Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.5k and I'm off to Thailand for a month

Playing on PokerStars right now..

Playing a mix between $7 sit and go's and 10c/25c cash games..

I'm in FAS full time so I get to play about 1-2 hours per day, multi-tabling with 2 tables.

My current bankroll is at $190 after building it up from just $15 2 weeks ago..

I am saving to go to Thailand for 1 month and I want poker to completely pay for my trip so this log is to keep me motivated towards this goal.

Once I reach $500 bankroll I am going to increase to $15 sit and go's and 25c/50c cash games.

I'll keep you all posted daily and then (hopefully) I will post some pictures from Thailand once I make my $2500

Get Subbed

I remember those optimistic days.

If you do manage to get to Thailand - make sure you know what your buying - they have been known to sell hot dogs when all your want is a bit of battered cod.

Comment

if you mean she-men then dont worry I will be careful

Day 1 Update

Played 4 sit n go's this evening. Multi table with 2 tables twice. In the first 2 I came 3rd in one tourny and 1st in the other one.. Tried a bluff when the guy had aces so maybe I would have done better than 3rd if only for that.

In the second 2 tournies I came 5th (bleh) and 1st.

Total playing time: 2.45 hours

Total profit: $40.82

Current Bankroll:

Comment

What buyin tournies are you playing?

Comment

Good Luck, its a great Idea!!!
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            What buyin tournies are you playing?
            Playing a mix between $7 sit and go's (9 man) and 10c/25c cash games..

Once I reach $500 bankroll I am going to increase to $15 sit and go's and 25c/50c cash games.

I play about 80% SNG and 20% cash.

Comment

you don't have near enough money online to play 50nl imo.

Stick to the SNGs if they're working, I don't think I'd be playing the $7 ones just yet though

Comment

I lose about 10 buyins once a week ha
                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Stick to the SNGs if they're working, I don't think I'd be playing the $7 ones just yet though
                  I think you are right.. I don't enjoy the cash as much as the SNG's either so I think I will stick to them for now.. I have seen the most success with them also.

I'm gonna stick at $7 SNG. I know standard bankroll managment says that I should have $350 BR before I play $7 SNG but since I started this new goal of mine about 10 days ago I have only had 1 losing day and that was only a loss $3.

I will drop back to the $3.50 SNG if I go on a losing streak but fingers crossed I won't have to do that.. I have my sights firmly set on the $15 SNG's and that is when the fun will start but i gotta get to $500 BR first minimum first.

Comment

He is going for a spinup. High % chance of bust but can get there faster if he runs well. % chance of bust is above 95% though I'd say.

Comment

beat: i just lost $52 playing 2 sngs on fulltilt
                      brag: i then won $8.20 playing a super turbo sng
                      variance: if i had won any of the other 2 sngs i probably wouldn't have been able to withdraw the loots

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                        beat: i just lost $52 playing 2 sngs on fulltilt
                        brag: i then won $8.20 playing a super turbo sng
                        variance: if i had won any of the other 2 sngs i probably wouldn't have been able to withdraw the loots
                        Turbos and super turbos are not poker man.. They are bingo

Go with the normal SNG's where you can actually play poker.

Comment

Originally posted by fruges View Post
                          Turbos and super turbos are not poker man.. They are bingo

Go with the normal SNG's where you can actually play poker.
                          Most SNG grinders / high-volume pros play turbos mainly though, as least that is what I've been led to believe! If I only had 1 or 2 hours to play each day, I wouldn't look past turbos TBH, at least you can get in some volume.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                            Most SNG grinders / high-volume pros play turbos mainly though, as least that is what I've been led to believe! If I only had 1 or 2 hours to play each day, I wouldn't look past turbos TBH, at least you can get in some volume.
                            Not in my experience man..

Multi-tabling standard SNG's is whats working for me right now anyway.

Comment

Low stakes turbos are the only way to build a roll. Do a mix between the 6-45 man.
                              If it's taking 2.45 hours to play 4 STT's then it's a serious waste of time.
                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

UPDATE

So I actually haven't played too much lately for a few reasons:

1. My PokerTracker software wasnt working and I don't like playing without it..

2. I've been busy on my course.. It's exam time..

So..

I havent been running too well lately.. Titled pretty badly on 5c/10c cash games and lost a few buy ins..

I also cashed out $10 to my netteller account to make sure it was working. I am going to get the pre-paid mastercard so that I can get access to my winnings..

Here is how my account looks now.. Thailand seems far away

Comment

Hey guys,

Haven't updated in a while..

So I have been having big trouble trying to play 4 tables 'cascade style' on my 10" notebook computer.. I tried it for about a week but I couldn't seem to win and it kind of put me on tilt.

I lost $70 in that space of time that I was on tilt BUT we got our home computer fixed and it's 17" screen so I have been playing 4 tables, tiled, on that and I have got my bank roll back up to $204

Still at the $7 SNG's and think I'll be staying there for a while..

So when I'm in FAS during the week I will continue to play 2 tables on my note book and then at weekends I will be playing 4 tables on my home computer..

Comment

Working...
                                  X