The Fonze Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fonze Log

I am a big racing fan and a keen student of the horses. I am posting this as a log for myself and any who will be interested. Todays bet is a €1 ew Luncky 15, a great value bet given its 3 times the odds non runners and 1/4 odds ew place terms. Bet is done in Paddy Powers as its the local.

3.15 Epsom Strike Up the Band - Blinkers on first time and running well this season. 16/1 looks a reasonable price.
    4.50 Epsom Berling - John Dunlop had a quiet season last season but to date this year has gone well. This horse was always well regarded and a fast run race should suit him. 7/1
    2.50 Doncaster -barney McGrew - Highly tried recently and the 5f is a bit short for him the last time. 7f more to his liking and has a chance off 96. 20/1 looks like a good bit of value to me.
    3.40 musselburgh- Verinco 14/1 - running well and has an experienced jockey on today. Sharp 5f will suit him and drawn nicely also.

Lets see how day 1 goes!
    Last edited by Thefonze; 04-06-11, 10:27.

Originally posted by Thefonze View Post
    I am a big racing fan and a keen student of the horses. I am posting this as a log for myself and any who will be inteersted. Todays bet is a €1 ew Luncky 15, a great value bet given its 3 times the odds non runners and 1/4 odds ew place terms. Bet is done in Paddy Powers as its the local.

3.15 Epsom Strike Up the Bank - Blinkers on first time and running well this season. 16/1 looks a reasonable price.
    4.50 Epsom Berling - John Dunlop had a quiet season last season but to date this year has gone well. This horse was always well regarded and a fast run race should suit him. 7/1
    2.50 Doncaster -barney McGrew - Highly tried recently and the 5f is a bit short for him the last time. 7f more to his liking and has a chance off 96. 20/1 looks like a good bit of value to me.
    3.40 musselburgh- Vernico 14/1 - running well and has an experienced jockey on today. Sharp 5f will suit him and drawn nicely also.

Lets see how day 1 goes!
    A couple of things.

- Lucky 15s are mug bets, Ive no idea what a Luncky 15 is

- Its Strike up the Band not Bank

- Its Verinco not Vernico

Hope this helps.

Comment

Cheers all amended.

Lucky 15's are the least profitable multiple bet for bookies so i see that as both value and a good interest for a days racing. This log is to try and win a few quid but more so to enjoy the days racing.

Comment

should be interesting to foloow this as I like a dabble on the horses as wellm good luck with it

Comment

good luck with this

Comment

small 50c e/w lucky 15 for the interest, gl lads

Comment

Just under €20 return which was not bad for 2 placed horses. Disappointed with how the first 2 ran but enjoyed the days racing.

Comment

Cheers all amended.

Lucky 15's are the least profitable multiple bet for bookies so i see that as both value and a good interest for a days racing. This log is to try and win a few quid but more so to enjoy the days racing.
                []Citation needed
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  []Citation needed
                  aahh, fair chance it is (financially), but not in any measured against other bets as a % way

just people do big doubles/triples etc and fuck all people do lucky 15's

So he is probably right, but if he is, it is for 100% the wrong reasoning
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-06-11, 10:36.

Comment

Good luck with this.

Comment

I think you need a Captial F and a space in your username before i take you serious

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        I think you need a Captial F and a space in your username before i take you serious
                        Only 1 true The Fonze in my book. I will let the winners do the talking. Researching Royal Ascot at this moment in time, looks like it will be a cracking meeting. Georgieland in the Ascot Gold Cup looks a good each way bet at 16/1 today.
                        Looking fwd to some good each way value races this Saturday to increase the kitty in advance of a long week of punting!

Comment

Looking forward to Royal Ascot next week. Its without doubt the best gambling opportunity of the year. Meanwhile we have a competitive day of racing ahead. Selections for this weeks €1 Each Way Lucky 15 are as follows.
                          2.40 York- Charlie Cool- very consistent horse and down to a winning rating. More importantly the trainers horses are back after a quiet year last year. Great value at 11/1 with 4 places paid
                          3.15 York : Majestic Myles-i was impressed when this horse won last time out at Newmarket, showed a lot of battling qualities against a well though of runner. The front 2 pulled well clear and with normal improvement i expect him to go close and 10/1 is not bad with Powers.
                          3.30 Newmarket : Dinkum Diamond- I dont know what happened him the last day, i could make excuses but wont. I like this horse a lot and think he will be a good sprinter over the years. 6/1 ew will be my single bet today also.
                          2.10 York- Crackentorp- Not mad on these ladies races however this horse is one I have watched. He has a winnable mark but has disappointed to date. Last time out he pulled too hard so i hope he settles better today. 10/1 at the moment and hopefully this will start the bet on the right path.
                          Good luck and enjoy!

Comment

Only 1 true The Fonze in my book. I will let the winners do the talking. Researching Royal Ascot at this moment in time, looks like it will be a cracking meeting. Georgieland in the Ascot Gold Cup looks a good each way bet at 16/1 today.
                            Looking fwd to some good each way value races this Saturday to increase the kitty in advance of a long week of punting!

Finding it hard to take you seriously when you continually spell the name of your Picks wrong!

Comment

good start to todays bet

Comment

€42.50 back today, not great after a nice start.
                                Sorry for spelling mistakes , i just type as i think and more interested to get content out there.
                                next week now should be good...

Comment

€42.50 back today, not great after a nice start.
                                  Sorry for spelling mistakes , i just type as i think and more interested to get content out there.
                                  next week now should be good...
                                  still a profit

Comment

€1 EW Lucky 15 tomorrow
                                    3.05 Overdose- will like the ground and the draw is good. Willing to forget his last run on unsuitable ground and hope to see the winner of the L'abbey that never was. Take 12/1
                                    4.25 Ascot- Fulbright- i was impressed with him at epsom although he beat a poor field. Willing to give him a vote in a very open race.
                                    5.0c- Palomar- has run in a number of such races and always goes well. i like the jockey booking and the trainer is in form.20/1 available.
                                    5.35 - This is a race that throws up odd results. Willing to give the M Johnson horse Es Que Love another chance here after a poor run last time out, could have been the bounce factor as he had run only a few days beforehand. 33/1

Aside from that the first race is not a betting contest and Frankle should win the other race although I would not be interested at the prices.
                                    Should be a great days racing!

Comment

€1 EW Lucky 15 tomorrow
                                      3.05 Overdose- will like the ground and the draw is good. Willing to forget his last run on unsuitable ground and hope to see the winner of the L'abbey that never was. Take 12/1
                                      4.25 Ascot- Fulbright- i was impressed with him at epsom although he beat a poor field. Willing to give him a vote in a very open race.
                                      5.0c- Palomar- has run in a number of such races and always goes well. i like the jockey booking and the trainer is in form.20/1 available.
                                      5.35 - This is a race that throws up odd results. Willing to give the M Johnson horse Es Que Love another chance here after a poor run last time out, could have been the bounce factor as he had run only a few days beforehand. 33/1

Aside from that the first race is not a betting contest and Frankle should win the other race although I would not be interested at the prices.
                                      Should be a great days racing!
                                      Sweet Lord, if that comes off the payout is huge! Might throw a small one on for the laugh.

Edit: 20c Lucky 15..potential returns €47k
                                      "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

In racing anything can win and at least at Royal Ascot they are all trying. This is the best week of flat racing all year so cant wait. Also have the winner of the Wokingham on Saturday but will post this once final decs are in.

Comment

No joy today but I had been expecting softer ground then was the case. Day 2 €1 ew Lucky 15

Music Show 3.05- Group 1 winner without a penalty. Enough said
                                          Invisible Man 4.25- Course record holder and 25/1 available
                                          Bubbly Ballerina- Met a good one when beaten at york. Trainer does not have many runners here but he has always liked this filly
                                          Cape Dollar- Trainer persisting with him convinces me that at 12/1 he has to be the value.

Hopefully these selections will give me a better run than on Day 1. Looking fwd to it already

Comment

In racing anything can win
                                            Fraid not.
                                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

How do you make your selections. As in what research do you do? Just interested.

Also instead of a lucky 15 you'll be better of with doing €2 each way or €4 win on your selections then do a €1 accum in case they all click. Thats costing 17 instead of 15 euro but I think you'll have potential for more returns this way.
                                              I say win for some and each way for other because you seem to fancy some of your picks more than other so you can structure singles better this way as opposed to a lucky 15.

EDIT: noticed it's one euro each way lucky 15's you place in that case adjust my €2ew and €4 win stakes accordingly.
                                              Last edited by Aya14; 15-06-11, 21:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                How do you make your selections. As in what research do you do? Just interested.

Also instead of a lucky 15 you'll be better of with doing €2 each way or €4 win on your selections then do a €1 accum in case they all click. Thats costing 17 instead of 15 euro but I think you'll have potential for more returns this way.
                                                I say win for some and each way for other because you seem to fancy some of your picks more than other so you can structure singles better this way as opposed to a lucky 15.

EDIT: noticed it's one euro each way lucky 15's you place in that case adjust my €2ew and €4 win stakes accordingly.
                                                I make the selections based off what I see on the track, trainer form, ground and looking for value. I used work in bookies 20 years ago and have followed the horses all my life. I used to gamble a lot more a few years back and the reason i stick to Lucky 15's or trebles is due to the concession of 3 times the odds one winner on luckly 15's and ensuring that I keep losses to a minimum (went mad on occasions in the past). Also these bets typically give you an interest throughout the day. In the past I have won big on these bets and also on 20*1 Euro ew trebles and a 1 ew acc (cost 42).

For today I am going with the 20*1 ew trebles and 1Ew acc

2.30 Bannock- Got a terrible ride from Frankie the last day and would otherwise have won. He looked good the time before that.
                                                3.05 Dorcas Lane- Does not look a strong Group 2 but this horse is game and improving
                                                3.45 Geordieland- Leap of faith on this one as he has not been out for so long. That said he stays and he has ran well in this race in the past. There are a lot of doubtful stayers here so he could surprise.
                                                4.25 Bridgefield - Could be a group horse so I am happy to take the 20/1 on him in this handicap.
                                                5.oc Tazahum- Improver for Mr Stoute and again not the strongest of races.
                                                5.35 - Eternal Heart- Won well at Sandown and has the profile of a horse who will continue to progress.
                                                Good luck and enjoy

Comment

Victoire De Lyphar is my tip for Saturday in the Wokingham. This horse is a group horse in a handicap, has been laid out for the race.

Terrible meeting for my selections to date, did not factor in all that rain again.

Now on to tomorrow when we know the rain has got into the ground.

3.05 World Domination- Dam went on the ground and was a class act. Reckon this race has been on his agenda since the Derby was ruled out.
                                                  3.45 Theyskens Theory - They think a lot of this horse and he goes on soft as we saw last time out. Its a good race but she should go close.
                                                  4.25 Beachfire- Strange horse but he is talanted. Will be staying on when the others have cried enough. I will give him one last chance.
                                                  5.35 Kalk Bay -Top trainer and jockey. Another who will go on this ground and looks well handicapped.

All 4 in a €1 ew Lucky 15 is the bet. I am very confident that this will show a healthy profit as I plan to have a nice bet on Victoire on Saturday!

Comment

Thats a cost of 17 instead of 15 euro but I think you have more potential return on this. I said that to win a number of other ways, because you seem to fancy you pick some more than others so you can better structure of singles in this way, instead of a lucky 15.
                                                    Buy RS Gold,Tera Money

Comment

Been away for a few days but back now for the Curragh. Good looking card and with the ground riding the way it is can make some money. Made a profit of circa €25 the last day so that will nearly cover todays bet of a €2 win Lucky 15

2.40 Glor Na Mara- rating of 102 will be a total joke if this horse performs to her ability.
                                                      3.10 Hamish McGonagail- will win this easily i believe, very quick up front and a class above the fav.
                                                      2.10- Tough as Nails- run behind Power gives this one a clear opportunity to take this race.
                                                      3.50- Carlton House- Boring choice but the horse with most potential, ground will suit better than Epsom.

Alos will have €5 ew on Deutschland in the 4.30 as i expect this horse to go very close off his more than favourable mark, G Carroll is a top jock also.

Comment

That Hamish will win easily comment is stupidly naive for a keen student of the game. Despite Inxile giving weight all round he's most definitely a worthy fav. David Nicholls' placement of this horse has been brilliant this year. Only loss in the last 5 races was a 1/4 length defeat in a G2 in Chantilly. He finished third that day, a shorthead behind the king stand winner prohibit.

Edit: also Hamish hasn't finished better than 4th in his six group races to date.
                                                        Last edited by The Situation; 26-06-11, 11:47.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

I dont rate Inxile and feel that with 3lbs Hamish should win by 1l. 7/2 as against 6/4 also tilts me in towards Hamish. Think this race will suit as the curragh appears to me to be his type of course.
                                                          I appreciate the comments but based on what i have seen to date of both horses i am confident that Hamish will beat Inxile. I would go so far as to say that I think Invincible will be the runner up.

Comment

Pity he could not hold her, they went too fast up front!
                                                            Last edited by Thefonze; 26-06-11, 15:15.

Comment

No joy today. Away for the next few weeks thankfully so hope my luck is a little better when i get back!
                                                              Good luck all in the meantime.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X