Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best MTT Tuition

Hi,
    I'm looking to start playing some online small stakes tournies on a Sunday Evenings (is it still rich with fish then?) and wanted some sound advice on MTT. Is HOH still the best resource?

I've studied cash theory a lot at StoxPoker when it was going and used to beat the 1/2 live cash games for about €15 p.h. at weekends, so I've fair knowledge of basic strategy. . .

PokerXFactor and PokerSavvyPlus are both cracking sites and well worth the money

HOH is v dated at this stage, may be a decent intro but you'd learn more spending that time reading 2+2 tourno threads instead

Comment

Harrington is definitely the place to start. You probably won't learn that much from it, but it's like Poker 101 and should be studied before anything else IMO.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

2+2 threads can hinder as much as help. there are so many hacks posting on there that if u are unsure of ur game ur gonna get brain fucked....some posters post exellent stuff and others post complete garbage and if ur just finding ur feet in the games you could get very confused. poker xfactor is top class for tournies only.... deuces cracked and card runners are good for tournie and cash games

Comment

Pocketfives training is excellent and would recommend a subscription for sure. I wouldn't other with outdated books anymore tbh. Get a subscription to some site anyway and maybe a few hours coaching if you have some extra few quid lying around.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post

HOH is v dated at this stage, may be a decent intro but you'd learn more spending that time reading 2+2 tourno threads instead
            It is dated, but it details a lot of basic concepts that are unique to tourney poker. Such as M ratio. If the OP has only studied cash then he may not be aware of tem.
            He be better served learning them from the book, so that he understands them when they come up in threads on 2+2 or here

Comment

Yeah although dated HoH covers all the important tournament concepts in good detail. It's the perfect book for any player turning to tournament poker, and should nurture good TAG strategy.

Also the 2+2 Small Stakes MTT stickies; 'Thread of the Month' and 'Anthology' are invaluable.
              "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

I'd also recommend starting with HoH and then a training site. I'm finding some of the vids on pocketFives (Formally pokerpwnage) very good.

GL

Comment

Thanks a million, I'm going to read HOH vol 1 and see how far we get with that

Comment

i have a few ebooks that i bought online..there jus the book copied onto adode reader or somethin..good enough quailty to read on your oc/laptop or print out.. ave the super systems harrington on holdem and a good few others will put the list up here if ur interested.
                    http://formbet.co.uk?ap_id=Filly10 Horse Racing Ratings

Comment

I liked the two books Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time series. Volume I and Volume 2 co wrote by by "Apestyles", "Rizen", & "Pearljammer"

I like in these sorta books to make my own 'decisions' and see how they differ from authors and then compare the two and make an analysis of sort of why/what etc

suits me as i keep it/them in smoking room/shed and revisit

Comment

Working...
                      X