Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Ascot

Whats everyone fancy for the week?

Probably the best weeks flat racing every year starts tomorrow.

The very first race(Queen Anne Stakes) features Goldikova (6/4)v Canford Cliffs (11/8)
    This should be a cracking race but I come down on the side of Canford Cliffs on the basis of both horses last runs Canford is younger and still has an unreal turn of foot, something I can't be sure Glodi possesses anymore.

I like Power each way at 5's in the Coventry Stakes at 4.25 progressive profile from the Ballydoyle yard and will keep improving all year imo.

Frankel is a banker in the St.James' Palace stakes but is very short Dubawi Gold is a bit of value at 14's each way.

I'll be doing a small accum for fun too Frankel 4/11, Canford Cliffs 11/8, So you Think 1/2(Prince of Wales) and Await the Dawn 11/10(Hardwicke Stakes) Its pays over 8/1 afaik on bet365.

Can't focking wait.

First race arguably the best of the week imo. I'd be leaning more to Goldikova myself but don't think I'll be backing her. Cape Blanco is a place lay here imo, inadequate trip, front two in the market *should* have far too much speed for him. Also much like Twice over I think he was aimed to peak in Dubai earlier in the season and has suffered since.

Frankel gonna Frankel.

And as I said in the horsey thread I've backed Bridgetown @14/1's with the intention of laying in running in the Kings stand

That's all I have for tomorrow, but really excited about Holberg in the Gold Cup, especially if the rain comes as expected, because there's already a lot of questionable stayers even if it was on Good-Fm so Yielding or soft will really expose a lot in the field.
    Last edited by The Situation; 13-06-11, 17:21.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Got on pretty heavy on frankel, so u think, double anyone opposing, thoughts please.
      location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

any decent specials?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser soze View Post
          Got on pretty heavy on frankel, so u think, double anyone opposing, thoughts please.
          On it as well.
          Profit before people.

Comment

Canford Cliffs. That is all

Comment

No idea who will win the 1st race. I would prefer Goldikova over CC as she is a much more hardened performer.

I like Sole Power in the Kings Stand at the prices.

Don't like the flat anyway so don't get the buzz about Ascot.

Comment

Probably won't have a bet all week (apart from an outstanding bet on Fame & Glory, certainly wouldn't be backing him at the prices atm).

Goldi v Canford tomorrow will be great, reckon Goldi is the one to be with.
                Frankel is the business.

Apart from that I haven't any strong opinions; SYT is possibly on the short side, I wasn't as impressed with him lto as most people, no mugs in opposition either.

FWIW I got word for Fictional Account in the Gold Cup, price is gone now though.

I'll just take each race as it comes and enjoy them.

Comment

Originally posted by applehunter View Post
                  No idea who will win the 1st race. I would prefer Goldikova over CC as she is a much more hardened performer.

I like Sole Power in the Kings Stand at the prices.

Don't like the flat anyway so don't get the buzz about Ascot.
                  Think the ground is now against Sole Power, he may be withdrawn.

Comment

I had decided to have a small e/w bet on Monsieur Chevalier in the Kings Stand but I see pricewise tipped it . All the fancy prices are now gone 20/1 the best available. Otherwise Gatepost in the Coventry and Zigato in the 5.00 are my bets.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser soze View Post
                      Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                      On it as well.
                      Don't think the bookies are giving anything away with quotes of 1/2 on SYT tbh. Yes he has looked good but I wasn't quite as impressed with him lto as most seemed to be, and they are no mugs in opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                        Don't think the bookies are giving anything away with quotes of 1/2 on SYT tbh. Yes he has looked good but I wasn't quite as impressed with him lto as most seemed to be, and they are no mugs in opposition.
                        I think its priced up spot on.
                        SYT is an incredible beast to look at in the flesh too.

Comment

Originally posted by CheckRaise View Post
                          any decent specials?
                          There are money back specials of note if thats what you mean.

All enhanced trebles/fun bets will be up here though

Comment

What in the name of god are Hills up to? Biggest or joined biggest on Goldikova, Canford, Frankel and SYT yet their shortest on the likes of Cape Blanco and Fame and Glory. 7/4 about Goldi is tempting me, hmmm- opinions??
                            Profit before people.

Comment

So You Think is a very rare type imo, speed to win over 7 furlongs, stays 2 miles (pulled really hard in the first few furlongs in Melbourne and still got 3rd) and probably best around 10/12f.

1/2 may actually be a bit of value

Comment

What in the name of god are Hills up to? Biggest or joined biggest on Goldikova, Canford, Frankel and SYT yet their shortest on the likes of Cape Blanco and Fame and Glory. 7/4 about Goldi is tempting me, hmmm- opinions??
                                Canford Cliffs is a motorbike. I'll be a very sad panda (and my pocket will be very empty) if he gets beat today.

Comment

I've been backing at this meeting for 20+ years. My strategy is to take on the hotpots in the group races with big price outsiders. This strategy doesn't work.

Anyway I'm throwing away €19.60 on these:
                                  €0.20 Heinz on 1st six races;
                                  €0.20 Canadian on last 5 races;
                                  €0.20 Yankee on last 4 races;
                                  €0.20 trixie on last 3 races
                                  [11.40+5.20+2.20+0.80=19.60].

2:30 Cityscape 16/1
                                  3:05 Kingsgate Native 8/1
                                  3:45 Dubawi Gold 14/1
                                  4:25 Campanology 33/1
                                  5:00 Plymouth Rock 14/1
                                  5:35 Frederick Engels 4/1

Comment

canford and fankel worth €50 double to win?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                      canford and fankel worth €500 double to win?
                                      FYP

Comment

I think so, have a ton on them to do the business.

Looking fwd to watching Frankel race again regardless of any bets,his last race was just an awesome spectacle.

Comment

Don't!! He's up against a 14 times G1 winner who is showing no real signs of slowing down. Race is ridic tight to call and CC is no way near the certainty that Hurricane's confidence would lead you to believe.

Just double your stake and put it on a Frankel So you think double.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

CC is no way near the certainty that Hurricane's confidence would lead you to believe.
                                            This is false information. Canford Cliffs is in fact, a certainty.

Comment

nice one on it goes so that I can get the nice sweat in. Any thing with long odds looking decent for placing to balance out the shorts on these 2

Comment

I see it is "Sir Henry Cecil" on the racecard. I thought he has to go Buckingham Palace to get it, or has it already happened?

Comment

Don't!! He's up against a 14 times G1 winner who is showing no real signs of slowing down. Race is ridic tight to call and CC is no way near the certainty that Hurricane's confidence would lead you to believe.

Just double your stake and put it on a Frankel So you think double.
                                                  Boooo

Comment

04:25 Royal Ascot: Campanology 77.68 €12.15 €939.30

I like a big price loser. Trainer Hannon; jockey Murtagh.

"Green, edged left and outpaced in rear early, headway halfway, ridden to chase winner and edged right entering final furlong, kept on, better for race"

Comment

just checked my e-mails, and because I havent been on line for so long paddypower have givin me a vip special of evens on frankel pity the max bet is €20, but still nice odds
                                                      Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol

Comment

I just got this on Facebook

Suppliers of straight or curved stairlifts for anyone having difficulty with stairs. Safety, Reliability & Great Value.

Thanks.

Comment

As good a week of racing as this Is likely to be, punting wise it's all about the opener for me.

The more you put down, the more you get back imo

If I have an shekels left I'll probably back excelebration w/o Frankel.

Comment

Goldi to continue being the super mare. Don't want her hitting the front too early though.

War Artist e/w @ 14/1. In great form this year, has hammered Sole Power in Meydan when going down a head to J J The Jet Plane when not getting a clear run.

Gatepost e/w @ 7/1. Has travelled well and picked up nicely in both his races, has looked impressive to me, really should get involved today.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                              Goldi to continue being the super mare
                                                              Agreed. She will lose nothin in defeat today. No shame in being beaten by CC

Comment

Love CC, always have. Well overpriced the last day it ran and I'm still sick I wasn't around to back it. Plan is to make up for it today but obv Goldi is a serious contender.

Can anyone give me a link for Boyles on Frankel's race please? I can't find it and looking to do a treble with CC, SYT and it.

Edit: Got Frankel, don't know why I thought it was on tomorrow
                                                                Last edited by Caf; 14-06-11, 13:07. Reason: mistake

Comment

Not sure I liked that Yeats statue, looks very defeatist with his head bowed. What a hero he was though.

Edit: they should erect a Geordieland statue about 3 lengths behind him.
                                                                  Last edited by The Situation; 14-06-11, 13:17.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Canford Cliffs can run very fast

Comment

As long as Blanco stays out of the front 2 I'm happy. Haven't backed Goldi as much as it pains me not to.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                          Get in there.

Comment

Well done Canford backers. Exciting race.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Won like a 1/5 shot. Motorcycle

Comment

#40
                                                                                your about as cocky as R Hughes nice

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Bring on Frankel imo

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Bring on Frankel imo
                                                                                    Defo, theres no better horse in training at the moment

Comment

#43
                                                                                      hope yous are right lads, hopped on the double GB said above. was 5/2 in the PP shop. so far, so good!

Comment

#44
                                                                                        What's going to win the 3.05?
                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Im playing Prohit and Astrophsical jet in the place market

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Kingsgate Native so?
                                                                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Id like to see Overdose run well

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Kingsgate Native to win and Star Witness to place please dealer

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                  Kingsgate Native so?
                                                                                                  Monseur Chevalier EW

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    USA USA USA
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      We have a bingo

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        I was wondering what a prohit was...now I know.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          meh happy enough - had a place in that one and a winner in the first. Again seems like after timing so I'll post screen shots if anyone cares enough

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            1/4 odds 1,2,3 in the next and 9/1 2nd fav. Any fancies for the placing?

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Frankel in the next one and Im done for the day

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                Frankel in the next one and Im done for the day
                                                                                                                @ 1/3

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  @ 1/3
                                                                                                                  @ closer to 2/5

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                                    1/4 odds 1,2,3 in the next and 9/1 2nd fav. Any fancies for the placing?
                                                                                                                    .

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      There was some move for Prohibit literally seconds before the off, went from about 14.5 to 7.8 in a matter of seconds on Betfair, similarly jumped from 12/1 to 8/1 with Powers. This happened in the space of no more than 30 seconds as far as I could see.
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                        There was some move for Prohibit literally seconds before the off, went from about 14.5 to 7.8 in a matter of seconds on Betfair, similarly jumped from 12/1 to 8/1 with Powers. This happened in the space of no more than 30 seconds as far as I could see.
                                                                                                                        the stream is behind the exchange by a couple of seconds depending where you a watching it

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X