not counting my chickens but this is looking good. You're welcome to anyone who followed.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    The draw? Who gives a bollix? there are only 3 players who can win it and 2 of them are in Fed's half.

Nadal has won 4 of the last 5 GS, he's won the last two wimbledon's he's played in.

Fed is not the player he was, he can still string together a set of brilliance but the unforced errors vs Nadal kill him

I am going to march down to Hills this afternoon and back Nadal at 5/2 but will do it with you if you will facilitate me instead.
                                    Pass on this. Hate betting outright.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                      Pass on this. Hate betting outright.
                                      no worries, more fun taking it off the books

Comment

I haven't been following much tennis over the last while so not 100% of people's form etc, but from quickly looking through the first round, would i be buring money backing any of these

LLodra underpriced @ 4/9 v James Ward
                                        Robredo @ 11/8 v Lu, Yen-Hsun
                                        Davydenko @ 11/8 v Tomic
                                        Blake capable of an upset @ 27/10 v Baghdatis
                                        Stepanek @ 11/8 v Verdasco if Verdasco doesn't turn up

Comment

I haven't been following much tennis over the last while so not 100% of people's form etc, but from quickly looking through the first round, would i be buring money backing any of these

Davydenko @ 11/8 v Tomic
                                          Blake only back after a bad injury I'd be wary of, but I'd like to see him win.

Other pics seem like solid 50/50 chances.

Comment

Garcia lopez to win
                                            Soberling straight sets
                                            Melzer straight sets..

Comment

Going with a British accumulator today ...

Keothavong, Anne
                                              Baltacha, Elena
                                              Watson, Heather
                                              Ward, James

The women trio have ok matches and should come through them.

Ward has a tough one against Llodra however he did beat both Querrey and Wawrinka before losing a close one in the semis to Tsonga 6-3, 7-6 (9-7) last week. Llodra is known for his service mainly and is getting on at 31 now. The 5/2 you can get is enough for me here.

Comment

Davydenko @ 11/8 v Tomic
                                                LLodra isn't underpriced. Opposite if anything

Davydenko hates grass but is an ok bet at 11/8.

Avoid Blake till he proves he's still got it.

Verdasco is unpredictable so 11/8 is probably decent.

Comment

All this talk of Fed being past it is a load of old pony. He will undoubtedly make the business end as he does in every grand slam. If Fed's past it then think how every single player outside the top 4 who loses to him week on week must feel. You'd swear they were all disabled the way people talk about Fed these days.
                                                  Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Conor Niland, Irelands first player in Wimbledon for 27 years starting off well against opponent 120 odd places above in rankings

3-3 on serve but stats looking ok ...

Match Summary

Comment

In running betting a bit off based on the stats - Conor is finding no trouble on his serve and getting to Deuces most games on opponents - just took some of 5/2

Comment

Just found match on TG4 if anyone interested

Comment

any link for watching online?
                                                          twitter
                                                          moneybookers

Comment

Ship the 1st set 6-4 (after 5 set points). Seems to be dealing with conditions better and has a big enough support cheering him on. Hitting some great winners so far.

Winner plays Fed in 2nd round ... cente court possibly?

Comment

Deadly.

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post

small delay

Comment

Mannarino is ~ 130 places ahead of him in the world rankings. Is there value at 6/5 in running?
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                    Mannarino is ~ 130 places ahead of him in the world rankings. Is there value at 6/5 in running?
                                                                    He does not seem anything special to me. A lot more impressed by Niland's game.

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post

Comment

He's winning his own service games to love a lot too, which is a good sign I'd have thought.

Comment

Finkel-esque stopping power

Comment

2/7 now. Prob should have taken that 6/5
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

#39

Davydenko @ 11/8 v Tomic
                                                                              Backed Robredo, Davydenko and Stepanek in a trixie.

Robredo 2 sets down to Lu, Davydenko 1 set and 4-1 down and Stepanek won the first 2 sets, lost the next 2 and it's 4-4 in the 5th. I suck!

Comment

#40
                                                                                is there in running betting on paddy power for the tennis? i can't find it

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                                                                                  is there in running betting on paddy power for the tennis? i can't find it
                                                                                  Click on live betting on the left hand side near the top of the page.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                                                                                    Click on live betting on the left hand side near the top of the page.
                                                                                    thank you sir

put a few on Niland at 4/1

losing money on an Irishman in Wimbledon will be worth it

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Niland's got the big heart.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                        Niland's got the big heart.
                                                                                        He sure has, im glued to it. Showing some bottle.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          great response to take the 4th after a really tough loss in the 3rd set
                                                                                          gogogo

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Crying shame if he blows this from 4-1 up in the last

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                                                              He sure has, im glued to it. Showing some bottle.

ffs.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Crying shame if he blows this from 4-1 up in the last
                                                                                                tell me about, had a nice chunk on pre match @ 5/2, then some more @ 4.5 and 5.8 in running
                                                                                                couldnt get to lay when he was winning....

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  My brother sent me an e-mail this afternoon. His daughter (16) has her name and message "You're an inspiration, Andy!" printed on Andy Murray's kit bag. He attached an image file.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                  X